Take Me to Church// R.A.B

By fanficbyalo

"what are you thinking of?" asked Gracie. "I'm just thinking about how different life could be if my mother... More

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY

TWENTY SEVEN

276 10 1
By fanficbyalo

OPEN DOORS

Breakfast.

Family.

Mail.

Sleep.

Breakfast.

Family.

Mail.

Sleep.

Gracie's summer had become an endless cycle of boredom days. Same thing; everyday. The only new thing around her home was that Mary MacDonald was staying over this summer. It made it easier with Mary here, it had given Gracie less time to spend with her older sister. Not that she had minded her sister, Gracie had been feeling off with her whole situation with Regulus. Well, the fact that there wasn't a situation but that the two weren't a thing anymore. Not even friends.

Luckily, she has one person who she is willing to talk to, and this time it wasn't her older brother, but her best friend Emmaline. It was great going over her feeling with Emmaline, it was better than going over to Marlene for a rant. Emmaline would be the kind of person who would just be there and listen to you willingly, not giving you her piece of advice but she had still found a way to say the right things to poor Gracie. Sadly, Emmaline was not staying over the McKinnon's home. With the big family living in a small home, it was hard to have people over, even for at least for some dinner. Only one outsider is allowed over the summer/breaks, and this summer, it was Marlene's turn.

"BREAKFAST" Gracie's mother yelled out from the downstairs. Immediately, you could hear the sound of people racing down the stairs into the kitchen.

Gracie quickly sealed her letter and passed it on to the family's owl.

"Hey Snow, mind taking this over to Emmaline Ruthless?" The brown feathered owl gave a small hoot before taking off.

"What took you so long?" Her mother asked as soon as Gracie reached the last few steps.

"I was mailing a letter over to Emmaline." Gracie tried to spoke happily.

Marlene gave a smirk over to Grace.

"Are you sure it was to Em? Or was it mailed over to a handsome black hair curled boy?" Marlene spoke in a smart tone, Mary had also given Gracie an uplifted smile.

"If you're talking about Regulus, no it wasn't to him it was sent to Emmaline like I had said." Gracie snapped as we added bread onto her plate.

Both Mary and Marlene had given Gracie a confused look. Only Andrew was the one who asked "What happened between you two?"

Gracie shrugged, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone.

"Nothing, we just had a fallout."

"Oh I'm sorry sweetie, I knew you really liked the boy." Her mother said with a pout. Gracie knew that her mother was being sincere, but those words and that face had only made Gracie angry. Luckily, Gracie was well at hiding her anger around people.

"Wh-" Marlene started, wanting to ask more questions about Regulus, but was cut off by Andrew's fake irrupted cough.

Gracie mouthed Andrew a simple 'Thank You' shortly after that.

<3

"I don't know why Lily just doesn't admit that she's jealous that James is in a very serious relationship." Mary goes off as she paints Gracie's nails.

"Hmm yeah or maybe she's just sad that she doesn't have James's main attention anymore." Marlene talks from the other side of the room.

"You think she's like that?"

"For all the years that I've known Lily, she's never really shown much interest into James Potter's life. She just wasn't that kind of gal, but to be honest, now I don't know anymore. Maybe she does have feelings for him." Marlene admits.

"Ha, and from what we thought we were relieved that he had moved on" Mary laughed.

Tapping noises were coming from the window, Marlene gets up and receives the letters that Snow was giving.

"Lily, Dorcas, Rem, Em, Tate, and huh no Regulus. Did something happen between you two?" Marlene asks giving Gracie's her letters.

"Hmm and no Sirius, did something happen with you two?" Gracie asked in the same questioning looks as Marlene was giving her.

Marlene rolled her eyes "Alright alright, I get it you don't want to talk to me. Why not go over to Andrew then?"

"Because, he's been spending his time out with Cade."

"They're such a cute couple." Mary stated.

"Of course you love them." Marlene smirked over to Mary as Mary just shook her head.

Gracie didn't bother to ask Marlene what she had meant instead she was reading Tatum's letter.

Gracie,

I've heard what happened between you and Reg, and by that I mean that I know more than what you had told me that day. I'm pretty disappointed in Regulus I must say. Him and I had gotten along while you two were somewhat together. It actual killed me when I found out, I thought I finally found an actual guy friend. Not that I'm tired of Emmaline and you, but it was just nice to have that. But my pain is nothing compared to yours. Hope you feel better soon, and honestly, don't let that Slytherin boy get you down again.

