Can You Love Me Most? | ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๏ฟฝ...

By jxlvpin

"๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐ค๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐—ผ ๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’‡๐’‚๐’„๐’†, ๐ˆ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ - ๐‘ฐ ๐’Œ๐’๐’†๐’˜." ฯŸ Selene Black is the younge... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
1| Hello
2| Dementor! Dementor!
3| First Lesson
4| Nice Isn't He?
5| We Meet Again
6| Patronus
7| Brother
8| It Can't Be, Can It?
9| T H E T R U T H
10| Opinion
11| Heal
12| Waterloo
13| The Marauder's Map
14| Innocent
15| Holidays
16| Under the Mistletoe
17| Christmas Bliss
18| Trust Gred and Feorge
19| Triumph
20| Tighter Security
21| Hurt
22| Monica's Discovery
23| Valentine's Day
24| Killjoy
25| Remus's 34th
26| Hermione
27| A Change of Patronus
28| Confessions
29| The Fight
30| Regrets
31| Champions
32| Luke Montez
33| Exams
34| Padfoot's Plan
35| Mission Slightly Failed
36| Chaos at the Shrieking Shack
37| Revelations
38| Peter Pettigrew
39| The Full Moon
40| And Everything Fell Into Pieces
41| Heartbroken
42| Last Hurrah
43| Last Train Ride and Letters
44| Ghost
45| 19th
46| Safe and Sound
47| The Beginning of The Auror Life
48| Training
49| Back at Hogwarts
50| The Third and Final Task
52| News
53| The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black
54| Recruiting For the Order
55| Reunion
56| Apology Accepted
57| Anastasia Dolohov
58| Peace Offering
59| Finally
60| The Advance Guard
61| Harry
62| Night Talks
63| Affirmations
64| Celebrations
65| False Alarm
66| Sick
67| Caught In The Act
68| A New Affair
69| Adjusting
70| Return
71| Suspicions
72| Lyall Lupin
73| Strained
74| Grief
75| Date
76| Mark Me
77| Mates
78| Red
79| St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
80| Happy Anniversary
81| Christmas at Grimmauld Place
82| First Day of the Year
83| Jealousy, Jealousy
84| Hell
85| Love of My Life
86| Congratulations, We're Engaged
87| The Will of Orion and Alphard Black
88| Down South
89| Last Days
90| Forever
91| Charles Dumbledore
92| Love Me
93| Just The Two Of Us
94| Angry, But In a Playful Way
95| An Unexpected Surprise
96| A Little Lupin
97| Level Nine, The Department Of Mysteries
98| You Promised
99| Spread Your Wings And Fly Away
100| A New Beginning
101| An Extraordinary Attachment
102| Remus' Babies
103| Butterflies and Baby Names
104| Come Back, Please
105| A Nostalgic Place
106| Reunited
107| I Gave You My Heart
108| The French Veela
109| Preparations
110| February 10th, 1997
111| Welcome To The Family
112| Everything
113| King Of My Heart
114| Dumbledore's Downfall
115| Until The End
116| Harry's Arrival
117| Mr. And Mrs. William Weasley
118| Everything Has Changed
119| Regulus Arcturus Black
120| The Capture
121| Not Who He Seems
122| Good To Have You Back
123| Enough
124| Birthdays and News
125| Two Unexpected Gifts
126| It's Happening
127| The Battle Begins
128| Fire & Blood
129| Live For Me
130| The End
Epilogue

51| Aftermath

5.3K 164 5
By jxlvpin

I could no longer bare to watch the gut-wrenching scene any further. To see Cedric on the ground, lifeless and see his family grieving was too much for me to bare.

I tore my eyes away from the Hufflepuff's body and turned to Harry to comfort him after this traumatizing event.

"Harry ..." I croaked, wiping a tear and once I opened my eyes I had realized that he was nowhere to be seen.

I frowned as my eyes searched the are everywhere, hoping that Harry would be around somewhere. But he was missing. He was right next to Cedric's body a second ago. Where could have that boy disappeared to?

Then I realized that it wasn't just Harry who was missing.

Mad-Eye was also gone.

"Mad-Eye couldn't have taken Harry out of this place ... he would never do that ..." I muttered to myself, noting that Mad-Eye was near with Harry before he disappeared. And I knew that Mad-Eye would never do such a thing to a young boy, especially after the trauma he went through.

