Ziphozethu

By Jaylin2505

Abandoned at a young age Zethu is left to fend for herself and her brother. Her ultimate goal is to trap a ri... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
NEW STORY!

24

609 46 0
By Jaylin2505

Besides the fact that we all thought my father was crazy I kind of liked the attention. I had my nails done and my clothes were picked out for me. My makeup was done and the crowd outside became restless. They even camped out there to see me.

The stylist helped me get dressed. We went with a simple red dress. I still wanted the traditional look so I was wearing a beaded skirt over it. I decided on a red doek tied on my head perfectly and added a beaded band around my head as well. I looked and felt like a princess.

"Zethu. Wow." My father came and his jaw hung on the floor. "You are beautiful." He said and I couldn't help but laugh. "The crowd is waiting. You don't have to say anything. Just smile and wave. There are news reporters out there too but don't be nervous. My throne has been set up and I'll go take my place. Your brothers will lead you out okay." I just nodded.

We got in place and I was really nervous. Hundreds if not thousands of people were singing outside. They had been waiting for almost three days. What if I wasn't what they imagined?

I heard a praise singer start praising the chief. I couldn't believe they had a sound system hooked up. Where did that come from? Once my father sat on his throne they settled the crowd again.

The praise singer started up again and my brothers and I started walking. We walked up and they helped me up the stairs to a stage. My father and his first three wives were there. When my brothers made way for to walk forward the crowd went mad. They couldn't contain themselves. All of a sudden my nervous energy disappeared. I smiled and waved and they started sing again.

A mother put her child on stage and my brothers had no idea what to do. I picked the crying child up and comforted her. She could not be older than three. She laid her head on my shoulder and I kissed her head.

I was eventually taken away from the crowd and we went back inside. The house was in utter chaos. There were boys everywhere. I couldn't believe my eyes. Even babies on Busi and Thandeka's hips. "Don't look so shocked little sister. These are all your brothers." Thulani said and gave me a pat on the back.

We all sat down and they started introducing my brothers. "These are the twins Lungelo and Mandla. They were really young when you left. This is Philani, my last born." Gugu said with a big smile on her face. "These are my sons, Olwethu, Njabulo, Lunga, and Sipho, who is turning one next month." Busi introduced them. "And Xolani and Siyanda are eight months old." Thandeka said with both babies on her hips. I was not going to remember any of thier names. I already forgotten most of them.

My father kept the tv on the news and he was basking in the glory of his new found "fame". That evening I spent some time with my younger brothers who were extra crazy because their grandmothers gave them candy that they were hiding. I had to keep quiet about it or else I wouldn't get any. I just went along with it.

My pregnancy symptoms were very bad that night. It was so bad that I fell asleep on the toilet floor. "Zethu. Zethu wake up." Veronica was shaking me violently. She helped me up and I went straight into the shower. "Zethu, you still have your clothes on." She reminded me but I didn't care. I stood there with cold water running over me.

When I was done I got dressed and took a seat on my bed. "Zethu, I brought you some toast and ginger tea for you nausea. Have you taken your medication yet?" I shook my head and took a sip of the tea. She left me to eat my breakfast and I got a call from Moses.

"Morning Mamakhe. How are you doing?" He asked excitedly. "I'm fine and you?" I asked clearing my throat. "I'm fine but you don't sound okay. Don't lie to me, Mamakhe." I sighed. "I am fine, baba. It's just morning sickness. But I'm having some ginger tea and toast. I should be fine." I said and took a sip of my tea. "Well, I'm almost in the city and I'm pretty confident that Nozipho will sign the divorce papers. This won't be like the last time." He said and I was happy but I was still weak. We spoke for a little while and then he had to go.

I spent my day with Buhle and my brothers. The house was constantly in a state of organised chaos but everyone was happy and laughing. Things I wish I had. I tried my hardest to give that to Sicelo but I failed at it a lot. I was sitting outside on the porch looking and listening to the rain in the moonlight.

"Zethu." It was my brother Msizi. "I brought you a blanket." I thanked him and covered myself. "Are you okay?" I nodded and he took a seat. "Can I ask you a question?" I just nodded. "Do you love that man because if this is about money you don't need him anymore. You have us. We have a family business you know?"

I just sighed. "It's not about money. I've been in love with him before I even knew he had money." I lied freely. I had gotten so good at lying that I didn't even need to think about it anymore. I was even starting to believe my own lies.

But I honestly do love Moses. I don't know if I've fooled myself into believing it or if my feeling were genuine but something definitely happens when I see his name light up on my screen or when I know that I'll get to see him. This was no longer about living a comfortable life. I just want to be with him.

"Okay, how did you meet him." I sighed remembering the story. I even laughed a little. "I lived in the township in Durban and I worked at a restaurant. It was a very difficult time in his life and he was there drowning his sorrows. My boss told me to get rid of him so we could close up but he didn't have anywhere to go and his car was stolen. My boss was getting impatient and I didn't want to loose my job so I told him he could spend the night at my house."

