𝗕𝗘𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗦𝗞↷...

By jjeonwonie

❝ I never said I'd fall for you ❞ ❝ But you did, in mud if I may add ❞ ↳ when ahn y/n wishes to stop her stra... More

behind the mask by jjeonwonie
― 0 : prologue
― 1 : nightmares
― 2 : new world
― 3 : prince of ravaryn
― 4 : don't trust him
― 5 : horse ride
― 6 : sunsets & secrets
― 7 : suspicious stares
― 8 : photograph
― 9 : attacked
― 10 : you and me
― 11 : conspiracies
― 12 : heartbeats
― 13 : drinks & dreams
announcement
― 14 : in trouble
― 15 : unexpected
― 16 : accusations
― 17 : the rescue
― 19 : adultnapped
― 20 : reveal & revive
― 21 : a failure
― 22 : special feelings
― 23 : truth untold
― 24 : yet expected
― 25 : game of fate
― 26 : determined souls
― 27 : talks & thoughts
― 28 : the final plan
― 29 : his true colours
― 30 : wish fulfilled
― 31 : epilogue
author's note
update

― 18 : the stolen book

599 52 28
By jjeonwonie

―*―*―

𝑤𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠,
𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑏𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡

―*―*―

"What?!"

"Yes!" Mirae exclaimed frustratingly. "It's all over the town! They say she couldn't handle the humiliation and took her own life"

"It's not so, Mirae! Someone made her do it."

"What?"

"Yes, it seems so. Why would a daughter, who loved her father dearly, kill him?"

"But-

"Mirae and y/n, there's someone who has come to meet you." Mirae's grandma's voice came which puzzled the two.

"Riki? Why are you here?" Mirae questioned when she spotted Riki standing outside.

"You probably must have heard the-

"Yes, we did."Y/n replied.

"Then I don't think you need an explanation as to why you've been called to the palace." Riki replied.

"Did the King seem angry?"

"No, he just called for you." Riki replied.

"Okay, let's not waste time."

"I knew you were intelligent but I didn't know you were so studious as to bring that book with you when we're literally going to the palace" Mirae exclaimed, pointing at the book which y/n held tight in her hands as they walked down the streets.
"I thought I'd need it."

"What does that book even have that you'd need it in the palace?" Riki questioned.

"I-important information"

"What kind?" Riki questioned again.

"Uh, a dictionary, a book of meanings required by a d-detective."

"T-

"Did anything seem suspicious in the palace today?" Y/n questioned, trying to change the topic.

"Uh-no." Riki replied.

"Did the King say anything to the Princes?"

"No, they were asked to assemble in the court while I was being told to scout you both"

"Oh"

"How long are we going to stand here?" Riki mumbled while tapping his feet vigorously against the ground, growing impatient.

"Wa-wait, I'm feeling nervous all of a sudden" Y/n replied while shoving her hands in the air to show her nervousness.

"Why must we act like criminals? We literally caught the real one," Mirae exclaimed.

"It's not like that, I-I just feel nervous"
"I can guarantee that you both will be put to prison if you don't hurry up" Riki intervened impatiently.

"Why is the palace quieter than usual?"

"Why are there no people here?"

"Are we going to be-

"Okay you both if you would stop this whispering conversation between yourselves, we might even enter before I receive a death trial" Riki replied sarcastically and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Pushing the huge entrance to the court-hall open, Riki walked in followed by young Mirae who looked fascinated at everything and Y/n who held the book tightly in her hands.

"Greeting, my lord" Mirae exclaimed while Y/n looked at her with puzzled eyes. Mirae slightly bowed as a sign of respect and edged Y/n in the elbow to make her follow.

"You must have heard of the death-

"Yes sir."

"Do you have a proper justification for it?"

"I-I do, sir."

"You do?" Mirae whispered and Riki who stood beside her budged her to keep quiet.

"I suppose she was murdered." Y/n uttered.

The King scoffed, "last day, you said my son was not the criminal, the girl had killed her father, the minister and now you say it was a murder inside the prison?"

"Sir, nothing previous theories turned out to be true as well" Y/n replied.

The King seemed to be taken aback, but he thought for sometime and then nodded his head, "How are you sure?"

"Uh-she had done the deed on orders of someone whose name she was about to reveal today" Y/n said, eyes moving swiftly across the room, "she was murdered further to hide the identity."

"What proof do you have?"

"We'd like to observe-

"Again?"

"That is the work of a d-detective" Y/n's voice cracked.

The king gave a disapprovingly look initially but judging the faces of the ones around him, he had to agree.

"What is the book she is holding?" Someone whispered to the person beside him.

"Said it was about something related to the profession."

"How about we have a look at it" the person smirked while the one beside him looked puzzled.

'Danger.'

"Huh?What danger?" Y/n questioned herself when she flipped through the pages of the book to discover the strange writing written in bold which read, 'Danger'.

"What are you looking at?" Mirae questioned curiously when she saw how spaced out Y/n was.

Y/n, on the contrary, immediately the slammed the book, "Nothing, let's proceed"

She rushed past Riki to observe the prison cell when she accidentally dropped the book. Riki bent down and picked it up but y/n was quick enough to snatch it away from him.

"WOAH, that was quick," Riki replied in an astonished tone.

"Uh, yeah, a book stored for important purposes" she replied, recollecting herself.

"There's visible external dirt on the floor, you were right. She was choked by someone" Mirae muttered to y/n.

"That is it for today" the Royal guard announced and soon they had to exit the place.

"What are you up to?" Mark questioned.

"Something you must not know Of" Y/n replied.

"That book seems quite special to you." He smiled.

"Yeah, i-it is."

"Stop pushing me away, you never know, i may be the one who will ultimately help you" he replied.

"As if it's going to happen" y/n rolled her eyes.

"You are going to regret it." He whispered.

Y/n sat on a bench in the garden she had previously visited the previous day. Mirae had agreed to accompany Riki to the state governor's office.

Y/n sat alone with her book in hand. She carefully flipped through the pages until she noticed the page which read 'Danger' was slightly burnt.

"I-I don't remember going near the fire, how did this..."

'This book mentions about the important events taking place with me but it won't say who does the dangerous deeds. So it's in the point of view of a narrator and I'm the primary character' she thought to herself.

'but why would it show 'danger'?!' she questioned again.

"So, why are you in such a deep thought" a voice scared her and she slammed the book and hid it behind her in order to keep it away.

"Jungwon, don't scare me like this"

"What's up with the book?"

"Oh, it's the one I love the most"

"So-

"Don't ask me, just remember, it's really important for me" she replied and he nodded in agreement.

"How's your brother?"

"Huh? Why do you ask?" He questioned, quite puzzled.

"You know what I was-

"Don't say you think it was him who did it."

"No-

"He loves me a lot, he wouldn't have done something to hurt me" he replied, but no longer to her, he was consoling himself, "he loves his brother"

Y/n didn't want to further continue the conversation and she patted his back and nodded.

Y/n moved through the marketplace swiftly rushing past the commoners, the book held tight to her chest. She felt the eyes of someone on her. She was being followed.

She tried to stick to the crowd of people. Someone tapped on her shoulder and she jumped but realized it was some retailer.
On reaching a much quieter path, she felt her heartbeat rise. She felt a sharp pain in her head when the clash of metal was heard and she dropped to the ground holding the book tightly.

Someone rushed past and pulled out the book aggressively from her hand and left.
Her eyes getting dizzy, she looked up to notice a figure coming towards her. Riki.

He hesitated quite a bit, his breathing uneven as if he had just been rushed, he walked up to her with a concerned look and held out his hand and before she could reach it, the vision blurred.

"What a fool that young boy is!" someone scoffed while caressing the rectangular structure in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 1.7K 21
Yang Jungwon was a pill to Im Hani's anxiety. Being a hopeless romantic was never a term in Jungwon's book, yet why is he daydreaming of how he'll ge...
16.1K 633 56
In midst of the three kingdoms lays a dark truth no one could've imagine. Kim Yeona, is forced to align her arranged marriage with an ally kingdom's...
1.6K 196 10
Who could stay in Im Hani's life if it isn't Yang Jungwon? Both Jungwon and Hani had undoubtedly changed each other's lives. As lovers, they now set...
213K 11.2K 39
# 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐖𝐎𝐍: These violent delights truly have violent ends. ≡ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ➴ enhypen | yang jungwon ➴...