Then my eyes buldged in horror all of a sudden, remembering the letter that Harry wrote to me a few weeks ago. He saw a memory of Dumbledore's through the Pensieve and Barty Crouch Jr was there.

I suddenly remembered why Mad-Eye's odd tongue movement was somehow familiar.

When I was young at around 4 years old, my family and I went over to my Uncle Cygnus's home. Bellatrix, my cousin and my parents engaged in a conversation at dinner, and she invited Barty Crouch Jr over as well as her husband, Rodolphus Lestrange and a few other Death Eaters.

My younger self was disgusted at Barty Crouch's habit of flashing his tongue.

And over the past few months, Harry frequently wrote to me about Mad-Eye assisting him during all three tasks.

I put all the pieces together. And once I did, my already pale face became more pale.

The cup must've been a Portkey ... he was always helping Harry ... that was another thing Mad-Eye would never do ... he wanted Harry to get the Cup ... and when Harry did – Voldemort returned ... it was all planned.

The Mad-Eye that I had seen hours ago wasn't the Mad-Eye Moody everyone knew and respected.

It was Barty Crouch Jr.

And he must've been under the Polyjuice Potion.

I immediately ran towards Dumbledore in panic, my heart racing as I pushed through the crowd and grabbed the elderly headmaster's shoulder so I could grab my attention faster.

"Headmaster, please, you've got to help Harry. It- it's M- mad-Eye ... but it isn't Mad Eye, and it's a- a long story." I said anxiously, my breat catching in as I tried to explain.

"Will you at least get to the point, Black?" Snape snarled beside Dumbledore.

"Oh for goodness sake. Let her explain, Severus." Mcgonagall blurted out.

"Mad-Eye isn't who you think he is," I exhaled. "He's Barty Crouch Jr in disguise."

Snape scoffed.

"Impossible ... you must be confused, Black ... Barty Crouch Jr has been dead for a long time." he muttered darkly, looking at me with coldness in his eyes as I heard Mcgonagall gasped, clasping her hand on her trembling lips.

Dumbledore did not look surprised at all
and nodded simply.

"As I have suspected," he said calmly. "Mr. Krum must've been under the Imperius Curse. Ms. Black, make sure nobody leaves the pitch and stay here, help Professor Flitwick calm everyone down."

He, Mcgonagall and Snape quickly left the pitch and returned to the castle.

I was forced to see the dreadful scene again and saw Mrs. Diggory weep bitterly, holding onto her son as Amos placed a shoulder around her, and was weeping too.

Some were still crying and nervous chatter erupted from the stands. I saw Hermione, still hugging Ron and was still shaken. I overheard the Weasleys talking if Voldemort really had returned, Mrs. Weasley told her children that if Harry said so, then Voldemort had returned.

"I'm afraid our world is getting darker and darker now." I heard Mrs. Weasley mumbling to herself, as the Weasley children exchanged looks of worry and fright.

After an hour or so, Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Hermione, Ron and I headed to the Hospital Wing. All of us were still tired and shaken by the previous event.

We had not heard from Harry yet. And I was getting a bit worried. And I prayed that he was safe and Dumbledore, Snape and Mcgonagall had found him. Madam Pomfrey was looking quite harassed, and she asked me constantly if I knew where Harry was.

The real Mad-Eye was brought in the room as well, and I stepped closer to his bed which was at the far end of the room. He seemed motionless, and the only sign of life within him was his soft breathing.

Then, our heads all turned around when he heard the door opening. Harry was groggy-looking, and looked as though he was about to pass out if it weren't for Dumbledore accompanying him. I sighed in relief.

But I was further relieved to see that they weren't alone. They were being accompanied by the familiar black dog.

Sirius was here. And I was glad.

"Harry! Oh, Harry!" Mrs. Weasley shrieked, hurrying towards him.

"Molly," spoke Dumbledore,  holding up a hand. "Please listen to me for a moment. Harry has been through a terrible ordeal tonight. He has just had to relive it for me. What he needs now is sleep, and peace, and quiet. If he would like you all to stay with him you may do so. But I do not want you questioning him until he is ready to answer, and certainly not this evening."

Mrs. Weasley nodded and told Bill, Hermione and Ron to keep quiet, but they were quiet. Sirius remained calm while Madam Pomfrey looked at him with suspicion.

