My Only Redemption ✔️ [COMPLE...

By ShaneekaBarnett02

(But not everyone recognizes love when it hits them...And then it happens) He hovered above me, his kisses me... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 21

80 25 61
By ShaneekaBarnett02

Glenn

I held Serenity, struggling to control the quivering of my limbs, she was barely breathing, clutching onto me as I pressed my ripped shirt over her open wound.

"Stay with me, everything is going to be okay."

There's not much time, I needed to get her to an hospital fast. My chest pains were getting worse and I started to develop tunnel vision. Luigi treks slowly through the sand towards me.

"I need to get Serenity to an hospital, someone shot her out of the blue. The helicopter in the warehouse, we'll use that."

I carefully took her up in my arms, now bare - back since it was my shirt that I used to cover her injury.

Someone on this island is trying to kill her. This place was no longer safe for her, when I get my hands on whoever did this, they'll see a different side of me.

"The nearest hospital is miles away from the island, she won't make it."

He spoke too quickly, holding the back of his neck with both hands. Luigi didn't seem too concerned about the fact that Serenity was losing blood rapidly, he's the only one who knew how to fly the helicopter.

My voice came out raw with anger.

"Luigi, I am going to ask you one more time, take me to the helicopter now."

A sickening wave of suspension started welling up in my belly, smelling gunpowder on his clothes and he reaches inside the pocket of his jacket.

"Luigi -- it was you."

There was a horrid sensation of a million ants, crawling up my back. My father and Vincenzo were already outside, wondering what the commotion was about.

"I trusted you with my life!" I blast fire from my mouth onto his face and he got a swift shot to the leg.

He cries out in pain, bending at the knee and he gets another one to the shoulder. I saw Vangolio approaching me with his gun in defense.

"I can't believe he shot her, I saw him do it."

He said, pointing his weapon at Luigi but I stopped him before he could finish him off.

"Let him live."

Vangolio had a look of agony on his face, staring at his partner with disappointed.

"Boss, let's move, Serenity is getting unconscious. I'll explain everything to you on the helicopter." he urges me.

Luigi was face down against the sand, unmoving.

I didn't know Vangolio could fly an helicopter since I've never seen him do it.

My father instructed two armed men to take Luigi away and they did so very roughly.

Serenity was going into shock.

My pulse roars and the small hairs across my body stood on end. The color drains from her skin, leaving no trace of blood blow.

She's dying. God, please..

I can't lose her. I won't be able to survive, my future was getting dark and it's happening in seconds. I need her to live, she's the only one who can bear my offspring as I see fit.

Vangolio was making a call.

"Guilia! I need your help, you're still on the island right?"

He's talking to his sister but how will she help us?

"I should take her to the guest house on the east wing? Thank you sis, this means a lot."

He ends the call with a glimmer of hope in his eyes, the gentlest I've ever seen. Vangolio had a soft spot for Serenity, he's never like this to anyone I know.

I strut off behind him, taking urgent steps.

"My sister is a doctor, she also specializes in herbs other than pills and stuff."

He explains as we both panted. I had no idea Guilia was a doctor but that's understandable since he doesn't talk much about his family.

When we arrive at the guest house, she came out to meet us.

"Come! Take her to this room -- quickly," she orders us both.

My breathing grew thin and ragged, taking instructions from her as I laid Serenity on a bed.

Guilia pulls on disposable gloves and tells us to leave the room. I gave her a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

She shuts the door.

I was trying my best not to go into panic but it isn't working, my lungs felt punctured.

"She'll be okay, trust me."

Vangolio squeezed my shoulder but I just couldn't relax. If anything happens to her, my life would be meaningless.

I won't be able to live without her precious smile, the way she'd sing to cheer me up on a bad day, she sounds exactly like a Disney princess when she sings.

I would always let her win an arm wrestle whenever she challenges me. God, please -- I'm begging you, let her live.

I never knew the meaning of the smallest things in life until I met her, my Serenity, my tranquil bud that bears so much fruit when I watered her with every care I had in me.

Hard knots constricted my throat and tears brought me to grief.

"Boss, you have to be strong." he tries to comfort me, "I'm not usually this mushy, so please, don't let me beg."

I couldn't help but laugh because it was true.

She was my strength and I had to be strong for her.

"I saw Luigi leaving the secret location where Angie was locked away so I figured she had something to do with what happened."

Vangolio sighs, staring at the ceiling as if he couldn't it believe himself.

I need to put a stop to Angie's antics! I had a lot anger issues for a long time but it dimished overtime because Serenity helped me. I've fought teachers and students in high school because of my dirty attitude.

She saw that filthy side of me and shew no scorn or contempt, her patience exceeded my expectations. I've never met anyone so tender as her.

"This has to stop!"

I can't believe Angie would try to kill Serenity. I'm certain she was behind this, Luigi isn't to type to harm others.

She must have manipulated him in some way.

But what drove him to such extreme lengths?

We were waiting for almost three hours. I kept on pacing back and forth, worried sick. Vangolio had fallen asleep, even snoring.

Unbelievable. How can he sleep at a time like this? My watch was tired of my constant reading.

Serenity

I woke up suddenly, without any noise or interruption but because a sharp pain was stabbing into my side.

My eyes take in every ray of light and without a doubt, I knew that I've slept too long.

As if God graffitied the sky, a flame came across the evening sky and the sunset came in its boldest blaze.

I stared steadily towards the horizon, face aglow with the last orange rays before twilight beckons the stars. I remembered getting shot out of no where but everything after, was merely a thick fog, my mind went cloudy when I fainted.

"You're awake."

A feminine voice discharged across the room and I snap my head around. A strange woman dressed in a full white coat came up to me, smiling with nothing but relief.

"Can I get a chicken wings?"

I inquired, my stomach was empty.

When I'm hungry, I can't think of anything else but food.

"Of course, you're one lucky girl, took me hell to get that bullet out of your side without damaging any blood vessels."

She touches my forehead.

"Good, your temperature is normal. I had to work fast since you were losing so much blood."

She's the one that helped me but I've never seen her before.

"I'll be prescribing some medication to prevent the spread of any infection," she was writing something down on a clipboard, "No worries since your body will heal itself."

Bursting with curiosity, I asked.

"Who are you?"

She gave me a glass of room temperature water.

"Drink, you need to be rehydrated so your organs can get to work. Oh, you're asking who I am,"

She replied, gliding to a desk in the corner with a chair on wheels.

"I am Guilia, Vangolio's older sister."

"Oh my God!"

I didn't know he had a sister who's a doctor and she's so nice too.

Her lips form a rowdy smirk and she removed the coat.

"Why are you so surprised? Well, I don't blame you love, my brother doesn't speak much of me."

She was so slender, with long legs and a tiny waist, she's however taller than. Her dyed blue hair was in a messy pony tail but to me, it matched her appearance perfectly. I slowly drank some of the water, the cool liquid flushed pass my patched throat.

"Glenn was the one who took you here." she says lifting a bottle of scotch to her mouth.

My cheeks burn at the mention of his name.

"You know, he's the mafia heir to the Giornno familia," she spins on the chair, nibbling on her pen.

She looks at me with unwavering attention and I pursed my lips slightly since they were losing moisture. I sort of knew though it was only a hunch, that made me sad even more because we were worlds apart.

And getting rejected by my first choice college, came as a blow. That destroyed the foundation that I tried to so hard to build.

I just wanted to be at his side to be of some support to him but I can't even support myself, maybe I'm not good enough as his father said.

She glanced right and left before getting her question out to me.

"How do you feel about that Serenity?"

My mouth opened then closed without making a sound and I swallowed the tears that escaped my throat.

"..I just want to be with him. I am so close yet so far away. I just cannot reach him, no matter how hard I try."

"You have to be more confident in yourself, you need to be strong. He needs your strength." she beckons, swiping at a stray tear.

I nod, trying to ignore the stinging pain in my side, it was very sore.

"You should lay down, don't push it, you're still recovering." she fluffs my pillow and I carefully rest my head upon it.

"I'll let Glenn know that you're awake, he's been pacing for hours."

Hours?

Guilia walks toward the door with readiness.

"Wait!" the words flew pass my lips and she stops to turn around.

My hands were blocking my face, trying to hide away.

"What's wrong, why is your face so red?" she smiles teasingly, resting a hand on her hip, "I know you don't have a fever."

I touched the area of my heart, trying to prevent it from escaping.

"I am not ready to see him."

"I don't believe you, not with such a loving reaction." she says and it felt like hot wax was being poured over my body.

I jump reflexively when the door opens.

"Is she awake? The boss is going to faint from suspense, he's making himself sick with worry."

Vangolio flings his hand up in front of Guilia and she tugs playfully on his cheek.

"Sis! Stop embarrassing me, oh wait, boss, Serenity is up." he yells over his shoulder.

I toss the sheets over my head, wrapping my legs around the pillow. I'm not ready! Why won't my heart stop aching?

A warm hand touched my arm and I felt a tingle rush across my skin, hot and torturous. I can smell him even through the thick cotton sheets, he peels it from my face and my eyes turn in aversion.

The door closes and I knew Guilia and Vangolio left the room. This made me so much more nervous now that we were alone, they're trying to give us privacy but I couldn't even look at him.

"I'm glad that you're okay," he pressed his face gently to my stomach, "Thank God."

I stared at his voluminous head of charcoal hair which was over grown, as if he'd been living in the jungle.

So thick yet softer than any silk, I took a hand full and the feel of it brought great relaxation to my aches and pain.

"..I like it when you pull my hair like that."

He unburied his face, gazing at me intently.

"I know you feel it," he came closer so that we were facing each other.

My pulse was thrashing in my neck.

He kissed my cheek, my jaw, a bit slower on the sensitive lobe of my ear.

"I cannot explain it," my voice was breathless. "Where you're touching me, it's like a fire starting."

He moves in to take my lips but I shift my head, he groans as a caveman -- hungry and desperate to be filled. I won't let him do that, I need a shower.

I could smell the strong presence of alcohol on his breath, he had been stressing over the fact of that incident and I didn't like that he drank so much, he must have been so worried about me.

"I miss your lips Serenity," he bites into my neck and a pleading moan burst free from deep within, "I can't go a day without kissing you."

His head went south and I tensed predicting his next move, my legs screwed tightly shut, realizing how intimate this was.

He massaged between my thighs, slow but very sensuously and I bit down on the sheets, jerking my hips onto his hand. I could feel him feeding the flames by adding raw gasoline.

The door opens and Guilia enters, my entire body was flushing, especially my face and ears.

"Serenity needs to heal, absolutely no sex," she says eyeing him sternly.

I held the pillow over my face, blushing so hard that my cheeks might implode, we've never done that before.

"Give me a break Guilia, you're scaring her." he answered.

"It's actually the opposite. I'm sure Serenity knows that and don't tell me you don't feel the same way."

He coughs nervously and I hit him with the pillow.

"You're so dirty, do you really want to do it with me that badly?" I huffed, crossing my arms.

His face was slightly red and he rubs around his neck, unable to hide what he was feeling.

"..come on Serenity, you know it's not like that -- well, I love you deeply so isn't it natural to feel that way towards you?"

He breathes out sharply, and a blooming warmth of exfoliating affection unfurls from my heart, spreading through my body.

I felt the same way. I shyly placed a kiss on his cheek and hid under the covers.

"Awwwe." Guilia says, "That's so friken cute."

"E-Enough," he stuttered.

"You're so flustered." she nags him.

"I am not!"

"Yes, you are -- I've never seen you blush before. It's a rare sight that I'll cherish."

"Guilia." he groans, "Cut me some slacks."

"Okay, okay. If you break Serenity's heart, just know I'll be kicking your ass." she warns.

I smiled.

"I'll leave you both and remember no s--"

"Guilia!" he snaps, I could hear the embarrassed tone in his voice.

She leaves the room and he gets under the sheets next to me. I shift closer to him and he cuddles me into his arms. I missed his embrace, these strong titanium arms that were so loving yet protective -- never lets me go.

I wanted to wake up by this beautiful man, every day. He spins me on my side very gently as to not cause me pain.

He spoons his body against mine and he grips my waist. A prickling sensation shot up my spine, making me clench my eyes shut.

His breath was hot on my neck.

"This is where I'll be planting my seed." his firm fingers splayed over my stomach and I ached, feeling pressure building between my legs.

"..but you plant seeds in the soil, this is my tummy and you are not a farmer." I corrected him

He burst out into laughter.

I could not possibly understand what he finds so funny, maybe he had too much to drink. I will make sure that he doesn't succumb to alcohol intoxication any more.

I'll make sure he eats healthily as well.

He groans passionately against me and I just adored the way our bodies fit together like a puzzle piece.

"I love you so much. I want to spend every moment of my life showing you that."

"Oh Glenn .. please have some mercy on my heart string!" In the heat of his undying embrace, there were welding sparks.

He feels like home, holding me ever so closely in a cozy hug.

I managed to take a long shower before crawling into bed and he did the same. I loved the softness, the quietness and the sense of rest.

How could it be that I hadn't seen his fondness for what it was before? Pure, unselfish and undemanding.

I felt my body press into him, supportive and warm. This was the love I'd waited for, prayed for. I inwardly thanked God and he holds me a bit tighter.

No matter what may come my way, I'll never leave his side. I want to be his shoulder to lean on, to be there for him through his rocky days and tough times.

I will be there to give him that strength that he needs to push another mile.

The duvet cradles me off towards a dream but even more so because his hand was around me. The slow rising and falling of his chest made me know that he was already asleep.

I've never felt so comfortable and it didn't take long for rest to overcome my senses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 1.2K 9
"Brandon..... You're hurting me.", I hissed at him as he tightened his hold around my arm. "I don't give a fuck!", He hissed back digging holes insi...
57.6K 2.3K 42
His hands found way to my waist, encircling it softly, as by a movement of hand, he pulled me closer leaving an inch between our lips.My hands went t...
9.2M 423K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...
2.2K 208 28
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...