Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

56. Terrifying Meeting

9.3K 529 383
By ExhaustedSoul06

It has to be a coincidence.

You sat on the sofa with Athy closely sticking to your side. You wanted to pat her head and reassure her but unfortunately you didn't have that level of optimism when facing the devil, not when you were shaking in your boots yourself.

But that wasn't what worried you. You anxiously eyed the desserts served.

They all were your all time favourite ones. One you enjoyed back then when you still were friends with this scary Emperor.

If it was coincidence, it sure was creepy one.

You didn't put anything in it, did you? You peeked a suspicious look only to snap your eyes away when you  caught his cold eyes.

Your pulsed raced as your palm grew sweaty. You avoided his gaze that seem to drill a hole into your skull.

Geez, he was seriously going to drill a hole if he didn't stop his dagger like glare.

"..."

The stifling silence wasn't helping either. If anything, it made Claude more intimidating than he already was.

Felix shifted uneasily behind Claude. He probably had tons of questions for you. How you were alive? Where were you? What were you doing here? But Claude seem in no hurry to interrogate you, instead his attention was fixed on Athy, much to your dismay.

Claude remained silent, observing Athy who fearfully avoided his gaze as you did earlier.

"I didn't know you couldn't speak."

"Hk!"

Athy flinched, scooting closer to you. You grabbed her tiny hands and gave it a squeeze only to flinch yourself when Claude addressed you.

"Considering the fact you know her, you should be chirping like bird."

Pardon me sir, are you saying I'm some kind of annoying chatterbox?!

You wanted to give him your best stinky eyes but you were afraid he would gouge your eyes out for being disrespectful.

Yeah, let's not gamble with your life. It's too precious.

"Well, this is boring." Claude drawled out, leaning back on the sofa with bored expression. "Not much of a talker?"

"She can talk/ Athy can talk."

You and athy spoke at the same time. Your guts told something awful might happen if this guy became bored. What if he just chopped off your limbs for his entertainment.

Ah, I'm scaring myself!

Claude raised a single eyebrow and said in cold tone, "You can speak afterall. So why did you stay silent until now?"

It's your fault! Why were looking at her like she was some creature you never seen. Of course she's going to be uncomfortable.

You didn't voice your thoughts. Certainly that was a good thing. Considering most of them were composed of curses and badmouthing about him.

Thankfully Felix was there. He leaned in and said to Claude, "Pardon me your majesty but girls her age are known to be very shy."

"Is that so?" Claude indifferently remarked.

No. Not exactly. Athy was a bright child and wasn't one to be shy. The only reason she was acting so docile was because of the scary person infront of her.

You wanted to cry. What the hell did it happen to you?! You were going to leave within days. So why did your plan went down the gutter!

Unaware of your nervous breakdown, Claude leaned back lazily and looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Felix, leave us."

You almost jumped out of your seat to stop Felix. Even Athy seem to giving Felix desperate puppy eyes.

No, Felix! Don't do it. Don't leave us alone with this devil incarnate!

Felix bowed to Claude and throwing you a helpless smile, he left.

Ah, the only sane person who could save us from the wrath of this psychopath is gone! You mentally cried in despair. Someone help!

"Athy is it? Must be a pet name." Claude spoke up casually.

You cleared your parched throat. You didn't like where it was heading.

"Athanasia." Claude repeated the name before his tone grew dark and cold. "What a name. Do you know the meaning of that name?"

Goosebumps rose on your skin once you noticed the dark expression on his face.

Athy tilted her head innocently, her side pressing to yours as she trembled. You shot a brief smile trying to relax her. It seem to do the trick as her shoulder sagged slightly and she completely leaned on you.

Claude's facial expressions subtly changed at your actions but he didn't comment on it.

Instead he seem to be salty about Athy's name.

"To give her own child such name and a girl at that." Claude continued on coldly, blue eyes glowing eerily. "She would have had her limbs ripped off if she had survived the labor."

What? You shuddered, and your head shot up to stare at Claude in disbelief. Why was he speaking of maiming Diana so causally?

Don't you love her?

Something was off. Something was clearly not right.

Claude's blue eyes bore into you. You couldn't take your eyes off him, even when he raised a eyebrow in question.

"You have something to say?"

Immediately you shook your head, with a strained smile, averting your eyes away.

