Take Me to Church// R.A.B

Od fanficbyalo

"what are you thinking of?" asked Gracie. "I'm just thinking about how different life could be if my mother... Více

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY

TWENTY FIVE

342 10 0
Od fanficbyalo

NIGHT AFTER

They had done more that night.

She could not believe it. She woke up in a room in which she could not recognize. She toppled on someone's body who seemed to laced their fingers within hers. She began feeling nervous as she could not remember where she was or more specifically, who she was with.

Until she glanced up to see Regulus staring right ahead with one hand comforting her head and the other holding her hand. Gracie was stunned. She started remembering everything that had happened before and how easily she had forgotten although she was completely sober.

"Rhett?" Gracie whispered.

Regulus glanced over to she Gracie in his arms.

"Where am I?" She asked as she saw how Regulus did not bare to speak.

"After the Black lake we stayed on the grass until it had gotten cold, but you were already asleep by then and I could not just leave you there. With no access in leaving you in your dorm, I had to bring you back to mine and then we- we."

'Then we went for a round two.' A voice in Gracie's head spoken.

"Oh." She responded awkwardly. Staring anywhere else besides him, even though she was cuddled up with him naked.

"How do you manage to keep the rest of the others out?" She asked as she saw the emptied beds all around the room.

"Locked them out of course. Don't worry it happens usually happens." He began to play with her hair unconsciously as he seemed to get a bit nervous.

"People know that you're with someone." Gracie's voice sounded scared.

"Yes, but they don't know that it's you." He stated as he carefully untangled his hand from her hair.

"Then let's keep it that way." She sat up and instantly missed the heat of his body, but ignored the feeling as she began to look for her clothes.

"Gracie." Regulus sat straighter.

"I hoped nothing has changed between us."

Gracie cheeks grew hot. Luckily, she was not looking at his direction.

"Of course not. Although, do know that I had gotten out of a relationship and how awkward I may be when we enter class. Or when I see you in the halls." She slightly cringed at the last part, but it was true.

She heard him slightly chuckle, "Of course. I'll give you some time then."

"Let me just check that you're clear to go. Cant risk anyone seeing you." He got up and slipped a sweater on himself along with some sweats. It's the first time she had actually seen him in some regular clothing. He looked like a muggle. But, by the way that he stood and with that mask of uncertainty sat on his face you could clearly see where he'd belong.

He came back with a matter of seconds nodding constant as he stood several feet from her without looking at her straight in the eye.

"You may leave, but don't try and get caught. Please."

She wasn't sure if he added the begging part because he was worried of what might happened to her or him whether she would gotten caught. But that did not matter because in the end, Regulus would've gotten the worst part of it.

"Alright." Gracie said slowly unsure of what to say or is next.

Regulus only nodded. "I suggest you to go now. It's pretty early. It's actually still dark out but I do recommend leaving before anyone wakes up." He concluded.

Gracie nodded and let herself walk past him. Without saying a word, she had left.

She entered the Gryffindor common room attempting to act "normal" as possible.

"Gracie?"

Gracie stopped in her tracks then looked up to see Tatum on the couch looking exhausted.

"Tatum, hey! Wha- what are you doing here?" Gracie questioned not truly wondering why Tatum would be spending his sleepless nights in the common room, but she had needed to distract him.

"Oh um I could not sleep last night, and I just came here to clear off my head." Tatum stood awkwardly and talked tiredly as he seemed to pluck every bit of energy he has left.

Gracie furrowed her eyebrows at him, "Oh is something going on?"

Tatum sighed, "well I recently broke up whatever thing I had with Brown, but that's not really affecting me."

"Then what is?" She questioned. Gracie wasn't dumb. She knew exactly what was on her friends mind, she just needed him to say it out loud to finally conclude it.

Tatum had given another deep sigh. "Emmaline won't talk to me."

Gracie nodded helplessly "I've figured. Not even after you and Brown had broken off?"

"Well, we weren't really a thing so I saw no need into telling her anything, and is she's not talking to me because of her? That's outrageous!" Tatum said angrily but puffed out a blow of air. "No offense to her though."

Gracie gave him and awkward shrug. She knew Tatum would never do anything to offend anyone, but when it comes to terms like these she could not blame him.

"You're girlfriend was a bit obnoxious." She said quietly as if Brown had been on the other side of the room.

"But she was not even my girlfriend!"

"What girlfriend?"

Gracie and Tatum both turn to see Emmaline who's wearing a long sleeved floral dress that had cut off on her mid thigh. She even seemed to wear a bit of makeup. Tatum's mouth opened in a slight gap.

"Oh, Em you look amazing! Doesn't she Tatum?" Gracie looked back at Tatum who would not move.