"Headmaster, may I ask what –?" asked Madam Pomfrey asked.
"This dog will be remaining with Harry for a while," said Dumbledore simply. "I assure you, he is extremely well trained. Harry – I will wait while you get into bed."

Dumbledore soon left to speak with Fudge, and Madam Pomfrey led Harry to a nearby bed.

Sirius was wagging his tail excitedly once he saw me and raced unto to me. I gave him a tight hug as he licked me with affection.

"Oh, Pads. I've missed you!" I sighed stroking his fur.

"You know him?" Bill asked softly, bending down.

"Yes. But I'll explain that later." I said briskly.

Harry slipped into bed, Madam Pomfrey had given him a set of pajamas. Ron, Hermione, Bill, Mrs Weasley settled themselves in chairs on either side of him.
Sirius and I sat by his side too.

"Are you alright, Harry?" I mumbled, getting my handkerchief and wiping his sweaty forehead.

He nodded his head weakly. "Very exhausted." he whispered.

Mrs. Weasley was crying and smoothed the covers of his bed.

Madam Pomfrey returned from her office and was holding a goblet and a small bottle of some purple potion.

"You'll need to drink all of this, Harry. It's a potion for dreamless sleep." she said, handing the goblet to Harry, who looked drowsy and fell asleep after sipping mouthfuls of the potion.

I just sat by Harry's bedside, looking worriedly at him as he slept. After a few hours, the door burst open again. Fudge had burst in the room, uninvited with Mcgonagall and Snape behind him looking very furious.

All of us shot furious looks at the Minister and I heard Sirius growling quietly from behind me.

"W-what's -" Harry mumbled to me, finally awake.

"You have no right to barge in here, Minister. When Dumbledore finds out I'm sure he wouldn't be so pleased." I said darkly.

Dumbledore had finally returned and madness ensued. Fudge, to our shock and anger, did not believe that Voldemort returned. Mcgonagall was furious, her cheeks were as red as the Weasleys' hair.

"Are you bloody insane?" I cried out. "Dumbledore would never want to work against you! And when Harry's scar hurts, it isn't just any stupid headache. It tells him that Voldemort's near or is rising to power!"

Fudge was glaring at me, as I stood by Harry, my arm on his shoulder to prevent him from rising any further. Harry had also fought with the Minister, and insisted that Voldemort had come back but was not heeded.

"He can't be back, Dumbledore, he just can't be ..." Fudge argued.

Then Snape had strode forwards and pulled up the left sleeve of his robes as he went. He stuck out his forearm and showed it to Fudge, who quivered with fear as he saw the Dark Mark

"There," he said harshly. "There. The Dark Mark. It is not as clear as it was, an hour or so ago, when it burnt black, but you can still see it. Every Death Eater had the sign burnt into him by the Dark Lord. It was a means of distinguishing each other, and his means of summoning us to him. When he touched the Mark of any Death Eater, we were to Disapparate, and Apparate, instantly, at his side. This Mark has been growing clearer all year. Karkaroff's, too. Why do you think Karkaroff fled tonight? We both felt the Mark burn. We both knew he had returned. Karkaroff fears the Dark Lord's vengeance. He betrayed too many of his fellow Death Eaters to be sure of a welcome back into the fold."

I smirked and glared once again at Fudge, my arms crossed. He was shaking at what Snape had said, and toom a step back. He was still staring at the mark etched upon Snape's forearm and just by looking at his face, it was obvious that he did not take in a single word.

He looked up at Dumbledore and said in a whisper. "I don't know what you and your staff are playing at, Dumbledore, but I have heard enough. I have no more to add. I will be in touch with you tomorrow, Dumbledore, to discuss the running of this school. I must return to the Ministry."

He was about to leave the room until he turned around and stopped at Harry's bed. I stepped closer to Harry's side defensively, ready to attack if anything were to happen to him.

"Your winnings," Fudge said quickly, as he took a large bag of gold out of his pocket, and dropped it on the table near the bed. "One thousand Galleons. There should have been a presentation ceremony, but in the circumstances ..."

He squeezed his bowler hat onto his head, and walked out of the infirmary. 
Dumbledore looked back at us.

"There is work to be done," he said. "Molly ... am I right in thinking that I can count on you and Arthur?"

