Take Me to Church// R.A.B

By fanficbyalo

"what are you thinking of?" asked Gracie. "I'm just thinking about how different life could be if my mother... More

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY

TWENTY SIX

331 7 3
By fanficbyalo

UNWANTED

It was the last weekend of Gracie's fifth year at Hogwarts, and she had been spending the last Saturday morning in bed.

She felt angry. Angry at Regulus for filling her up with so much excitement and so much love, and all of that just to be taken away right after the moment that they had shared. Of course she was angry at him. She couldn't even bare to say his name in her head. He just now went by "toe-rag". Not even that, but she felt some sort of resentment coming from her best friend as well. This end of the year couldn't had gotten worse with just the way it is. Gracie wanted it all to be over.

Now, she was the only one left in the girl dormitory. Emmaline didn't even mention that she was heading over to get breakfast, and she always did. Gracie couldn't even cry, she felt as if she was just hit with the Glacius charm. She was just cold and still. Not being able to let out a single tear.

She was resting in bed when a soft knock sound came from the door. It was strange since this room was required to all girls, neither of them had to knock for permission to get in. Unless it wasn't a girl. Gracie gotten up with her blanket and headed over to open the door, and as she did she sees Tatum standing there with a plate of her usual breakfast meal.

"Tat-"

"Gracie let me in before any one comes sees me. NOW!"

"Oh! Uh come in." She opened the door wider and shut it as soon as Tatum had stepped in.

"Got you your usual. Emmaline entered the the Hall without you, and she didn't bare to speak or to look at me so I was hoping that you would come in soon. When you didn't I simply figured that you were with Regulus, but he was there looking more depressed then ever." Tatum ranted off then stopped as he saw the look on Gracie's face.

"Oh, did something happened between you two?" He asked with true concern.

"He sent a letter saying what he usually says when something serious happens between us, but I think this time he really want me to back off." Gracie spoke tiredly. Although she had gotten plenty of sleep before what happened, she couldn't help but to be tired with all of this.

"Really? After even when you two well did what you did." Tatum said awkwardly.

"Shagged Tatum. You can say it because it's true." Now she sounded angry.

"Are you sure it wasn't more than that?"

"Well obviously he didn't" She shoved the letter over to Tatum as if it was burning her.

He read the short letter, and made a both questioning and angry face. "I'm gonna go talk to him." Tatum grumbled.

Gracie quickly reached out "No! Don't! Please."

"Why? All of a sudden you don't want to be with him? You broke up with a handsome bloke for him!" Tatum 's voice slightly grew louder.

Gracie winced "I know! But it would've been over with me and Sonnian sometime. First relationships don't really last long."

"Why not try again with Reg-"

"Because I'm done trying! Every time I try he always pushes me away, and ignores me for the following week of course stops when I come running back and convinces him. Well I'm done convincing." Gracie sat on her bed, Tatum walked over to sit with her a couple moments later.

"I'm sorry. I guess you're write. It just sucks because I see how much you guys like each other, and you guys not even being together feels wrong." Gracie shook her head at Tatum's words.

"Yeah, that's how I feel when looking at you and Emmaline."

Tatum blushed "But we've never gotten as far as you and Regulus did."

"No, but what you two got is pure."

Tatum looked over at Gracie then said "So are you two."

By now tears had finally start to emerge in Gracie's eyes.

<3

By the time that Tatum left Gracie stayed behind feeling still. She meant what she had said. She was tired of chasing over to Regulus to change his mind. So, she was focusing on apologizing to Emmaline for what she had said.

It took long enough for her to come back into the dormitory.

"Where have you been?" Gracie questioned as she saw Emmaline in the room.

"Why do you care?" Emmaline snapped once again.

Gracie could now tell that you wouldn't want to be on Emmaline's bad side. She made a mental note to that.

"I just do. You're my best friend Em I'm supposed to care. Unless, you don't want to be friends anymore." It sucks. Having your first fight with your first true friend already breaking up. It hurts than having to breakup and actual relationship.

Emmaline stopped what she was doing then slowly turned around to look at Grace straight in the eye.

"I don't wanna stop being friends. You're the first girl friend that I've got." Emmaline's voice broke in the last bit.

Gracie let out a sigh of relief, "And neither do I. You and Tatum were the first friend I have here in Hogwarts."

"Gosh I'm so stupid." Emmaline let out her own sigh.

"No you're not!"

"Yes I am! Oh and I'm so stubborn for ignoring you and Tatum for the stupidest feelings!"

"You're feelings is something that everyone should take account for, and they are most definitely not stupid." Gracie was now comforting Emmaline with a warm hug.

"I've missed you. We haven't even been fighting for a week and here I am feeling like I haven't seen you in years!" Em was letting out all the stress.

"It was horrible not being able to see you, and you are stubborn but I love you for it." Emmaline chuckled through her tears.

"Hmm so what did I miss? Why have you been locking yourself in here?" the brunette questioned as she had finally collected herself.

"Oh you know, the usual. Regulus is not talking to me. In fact he wants myself erased from his life." Gracie spoke out as if it was nothing.

"What? What do you mean what happened?"

"Well, actually it is a serious thing to talk about, but i still think that he's in the wrong. You know our differences. Him not thinking we could be anything, let alone being friends, but that didn't really stop him from us having sex."

