Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

73. Finding Home

11.8K 588 480
By ExhaustedSoul06

Sunlight flitted in the room which was blanketed in peaceful quietness. A sense of tranquility flooded through the normally gloomy, dark room.

On the large bed, Claude sat with his back lazily slumped  against the headboard, his half-lidded eyes fixated on the softness of warm body attached to his side.

The steady rise and fall of your chest as you breathed deeply in your sleep with your face buried to his side and arm thrown over his torso while other clutched over the pillow filled him with strange serenity one he never experienced before.

A awry smirk of amusement fell on his lips. The all feared tyrant Emperor was been used as personal pillow. The sheer absurdity of the situation was ridiculous.

Shifting his position, he tilted his entire weight on his elbow planted above you as his fingertips glided down your cheek cautiously. He poked your cheek, watching as your face scrunched up in mild annoyance, swatting away his hand in daze.

Claude sighed. He knew you'd upset once you woke up from your 3 days slumber he forced you into yet again. It's not like he had choice. He clearly remembered Roman's warning.

"She needs the rest to recover her tattered mana core. It's essential since damage is already done and fully recovering is impossible without proper sleep to recuperate. More abuse of her core and she'd cough more than just blood.."

Tsk. Why was he not surprised. It seems you still retained your recklessness, risking your life for the sake of ones you cared for.

He blinked his eyes slowly, a tired gleam in his eyes. His expression was blank as the lack of proper sleep for past three 3 days reared its head. Since he put you under the sleeping spell, he had only snippets of short naps.

His insomnia was partially responsible for that. It was mainly because he was too hypersensitive to your presence on his bed. After the revelations and confession near the lake, Claude was seeing you in brand new light.

Momentarily your crying face flashed before his eyes and Claude narrowed his eyes, fingertips gliding around your eyes almost as if he could completely wipe away all remnants of tears.

It was rare for him to see you cry. Only few times in his memory had he seen you cry, it was more of few stray tears than full blown cry. You always been cheerful, bright with your jovial and mischievous personality. It didn't leave much room for tears.

But he was proven wrong. Your smiling face wasn't a given, sometimes you cried too. Your positive optimism wasn't permanent, sometimes you'd be gloomy and mopey and the jovial, cheerful persona you donned on could come crashing down and reveal the sadness and pain you hid. In short, the assumption he had, the ideal of you he subconsciously created in his mind had long shattered, leaving him with big imposing questions if he really knew anything about you.

He shifted closer to you for warmth as the coldness of the question washed over him. His exhausted mind sank deeper in musing as he reflected back on his memories with you.

The hidden place beside the lake, that's where it all begun. It was the same place that teleported him to you where he got to met you and get a glimpse of your kindness and brazen personality.

After he returned back the dreadful palace, he'd always come back to the lake again and again with curiousity and vague hope. Your unconditional kindness after all had huge impact on him who knew nothing but harshness of the broken world and cruelty of people. It was safe to say he was more than just intrigued.

Years passed and that curiousity and intrigue was buried under layers and layers of memories build of only torment and pain. He had nearly forgotten the kindness of the girl whose face was starting to blur and fade away until he met you again.

He still couldn't decide whether it was pure coincidence and fate.

Whatever might be the case, he was grateful because he had someone who accepted him, acknowledged him and cared for him with no ulterior motives.

Of course things didn't stay simple. It never did. His feelings for you started to change and evolve to something much deeper, more than simple friendship. Back then he couldn't understand. He was only afraid how fast he was getting attached to you. How each time you were away, he could only think of you. It

When he finally caught on, he never worked up the courage to act on his feelings.

He was an Outcast prince. Each day, he had to live while looking over his shoulder. He was in constant danger. One slight mistake of his part would get him murdered.

How could he bring you into his dangerous world? How could he taint your innocence, kill your purity and the bright light in your eyes with the twisted, bloodied cold world he resigned himself to. He couldn't.

So he buried it deep down. Forced it into his core and left it there to suffocate and hopefully die.

If he kept denying, denying and denying, it wouldn't became a real thing. His deep smothering feelings for you would remain nameless if he didn't acknowledged it. And he kept doing that. Each time he met you, he tried to convince himself his racing heart wasn't because of his growing feeling, no there were mere gratitude for your friendship.

Because he was painfully aware someone like him didn't deserve someone like you. Someone who was filled to brim with warmth, joy and light. There was no place in your warm world for him; someone so cold and jaded.

But his attachment and feelings were too obvious. His enemies had caught on. What he had feared came true. He unknowingly had put you in grave danger.

So he became distant. Focused his attention on Penelope to throw off your scent. He recognised the selfishness of using her to keep your safe. But he didn't care, he rather have a person he doesn't care about die then the person he love die. But he sank a little too deep into the illusion he had created to keep you safe.