Tatum

Gracie had all of the emotions crushing down on her as she read Tatum's letter. She couldn't have known anyone else that knew about Regulus, so it must've been from him. Now she only felt hopeless, but, at the same time she was also grateful to have a friend like Tatum.

"You alright Grace?" Mary questioned.

"Yeah yeah of course. Umm I should go back and respond to Tate some cool news just came out." Gracie immediately had gotten up, getting all of her belonging and quickly trying to head out the door.

"Oh what's new?" Marlene had asked.

"Oh nothing big." Gracie faked out a laugh and and exited out the door.

Gracie went into her room and grabbed a blank sheet of paper and a pen.

Dear Tatum,

She did not know were to start. She had so many questions, but they were all questions that she could answer herself, so why should she ask them? But she still had to talk about the topic to Tatum, she just did not know how. Gracie sat there longer than fifteen minutes and still had nothing else written. She had only stopped staring at the paper when someone had entered her bedroom. It was Marlene.

"What's wrong?" Gracie questioned.

Marlene laughed "Honestly, I should be the one asking you that question."

Gracie just sat there, trying to act clueless.

Marlene gave Gracie a continuation look, but once she had noticed that Gracie wasn't going to say anythings she said "So what's wrong?"

Gracie tried her best to not roll her eyes at her sisters question, she was still not ready to talk about this to anyone else.

"I don't want to talk about it." Gracie said honestly.

"Then lets go out." Marlene had gotten up and stole a pair of Gracie's shoes and was heading her way out the door.

"What? No HEY THOSE ARE MY SHOES!" Gracie was now running towards Marlene barefoot.

"Oh c'mon you've got plenty of other shoes for you to wear! If you really want them back you'll get them after our walk. CMON NOW!" Marlene yelled out.

"MOM WE"LL BE RIGHT BACK PLEASE GIVE MARY SOME NICE COMPANY!"

"Mary's not coming with us?" Gracie questioned.

"No"

"Won't she'll be upset? Or mad?"

"I'll make it up to her." Marlene gave Gracie a knowing smirk, although Gracie had no idea what she had meant.

"So, what has been troubling your mind?" Marlene asked once again.

"I know I shouldn't be revolving my world around some guy but... I don't know I just can't get over him." Gracie began, careful with her words.

"I'm assuming this is about Regulus." Marlene stated as Gracie said nothing.

"Well little sis, when you really truly like somebody you honestly cannot get over them. No matter how hard they or you try, they will always be on your mind. Even when you're with somebody else. I'm guessing that's how you're feeling right now isn't it?" Marlene asked.

"Yeah, that's actually quite accurate."

"Don't sound surprised. I did get my action before I met well actually I don't know." Marlene gave out a nervous laugh.

"What do you mean you don't know? What happen between you and Sirius?" Gracie now stopped walking and turn to face her sister.

"Nothing bad, we're still great buddies. We just realized that we aren't meant to be?" Marlene furrowed her eyebrows and so did Grace.

"Why did that come out as a question?"

Marlene sighed. "I don't know, It's hard to explain."

"Try, I bet I could help you out."

Marlene laughed "No offense sis, but I'm pretty sure that I'm the one with the most experience in the whole love thing."

"Who said anything about loving? It could've just been a liking."

Marlene was surprised at Gracie's words.

"Ye- yeah. I think that was it, between me and Sirius I guess."

Gracie smirked. "People don't need that much of experience in love to give out that kind of advice."You know love comes in all different ways. Maybe what you've got with Sirius is just platonic."

Marlene was baffled. "Yeah that's exactly what we've got. Damn Grace I didn't know that you were so wise beyond your years!" she joked.

"Hey! Why did hat come off as sarcastic?"

"Because you still have troubles in your love island!" Marlene pointed out.

"Oh shut it, you act like you didn't a couple seconds ago!" She slapped Marlene playfully.

"Race you back home!" Marlene yelled as she was already sprinting her way back to the McKinnon's home.

"Wha- Not fair!" Gracie yelled back trying to catch up.

<3

Gracie now laid on her bed happily. Thinking over back to the talk that she just shared with her sister. She didn't admit this to her sister, but Gracie herself was impressed with the advice that she had given to her older sister. Now, she wondered if her sister could repay her with some good advice as well. Of course, this meant that Gracie had to share a bit of information about her thing with Regulus. But, that did not mean to give out exactly everything, and by everything, that meant not giving away the fact that Regulus Black is indeed a Death Eater. Gracie was still nervous.

In the matter of time, she had finally gotten up from her bed and was heading towards Marlene's room. It may have been late at night, but she was sure that her sister was up with Mary around. She just didn't know what to expect when she opened the door. And let me say, this was not in the mind of Grace's when she wondered what her sister and sister's best friend might be doing around this time.

Gracie opened the door to see her sister half-naked sitting on top of Mary and snogging.

Gracie couldn't not hold in her loud gasp.

"Oh this is what you meant by paying Mary back MERLIN'S BEARD!" Gracie had her hand over her eyes as she said that, and immediately after that she shut the door.

Gracie went straight to her room and pretended to sleep.

Minutes later, someone had gone inside of her room, they then slowly sat down by her feat. Gracie had no need to be frighten, for her already knowing who it was.

"Hey Grace, we need to talk." Marlene sounded as if she was sick.

Gracie sighed. "Please don't. I already know it was my mistake for barging into your room so late at night!" Gracie covered herself with a blanket, feeling embarrassed.

"What?" Marlene's voice sounded genuinely surprised.

Gracie furrowed her eyebrows then soon popped her head out of the covers.

"What you?" Gracie questioned slowly.

"Gracie do you know what you just saw?" Gracie had now gotten a better look of Marlene by the light that shined through the small crack of her door. Marlene was crying.

"Yes, why- why are you crying?" Gracie gotten up and handed Marlene something to clean her face with.

"Why are you acting as if everything's alright?" Marlene asked.

Gracie was now confused "Cause everything is? What's wrong with you?"

Marlene scoffed. "See that's what I'm afraid of."

"Of what? Telling me that you like girls?"

Marlene soon went quite after that.

"Wait that's it huh? You're scared of who you like?" Gracie questioned.

"No, I'm not afraid of liking girls or Mary for a matter of fact, but of what people think of me! I'm worried of what you may think of me! Your older sister a freak!"

"Woah hey let's not go that far. What, this is insane! Mars do you really think that I'm going to judge you off by the people you like? Out of all the things, this is what make you think that I might be weirded out by you?" Gracie wanted to laugh so hard, but she didn't feel as if it was right with her sister crying in front of her.

"Marlene you eat your fries with ice-cream. Like you literally dip them in there, that's weird!"

Marlene was now laughing through her tears, not finally letting Grace laughing out loud with her.

"Merlin Mars, I could never think wrong of you. Especially not for you loving whoever you may love! I would be a terrible sister if I'd ever think that way. Plus, did you forget that our older brother is gay?"

"Merlin Grace you're making me sound as if I'm stupid."

"You may not bring home the best grades, but I'd still never do that." Gracie admitted.

Marlene playfully hit Grace's arm.

"Hey that one actually hurt!"

"Suck it up!" Marlene replied.

Gracie smiled, she finally got her sister to stop crying.

"Now, please tell me why on EARTH did you barge into my room so late?" Marlene asked after she had collected herself.

Gracie was back to feeling embarrassed.

"Well, umm it's actually not that important anymore. Especially for after what i saw, it really doesn't matter tonight."

"are you sure?"

"Of course, plus you should be heading back over to Mary right now. Imagine how she may feel right now!"

"Yes, but are you okay?" Marlene asked once again.

Gracie smiled. "Of course, I am. Now, tell me why you coming out had gotten us much closer as sisters?" Gracie asked, much for wanting to change the subject.

Marlene smiled while getting up "It didn't. it just made our relationship much brighter!"

"Tell Mary I said sorry."

"Copy that!" Marlene replied.

In this moment, Gracie had now felt truly happy. She didn't even notice that this night was the only time where she didn't sleep thinking about Regulus. Good thoughts are now in mind.

<3<3<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 7.6K 69
𝘈𝘥𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴... 𝘪𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥...
191K 7K 41
[EDITING] clandestine meetings and longing stares... ( james potter x fem! oc / fabian prewett x fem! oc ) ( marauders era ) ( started: 07/03/22 - f...
16.2K 584 30
Y/n Potter and Regulus Black realize that they're not so different after all. Will their friendship be accepted? Maybe, maybe not Will they care? No...
953 64 8
❝ 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋? ❞ ― 𝖺𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖺 𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗆𝗈𝗂𝗅 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗒𝖺𝗅𝗌, 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂...