Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

63. A stifling topic

8.5K 502 329
By ExhaustedSoul06

Claude really wished that Felix would shut up. He's been going on and on about things he could care less.

"Isn't princess a such a bright child?" Felix happily said, standing beside Claude who sat on the sofa in a dim room after finishing dinner.

Claude didn't respond, looking at the piece of chocolate the child had unwittingly left behind.

Eventually he opened his mouth to remark sarcastically, "More like brazen. She must have gotten it from Diana."

A dull pain settled in him at the mention of Diana.

Claude paused before in a wry tone he said monotonously. "Then again that child has (Y/n) right by her side. I couldn't think of a more brazen, cheeky girl than her."

Felix wholeheartedly laughed. "I couldn't agree more. But that's what makes her more endearing." Felix smiled softly.

Claude scoffed. However he didn't argue with that. His past self would've agreed.

Memories flashed before his eyes and something in his chest tightened. Growing sharp and painful.

Diana... She was a deep cut in his heart. A wound he doubted ever would heal.

And you... His heart constricted painfully. He wondered how can mere mention of a person could bring him so much complicated emotions that threatened to plunge him into insanity.

"A year longer and I would've forgotten that wench's face." Claude said, bitterness lacing his monotonous voice. "A year longer and this stupid feelings would've stop tormenting me."

Felix's happy face fell into a pained grimace.

Claude ignored him. Inspecting the tiny piece of chocolate that had captured his attention.

A child who was his own flesh and blood. A child who before even being born destroyed his small happy world. A child he despised and yet...

"Did you enjoy your meal with princess?" Felix said cheerfully in hopes to deplete the somber atmosphere. "Isn't she truly a lovely princess?"

"...Lovely?" Claude let a out humourless snort, bring the small piece of chocolate to eyelevel to stare it in disinterest. "I've lost such emotions a long time ago."

Claude crushed the piece of chocolate and watched his stained hand indifferently.

Felix stunned, glanced at the broken frame of Penelope. He frowned before looking back at his brother.

"I know you still care for (Y/n). And I also know you're holding back because of Lady Diana." Felix said closely watching his brother. Claude stiffen, his blues eyes narrowed into sharp glare. Nevertheless Felix continued. "Your love for Lady Diana is making you reluctant to expect your feelings for (Y/n), isn't that right?"

"Felix.." Claude spoke in low threatening voice. Lips thinning and eyes narrowing into slits, he glared at Felix wordlessly warning him not to continue his next words.

Felix shook his head, a solemn look on his face. "Your Majesty, pretending you don't care for her isn't helping anyone. Not you. Not her. If anything you're forcing her to make decisions that would pain you and her greatly."

Claude eerily still figure made Felix pause few seconds at his next words, knowing how greatly it would impact him. "If you keeps this up one day you might lose her again."

Claude tensed up, expression darkening. His whole body locking up into tight coil.  His lips curled up in beginning of a snarl.

"Leave." Claude ordered through clench teeth, his darkening face laced into menacing glare.

Felix let out a deep sigh and decided to leave. "...Blessings and Glory upon Obelian Empire."

The sound of the door closing made Claude shift his tensed body to find a more comfortable position to no avail.

Felix's words rang in his head annoyingly loud.

Would you dare to run away after all the threats?

Restlessness settled in along with fear. His stomach churned violently at the thought of losing you again.

Dammit.

He leaned forward to rest his elbows on his knees and hold his face. He gritted his teeth, breathing growing shallow each passing second.

I need to see her.

He peered through the curtain of his bangs as a urgent look settled on his face.

His magic flared up, spreading the palace and beyond. It reached out to the Ruby palace and came to staggering halt over a familiar presence. It stayed there, hovering over the peaceful, blissfully unaware girl, reassuring him that his fears were for naught. He was just being paranoid.

Frustrated at himself for harbouring such stupid feelings and fears he brought back his magic and heaved a deep disgruntled sigh.

Claude closed his eyes tightly, burying his face in his palms. Where did it go all wrong? Why did you and him fell apart?

Shaking off his pointless thoughts, he laid back on the sofa hoping to find a escape in his slumber from the bitter reality.