Gracie looked back at Emmaline to find a way out of the awkwardness. "Tatum was just telling me how him and Brown aren't in speaking terms anymore." Gracie spoke with a disappointed tone, but her expressions showed the opposite.

Emmaline's eyes widen, "Re- Really? You've stopped seeing that hag?"

Gracie coughed loudly to stop Emmaline from saying anymore. Emmaline stilled. "Did you really like her?" She asked with a concern look, as Tatum rolled his eyes.

"We weren't dating at all Em!" He said exhaustedly.

"Now, where are you going?" Tatum with a quirked eyebrow.

"Since you asked nicely, I've gotten myself a date." Emmaline said sarcastically.

"With who?" Tatum asked abruptly.

"With a boy in Hufflepuff name Conner Smith." Emmaline spoke in a confident tone but her body language was uncomfortable.

"A Hufflepuff?" Tatum was in disbelief.

"Oh the blonde boy?" Gracie asked.

"Yes! And what do you have against Hufflepuffs?"

"Nothing, besides the fact that they're the most boringest house."

"Boringest isn't a word Tate and no they aren't! My mothers a Hufflepuff and she happens to be a very interesting one." Emmaline snapped.

"Tatum how dare you insult her mother?" Gracie said in a cautious tone but was obviously joking, but then again nobody had gotten the joke.

"Why are you even going on date? This years almost over you won't even be able to see him again!" Tatum debated.

"There's always the concept of writing letters! Merlin Tatum why has this got you all worked up?" Emmaline asked exhaustedly.

"Yeah Tatum i wonder what got your panties in a twist." Gracie smirked over at Tatum as he looked over and glared at her.

"Nothing. Now why don't you go aren't you late for your date?" He did not even try to speak in a manner tone.

"Don't tell me what to do." Emmaline snapped again.

"Tell him Em! Don't let a man ever tell you what to do!" Gracie preached all the way from the couch. Now, she's finally got the twos confused glances.

"Now, where were you last night?" Emmaline asked Grace as her eyes slightly widen.

"What do you mean?" Gracie asked trying out that fake 'unknowingly' glance at the two.

"I mean that you never came back after dinner. Where'd you run off too?" Emmaline asked seriously, although deep down it seemed as if she had already known.

"I went to bed early." They still didn't believe her.

"Seriously i did! Of course you didn't notice me in bed because you were wondering where Tatum whereabouts rather than mine." Gracie tried again and obviously this worked better since the little blush that crept onto Emmaline's face and with Tatum's sudden questioning of "Why were you worrying where I was?"

Emmaline glared at Gracie.

"We've been friends for the longest Tate. I always worry where you are when you're not around." She stared at him with trusting eyes, then added on to her sentence with a bit of disdain "unlike with Grace."

By then, Gracie had instantly regretted what she said. She did not mean to say it, just at the same time she did. She had only wanted them to finally realize what such a big liking thy have on each other, but tonight just wasn't the night.

"I've got to go. I told Conner that I would meet him by now." Emmaline left without giving Gracie another glanced and without saying a goodbye to Tatum.

"Do you think that?" Tatum began but was cut off by Gracie by his slowed words.

"That she has a sight crush on you? Yeah." Gracie answered.

Tatum let go to what sounded both a relief and frustrated sigh.

"But she doesn't-"

"Doesn't know that you also has a slight fancy feeling as well? Nope." She cut him off again.

Tatum shook his head, "but mine isn't small. I really really like Emmaline. Merlin I've been fancying her since the day I've met her! I'm- I'm in love with her."

Gracie did not know that this was how her morning was going to be.

"Tate I-"

"But of course I could not tell her. Like you said 'small liking' here, plus she's out with Conner the Hufflepuff boy. Most interesting." Tatum sounded annoyed and obviously a tone of jealous was clear onto his voice. Gracie loved it.

"She said that about her mother. The 'interesting' part. Now, let's figure out how you're gonna tell her." Gracie began but this time she was cut of by Tatum.

"NO!" He yelled and Gracie looks shocked.

He cleared his thought then said "I mean, no. Didn't you just hear what I just said? I cant tell her she's with someone else now!"

"But not for long." Gracie tried to reassure him.

"What are you planning?" Tatum asked slightly scared at whatever she might say.

"Nothing bad! Look, first time relationships don't end up very long. Especially when there's some other guy that they might like and someone who they have history with."

"Like what you and Regulus have?" Tatum asked.

"NO! I mean, no. It's what you and Emmaline have! I've seen you two. The way you both stare at each other is insane. The same with how long you guys have been going on without anything really going on! "

"You really think we could be together?" Tatum asked hopefully.

