Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

69. Fleeting Happiness

9.6K 540 318
By ExhaustedSoul06

"Handshake, Raven!" Athy giggled, holding out her tiny right. She sat on the carpet infront of the fireplace, looking with bright expectant eyes at Raven. Raven immediately outstretched his tiny paw out, letting out a cute 'woof'

"Good boy!"

You smiled fondly beside her, giving her a thumbs up for her victory. Before you turned your attention to Ether and glared at him.

Somehow while playing with Raven who apparently got attached to you real fast, Athy came up with this idea to train them. Hyped, you quickly joined in on the fun.

Raven was easy to train. Bribe him with chocolate and he'd listened to every instructions. Ether on other hand....

"Urgh! C'mon, Ether put your hand out!" You groaned, shaking your outstretched hand. Ether blankly stared, not moving.

Taking a forced breath, you put on a strained smile. "C'mon, I'd give you chocolate. Your favourite ones! Here, hand shake."

Ether tilted his head and you looked at him with eagerly eyes shining with expectancy only to sigh in disappointment when he turn his back on you and shooshed his tails in disinterest.

"Ugh, stupid Ether." You grabbed him by his scruff, annoyed. "I'm going to give all your favourite chocolate to Raven!"

Ether struggled, flailing his claws threateningly as he let out protesting growls. You just sighed again, shaking your head at him.

Athy giggled at your disheartened expression while Raven made excited noises at the prospect of more chocolates.

Felix watching the whole ordeal chuckled. "I think you're treating him too much like Raven, (Y/n)."

"What's wrong with that?" You asked and Ether glared, flashing his claws as his ears twitched upward. "See! My troublesome cat needs discipline. Look at Raven! He never causes trouble for Athy!"

"That's because Raven is a good boy!" Athy exclaimed, cradling Raven. "Isn't that right, Raven?!"

"Woof!"

You poked your pouting cat's cheek. "Why can't you be a good boy, huh?"

Ether whimpered, ears drooping as his big heterochromic eyes blinked sadly.

"Aww, you made him sad, (Y/n)!" Athy said, lightly smacking your arms to emphasize her point.

"Athy, sweetheart, don't fall for his tricks!" You deadpanned, looking pointed at your cat. "You can't guilt trap me with my own tricks, Ether."

Ether immediately grumpily hissed at you and you laughed, scratching his ears as a apology, eliciting soft purrs as he melted into your touch.

"Ether is just like you, (Y/n)!" Athy said, a big smile on her face.

"Eh?" You pulled a face, looking closely at your cat. "Since when I was troublemaker, Athy? You hurt me, sweetheart!" You pinched her cheeks and she let out muffled, "But you are!"

Felix standing guard as always smiled watching both of you interact in such affectionate way.

"Princess, it's about time you go visit His Majesty." Felix said with his usual bright face.

You stopped pinching Athy's cheeks and froze with a stiff smile as your cheeks heated up. A certain area on your left cheek tingled as the reminder of the night few days ago.

Damn you, Felix.

You weren't ready to see Claude again, not without being reminded of the rare once-a-blue-moon smile you saw. The highlight of the night.

Thankfully nobody noticed your sudden quietness as you slowly sank in your flustered thoughts.

Athy rubbed her abused cheeks once you released her, and pouted at Felix like she was upset with him for the suggestion.

"Sir Felix is right." Lily added, having arrived on time to hear Felix's remark. "It's been awhile since you went to see his Majesty. Let's get you ready, your Highness."

Lily with change of clothes on ready quickly ushered Athy to change.

As they left, you let out a whistle, a cheeky grin curling up your lips as you looked knowingly at Felix.

Time to make him pay.

"Mutual agreement, huh?" You teased. Your smile widened as Felix flushed the same colour as his hair. "When are you going to ask her out, Felix?"

"(Y/n)!!"

You cackled as he shouted, face flaming red. He straighten up, shooting you one last helpless look when Lily and Athy arrived.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked confused before her worried gaze fell on Felix. Felix forced a strained smile, cheeks still red while you snickered at his expense. "Sir Felix, are you alright? You look red."

"Don't worry, Lily." You started. Felix paled with a pleadingly look on face as you waved your hand in careless manner, a lazy smirk on your face. "Felix is just being shy."

"Shy...?" Lily said looking more confused than ever.

"W-we should go." Felix picked up Athy and hurriedly bowed to Lily before speed walking away.

You snorted before running to catch up with him, leaving behind a very confused Lily.

All the way to the main Palace, you continued to tease him while he tried to keep his embrassment in check all the while ignoring you. Athy looked at bit annoyed at being left out but she didn't protest when you winked at her with a mysterious smirk.

Once reaching inside the throne room, you awkwardly rubbed your neck, eyes  downcast as Athy jumped from Felix's arms and cheerfully smiled at Claude. 

"Daddy!" Athy chirped her eyes shooting million stars. "I missed you!"

Claude merely stared at her, sharing none of her enthusiasm. Athy undeterred by his dry attitude continued to smile brightly.

"...."

Unable to bear the deafening silence, you glanced up. Claude half-lidded gaze blinked lazily, expression bored and zoned out.

You tilted your head in confusion. He looked so out of it, almost as if he hadn't slept for a long time. Maybe he didn't.

You found yourself focusing on his lips. The same lips that had curled up to a smile. A smile that kept playing on your mind endlessly.

Unfortunately his expression was back to being stoic, borderline apathetic. It almost seems like that smile you saw was nothing but a mere illusion on your part.

You subconsciously frowned. Claude blinked back to attention, finally registering presence of others. He cocked a eyebrow in question when you continued to frown at him without realizing it.

Your laser focus didn't waver from his lips as you contemplated if you had really hallucinated the whole him smiling thing.

Your finger coursed over your left cheek, evidently you still felt the remnant sensation of his lips. It couldn't be a dream. You frown harder, downright glaring at his lips that seem to be the culprit of your turmoil.

Felix nudged you to snap back to senses while he simultaneously addressed Claude.

"Your majesty, today's weather is nice. How about going for a walk?" Felix suggested.

"A walk. That doesn't sound bad." Claude said, though his reply was meant for Felix his gaze remained on you, with a intensity to let you know that he noticed your focus in him.

Your cheeks flushed a light shade of pink, as you belatedly realized you been staring at him intently, his lips in particular. You avoided his intense probing  gaze while scolding yourself internally.

Claude got up from his throne and walked down the steps. The elegance and dominance with which he walked made you annoyed. Because it made all your half-hearted resistance against him even more futile.

You grumbled under your breath.

Claude paused in his tracks when Athy tugged on his robes.

"What is it?"

Athy looked up and let out a startled squeak at seeing Claude instead of Felix.

Very unhelpful to her new predicament Felix added, "She's asking you to pick her up, your Majesty."

"Felix, I don't think so." You said but you were ignored.

"Pick her up?" Claude repeated like the notion was alien to him.

Felix nodded happily.

Athy shook her head. "No, no. I just saw something on daddy's clothes.. Gahhh!"

Claude picked her by ribbon letting out a tsk as she flailed around.

"Hold still. You are heavy enough as it is."

You panicked as Athy continued to flail her hands around with distressed expression.

You gaped at him in disbelief. Has this guy never held a child?!

"What do you think you are doing?!" You shouted while smacking his arm. "She's not a sack of potatoes! Carry her properly!"

Claude stared at you and with enough sarcasm that you absolutely didn't miss, he said. "I'm carrying her."

"No, you aren't!" You shouted.

Felix took the opening to grab Athy and carry her properly. Athy exhaled in relief.

"See. That's how you do it." You huffed, pointing to Felix as he demonstrated how to carry her properly to Claude who stared back blankly.

Leaving Claude side you went to stand beside Felix. You were impressed by the expert way Felix carried Athy, something you took for granted. Only now you realized Felix natural skill in carrying a child when compared to Claude's ridiculous grab. It had taken you a while to grasp how to carry Athy properly while Felix didn't need any training.