He was only trying to do the right thing. So why did mistake upon mistake piled up until it exploded taking everything away from him.

When he ushered the throne,  the first thing he did was ran to find you  He had power now to protect you from any danger, provide you a future. But it was too late. You already had gone far away from him.

He held himself back from chasing after you. There was nothing grounding you to that place. It always been your dream to travel the world and get away from the rotten society. And he let you go with great pain. Because he rather have you happy away from him than miserable by his side.

Your fake corpse was only solace he could give himself. Where he could break down and mourn over his own miserable life. His loss. His idiocy.

When you came back, it was miracle to him. A blessing in disguise with hope of second chance. He so desperately tried to hold on. But it kept slipping from his fingers.

"No more." Claude mumbled. Because now no longer was his feelings one sided. You were his. He'd be damned if he let anything take you away from him.

Claude was pulled away from his thoughts when you let out a small groan and slowly stirred awake.

You sluggishly blinked your eyes open, flinched when the brightness blinded you momentarily.

"Argh.." Groaning, you hid your face to the closest thing to you.

Sleepily yawning, you took a deep breath and perked up at the intoxicating scent flooding your sensory. Curiously you nudged your face into the warm sturdiness, taking another deep breath and sighed in contentment as the same intoxicating scent flooded your nostrils.

"Hmm."

Feeling the gentle hum of warm breath near your ear, you sprang up and away with a startled squeak.

Claude raised an eyebrow, a amused glint settling in his eyes.

Your eyes had blown comically wide when you spotted Claude nonchalantly sprawled on the bed. A deep blush spread across your neck and face.

"You... wait, where am I?"

Mildly panicking, your gaze darted around and confirmed your location. You were back to Claude's room.

That's when memories hit you and realization dawned. The lake, Claude's confession and finally both of your reconciliation.

"So, uh how did I end up here?" You asked tentatively. There was awkwardness in your movements as you shuffled in your place, eyes glancing around absent-mindedly.

Everything felt surreal. Having your feelings reciprocated was something you dreamt of every waking hour and now it finally came true it still sort of felt like a dream.

"I carried you here after you passed out cold in my arms." Claude said with a hint of sarcasm, his posture was relaxed and nonchalant, eyes flickering over your face with slight glare. "Apparently from exhaustion and excessive abuse of your mana core. Since I gave several warnings and you didn't care to listen I put you under sleeping spell so you could get the rest you need."

As the air of intimidation started to seep from Claude, your smiled nervously, tad bit guilty for making him worried over you.

Claude wasn't done. He continued with a note of dry sarcasm and pure annoyance. "If you are not keen on keeping yourself alive someone has to."

Your lips tugged up into unrestrained smile as your eyes shone with love and adoration. "Heh."

"What's so funny?" Claude asked warily. The way you were looking at him so intimately, so endearingly --like he was your everything was sending a strange tingling sensation all over his body, especially his heart. It wasn't unpleasant but it was uncomfortable since it felt so foreign, so alien. He wasn't used to it.

"I love you."

Claude's eyes grew wide, his breath got stuck in his throat. Heartbeat increased to unnaturally high as the weird sensation grew stronger. It was another thing he wasn't used to.

You scratched your cheeks with a sheepish look. "Heh, it feels natural when I say it to you. Like it's meant to be. Then maybe we are meant to be. We just realized it too late. Then again it's okay. It's better late than never. Don't you think?" You looked at him expectantly, eyes shinning brightly with warm love.

The sensation grew unbearably strong and he was at loss for words to say. Though he could've said so many things, he wanted to say so many things, his mind and mouth refused to co-operate. It frustrated him that he still struggled with words. When your eyes became to drop in disappointment, he swiftly grabbed your nape and smashed his lips on yours.

There was aggression and roughness in the way he moved his lips on yours. A slight note of desperation too. Your wide eyes softened, fluttering close as you sank in the kiss. You realized it was his way of replying non-verbally to your affectionate words. It suited him, you thought as your fingers weaved through his lush golden strands.

"You love me?" You whispered, a small teasing smirk on your lips as you pulled back a inch. Claude paused staring at you blank eyed, before he swallowed hard and averted his eyes soon after.

"You know it."

Seeing his almost bashful action, you laughed. Throwing your arms around his neck, you nuzzled your cheeks against his playfully all the while cooing, "So cute!"

Claude's face turned sour and he tsked. "In no way that word could be associated with me."

"You are cute. So, so adorable." You continued, as you swayed side to side with him. "Now I know where Athy got her adorableness."

Claude was completely unimpressed. Still he didn't stop you from rocking him like a child while you snuggled closer and cooed into his ear.

"How long was I asleep?" You asked, letting out a content sigh. Your snuggled deeper into his arms. There was no awkwardness as you thought there would be. No uncomfortable feeling or long drawn silence. Being close to him felt natural, exhilarating and warm. You couldn't get enough of it.

"3 days."

"What?" Your froze, stiffy detaching yourself from him and putting a breathing space to think clearly. Did he just say days? Realising he was serious, all colour drained from your face.

Claude remained silent, watching as your expression contorted to shock to disbelief and eventually turning to panic.

"Oh God, Athy!" You shouted on horror. "Her mana! Shit shit!"

"Calm down." Claude started but you were already midway   leaping off the bed, with full intention to sprint to Ruby palace and check on Athy.

You only took a first step when your legs gave out and you crumpled to the ground with a loud yelp.

Claude facepalmed. "I told you to calm down."

You grunted in response, rubbing your sore nose and forehead. You slowly sat up, wincing when you couldn't feel your legs.

Claude walked over and wordlessly lifted you in his arms. A small squeak of surprise left you as you hastily wrapped your arms around his neck for balance. "You been asleep for days. It's no brainer you can't feel your legs."

Your cheeks puffed up indignantly. "Well, I'm sorry I wasn't thinking straight. I was too busy panicking over my  daughter's safety!"

Claude rolled his eyes. "She's fine. I kept a close eye on her. I was correct to assume the first thing you'd ask would be her. We found magician whose currently curing her."

Strong relief washed over you. "That's great news! I really thought..." You trailed off shaking off the dark thoughts.

Crazy..err Celestria was true on her words. You were thankful but still a ominous chill ran down your spine as you thought of it's price. Her parting words left you contemplating if making a deal with her was the right choice.

Come to think of it you didn't know what deal you made with her. And the words she hinted at, it was far, far worse than you thought.

At your heavy silence, Claude tightened his grip on you. His eyes were flashing dangerously. When your eyes made contact with his, a apprehensive shiver ran down your spine.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" Claude asked in deceivingly calm voice. There was no hint of emotions present on his face.

Your face twitched in afford to hide away your nervousness. "No. Why you ask?"

Claude shifted you closer until his face was directly aligned with yours while a tight lipped smirk fell on his lips. "I feel like you are hiding something from me. Something very crucial that has potential to jeopardize your life."

Your arms stiffened around his neck in involuntary response, it didn't go unnoticed by him. His lips thinned and eyes sharpened coldly in silent contemplation as he slowed his steps until stopping altogether.

Claude had stopped on the pavement connecting the two palace. The sun was bright outside with clear blue sky accentuating the lush greenery. Too bad you couldn't enjoy the nice weather.

You brainstormed yet no proper excuse came to your mind. You let out a shaky breath. "Claude.." 

You were interrupted by loud footsteps.

"Your Majesty, Princess is awake!"

You welcomed Felix's presence. Glad for distraction from the tense conversation. Looking at Claude's cold expression, he certainly thought otherwise.

"Oh, you are awake too!" Felix sighed in relief, looking unfazed at the fact Claude was carrying you in his arms if not surprised.

Your cheeks heated up. You finally realized how weird and unnatural it was for the renowned cold tyrant to be causally carrying a woman around in his arms.

You peeked at him only to see him glaring at poor Felix who was progressively growing confused. You internally sighed. You knew someday you have to tell him everything, you couldn't possibly postpone it forever.

But that someday doesn't have to be today.

Clearing your throat, you uncoiled one arm from Claude's neck to wave him with a friendly smile. "Sup, Felix! It's good to see you too. But goodness, you look like you aged 10 years in mere days!"

"And whose responsible for that?!"

You smirked. "I thought Lily was there to look after you."

Felix turned completely red, it hard to distinguish his face from his hair. He flailed his arms around as he stuttered out stupid excuses.

Meanwhile Claude stared blankly at him, raising an eyebrow he blurted out, "You have a babysitter?"

"No, silly! He has a lover." You said, poking Claude's cheek, ignoring him when he scrunched up his face in subtle annoyance. "Or should I say a potential waifu!"

You winked at Felix who looked like he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him whole.

"W-we should go see Princess. She must be waiting for us." Felix whirred around and sped walked away. You could see smoke coming off his head.

You looked after his distancing figure with a fond smile. Oh, Felix.

Claude reverted back to his emotionless demeanor and started walking. Inwardly you gulped.

Feeling the heavy silence, you started fidgeting. Your forehead rested against the crook of his neck, focusing on the calm pulse throbbing against your temple and his scent to cool down your nerves. You felt Claude squeeze you against him and you peeked up only to be startled to find him looking at you with glowing blue eyes.

