My Only Redemption ✔ī¸ [COMPLE...

By ShaneekaBarnett02

(But not everyone recognizes love when it hits them...And then it happens) He hovered above me, his kisses me... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 52

57 16 64
By ShaneekaBarnett02

Serenity

The family reunion was successful, everyone enjoyed what had been prepared both fine dining and entertainment. The area slowly takes on a scanty
look as they were preparing to leave. I'm very thankful that it had turned out well.

I'm swirling around a beautiful ballroom in the arms of a wonderful man. He expertly guides me through one complex dance pattern after another, perfectly matched to the music playing in the background.

The rhythm changed suddenly, he grabs my hand firmly as we began to waltz. I laughed so loudly, my pores bursting with energy.

Spinning in circles, we shuffled our feet to the beat of the music. It was paradise but even more so when we gazed at each other.

His eyes played a delicate game of limbo between brown and blue, but less blue pigment. They were more of a warm chocolate colour, my knees buckled and a quiver shook my lower lip, such an exquisite Hazel blend

I saw in them, what I had been running from my whole life.

He narrowed his eyes slightly and let out a small chuckle, he leans down to kiss me, just a small peck, that peck was enough to take my breath away. It stringed my nerves along with each touch of his hand.

He pulled his face away from mine and the pace of the music changed, our feet quicken and it was hard to keep up with his movement. My dress was getting in the way and my heels making each turn clumsy.

Or maybe because I was with him, that was making me clumsy.

He noticed my discomfort and changed his stance for my sake, his grip on my hand tightened and he gave it a comforting squeeze, my heart skipped a beat.

A very slow song came on, Jax - like my father and my eyes become bleary with tears, it was one of my favorite. He smiles at slightly, seeing my reaction and pulled my body closer to his, of course I would have done this willingly. I could feel my cheeks burning, his smile grew wider.

We danced together, our bodies close, hand in hand. I couldn't ask for anything more. I was with the man I loved, I've always loved him. It felt like the song lasted forever, yet I never tire. The music slowly went slower, the lights slowly fading.

He wraps his arms even closer around my waist, holding me. His kind smiling face met mine and I felt his sweet warm breath on my face, our lips met and we kissed. After what feels like eternity in his embrace, he pulls away and whispered.

"If there weren't any one around, I'd take you up against the wall."

I gasp, blushing hard.

"You most certainly will not!"

But then his expression drops and he seems really worried.

"I .. I did not mean to --"

"No," he sighs deeply, "your mother hates me."

He sits and I did so as well. My mother has been behaving terribly towards him and it's really upsetting. I gently took hold of his hand and he brought mine to his mouth, pressing his lips there.

My voice barely came across, "Stravos."

He sweeps his eyes to me, the knowledge of that makes him very uneasy. He rakes his whole five fingers through the untidy strands of his hair.

I'm the one he's getting married to and to know his mother in law hated his guts, naturally, will cause discomfort.

"She prefers Glenn over me."

"That is rubbish! I do not want to be with him, why is it so hard for her to see that?"

He takes both of my hands in his and he looks directly in my eyes, the worry there a moment ago fades away and I saw nothing but sincere love.

We've been through so much together and he has never once complained or mentioned anything about leaving my side.

"I might not be wealthy with a big company ..or own fancy cars."

He brushed his fingers over mine creating something hot in the midst of our presence.

"But I promise to love and take care of you at the best of my ability."

He caught a straying tear on his thumb but I completely broke down, rubbing my eyes.

"We can make a chocolate baby," he grins and I burst out laughing.

"I don't think so!"

My mother was walking towards us with fire in her eyes and a dragon's aura issued forth from her. The red dress she had on and the green like scales brought that idea to life as she neared us.

I stood to my feet, clenching my teeth with a defiant glare.

"I am sick of you trying to control my life -"

"Enough! I am your mother, Serenity Ashleigh Gallon!"

I growl.

"It will be Mrs. Serenity Elios very soon."

She gasp as if I'd slapped her in the face with dirt.

A scream came out.

"It will not happen!"

The place was completely empty so only us remained.

"You are of noble origins and I will NOT let you marry a peasant."

"You speak nonsense and don't you dare call the man I am going to marry a peasant!"

She laughs me to scorn.

"I was happy when Glenn came into your life, I thought it to be a miracle because the Giornno's and the Pensborough family are both powerful, having a long history of contact."

Pensborough, that was my mother's surname before she got married.

Stravos speaks up.

"You're consumed with greed Jillan, you lied to me about Serenity's accident six years ago."

I saw him shaking with sorrow and I tug the swollen flesh on my lower lip.

"I did it to protect her --"

"To protect the status and wealth of the Pensborough family!"

She tugs at her hair then pointed an accusing finger at him.

"YOU, Serenity was only thirteen years of age and you were so into her, nothing but a pervert!"

I could see him getting ready to explode but her words bruised him deeply, it wounded him.

"That is a lie and you know it! I have never made any form of physical contact with her."

He hits the table with both hands, his voice breaking.

"I've only helped, encouraged and guided her through her depression Jillan! You didn't even know she was suffering.."

I walked towards him, wanting to ease his pain but he stopped me.

"It's alright. I'm alright."

Mother glared a storm of daggers at him as he speaks.

"I knew she was underaged and very young," he wiped at his eyes, "And I was an adult preparing to study law, she confessed her feelings to me.."

I slumped on the floor, crying.

"I was shocked but I also saw that she really loved me, I never wanted to break her heart."

He rubbed his nostrils since he was sobbing heavily.

"She was not at an age of consent so I promised that I'd wait for her .. wait patiently until she gets older."

"I do not care Stravos. You will not marry my daughter to brain wash her."

I couldn't take this anymore, my mother was ruining my life.

"YOU brain washed her, by keeping her lost memories away."

He walks to her and she stared up at him.

"Have you any idea how much pain that caused me and how that had affected Serenity?"

She remained silent.

Stravos touched his chest.

"I cried for years because you told me she didn't want to see me again, you are willing to mess with your daughter's memories for your own gain."

His body was ready to crumble before my very eyes, "memories are precious, when they are lost, it takes away a part of you."

He gave her a soft smile, his eyes were full of sadness, leaving a permanent scar but a healing one. He glanced at me tenderly.

"I'll be outside Serenity."

I watched him leave and I wanted to stop him but he needed sometime alone, my heart was aching, Stravos..

My mother touched my shoulder.

"Do not touch me!"

She moves away and laughed like it was a joke.

"You silly girl."

"I do not care if I'm of noble origins. I love Stravos and you will not stop me from being with him."

"Break up with him, if you don't, I will do everything in my power to stop that marriage. Good bye."

She leaves me there in utter shock, tears washing down my face. I'm not breaking up with the man I love. I can't..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 24.5K 43
"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunned, he paces around for a few minutes "I...
660K 15.7K 61
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...
3.5K 36 28
**MATURE CONTENT** He had me by the hair, body taut in his other arm. I was so wet and even though the desk grazed my lower back. He looked me dead i...
1.3M 23.7K 74
------------------------------------------------------------ I jumped a little at the feel of his cold rings, "How do you think Nathan would feel," h...