"Athy wants to Felix to carry her!" Athy said, hugging Felix. She must have realized Felix was only her safe option, after you. She definitely didn't want to be dangled in hands of her incompetent father.

"Whoa, Felix you are natural at it." You said sincerely. "Even Athy agrees!"

Felix smiled bashfully while Athy nodded vigorously.

You smirked then, elbowing him. "Hehe, it makes me wonder how well you'd handle your children."

"(Y/n)!!" Felix shouted blushing hard as his eyes widened in shock. You laughed making him even more embrassed.

Claude narrowed his eyes, annoyance flashing over his face as you happily teased Felix who shrank back in embrassment and protested weakly.

"I'll carry her."

"Eh?" Your teasing smile faded as you turned to Claude with a blank look.

"You made it sound complicated. But it looks easy enough." Claude gestured Felix to pass Athy to him.

Athy tightened her hold on Felix's neck, opening her mouth to refuse. "But Athy..."

"So you don't want to be carried by me?" Claude's eyes flashed dangerously.

You almost facepalmed at his pettiness. You had spent enough time with Claude to know he was feeling competitive with Felix.

You rolled your eyes as Athy reached out for Claude with a suspiciously scared sounding giggle.

Claude shifted Athy to comfortably carry her and turned to you. You were taken back by his expectant eyes.

D-Does he want me to compliment him?

Your eyebrows twitched in exasperation at his competitive nature before you sighed and gave in.

Although you wanted to compliment him, you struggled to find the appropriate praise. "G-Good job. You're a fast learner."

It sounded so lame to you own ears. You weren't surprised when Claude looked annoyed and dissatisfied.

He made it clear by throwing you annoyed glare which you avoided with a sheepish look.

It wasn't your fault you couldn't come up with something more nice at his out of nowhere silent expectation.

Claude scoffed and started walking while you followed behind along with Felix. A small smile tugged at your lips as you stared at the back of his head and Athy.

In past life, Athanasia struggled so much to gain his attention but failed miserably, suffering till the very end. Your heart ached for that Athanasia.

But look at him now. He was willingly carrying Athy with such care. He was no longer the indifferent, cold and cruel person to her till the bitter end. Things have changed. Even Athy was no longer her past shy, timid self who rarely smiled. She was bright, happy, smiling more openly.

You couldn't ask for more.

It brought great solace to your battered mind and heart. This small, fleeting beautiful moments might be insignificant to others but for you it held greater value. The beautiful moments where Claude and Athy were at peace, content and happy filled you with joy and appreciation. It made all the anguish and loneliness you felt worth it. Giving your return a purpose and reward.

Though as you stared at them you felt a tad lonely.  The distance between you and them felt worlds apart.

"Surprising, isn't it?" Felix said his voice a soft hush, the words only meant for you. His expression mirrored yours; softened face with gentle fond smile on your lips as eyes gazed at them affectionately.

"Yeah," You said, quietly agreeing with him. He looked just as happy and relieved as you were. Maybe for different reason than you but nevertheless you understood his sentiments. You smiled, eyes softly staring at the back of Claude. "I think I can get used to it."

"Mhm." He smiled in agreement. You beamed at him. Even Felix's happiness made you happy. Because you cared for him just as much as Athy and Claude.

"(Y/n)."

You jumped at the sharp, annoyed voice.

"Don't walk behind me, walk beside me."

You blinked. For a moment you could only hear the rustling of the leaves, the whistling of the wind blowing by as time seem to slow down to let you process his words.

Claude looked over his shoulder, steps slowing down, wordlessly waiting for you to catch up with him. Your heart quickened as your gaze locked with his, you couldn't move from the shock.

"Walk along with me." Claude said, completely coming to a pause. Athy peered at him with suspicious eyes but you didn't notice. More like you couldn't since his blue eyes staring at you had you captivated, frozen unable to look away.