You shuddered. The chill in his eyes reminded you why he was renowned as the ruthless Tyrant Emperor.

But when you looked closer, past the icy chill in his eyes, you saw fear, desperation and sheer vulnerability that was enough to make your breath hitch and heart to clench painfully.

"I love you." Claude said pensively, his piercing eyes never straying away from yours. He never said such intimate words to anyone. Those mere words held so much depth and emotion it terrified him. But now he found the person who was capable of making him say such vulnerable words, feel such vulnerable emotions even if he utterly terrified of it. "And I can't lose you."

There was no way he could revert back, take back those words, make his feelings for you disappear, erase his memories of you. There was no turning back.

He could only imagine the nightmarish hell that would follow once you disappeared from his life.

His monochrome world was finally filled with bright colours. Vivid colour. But now he could see the edges graying, dulling and going colourless. He was afraid to back to that place again. That cold empty place where he was alone, unfeeling and just breathing. Empty and hollow and just existing.

Claude closed his eyes shut, the hands that supported you trembled. He whispered in small agonizing voice, "Can I even trust our promise of Forevermore?"

The fear and uncertainty run rampant inside his conscious, tearing him apart from inside. Doubts, no matter how much he tried to repress them continued to scream, telling him not to trust, that only pain and isolation waited him in the end. That he was doomed to a empty life with no warmth.

Before those doubts and fear could tear his sanity, something quietened it down. Claude's eyes snapped open and grew wide and still. Your lips pressed against his softly, they way you tenderly cupped his face was so gentle and soothing, it made his heart flutter softly, made him sigh and close his eyes at sheer kindness and warmth in it. The love scorching through it.

"Don't be an idiot." You said into the kiss, the fire in your eyes blazed higher yet held a softness to them. "I love you forever and more. I will love you till the end of time. For eternity and eternally. There's no way you're getting rid of me."

You fingertips caressed his cheeks delicately, forehead connected as each breath you took mingled with his. "Don't you dare doubt my love. Whatever fear you have of me leaving, get rid of it. Because now I finally have you, I'm not going lose you. I will fight for us, for our love. Our Forevermore. Even if you don't."

"I will tell everything." You swallowed thickly. "Just...not now. I don't have the courage or strength for that yet. But I'm not leaving you. I need you to trust me on this."

In silence Claude intently stared at you before he relented and said softly, "Okay."

You perked up in slight disbelief at his quick agreement. "Okay?"

"I trust you."

You were breathless at the softness of his eyes and the slight genuine curl of his lips. He was beautiful beyond words. Ethereal and glowing beautifully in a way that was sublime.

Softly placing a tender kiss on his lips, you said, "I promise I won't ever break your trust."

Everything was silent as if time itself has frozen over. The world melted away for just for you. You were both captured into tiny bubble of your own. Vulnerable and naked. Open and raw.

"Now let's go. I want to see Athy!" And with your rambunctious shout, you broke the bubble and subsequently ruined the mood.

Claude grunted. You smiled cheekily and boinked his nose. "C'mon, we got forever to spent our time together. For now let me see Athy."

"Tch."

You were quite offended but kept in your protest when he teleported you both to Athy's bedroom. Tears sprang in your eyes when you saw her awake and healthy, smiling her usual bright smile.

"(Y/n)!" Athy shouted in pure delight.

You urged Claude to put you down. He hesitated for few seconds but ultimately let you down, his magic healing the numbness in your legs.

You almost fell over trying to catch Athy whose legs buckled midrun. Claude with his quick reflex caught her instinctively, gingerly picking her up while looking awkward.

With a teary smile, you hugged Athy while she was in Claude's arms and Claude put his arm around you when you started shaking and softly crying in relief and happiness.

Claude shifted awkwardly but kept his arms around you and Athy, while you both hugged each other and snuggled into his broad chest.

"Quit crying. You both are soaking my robe." Claude said sarcastically, maneuvering Athy in one arm and supporting with other. Taking no offense, Athy and you laughed.

"I missed you, Papa!" Athy said, hugging his neck with her tiny arms. You snorted at his awkward expression and he shot his a warning look which made you laugh out loud.

Ah, I'm finally home with my family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.9K 39
Everyone thought the first princess died on the guillotine. But in fact, she fooled them all. Now living happily with her husband and three kids, wha...
4.1K 187 9
athanasia who has been in a loop of her life, dying and being reborn again and again because of her family, with finally catching a small break by be...
6.4K 207 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...
49.9K 1.5K 11
What if Athanasia from "Lovely Princess" didn't die? (The original novel by Plutus and webcomic by Spoon do not belong to me. Also, please be aware...