"Of course! You guys are so whipped for each other!" Gracie beamed.

"Okay we're not that in-l

"Yes you are! Don't even lie!"

Tatum smiled at Grace for awhile then finally said, "So what's new with Reggie?"

Gracie blushed "what you mean? I haven't spoken to him since-"

"Since last night."

"Oh, what makes you think that?" Gracie asked in a surprised tone.

"Oh I don't know maybe that very noticeable hickey you got there." Tatum smiled then pushed off a piece of her hair back to get a better look at the love mark.

"Hey!" Gracie slapped his hand away and blushed harder.

"Don't tell anyone!" Gracie whispered angrily as she heard others coming down into the common room.

"Ahh the last weekend of our sixth year at Hogwarts! What a pleasure it may be!" Mary McDonald said as she stepped down from the stairs along with Gracie's sister and Lily.

"I just can't wait to finally graduate. Already knowing most of the material, and oh how it sucks to already be of age and to still be in school." Marlene took a seat that was very close to Mary's.

"Hey sis! How does it feel that soon you'll be seventeen and would still have to live in this hmm I don't know a place where kids may be around?"Marlene asked Grace.

"Oh stop it you've only been seventeen for five months." Lily spoke from behind.

"And that's long enough to still be older than most of you children!" Marlene proclaimed.

Gracie laughed. Her and Marlene where only eleven months apart. Every time Marlene's birthday came along, Gracie's was just right around the corner. A very close corner it may be.

"Well we must get going! Cant spend time being here all weekend with out any memories? Chop chop!" Marlene sat up and began to walk out the door.

Moments later Gracie and Tatum where back to where they were; alone.

"Well I must go upstairs I'm very tired." Gracie yawned.

"Oh yes, Merlin's know how long you've been up acting like bunnies." Tatum sarcastically said. As Gracie quickly grabbed a pillow and threw it at the brunettes face aggressively.

      ________LATER THAT DAY_________

Gracie had spent the remaining of the day in bed. Catching up in her rest that she did not get last night. During the night, Emmaline had entered the room very late.

"Did you have fun on your date?" Gracie asked as she moved onto the left side of the bed for Emmaline to sit. It took minutes for Emmaline to sit down. Still unsure if shes been wanting to sit with Gracie or not.

"Are you still mad at me?" Gracie questioned.

"No, at least not anymore. I'm more upset now, but it doesn't really matter now." By now Emmaline had finally bothered to lay down next to Gracie on the small twin bed.

"Of course it matters Em. You're feelings matters to me." Gracie persisted.

"I'm sorry for making it a bit noticeable to Tatum about your feelings towards him. I never should've done it. I-"

"It's okay Grace. There's nothing to worry about now, I'm with Conner now." Emmaline spoke out.

Gracie let her mouth drop a bit. "What? You go on with this guy for one date and that's it?"

"Hey! It was a very fun date!" Emmaline protested.

"But you don't really like him do you? At least not as you like Ta-"

"Enough with Tatum Gracie! It's never going to happen." Emmaline had snapped at Grace for the first time. It even made Gracie scared to let out another word. For her not wanting to ruin the first pure friendship that shes got.

"I'm going off to my bed now. Goodnight Grace." Emmaline spoke out quietly as she gotten off the bed and onto a new one.

Gracie let out a soft sigh then went back to sleep.

During the night Gracie woke up to a soft tapping noise to her window. She got up to go see what it is, and it turned out to be someones owl. It was quite strange to have a letter arriving to you other than in the Owlery or in the Great Hall. So, she had grabbed the letter from the grey owl thinking that the letter must've been important

She looked at the letter to see her name written in it, with Regulus's handwriting. She recognized that it was his since it matched the written words in her shared "Gone With The Wind" copy. In which she had shared with Reg at one point.

She opened the letter and read;

Dear Gracie,

I apologize for what I am about to say, but you must understand that this is for the better.

We cannot go on seeing each other. It doesn't matter if it's by an intimate relationship or either with a simple friendship. Again, this is for the better.

Maybe in another lifetime,

R.A.B

Gracie was in a state of shock, that she did not bother to go back to sleep.

<3<3<3

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

16.1K 584 30
Y/n Potter and Regulus Black realize that they're not so different after all. Will their friendship be accepted? Maybe, maybe not Will they care? No...
362K 13.8K 172
Aimee Burke had been raised to be independent and strong-willed, all for her future success. A distant father and an overbearing mother, makes her da...
3.3M 106K 43
The year after her brother James graduates, Teddy Potter returns to Hogwarts for her final year. With the Marauders gone, it should be a quiet, peace...
221K 7.5K 69
𝘈𝘥𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴... 𝘪𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥...