Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

64. Image of A Mother

9.5K 571 430
By ExhaustedSoul06

"We should ask his Majesty. With his abilities he may be able to pass on his memory." Felix suggested.

The hallway was empty except for you, Felix and Lily. Lily brighten up at the prospect of finding a way to show Diana to Athy.

You shifted from one foot to another, crossing your arms. With a doubtful expression you asked, "Is it good idea to ask him that?"

Felix nodded with firm look. "I'm sure he won't deny the request since we don't have Memorial stone of Lady Diana. Princess wishes to see Lady Diana, he'd understand."

"Hmm." You thought over his suggestion, still doubtful. You didn't think it was good idea to get Claude involved in this. "If that's the case maybe with the help of Ether I can do it too. I have way more memories with Diana in comparison to Claude."

Felix hesitated, looking luke he had something to say. You  gave him puzzled look.

"Felix?"

"Wouldn't it be better if we let his Majesty pass on his memory of lady Diana to princess. Princess might understand the bond between her parents. That her father loved her mother." Felix said.

Seeing Diana from Claude's perceptive would certainly clear her assumption of Claude hating Diana.

There was a small static noise in your mind as you listened to Felix's reasoning.

"Yes," Surprisingly Lily agreed. "Princess and his majesty are family, both of them have lost someone precious to them. They would understand each other's loss better since both share family bond. If you showed them it wouldn't be the same since you're not famil--" Lily paled, her mouth shut tight when she realized what she said.

Felix stared in disbelief at Lily. He turned to you with wide eyes expression as if he was trying to reassure but didn't know how.

Ah, sometimes I forget I'm not Athy's mother no matter how much I pretend to be.

You stared without really seeing. The same static noise filled your ears. You numbly nodded your head. "Right. It's better that way. They are family." Something I would never be.

Lily shook her head hurriedly with guilty expression. "(Y/n), please don't take it the wrong way. I didn't say it to hurt you."

Felix held your shoulder and peered at you with seriousness you never seen before. "(Y/n), don't take lady Lillian's words to heart. You've proved many times you don't have to be family to care for others. So don't be disheartened!"

"No, no, I understand." You smile at both of them reassuringly, although your chest was heavy with sadness. "Diana is Athy's mother and nothing can change that fact. No matter how I love and care for Athy, I can't replace Diana and become her mother. I completely understand. I really do."

"(Y/n)." Felix called out as you slipped away from his warm hold.

You turned away, waving nonchalantly. "Just going for a walk."

You walked with heavy steps. You blankly stared ahead as you contemplated over Lily's words.

She was right to some degree. Both Athy and Claude stared family bond, something you didn't. If both of them could get around their problems and demons, they could probably forge a strong bond unrivalled to anything else.

You knew first hand how strong a family bond was. Your second life was prove of that. And Nora, your Mom had proven it countless times just how strong and boundless family bond could be.

Athy seem to be doing fine by herself and Claude seems to have softened with her.

You stopped walking. The hallway was empty and seem endless without an end in sight. Suddenly you felt exhausted. You leaned against one of the pillar, focusing on your breathing.

Was there any purpose in my return?

If given more time both Athy and Claude might reconcile and be together like a real family without third party's intervention.

....Then where does that leave me?

Where do I stand in all this?

You covered your face, leaning heavily as you slid down slowly, tiredly.

You chuckled under your breath. Heh....seems like I'm becoming selfish.

I'm already Athy's godmother so why....why am I craving to be more?

Why am I asking for something that wasn't mine in first place?

You stayed in curled up position for a long time. Solely focusing on breathing. All alone in the cold, empty hallway.

Heaving a deep sigh, you wiped your eyes. Geez I'm being way too sentimental this days!

Your slapped your cheeks to bring back your cheerful self, a smile stretching out on your face. No more depressing thoughts! Let's be positive! Full of optimism!

Don't let the bullshit of negativity drag you down!

Your jumped on your feets. Rocking back and forth, you pep talked yourself into brightening up. Humming your favourite song, you attempted to dispel the gloomy clouds looming on you.

"Okay! I'm okay!" Your stretched your cheeks, pinching them as you repeated the mantra. "I'm super duper okay!"