"Go. That's where you belong. With them." Felix said softly and gave you a encouraging push on your back with, you glanced at him, heart fluttering at his words before slowly, holding your breath you walked to Claude.

Once you reached them, Athy smiled, waving her hand all too welcoming of your presence. Claude's silent gaze made you fidget in nervously, unable to meet his eyes.

You felt little bit like a intruder.  Like a stain that didn't belong to a picture frame that was whole, you could almost see the smiling silhouette of Diana with them, completing the picture. A family picture that looked perfect beautifully whole, without you.

It made you sad. Made you feel isolated, lonely but it didn't bury the happiness you had for them. You found solace with their happiness, even if you were left out. Maybe you'd find your peace in that too.

"Good." Claude said, his voice was a tad bit softer than his usually cold monotonous voice. You absent-mindedly listened to him without looking up. "Don't make me repeat myself again. Walk alongside with me, not behind where I can't see you."

Your head snapped up, eyes wide in surprise. Your lower lips started to shake. Wobbling a way to showcase the emotion- the warmth running wide inside you.

"Papa is right! (Y/n) should walk with us!" Athy said, her bright smile piercing through your insecurities. "It's no fun without you."

You closed your eyes briefly, opening them to show the bright shine- the love and care in them as a slow smile lit up your face. "I'll keep that in mind."

Maybe that perfect picture frame still had a empty space for another. A place reserved for you. Maybe you did have a place where you belong.

"Don't keep it in mind, drill it through your skull." Claude said, flicking your forehead. "So I don't have to waste my breath reminding you again."

You recoiled, hands reaching up to cradle your forehead. "Ow..."

Claude rolled his eyes, shifted to support Athy with one hand. You were confused until you felt the back of his hand brushing against yours, intentionally. He waited till you took a step in sync with his and resumed the walk. You walked beside him, rubbing the sore yet warm area on your forehead with one hand while other one dangled by your side, continued to brush against his bigger ones, just shy away from interlacing. You bit your lips to stop the wide smile from breaking out on your face. It might freak them out if you suddenly started smiling like a clown.

"Your majesty, may I come closer too?" Felix asked hopefully, way far away from you.

To which Claude ruthlessly replied, "Take another 10 steps back."

Felix whimpering like a punished puppy took a another 10 step back, gloomy clouds overcoming his expression.

"Aww, let him come closer." You said, your steps matching up his. You had a feeling he was purposely slowing his pace so you could keep up with him. Your cheeks warmed up, eyes softened as you took in his side profile.

"No." Claude said, side glancing at you.

"Hmph!" You pouted, glaring at him playfully. You were too happy to be mad at him. "C'mon don't be like that. Felix must be feeling lonely all by himself."

Unfazed Claude said indifferently,  "Not my problem. If be feels lonely, he shouldn't have--"

Smack!

"Hic!" Athy's wide trembling eyes stared at Claude as her tiny hand was still pressed on his cheek she just slapped.

"Pfft--" You immediately bit your knuckles to stop yourself from bursting out in laughter.

Claude's face was priceless.

"A b-bug!" Athy shouted desperately, scared out of her mind. "I was smashing a bug!"

"Are you calling me a bug?"

"No!" Athy cried out. "Daddy's face had a bug!"

You snickered loudly, unable to keep it in even when Claude glared at you.

Felix looked rather entertained as he suggested, "How about princess blow on his majesty's cheeks, wouldn't that make it better?"

Athy was frozen, too terrified to even more a muscle. Gathering her wits, she begrudgingly blew on Claude's cheek.

You huffed out a humourous breath, feeling a bit sorry for Athy.

Claude shot you a scolding glare. "It's your fault."

"What?" You were baffled.

"When you saw her struggling with a bug why didn't you help her? You could've clearly prevented it." Claude said, almost accusingly, the glint in his eyes telling otherwise. "Shouldn't you be the one blowing the bruise you indirectly caused?"