"WHAT" Emmaline yelled out.

"Yeah, and actually Em could not tell anyone about this OH and me losing my virginity to him too but what I'm about to say is more serious."

"What could be more serious than you losing your virginity?" Emmaline was genuinely asking.

"Seriously Em, you cannot tell anyone not even Tatum."

"Like I'm even talking to him at this point."

Gracie was now giving Emmaline a stern look, "Sorry, go on."

Gracie looked around the room to check if anyone else was in. Luckily, there was not so she had went straight to the point.

"Regulus is a Death Eater."

Emmaline's face paled as her eyes and mouth widen.

"Gracie you-"

"I had known before we had sex." Gracie talked again.

"And you still ha-"

"Yes. Now, he sent me a letter saying how we can't be a thing anymore a thing anymore, and by that it means nothing!" Gracie let it out, she was hoping that Emmaline wouldn't think so wrongly of her, even with all the things that happened the past couple of days.

When Emmaline didn't speak but only stare Gracie began to cry "Merlin you must think I'm stupid."

"No, of course not! Gracie you are my best friend and nothing that you could do would change that! I don't blame you for anything, and even with my discomfort with Regulus being a De- Death E-ater does not mean that you'll no longer be my friend." Emmaline had tried her best to bring such comfort to Gracie, but it didn't work as well.

"You can't even say the word."

"Because that word scares me."

"Does Regulus scare you?"

Emmaline looked taken back "Of course not! But that's not who he is Gracie you must know that! Everything that he's done hasen't once made me afraid of him... Except for this.

"It shouldn't be any different."

"Gracie stop. This does make a difference, and its a huge difference if he was the one willing to get the mark. You know what this means. Gracie you're a muggle born. I'm actually taking a well liking in him more for not wanting you to be involved with this."

"But this hurts. Him taking up to the finest name of the noble house of Black does not scare me. Him leaving me is what scares me the most." Gracie was sobbing by now.

"He only wants what's best for you Grace. He cares for you so much." Emmaline took Gracie into her arms as she sobs into her small shoulder.

"I know. I hate to admit it but I must. This hurts." Gracie sobbed more.

<3

On the other side of the castle there was Tatum roaming around trying to take his mind off things. Meanwhile, he bumped into someone on his walk.

"Sor-" Tatum began but stopped as he saw who it was.

"Regulus."

Regulus didn't bother to say anything. Only gave the smallest knowledge of having to bump into somebody, he gave s short nod and began to walk away.

"Wait." Tatum quickly reached out on Regulus's arm, keeping a strong grip on it.

As expected, Regulus had said nothing but had now looked rather much annoyed.

"You're not going to say anything? You don't think I know?" Tatum voice raised higher with every word that came out of his mouth. Regulus face had paled.

"You k-know?" He finally spoke, but it had sounded like he hadn't. With him having to breath out the question in a very low whisper.

"Of course I know! Maybe Gracie is very close with Emmaline but so are we, and I care for you so how could you do that!" Tatum let go of Regulus's arm and began pushing him back.

"You act like I had a choice." Regulus spoke angrily with his tensed shoulders holding him straight up.

Tatum let out a scoff, "Hasn't Gracie given you enough reasons onto why it shouldn't matter? Merlin do you even care for you? All I see you now days is going over to her just to play with her feelings and leaving her in the end!"

"Of course I care for her, and don't go on and telling everyone what she's told you." Regulus was now grabbing Tatum by his collar with a strong grip.

Tatum laughed. "Why? You're scared of what your cult member family will say about you and Grace? LIKE HELL! You never even cared for her have you?" Tatum yelled out practically spitting on Regulus's face.

"OF COURSE I CARE FOR HER! I'VE ALWAYS CARED FOR HER AND I'LL ALWAYS WILL! You really think so low of me? When all I do and all I ever think about is her. Everything I do is for her, and I don't think it's so selfish for me to do this. I always put her feelings first before mine, MERLIN I EVEN PUT HER FUTURE AHEAD OF MY OWN!" Regulus had a strong grip on Tatum that it had made his face paled.

"Let.Go. Of. Me!" Tatum breathed out, and as soon as those words came out of his mouth reality had quickly swept Regulus's mind onto what he was doing. He immediately let go of his grip on Tatum, and had began to slowly walk away trying to blink away the tears that crept in.

"Regulus wait!"Tatum yelped out.

Regulus stopped but didn't look back.

"What did you do?" Tatum questioned still breathing out for some more air.

After a moment of silence Regulus finally spoke out in a disappointed flat voice. "I lived up to the name of noble house of Black. I'm a Death Eater." He stood there for a moment letting the words sink in with his tears. Then, he left leaving Tatum with those words that he did not want to hear.

Fifth year ended the next day.

<3<3<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 584 30
Y/n Potter and Regulus Black realize that they're not so different after all. Will their friendship be accepted? Maybe, maybe not Will they care? No...
191K 7K 41
[EDITING] clandestine meetings and longing stares... ( james potter x fem! oc / fabian prewett x fem! oc ) ( marauders era ) ( started: 07/03/22 - f...
1.3M 37.4K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...
354 9 7
"We can leave this all behind," "I want to know what its like to walk away from this life," - - In the end, a war needs to be fought. regulus black x...