"Of course you can. He knows what Fudge is. It's Arthur's fondness for Muggles that has held him back at the Ministry all these years. Fudge thinks he lacks proper wizarding pride." said Mrs. Weasley, her lips still white.

"Then I need to send a message to him," said the elderly Headmaster softly. "All those that we can persuade of the truth must be notified immediately, and Arthur is well placed to contact those at the Ministry who are not as short-sighted as Cornelius."

"I'll go to Dad," said Bill, who finally stood "I'll go now."

'Excellent. Tell him what has happened. Tell him I will be in direct contact with him shortly. He will need to be discreet, however. If Fudge thinks I thinks I am interfering at the Ministry –"

"Leave it to me."'said Bill boldly, who clapped a hand on Harry's shoulder, kissed Mrs. Weasley on the cheek and left the room.

Dumbledore had instructed Mcgonagall and Madam Pomfrey to leave the Hospital Wing, leaving only Snape and him as the only professors in the room.

"Ms. Black, could you make sure the door is closed?" he asked calmly.

I nodded my head and raced to the door.

"Tightly closed, Headmaster." I replied, returning to Harry's side.

"And now, it is time for two of our number to recognise each other for what they are. Sirius ... if you could resume your usual form." Dumbledore said.

Sirius looked up at Dumbledore, then, in an instant, turned back into his human form. My eyes widened slightly at him, he looked more fragile and filthy than the last time I saw him.

Mrs. Weasley leapt from the bed and was screaming. "Sirius Black!" she shrieked, her finger pointed at Sirius.

"Mum, shut up! It's OK!" Ron yelled at his mother, stroking his hands up and down her shaking shoulders.

"Him! What is he doing here?" Snape barked, his face full of fury and dislike. Sirius was also showing the same expression.

"Lay a hand on my brother, Snape or I will have to hex you." I snarled, pointing my wand at the greasy-haired professor.
Dumbledore has raised a hand at me, and told me to shove back my wand in my pocket.

"He is here at my invitation,as are you, Severus. I trust you both. It is time for you to lay aside your old differences, and trust each other." the elderly wizard said, looking at the three of us as both Sirius and Snape were eyeing each other with the utmost loathing.

"I will settle, in the short term," said Dumbledore, a bit impatient now. "For a lack of open hostility. You will shake hands. You are on the same side now. Time is short, and unless the few of us who know the truth stand united, there is no hope for any of us.

And with slow movements, although still glaring at each other, Snape and Sirius both shook hands and quickly let go.

"That will do to be going on with." said Dumbledore, stepping between them once more. "Now I have work for each of you. Fudge's attitude, though not unexpected, changes everything. Sirius, I need you to set off at once. You are to alert Remus Lupin, Arabella Figg, Mundungus Fletcher – the old crowd. Lie low at Lupin's for a while, I will contact you there."

"But –" Harry said.

"You'll see me very soon, Harry. I promise you. But I must do what I can, you understand, don't you?" Sirius reassured him, grasping Harry's hand.

"Yeah," said Harry. "Yeah ... of course I do."

Sirius let out a small smile and stroked Harry's hair and left his side. But before he reached the door, Sirius caught me.

I smiled and raced into his open arms to hug him. I sighed in relief as my arms were wrapped around my brother's back, I terribly missed him. And I was glad to have him back after almost a year of not seeing each other.

"Oh, I missed you pup. So so much." he said through my hair.

"Take care, when you get to Remus's house. Write to me please." I said, my voice slightly faltering.

"I will." he said, as he transformed back into a dog and left the Hospital Wing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 1.4K 79
all I can ever ask of you is to stay. just stay. ----- i do not take credit for the s...
34.1K 2.1K 35
Luna Lupin came from a tumultous childhood filled with secrecy and a family haunted by the stigmatised illness of lycanthropy, thrown into a society...
693K 16.6K 85
Diana Faye Lupin The twin Sister of Remus Lupin. The only girl who's immune to a Certain boy's flirtirous actions. The last girl you'd expect to fall...
59.8K 1.8K 16
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ .หšแตŽโ”Š ๐—Œ๐—๐—‹๐–บ๐—‡๐—€๐–พ๐—‹๐—Œ โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”:๏ฝฅโ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘  ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘ , ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ , ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”...