You blinked once. Twice. Blinking some more before you pointed a finger at yourself in incredulous and said, "You want me to blow on your cheek?"

"Mhm." Claude had the nerve to lean down to present his bruised cheek.

You stared at him and his barely suppressed smirk before you could stop yourself, you tiptoed and pressed a soft kiss on his bruised cheek.

You felt him tense up under your lips and you smiled. It's wasn't just a mere kiss. Through the kiss you communicated your gratitude, you appreciation. How thankful you were to him for accepting Athy, accepting you. Making both of you happy.

You closed your eyes savouring the moment before you pulled away.

His expression was wiped off any emotions as he simply stared at you blankly.

"There you go, big baby I kissed it better." You breathed out softly, eyes gentle as you smiled at his stiffen face. There visible shock in his eyes as he looked rigidly at you.

The only one smiling was Felix. He looked way too happy, almost proud. He slowed his pace, keeping his distance as not to disturb you both.

You took shell shocked Athy from him and pecked her forehead as well, happily skipping to the table arranged unde the shade of the tree.

Though you were acting like it was nothing, your heart was hammering so hard your ears rang as blood rushed to your cheeks. Even you were shocked at your impulsive bold move. But...

Looking over your shoulder at frozen Claude, you smirked. You didn't regret one bit.

You careful seated Athy and took a seat yourself and smiled serenely as she gaped at you.

"Here, eat up Athy!" You pushed her favourite cake towards her. With a little hesitation and disbelief lining up her face, she smiled and starting eating the cake, throwing you glances inbetween.

Claude finally made his way to you and took a seat himself. He side-stared at you, slightly dazed. You didn't mind his intense gaze on you, smiling without a care. That seems to irritate Claude as he took a large sip of Lippe tea.

There was peaceful silence as Athy gobbled down the cake and was drinking her chocolate milk. She looked spaced out as she sank in some deep thought.

"Why?" Claude so close to your ear made you jump. Claude somehow without your awareness had moved himself closer to you and was glaring at you, looking very much ticked off.

He was so close, all you could do was focus on the beautiful hue of his eyes. The way his perfect brows were furrowed, his soft lips curled up in small frown, doing nothing to hide his handsome features.

It made you smile how grumpy he looked even his infamous glare that no longer scared you.

"I couldn't help myself. I just - out of nowhere I had this sudden impulse to kiss you. I was happy, excited and kinda of giddy too. I wanted you to know so I.." You whispered, words rushing out without much coherency. There was relief in your voice as well as a happy note. You weren't forcing any of it. It was real. The relief and absence of your suffering was real. "I end up kissing you on the cheek...." You trailed off, shyness overcoming you.

Claude pulled back, face unreadable, only the gleam in his giving away his surprise. For few seconds he only stared, the silence of his gaze speaking hundreds of emotions. Slowly he took a deep breath, lips thinning as he swallowed hard before forcefully he said through clenched teeth. "You...You can't say something like that and don't expect me to..." He stopped, mumbling a curse under his breath, avoiding your gaze, rubbing the back of his neck.

You were honestly confused. Did you say something wrong? He looked  upset -at least on the surface but you didn't know what emotions he was feeling beneath his aloof mask. It was hard to tell.

The sound of coughing distracted you. Time slowed down as you turn to Athy.

The next moment your happiness crumbled away as red coloured your vision.

The blood dripping form Athy's mouth, staining her dress and the table was enough to freeze you in terror. A mind numbing terror that rendered you unable to move.

As you shot up from your seat,  a thought flashed across your panicked, petrified mind.

Is it my punishment for indulging in happiness and taking something that wasn't mine? Was I wrong in thinking I'd be happy?

"ATHY!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 291 11
Claude only had one wish, save Diana from her fate, love her properly the way he couldn't in her short life, and create a family with her, with their...
28.2K 985 20
(WARNING! I have the most random update schedule so and I haven't updated this in ages 🦡) Amar de Alger Obelia was a treasured Crown Prince, loved b...
6.5K 209 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...
96.3K 2.5K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...