"...." Your hands fell away, along with your smile. "Yeah, I'm okay..."

"...."

"What if I say I want to see Mommy, AND PAPA HATES ATHY TOO?!"

The sudden loud outburst made you jump. You sprinted back and saw Athy running away while Felix and Lily tried to stop her.

"What happened?" You asked, worried eyes on the direction where Athy disappeared.

"Princess.." Lily's voice cracked and her eyes filled up with tears. "She..! How ignorant was I to her suffering?"

Felix wrapped his arms around her shaking shoulder when she let out a sob. Lily leaned against him, covering her face as tears flew down her cheeks.

Felix briefly explained the situation. As you listened to him, you grimaced, expression turning grave.

You dashed to find her. God, Athy, since when did you had such thoughts. How come I never noticed it? You thought grimly.

After roaming the whole palace you finally found her in the garden hurdled behind a tree playing with Ether.

You breathed in relief. "Athy."

"I don't want to see Mommy." Athy stubbornly avoided yoir gaze, squeezing Ether's fluffy tails.

You sat down beside her. "It's natural to be curious about your mother, Athy. There's nothing wrong with that."

Athy shifted, sparing a suspicious glance at you. "Athy really doesn't want to see Mommy."

You squinted at her, trying to understand her. "Is it because you think your father would hate you?"

Athy looked away and you got your answer.

You stayed silently, carefully thinking over your next words. "Athy, your father doesn't hate your mother. His cold attitude might suggests otherwise but believe me when I say he doesn't hate her."

Athy blinked, looking curious yet skeptical. You smiled, putting your hand on her head and stroking affectionately.

"In fact he loved a lot. Probably he still do. That's the reason why he's a bit unfair to you."

"Really?" Athy placed the squirming Ether on the ground who in turn dashed up on your head. She pouted.

You pinched her soft cheeks, cooing. "But know this, it's not your fault. Your mother loved you and choose you. She never regretted her choice so don't ever feel regretful or guilty about it."

Athy made a awkward expression. You didn't understand why.

You pulled her into your lap making her yelp in surprise. "Be happy Athy, that's all your mother ever wanted for you. That's all I want too."

Athy let you cuddle her and silently listened to your words.

You cupped her face, smiling. "I'm here for you. If you troubled, don't hold it in, tell me. Talk to me. Don't ever suppress your emotions, Athy. You don't need to." You squeezed her cheeks when she didn't say anything. Sternly you looked at her. "Promise me you'd tell me when something is troubling you."

Athy blinked rapidly making you curious to what was going on in her head.

"Well?"

For a moment you swore you heard a sniff before Athy smiled broadly and threw her tiny arms around your neck. "I promise!"

"But I really don't need to see Mommy because I have you." She smiled bashfully, looking a bit flustered.

You stared at her, heart pounding. Feeling immensely happy you blurted out, "O-Of course you have me! Always. I can't leave my cute Goddaughter alone, now can I?"

You picked her up, giddy and happy. "Let's go back. Lily and Felix must be losing their hair worrying about you."

Athy giggled.

You nudged her. "What are you laughing about huh? If they went bald, it'd your fault."

"You worry them too. Even more than Athy!"

You chuckled. "Right. Maybe we'd equal partners in blame if they went bald."

Chatting you brought her back to palace. Felix and Lily were relieved but there was awkwardness between them that lingered till next day.

Next morning to your shock Felix and Lily had pale, tired expression like they didn't sleep last night.

You slapped your forehead in exasperation. These two idiots. You had told them not to worry.

You glanced to the side as silence lingered.

You didn't know how to cut the awkwardness. Especially between you and Lily.

"We should head out now." Felix said, voice strained.

You nodded mutely all while screaming in your head. This is too awkward!

Felix looked in hesitation as Athy came close. He was unsure how to handle her after her outburst yesterday. There was awkwardness between them.

Athy stared at him almost blankly before tugging his pant. "Athy's leg hurts give me piggy back ride."

Felix brighten up, happily picking her up.

You were relieved along with Lily. Thank God! The awkwardness was painful.

"Well, then please return safely." Lily said her smile tight.

"Uh-huh." Felix and Athy had solved their awkwardness. Now it was your turn to smoothen out things with Lily. You decided to go with your typical joking way. "Pray for us to return in single piece-- I mean full human piece with no part missing!"