Msizi's went wide. "Are you crazy! Something could've happened to you!" I just rolled my eyes. Veronica and Thabo joined us. "What are we talking about?" They asked taking a seat. "How she met your brother. She took a strange man home. She didn't even know him and he was drunk." I rolled my eyes at him again. "Calm down will you. Nothing happened besides him waking up and thinking I kidnapped him."

They all laughed. "So here I am. I let this stranger into my house. He was a total mess the night before and I was trying to be nice. I even made breakfast. Anyway when I turned around to put it on the table he was standing there with a knife." More of my older brother's joined and they all were shocked.

"Do you want to hear the story or not because I can stop!" They mumbled and groaned but they were all interested. "He realized I wasn't trying to kill him or kidnap him and he apologized. I was obviously in shock but we got over that and sat down to have breakfast. Afterwards he realized he had nowhere to go."

"Nowhere to go?! He's a millionaire." Msizi interrupted and I had to roll my eyes again. "Are you going to keep interrupting me?" He rolled his eyes at me. "Anyway, I offered to let him stay with me. And that's how it all happened." They complained about the story not being complete but they didn't need every detail.

"Wait, you're telling me my brother, Moses Gumede, stayed in a shack?" I just laughed at her. "Yes." Was my simple answer. "I can't believe it. A man who freaks out when the wifi goes out stayed in a shack for more than two months." She still couldn't believe it. "Yes , it happened."

We all had tea together and then we went to bed. "Get up! Zethu! Veronica! You're needed downstairs immediately!" We were woken up so fast we didn't even question anything. We put on our gowns and went downstairs. "Sit down." We sat at the table and I was still half asleep. "Can anyone of you tell me why Moses Gumede and his wife has requested an audience with Zethu." We were both confused and to make matters worse I was nauseous.

"What are you talking about?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "Wake up!" He yelled and both of us jumped. "I know the two of you have stayed in contact with Moses! What does he want! I can not afford a scandal right now! If that woman is coming here to blackmail us Zethu I swear to God! I'm not loosing this momentum because of you!" I was so confused. I had no idea what was happening.

"Momentum that you have because of me. Don't kid yourself! There is nothing you can do to me. I'm only entertaining all of this bullshit because I want to get the wedding over and done with peacefully and move on with my life without you.
I don't care what sort of agenda you have with the publicity stunt you pulled the other day. I know you genuinely don't care. So let's not act like my marriage to Moses won't benefit you most. Now, I don't know what she wants. I haven't spoken to Moses about it yet. I just woke up. We'll just have to wait and see."

"Zethu how can you accuse me of not caring?" He almost sounded hurt. "You care? The only thing you know about your son is that he's in boarding school. I bet if I were to ask you how old he is you wouldn't know." There was complete silence between us. "How old is your son, Chief Zwelethu Zulu?" I asked sarcastically and he couldn't answer. "My point exactly." Veronica looked at him in disgust and left the table.

I went back to the room and got myself and Buhle ready for the day. I was snacking on crackers while feeding Buhle. It really helped with my nausea and I could actually take my medicine and keep it down.

I refused to go down to breakfast because I was afraid the smell would make me vomit and I also didn't want to deal with my father. "Nozipho and Moses should be here any moment now. They've agreed to let your father and eldest brother sit in on the meeting." Fikile said and she just looked tired. I would be too if I was running this crazy house.

I was called downstairs. I followed Thulani to the royal hut and took a seat. Moses and Nozipho were sitting across from me. "Go ahead." My father said. "MaZulu I have come here today with a proposition. As you know, Baba and I have had issues in our marriage." What the hell was this woman doing?

"And through those issues he found you. I'm very grateful that you took such good care of him and my daughter and I understand that you love them very much and they love you too. I do however feel that my marriage to Baba is not yet over and I think we should try to work on it more before we decide to give up."

Oh my god. Was this a break up? Did Moses get his wife to break up with me? "I do have to admit that you are now a huge part of our lives. I don't think Baba or Buhle will be able to let you go. MaZulu I believe that you are the glue that can bring my family back together."

I was so damn confused. I didn't know what to think anymore. "So as per tradition, I , baba's first wife, gave him permission to take a second wife. So, we have come here today to ask you to be Baba's second wife."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1.1K 32
Life keeps throwing lemons and stones at her , when she believes that she wants to live her life until she dies alone , but when she meets her Mr rig...
62.2K 3.4K 107
Thandi always knew she wasn't destined for greatness. She'd never be anything but someone's wife. Nothing would come of her life, so she submitted. S...
80K 5.9K 56
What do you do when your past comes knocking at your door and turns your life up side down. Meet Nompumelelo and Mmelokuhle as they go through hell a...
817K 14.5K 26
Book #1, Choices series *** "Is that what you need Ms C?" Michael said in his deep baritone, his eyes still on the screen. "Passion? Rough fucking ag...