He laid there unable to find the solace of unconscious. Grappling in the feeling of helplessness against the tidal of emotions, he remembered why he erased his memories and annihilated his feelings.

He couldn't forgive himself for letting Diana die. For not saving the one person who cared for him.

He couldn't forgive himself for destroying one genuine bond of friendship he had with you. For believing a backstabbing bitch over you and showing you a cold ruthless side of him he never wanted you to see.

He couldn't forgive himself. He never would. Painful memories had deeply ingrained itself inside his mind, never letting him forget or forgive himself.

Each day guilt chipped away his insides. His regrets killed him little by little each second. His remorse made it hard to breath.

Lost in deep void of self-loathing, despair and guilt, it drove him to dabble in black magic and seal the painful memories and demolishing every feelings.

Funnily enough, even after getting back his memories and re-awaken emotions he still couldn't forgive himself.

How was he supposed to ask you for forgiveness after all he done?

All he could do now was use empty threats to force you to stay by his side and make sure you wouldn't fly off somewhere he couldn't find you.

                            ***

A soft breeze flew through the garden while the shade of the tree loomed over them.

"Thank you for inviting Athy to tea." Athy said, holding her fluffy dress and pretended to bow like a elegant lady.

Look, ain't I cute? Athy thought as she looked expectantly at her expressionless father who showed no reaction to her cute greeting.

Athy swallowed the disappointed sigh. What had she expected? For the apathetic Emperor to be charmed by her cute looks?

Ha! She could only dream of it.

"Good morning, your Majesty." You said with no enthusiasm, standing beside Athy.

Athy could sympathize with you. You were forced to greet him every morning just like her. She wasn't excited at the idea of seeing the Emperor first thing in the morning.

She looked at the said person and froze in her tracks.

....Huh?

Claude's eyes twitched, his expression changing in very subtle way as he stared at you.

Baffled, Athanasia managed to hold her jaw in place. She narrowed her big curious eyes between you two before fixing it on Claude. Did he show a reaction?!

No way. Her eyes must be deceiving her. But then again, he always behaved strangely when it came to you. At the same could be said for you too.

You always became more wary and cautious around him. And at the same Athy felt that you had something going for him.

Athy held her chin, deep in thought. Something's really fishy. Bad blood between you two, maybe?

"Felix." Claude said and Athy flinched snapping out of out detective trance.

Felix stepped forward to pick her since she was short and wouldn't be able to reach the chair herself when you interjected.

"It's okay. I got her." You said picking her up with great care, seating her on the chair.

"Thank you, (Y/n)!" Athy exclaimed. You smiled at her before standing beside Felix and quietly greeting him.

Phew! At least someone she knows came for morale support. Being alone with the potential villain was really scary. What if he snapped and snapped her delicate neck in two? She could always count you to have her back.

Athy turned to Claude with her best charming smile adorned on her adorable face. Her will unbreakable as she was determined to win over her apathetic father. "Good morning, Papa!"

As always Claude didn't respond only stared at her.

Athy kept her smile plastered on her face. For the sake of survival! She chanted again and again so she wouldn't give up because of the dry attitude of her indifferent father towards her.

"Yesterday Papa was in my dreams!" Athy started, filling the silence Claude always carried with himself.

"A dream..?"

Athy nodded excitedly. "Athy was with Papa and (Y/n) and Lily and Felix. We all went to the moon to pick up stars nad had lots of fun!"

"That's a weird dream."

Athy noticed the funny look you sent Claude's way and rolled your eyes.

"That's nice. Did you had fun?" You said, to make up for the dry remark of her father.

"Yes! Athy was so happy she got to play with Papa!" Athy beamed at her Father with ultra brightness.

"Aww, you didn't have fun with me Athy?" You asked in exaggerated pained voice.

"No, no, Athy had more fun with you but Papa rarely plays with me so Athy was really happy!"

You made slightly offended face when Claude smirked discreetly at you.

Sorry my favourite godmother but I gotta charm my villainous Father for the sake of my life.

Athy mentally apologized to you before she focused on the delicious cakes.

Claude as usual remained silent, not initiating a conversation.

Athy huffed mentally. What a crappy social etiquette. How come he was the emperor when he had zero social skills. Athy thought as she chewed on the delicious cake.

Ah, there it was again. The nerve-wrecking staring.

Athy swallowed and narrowed her eyes, her eyes bouncing between you two.

Claude was spaced out staring at you. His blue eyes were glossed over almost as if he was in trance.

Claude's doing it again. Staring at you with such intensity it made her shift uncomfortably on her chair.

You were completely unaware of the eyes staring at you as you teased Felix about his brunette crush while Felix flustered denied your words.

Athy shuddered when a thought flashed in her mind.

What if he was planning on making you his mistress?!

Athy was horrified.

It made sense. That's why he's always staring and eyeing you as if you were most delicious cake and he wanted to devour you!

Athy looked down, eyes wide with horror. She can't let that happen!

Athy desparate to take Claude's focus of you asked, "Papa is that good?"

Claude snapped out of his stupor looked at Athy and glanced down at the cup. "It's not enjoyed for its taste."

Phew! At least his eyes is off you. Athy did a small fist bump down the table.

She was genuinely curious of the tea. It looked really delicious and it's smell was nice.

"Athy wants what's Papa is having!" Sparkles surrounded her as she looked expectantly at her Father.

Felix and you focused on her when she exclaimed loudly.

"It might be too strong for you, princess." Felix voiced hsi opinion.

"Felix's is right, Athy. Your sweet teeth won't like it." You said.

Athy pouted. "But I want it! I want to try it!!"

Hehehe...Check out my new boldness!

"Athy, sweetheart it's--"

Claude cut you off. "Let her have it. If she wants it I won't stop her."

You frowned but handed her cup of Lippe tea.

Athy sniffed, letting the fragrance of the tea enter her nostrils. She took a tiny sip and paused to savour it's taste, eyes closed.

She heard you chuckle along with Felix and call her cute which mad her a bit flustered.

"Athy likes it too!" Athy opened her sparkling eyes and beamed happily. "It feels like flowers are blooming inside Athy's mouth."

Felix looked surprised while Claude froze, glancing at her with indiscernible look.

Athy gulped. What's happening? What's with the sudden silence?!

"Ha, " You said dazed, eyes heavy with nostalgia and sadness. "Just like Diana. You're her daughter after all."

Athy was confused. But you didn't continued, a far off look coming in your eyes as you stared at Claude with emotion she couldn't decipher.

Felix smiled. "...Lady Diana used to like it too. She said the same thing as you whenever she enjoyed the tea."

Athy fell silent, glancing at the silent Claude before peeking at you.

"Mommy said the same thing as Athy?"

This time you answered her with a cheerful smile.

"Yep! She loved it! She even made me try it, though I'm not a big fan of it. Taste bland if you ask me."

"That's what Lady Diana told us."

"Diana used to talk about me?" You asked curiously.

Athy's eyes grew bigger as she let the new information sink in.

"Yes." Felix nodded and smiled when your face lit up with surprise and happiness.  "Whenever Lady Diana and his Majesty had tea in this very garden, she mentioned you one time. And told--"

"I do not have such memories."

Claude sharp tone silenced everyone.

"You're surprisingly chatty today." Claude side glared at Felix with calm deadly look. A subtle threat in his monotonous voice. "You're being loud, leave us."

"...Blessings and Glory upon the obelian empire."

Poor Felix. Athy watched in pity as Felix got kicked off  from the garden.

Athy faced Claude with a pouty slightly upset expression. So Diana was just another girl for him? What a jerk! And he's still keeping the other one's portrait.

And now he wanted you. Just how many girls he wanted to jiggle with?!

Hmph! Athy gave him critical judgemental look. You're not having (y/n)! Not on my watch!

"And you," Claude addressed you making both you and Athy tense up in apprehension. "be quiet if you want to stay."

Athy breathed out in relief. She had expected something much extreme. Thanks to whatever fixation he has for you, you were saved. Like many times before.

Athy frowned. So it's not just some horny feelings he has for you but something way moe deeper...?

Athy looked at you. But he discarded Diana, the girl he had a child with. There's was no way he would stick with you.

"You're still too young for tea. It's best if you stick with milk." Claude suddenly addressed her and a small surprised hitching sound left her throat.