Lily looked at you surprised. Perhaps she thought you were still upset with her.

Motherly aura surrounding her, she smiled. "I will."

Eh? You sweat-dropped. It looks like she took your joke seriously.

"Bye, bye Lily." Athy waved form Felix's back.

"We'll see you later." Felix bowed slightly, smiling. In return a small smile stretched on Lily's face.

...So cute! You silently squealed. My ship is sailing! Now it's time to name the ship!

Felix sweat-dropped at the sly smirk you ever giving him. Avoiding your gaze at all cost as you teasingly elbowed him.

"We are heading to Audience Room today to see Majesty today." Felix answered when Athy asked where they were going.

You stopped before a gigantic door. Once again waiting for Claude to grant you permission to enter. Freaking lazy jerk.

You eyed the door, slightly overwhelmed. What's up with the ginormous doors? Are there giant hiding somewhere you didn't know?

You eyed Felix who tilted his head puzzled. Then again everyone here was built like freaking coconut trees? What's up with the sky-high heights?!

"Is something wrong?" Felix asked anxiously. "You're glaring at me."

You blinked. "Ah, I didn't noticed I was glaring."

The gigantic door opened with a loud creak grabbing your attention. A silver haired man came out.

Your good mood vanished when you recognised him.

Your fake distant cousin. Roger Alpheus. God, you hated him in your past life. He was the reason Athanasia's debute was ruined.

He was the one who brought Jennette in the palace too.

"Sir Felix." Roger greeted.

"Sir Roger, it's been a while." Felix replied with a business like smile.

"I was curious since I didn't see you with the emperor. Funny seeing you here."

Yeah, definitely not funny seeing you here.

You cursed under your breath when Roger turned to you. And here you thought you had got better in pretending to be invisible.

"Pardon my manners I didn't notice you. I'm Duke Roger Alpheus. You might be..?" His golden eyes had a cunning glint as he eyed you.

Haha...playing ignorant I see.  There was no way he didn't recognise you. If he still was keeping Jennette hidden in his mansion, then he mostly likely came in contact with Rosalia who would have told everything about you.

But he was acting like he didn't know you. Alright, I'll humour you, you snake bastard.

"I'm (Y/n) Scarlett." You said curtly. Roger looked expectant but blinked when you didn't continued any further only giving him a fake smile.

Felix gave you a look. You ignored him.

Roger widened his eyes in surprise when Athy popped up. "My, please excuse my manners, your Highness I didn't notice you." Roger put in his hand on his chest and bowed his head in well practiced manner. "Roger Alpheus at your service. Prosperity be upon the Obelian empire.

"Hello, Mister white!" Athy held her hand out in casual what's up manner completely contrast to the elegant Roger.

"White...?" Felix coughed and you snickered.

"She wouldn't happen to be talking about me, would see?" Roger asked.

Athy's next words shattered his doubt. "Mister, you look like white doggy!"

Felix coughed violently, which did nothing to hide the laugh. While you didn't hide your amusement letting out short chuckles at his expense.

Athy pulled lollipop out of her mouth and presented it to Roger. "You want a bite? It's yummy!"

Felix was shaking to suppress his laughter and you biting your lips from cracking up.

Roger stared blankly and outstretched his hand as if to take her offer.

Swiftly Athy pulled back and started reprimanding him as if he was misbehaving pet. "Bad doggy! Doggy don't eat sweets!"

"Pfft--"

"She's... truly a lovely princess."

You were having too much fun not to add in your own insult. "Now, now Athy doggy might bite you if you tease him too much."

Athy turned to you with innocent twinkle in her blue eyes. "But barking dogs don't bite, (Y/n)!"

"Heh. My baby is smart!" Then you apologetically smiled at Roger. "Children. They're too honest for their own good. Please, do excuse us, duke."

Roger was speechless. Too stunned to say anything.

"Athy want to see Papa!" Athy declared, helping you.

Felix successfully suppressing his laughter said. "Well, then shall we?"

Roger stepped aside, letting you all pass. Stepping inside, you noticed Roger smiling, quite creepily might you add as the door closed behind you, sending a unpleasant shiver down your spine.