Claude clicked his tongue, back resting against the pillows as he eyed you, displeased. He probably didn't like that you didn't answer him verbally.

"Why are you just sitting there? Go ahead and eat."

His words snapped you back to your senses. At first you thought he was speaking to you but soon you realized he was speaking to Athy.

Athy shakily reached for the pudding cake before Claude's next words stopped her dead in her tracks

"I ordered them to bring something kids like. If you don't eat I will have no choice but to punish the cook."

Was that necessary to add?! You wanted the throw the pillow at him but sadly you were too scared to even make a tiny squeak.

"Thank for the food!" Athy immediately moved for the dessert, aware of the subtle threat in his words.

You shot her a worried look. Athy's hands were trembling badly as she took a tiny bite out of the pudding.

"Yummy!" Athy exclaimed in shuddering voice, voice cracking as she took another bite.

Claude watched Athy, the focus in his blue eyes quite unnerving. It was like he was looking at something odd that seem to intrigue him.

You didn't like it one bit. All you wanted was grab Athy and launch yourself out the window. But you knew Claude's insane reflexes. He would catch you before you even stood a chance at getting up.

"Who taught you manners?" Claude asked.

"(Y/n) and Lily did." Athy answered with a innocent smile, face pale as she chewed.

Claude's blue eyes slid to you, lips curling up condescendingly. "She taught you etiquette? How surprising."

He was definitely mocking you.

Yeah, well Lily taught her most of the etiquette. You only taught shenanigans and stirring up trouble for everyone.

But still he didn't had to point that out.

Everything was silent. Only sound was Athy eating and your breathing.

"As you sit there are you aware of who I am?"

Athy dropped her cutlery and looked up fearfully. You couldn't help the strangled noise that left your throat as you lifted your head to look at him cautiously.

What the hell was this dude playing at? Past timeline he didn't even acknowledge Athy as his daughter then what's up with the question?

Claude didn't look at you. His focus was aimed at Athy.

"F-Father...?"

You swore your soul left right there and then. Athy, baby no!

Claude cocked his head sideways and let out a hum, holding his chin as he looked intrigued with her answer.

"P-papa.." Athy repeated again in shaky voice only to meet with Claude's silence.

But she didn't give up and tried again. Only this time she gave it all with her best cute smile.

"Papa!" Athy beamed and you felt like fading from existence.

So this how I'm gonna die. Athy innocently digging up both of your graves. Ah, you couldn't even blame the poor soul. All you could blame was your rotten luck.

But much to your shock, Claude fell silent after Athy's cheerful declaration. He only watched as Athy continued to nom on the cakes.

"Felix, take her back to Ruby palace. Inform the maid I'll see her soon."

Claude called and ordered Felix when Athy finished eating all desserts.

"As you wish, sire."

You were worried seeing Athy's pale complexion. She had too much sweets, hopefully she wouldn't fall sick.

You didn't protest when Felix kneeled before Athy to pick her up. You knew Athy was safe with Felix and you wanted her to far away from Claude who could potentially harm her.

Felix picked Athy but paused when Athy squirmed in his hold.

Athy looked at you, reaching out to you. "(Y/n)...?"

You peered at Claude in question. He glanced at you indifferently before answering Athy.

"I'll have some private time with her. I'll sent her later. Go."

His tone leaving no room for argument not that you had the courage to argue with him.

Athy's face became extremely pale. She looked afraid for you. With fearful eyes she watched you, almost looking hysterical.

You waved Athy with a forced smile, watching them with longing eyes. If only you could join them and get away from Claude.

Breathing in and out, you tried to calm down your jumpy nerves. Your back remained straight and rigid as you waited for the awful interrogation to begin.

Claude tapped his fingers on the table. The soft sound echoed in the silent room with booming intensity.

Each time he tapped his finger, your nerves jumped while your heart skipped a beat in nervousness.

"Is it too bothersome for you to be here?" Claude asked. From his sharp tone he sounded annoyed though his expression didn't change.

Yes, totally!

"Of course not, Clau-- y-your majesty..." You stuttered cringing back. Damn you almost called him by his name. Almost.

His fingers stopped tapping. You looked at him meekly, hoping he didn't caught your slipup.

For a Emperor being called by name was the biggest disrespectful. Thankfully you rein in your habit of calling him Claude. He was Emperor now. You had to remember that.

You fiddled with your fingers, tapping your legs to ease your nervousness.

"Hmm."

His fingers started the dreadful tapping again. His body tilted forward as he peered at you, eyes sharp and calculative.

You had to avert your eyes, cheeks turning light shade of pink when his bare chest came in full display. Since when did he became so shameless?!

"You became quite docile."

Your breath hitched. You squirmed uncomfortably, biting your lips. It was hard to look at him without breaking down in cold sweats.

"Not once did you properly looked at me." Claude low voice crawled over your skin like slithering serpent. "Are you too scared to look me in the eyes?"

Of course you were scared. Who wouldn't be? Just sitting there he looked intimidating and domineering person. His presence was all consuming. You couldn't help the nervousness that came over you.

And the fact that you knew this person could be responsible for your death only terrified you more.

You weren't an idiot to look at him. He was Emperor. Looking at him directly would be great offense and direct disrespect for his position. Was he asking you to look at him- a Emperor so he could execute you for being disrespectful?

Yeah, not happening.

You remained silent, head downcast shadowed by your hair. You wished the meeting would end already. You were just seconds away from passing out.

The temperature in the room  dropped.

Claude scoffed, narrowing his eyes. "Your silence is annoying me. Are you testing my patience?"

Does that mean you'd kill me because my presence is annoying? No, please don't! Dying is painful. Like extremely painful! So let's not speak of killing, yes?

"I'm not! Tests are not my strong forte. To a test the Emperor, that sound crazy enough not even I would dare to do." You squeaked out with a strained cute smile. Many gave in to your charming smile. If only it could work on this psychopath dude with cold heart.

There was subtle change in Claude's expression. His eyes narrowed into thin slit. Slender fingers continued to drum on the table.

"Still the same person, huh?" Claude remarked, smirking coldly.

You didn't know whether it was insult or not. So you just smiled. A smile that spoke 'I'll agree to everything you say to save my neck'

"Why did you return after faking your death?" Claude asked suddenly, catching you off guard.

You paled. Eyes widening and lips parted gaping at him. He looked indifferent to your shock. His eyes gauging out your reaction with interest.

"Well, are you going to explain or not?" Claude asked bored, even disinterested but the intensity in his eyes spoke otherwise.

So he knew. Knew about the truth about your fake death all along. No wonder he was so unfazed to see you alive and in his palace. That does explain his lack of reaction compared Felix's intense one.

"I..I.." You licked your dry lips as you tried to come up with plausible excuse.

Of course it wasn't you who set up your fake death. You never thought of it honestly. You had a inkling suspicious that Roman and Lawrence had something to do with it. If Claude got suspicious of the lie set up by them, their life could be in danger. You couldn't jeopardize their life. So you decided to lie.

Claude impatiently tapped his fingers, the sound blocking your racing heart ringing in your ears.

You remained silent for too long, once again Claude spoke up.

"You thought it would easy to fool everyone and run away?" Claude said with a cold smirk.

You opened your mouth to rebut but shut it. It was good excuse. Since you couldn't conjure up any, you should go with it.

"Y-Yes. I thought it be better if I covered up any trial that would lead up to me." You struggled to keep your voice even and your expression neutral. "Not that it would've mattered since I doubt anyone thought twice about me going missing."

You paused and tilted your head confused. Did I just self talk myself into depression?

Claude let out a sharp hum that suspiciously sounded like he didn't believe you. Not one bit.

"But here you are, jeopardizing your plan." Claude said slowly, mockingly. "Why? Had enough of traveling around?"

Your lips thinned into firm line. You didn't have anything to counter that. The only reason you came back was for Athy. To take her away from here and change her death that fate had stored in for her.

You fiddled with your fingers trying to ignore the mocking smirk on Claude's face.

"How did you make your double?"

"With Ether's help." You tried to keep the answer short and vague.

Claude stopped tapping his fingers and lazily held in left cheek in his palm. "I presume that stupid cat was the reason why I couldn't detect your presence either."

Hey, don't call my Ether stupid. Only I have the right to call him stupid.

You nodded slowly. You kept your eyes above his chin. His shameless display of bare well-toned chest was making you uncomfortable. Sure he had hot body with eight packs but he didn't have to parade around showing off!

You made a sour face. If only he wasn't so attractive, you wouldn't have this complicated feeling. Blame it on your horny self for finding him irresistible even when you know how much big of a psycho he was.

"How long you been staying at ruby palace?"

Snapping ou of your mental complaints you looked at him nervously.

Should you tell the truth? What if he got mad that you were staying in his palace for over 5 years.

"How long, (Y/n)?" Claude asked sharply, face turning cold. The atmosphere around both of us turned frigid.

"Not so long." You lied. If this dude knew the truth he would probably shove your head onto chopping block and gladly chop off your head.

Maybe you were exaggerating but you were scared shitless. Only gruesome scenarios played out in your head.

"So you decided to stay in my palace without my permission." Claude commented drily, blues eyes glowing in dark amusement.

Your face twisted into panicked one as you froze.

Am I gonna die because of trespassing?

"From your words it seem you are quite comfortable too."

Dammit! I'm so gonna die! I wasn't only trespassing his property but also freeloading too!

You stiffly averted your eyes. Sweating bullets you avoided his accusing eyes.

"So why did you return?"

Your breath hitched, face paling. Your mouth moved like a fish out of water.

You wavered in your answer, "I came to see Diana and I decided to stay for a while."

Claude's face hardened. "The bitch from Siodonna?"

"What?" You couldn't believe your ears. Why was Claude using such words to address Diana. It rubbed you the wrong way.

"Yes, Diana. The mother of your child." You said aggressively, glaring at him.

Claude's jaw twitched, face darkening. He stared at your scowling face with a stiff expression.

"It's same thing."

"No, it's not. Diana is not a bitch. She's Athy mother and your--"

You cut yourself off, shuddering when Claude's eyes turned ice cold. Murderous aura radiating off him.

For a moment he only stared at you before his expression stiffen.

He abruptly clutched his head, face growing taunt with pain.

"Diana?" Claude murmured roughly as if he was remembering something painful.

His confused murmur went unheard by you. You were concerned about him, wary as you watched him rubbing his temple with annoyed face.

"Claude..?" You shot up your feets. Placing your hand in the table for support, you unconsciously reached out your hand to brush his bangs.

Your finger touched his forehead, touch soft and light purely out of concern.

His face snapped up to you, a indescribable emotion flickered within those emotionless blue eyes.

Shit! I just called him by his name!

Startled you pulled back your hand, realizing your subconscious action.

You swallowed hard, heart racing in fear as you stared at his unreadable eyes still clouded by the unknown emotion. "Are you alright?"

Please pardon my action and don't kill me!

"...Leave." Claude said sharply through gritted teeth.

Unsure of the sudden command you lingered, watching him with worried eyes.

Even though minutes ago you wanted to run far away from him but now looking at his pained expression you were reluctant to leave his side.

"Should I call Felix? You seem in pain." You asked, uneasiness in your voice.

"No." Claude however refused, only repeating his command more coldly. "Just leave."

You hesitantly got to your feet. You were unsure if you should stay or leave. Claude still seem in pain. You didn't want to leave him in that condition. But you couldn't refuse his order.

Gulping down your reluctance, you strode towards the door.

But you didn't go far when Claude's low, downright terrifying voice reached your ears. You stopped, feets freezing up.

"Don't leave without my permission. You're not allowed to."

His words dumped bucket of ice cold water on you. You jolted, eyes widening and mouth going dry. There goes your plan to escape.

"If I caught you escaping, you won't like the consequences that would follow."

You didn't turn around but you could picture his signature cold glare.

"I will hunt you down if I have to so stay at Ruby palace until further notice."

"R-Right..." You croaked out, quickly leaving the room.

As your feet sped walked towards the Ruby palace, you finally came in terms with the fact that you couldn't leave.

You were trapped by the person you tried so hard to stay away from. You didn't know what the future had in store for you. But one thing was sure you were going to give it all to stay alive.

There was no way in hell you were dying this time. Not by Claude's hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 16.2K 51
Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter only to dot on his niece. Life is truly un...
13.5K 418 8
LOVELY PRINCESS NOVEL AU. The abandoned and neglected princess of the obelia empire Athanasia de alger obelia who only want the love of her father, b...
97.4K 2.5K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...
2.4K 150 13
Im Hwa-Young, a devoted fan of the fantasy novel cherished the character of Alethea de Alger Obelia. With an abundance of affection in her heart, sh...