She smiled meekly. "Hehehe Athy likes milk too."

The bonding was cut short and you carried her back to Ruby palace.

Athy was sprawled on the floor, a crayon in hand as she concentrated on the floor drawing paper.

You were in similar position, sprawled in careless manner, legs kicking in the air as you concentrated on drawing.

You had joined in after suggesting her the idea when she was bored. Also to lighten the atmosphere after the fiasco in the garden.

Lily and Felix sat beside you, looking curiously at both of you.

"What are you drawing, princess?" Felix asked after getting ignored by you when he asked you similar questions and was met with silence.

Athy huffed. "Silly Felix! I'm drawing Lily and (Y/n)!"

"Ah," Felix made a understanding nod and pointed to another paper. "So that's His majesty?"

Yep, the bald stick figure is definitely Claude. But it's not for you, Felix!

"Nope!" Athy picked the paper and handed it to Felix. "This is for Felix."

"Is this me?" Felix looked at the scrawny drawing and almost shed tears of gratitude and joy. "Thank you, princess! I'll keep this as family heirloom forever."

Athy sweat-dropped. No need to go that far.

"Here, Lily it's you!"

"Oh, my. Am I that pretty in your eyes?" Lily smiled

"Pretty as moon and stars!!" Athy stretched out her hands with big grin.

Athy turned to you with more excited grin.

"(Y/n)!" Athy frowned when you didn't respond, too focused on drawing. "(Y/N)!!"

You jolted up in sitting position at the sudden scream. "Y-yes, ma'am!?"

Athy giggled at your short military salute.

"It's for you! I made you a pretty drawing and you won't even look at it!" Athy pouted as you sheepishly smiled at her. "Whatcha drawing?"

"Something funny..?" You answered.

Athy snatched the drawing from your hands. And immediately she pressed her lips together not to burst out in laughing fit.

It was drawing of crying Claude surrounded by chocolate monster while you were sitting in a chocolate throne, crackling evilly. There was a small figure of Felix defending Claude from incoming barrage of chocolate monsters.

Athy was torn between laughing and questioning your mentality.

You were even more childish then her.

Felix laughed in his hands after seeing the drawing while Lily smiled helplessly, shaking her head in endearing way.

"I should show this to His Majesty."

"Felix, I'll dye your hair in hot pink if you dare!" You threatened.

Felix playfully brought his hands up in surrender and chuckled. You smirked.

"I can do better!" Athy said, more excited as she took the crayon. She paused, looking at everyone. She had drawn everyone.

"(Y/n), (Y/n)!" Athy poked at you as you went back to fill in the details adding tears to poorly drawn Claude.

"Yes?" You said without looking up.

"What does Mommy look like?"

You froze. "Uh, well.."

"I wanna draw Mommy but I don't know her face." Athy insisted.

You took in a deep breath and smiled at her. "You look like the mini version of Diana, Athy. Let's see, hmmm she had long beautiful blonde hair, a shade lighter than your dad and big rose petal eyes."

Athy listened and started drawing accordingly your description. She almost completed the drawing when she heard you soft nostalgic filled sigh.

"She was really beautiful. Like a fairy." You closed your eyes, voice soft as you said. "She was beautiful person inside and out. Just like you Athy. When you grow up you'd be carbon copy of her except your jewelled eyes."

Lily and Felix listened to you both wonder struck at your serene expression and calm voice.

"Really?" Athy was in awe.

In the novel Diana was described as a beauty you couldn't take eyes off.

"I want to see her too."

"...."

"...."

...Not again.

There was heavy silence that mirrored like the one in the garden.

It was then she realized that she had said her thoughts out loud.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 190 9
athanasia who has been in a loop of her life, dying and being reborn again and again because of her family, with finally catching a small break by be...
65.3K 2.6K 21
──★ ˙🍓𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌! 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐔𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐄! 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐗 𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒(?) ̟ !! ❝Did the idea of being a pa...
6.4K 207 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...
13.4K 418 8
LOVELY PRINCESS NOVEL AU. The abandoned and neglected princess of the obelia empire Athanasia de alger obelia who only want the love of her father, b...