That snake bastard is definitely plotting something. Gotta watch out for him.

I can't let the history itself. It all went downhill when Jennette made her appearance with Roger along with his son.

You blinked when something hit you hard. Come to think of it, was Jennette really Claude's daughter? Didn't Penelope cheated on Claude?

Your stomach knotted in dread as you sank deeper in thought.

So why did Claude expected Jennette as his daughter right off the bat? When all the evidence stated otherwise.

Something was missing. Something that seem too crucial to brush off.

"You're spacing out."

"Eek!" You let a small surprised squeak. Claude stood behind you with blank eyes. Standing too close for comfort. "Y-Your majesty!"

Yes, it is me." Claude deadpanned and leaned forward almost tauntingly.

You cringed back when his chest almost brushed against yours. His body heat seeping into you while his breath fanned over your face.

Why was he so close?!

You took several steps back. And in retaliation, he closed the distance you put with one big step.

You looked at him exasperated.

More importantly, Why was Athy dangling in his arms?!

"Athy?!" Athy flailed around her arms in distress. You nervously eyed her. "Your Majesty, please be careful!"

He grabbed your outstretched hand which had reached out to help Athy. You jumped at the contact.

"I'm tired." Claude said, blue eyes fixated on you. He completely ignored squirming Athy and worried Felix, requesting him to handle her with more care.

"Yes?" Not my problem! You internally screamed, confused and wary. You tugged your hand from his firm hold but he only tightened his grip.

"I want to rest." Claude said again, much to your mounting confusion.

What's wrong with him? You were definitely creeped out.

He looked annoyed when you continued to stare at him with clueless expression.

"Follow me." Claude walked behind the golden throne, towards the curtains placed on the wall, dragging you with him.

You stared at the curtains with wide curious eyes. A resting place? Right behind the throne. Wow, this guy might be more of a slacker then you thought.

"Go on." Claude said impatiently.

You glanced at him, feeling ticked off. He was ordering you to entertain his whims and expecting you to follow them obediently. And he hadn't let your wrist free, still gripping as if he was anticipating you to bolt the moment you were free from his grip.

"I'm claustrophobic." You huffed, lying through your teeth. His blue eyes flashed dangerously and you immediately regretted your sarcasm. Curse your random burst of rebellion. "B-But I can handle few hours."

Claude, with blinding speed grabbed you by your waist eliciting a very high pitched squeal from you. And threw you over his broad shoulder

"E-eh?!?!" Your face turned deep red. You felt even more embrassment when Felix's gaped at you with frozen face.

You didn't even had time to scream in protest because the next instant you landed softly in mountain of pillows.

You scrambled away, eyes blown wide in disbelief. Did he just manhandled me?!

Claude glared, looking thoroughly annoyed with you. You gladly returned the favour, glaring at him with same ferocity, though it was nothing compared to his icy look.

"P-apa?" Athy smiled tightly, glancing at your bristling figure at the corner.

Claude wiped his annoyed expression away, turning to his bored, indifferent look.

He sighed, running hand through his hair, giving you a long hard stare. You were still fuming in disbelief.

Claude moved deeper into the space and causally laid his head on your thighs.

Your mind went blank.

"I've headache" Claude said nonchalantly, purposely ignoring your stiffness. "Give me head message."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 418 8
LOVELY PRINCESS NOVEL AU. The abandoned and neglected princess of the obelia empire Athanasia de alger obelia who only want the love of her father, b...
65K 2.6K 21
โ”€โ”€โ˜… ห™๐Ÿ“๐‚๐‹๐€๐”๐ƒ๐„ ๐ƒ๐„ ๐€๐‹๐†๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐€ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ! ๐‚๐Ž๐๐‚๐”๐๐ˆ๐๐„! ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐— ๐•๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž๐”๐’(?) ฬŸ !! โDid the idea of being a pa...
2.2K 147 13
Im Hwa-Young, a devoted fan of the fantasy novel cherished the character of Alethea de Alger Obelia. With an abundance of affection in her heart, sh...
27.9K 962 20
(WARNING! I have the most random update schedule so and I haven't updated this in ages ๐Ÿฆต) Amar de Alger Obelia was a treasured Crown Prince, loved b...