Crossed Paths✅

Oleh rukayyatuuuu

|Book one in the Royal Series| --- In the realm of royalty, chance encounters are not mere happenstance; they... Lebih Banyak

BLURB.
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
|67|
|68|
|69|
|70|
Epilogue.

|13|

1.9K 206 32
Oleh rukayyatuuuu

"Indeed there is light at the end of every tunnel "

Malik Residence.
Kano,Nigeria.

Tears stream down her cheeks as she limped her way to their room hurt by her father not caring one bit about her made her to break down in more tears.

Her twin siblings stirred in their sleep making her to quickly wipe her tears and took a novel pretending to be reading.

In a minute they woke up and set their gazes on her. "Ya Ariana?what are you reading?" Safaa asked.

"Oh you both are awake! how was the sleep my dearies?" She asked adjusting her hijab to cover the bruises in her body.

"Yes and why are you wearing your hijab? are you going out?" Marwa asked.

"Oh it's nothing! i'm feeling a little bit cold." She said faking a smile at them to which they returned the smile with a nod.

Ariana was lost in her thoughts when Safaa and Marwa threw her a question that took her off guard.

"Ya Ariana! when is Grandpa taking us away?"

***
The next morning, Ariana woke up and did her usual routine before heading to school. Ya Khalil was back from Abuja and he was the one who took them to school today the reason why Jiddah didn't misbehaved.

Jiddah did anything she could in her power to be promoted. So immediately Alhaji Malik went and deposited some money, she was promoted to the next class.

They were now currently in their Literature class where the master was explaining the themes of Emily Bronte's 'Wuthering Heights'.

Ariana was so lost in her own world that she didn't heard the teacher directing a question at her till he came to her desk and banged his hands on the table.

"What the hell are you thinking of Ariana Malik?" He yelled grabbing the attention of all the students.

"Umm...i'm so sorry Sir." She stuttered ducking her head.

"What type of a novel is 'Wuthering Heights'?"

"It's a ghotic novel."

"Good, the major themes?" He further asked.

"There are the themes of nature and civilization, theme of love and passion, theme of masculinity and femininity, theme of class and the theme of revenge and reputation." She stated and the teacher was amazed.

"Wow!an applause for her." The teacher ordered the class and the class members clapped with the exception of Jiddah and her group members of course.

"Now that i know you're listening to what i'm explaining please stop zoning out." The teacher smiled at her.

"Okay Sir." She smiled back.

"Hypocrite." Jiddah said and hissed loudly. The teacher shot her a glare which she rolled her eyes at him.

During break time, Ariana and Asma went to their usual spot conversing when Asma let out a loud yawn making Ariana to chuckle.

"Ariana i'm hungry let's go to the cafeteria." Asma said standing up.

"Sure let's go." Ariana replied and they left to the cafeteria conversing on their way. They arrived and Asma bought her food before both settling on the tables that surrounded the cafeteria.

"Aren't you going to buy anything Ariana?" Asma asked with a raised brow earning a laugh from Ariana.

"As if i have the money to buy." She laughed covering a yawn. Asma looked at her in pity. She totally forgot the fact that Ariana doesn't bring money to school. In most cases, Asma buys for her but Ariana being Ariana always rejects it because she felt worthless and like a burden to her friend. She only accepts Asma's offer when the latter threatens to cry. The most embarrassing moment is when her pen stops and she would have to ask Asma for one.

"Oh sorry let me get one for you." Asma said and rose up but Ariana held her hands.

"No Asma please!you don't have to. I'm not hungry." Ariana gave her a tight lipped smile.

"You're lying Ariana, i'm your best friend and i can read you well you know." Asma retorted.

"Why don't you leave her then?since the bitch is not hungry?" They heard Jiddah's voice from behind. They both turned to her and saw her smirking with her group members at her back holding a tray of different varieties and snacks.

"Please Jiddah! it's none of your business. This is between me and my best friend!." Asma retorted rolling her eyes annoyingly.

"Oh sure! it's none of my business! await for your punishment at home later! Nonsense!" She looked at Ariana and hissed.

"Hungry puppy." Jiddah added and her group members laughed at Ariana before leaving. Ariana let out the tears she had been holding making Asma to engulf her in a hug.

"Oh my Ariana! Please stop crying!she's not worth your tears okay?." Asma consoled wiping Ariana's tears to which the latter nodded.

They were about to break out of the hug when Asma noticed the bruises on Ariana's body due to their close proximity. She gasped when she saw the different bruises on her friends fair skin.

"Ariana!what are these marks for?" Ariana immediately snatched her hands and looked away wiping her tears.

"It's nothing Asma,please have your food it's almost time."

"You're lying Ariana!but i won't force you to tell me okay? whenever you're ready?" She gave her a tight lipped smile.

"Thank you Asma. I love you." Ariana smiled and hugged her.

"I love you more." Asma smiled and they free from the hug. She afterwards headed back to the kitchen and bought three plates for Ariana and the twins. She sent some juniors to deliver to the twins' class while she gave Ariana her own to which the latter thanked her profusely.

The bell rang just as they were done and so they headed back to their class. During closing time, Ariana went to call Jiddah to inform her about their driver who had been waiting when she encountered something unappealing again!

Jiddah in one of the isolated buildings in the school kissing her boyfriend to the extent that they've started loosing theirselves.

"Jiddah!" She shrieked startling them. Jiddah frightened turned around and looked at her. She then glared at Ariana and furiously took her school bag before leaving.

****
"Yes Abbie! i caught her with my own two eyes kissing that boy." Jiddah said to Alhaji Malik making Ariana to gasp. Ya Allah! How evil was this girl? now she turned the whole thing at her?

Alhaji Malik moved dangerously close to Ariana making her to gulp and move back until her back reached the wall. She started shaking her head telling him Jiddah was lying.

The next thing she felt was a hard sting on her cheeks.He gave her another one, another one, another one till her cheeks turned beetroot red and have started swollen. He gave her almost ten slaps before starting to lash out a cane stick at her.

"I think you will need this more." Hajiya Nusaiba smirked handing him a more thicker stick.

To their surprise Ariana didn't cried as she used to when given lashes. So he put on all his strength and might lashing her until he got tired and stopped but there still wasn't a single tear in her eye!

"It seems she doesn't feel the cane well in her body. Let me handle her." Hajiya Nusaiba smirked and held Ariana by her hair hitting her head hard in the wall but she still didn't bulge! . She just stood still staring blankly which made them hung their mouths in surprise. How on earth could someone be given this kind of torture and not shed a single tear?.

Hajiya Nusaiba hissed and furiously left to the kitchen. She came back with a sharp knife and smirked.

She held Ariana's hands and slit the knife on her palm causing blood to start oozing out but still she didn't bulge! That made all of them to gasp.

"Alhaji i think this evil girl is possessed." She lamented looking at Ariana who was just staring at nothing. Alhaji Malik looked at his daughter as blood oozed out from her palms. Was he being fair to her or his late wife?.

Khalil came into the parlor with Safaa and Marwa in his arms giggling as they just came back from the amusement park. The three of them gasped when they saw the state she was in.

"Ya Ariana!" The twins shrieked. Khalil dropped them and hurriedly went to her.

"Ariana! what happened?." He asked as he held her hands and scanned at her body which had marks from intense beating and her cheeks swollen due to slaps. He looked at her face which was emotionless. How could someone be given this type of torture and not cry or show any sign of pain? He thought in bewilderment.

He angrily looked at his father who held the cane he lashed his sister with and his mother who had the knife she used to slit Ariana's palms.

"This is not fair! and i will never fail to tell you! what you're doing is not right!If no body will avenge for her then remember Allah will, Karma is real!" With that he held Ariana and the twins and they exited the parlor.

"Ariana please talk to me." He held her hand as he drives but she still didn't bulged! The twins also tried but all in vain. He sighed and drove fastly to the hospital.

They arrived at the nearest hospital and he held the three of them in. The nurses immediately started treating Ariana's wounds.

"How come she got this deep cut?" The nurse asked.

"It was accidental with knife." He covered up.

There is more than what just meets the eyes. The Nurse knew but decided to mind her business. She treated the wound and the marks in Ariana's body and the doctor prescribed some antibiotics for her and Khalil bought them in the hospital dispensary before they left.

"Ariana please say something." Khalil pleaded giving her his full attention. She still hasn't say a word. Khalil sighed and was about to turn the ignition when he heard her in a voice like a whisper.

"Ya Khalil i want to die." She whispered.

"Shush! never say that okay?Allah will not be pleased by your words.Everything shall pass one day In Sha Allah. I won't let anything happen to you again okay? you're my brave little girl." He hugged her wiping a lone tear that escaped his eye. Ya Allah!

"Ya Khalil.." She broke down in tears hugging him tightly like her life depended on it.

"Shush it's okay, i will always be there for you no matter what In Sha Allah." He whispered patting her back.
***
🥺

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.6K 154 18
A Story Of Love After Marriage. He's always been driven by one thing: power. From ruling over his small dominion in Rajasthan to wielding influence t...
3.1K 274 17
"I thought you loved me" i said while controlling my tears from Stroming down. "I never said that" he said blankly staring me. "Then what was those...
44.6K 6.9K 42
Being a king-That's power. Being a husband-That's love. Being a friend-That's trust. Muhammed Aleer, the sixth son of a king, fighting for his place...
671 124 19
Some decisions aren't sudden. Just like mine. Again, I glanced over at my result on the school's notice board, where it was telling me I had to repea...