Connected (Teen Wolf) Book 4

By jinx1996

Anna and Scott are now bonded. He can help her control the Nix, but it still seeps through occasionally in he... More

Preface - Can't Go Back
Chapter 1 - Mexican Rave
Chapter 2 - Echoes
Chapter 3 - You Won't Find God
Chapter 4 - Brake Down
Chapter 5 - Watched
Chapter 6 - Smugglers
Chapter 7 - Time Travelling
Chapter 8 - The Return Of Miguel
Chapter 9 - Friendship
Chapter 10 - 137
Chapter 11 - Calling France
Chapter 12 - Game Locker
Chapter 13 - Story Time
Chapter 14 - Never Ending Night
Chapter 15 - Fashion, Flirting, and Falling
Chapter 16 - Bouncer Duties
Hi
Chapter 17 - Deadpool
Chapter 18 - Pillow Talk
Chapter 19 - American Beauty / American Psycho
Chapter 20 - Bone Chilling Fear
Chapter 22 - The Locker Room Again
Chapter 23 - Aiden
Chapter 24 - The Orphans
Good evening :)
Chapter 25 - Hey Parrish... So... You're On A Hit-list
Chapter 26 - Banshee Screams
Chapter 27 - Third Cypher
Chapter 28 - Thanks Buddy
Chapter 29 - CDC
Chapter 30 - Quarantine
Chapter 31 - Shut Out
Chapter 32 - Reishi
Chapter 33 - As I Lay Dying
Chapter 34 - Plan Z
Chapter 35 - Countdown
Chapter 36 - Naked Deputy Jordan Parrish
Jordan
Chapter 37 - Rain and Thunder
Chapter 38 - Food and Sleep
Chapter 39 - Bacon
Chapter 40 - I Think I Created A Lynch Mob
Chapter 41 - The Big Reveal
Titles
Chapter 42 - Peter Hale
Chapter 43 - Ranting, Raving Lunatic
Chapter 44 - Safe
Chapter 45 - Going To Church
Chapter 46 - Lydia Was Right
Chapter 47 - The Monsters Inside
Burnt
Chapter 48 - Carnage
Chapter 49 - Bittersweet
Chapter 50 - Contained and Monitored
Chapter 51 - Anna's Lullaby

Chapter 21 - Big Macs and Pringles

6.7K 264 90
By jinx1996

I didn’t take my foot off the gas until I reached Peter’s apartment. Scott would yell at me later, but I didn’t want to be near him at the moment and Peter’s place was the only one I could think of where he wouldn’t follow me.

I’s had dreams like it before, but this one was different. Stronger. More vivid. It reminded me of the dream where I teamed up with Peter and killed Derek. I may be overreacting, but in a way that dream had come true. I killed Jake and Peter helped cover it up.

All I knew was I couldn’t be near Scott or anyone else in the group at the moment, but as I was driving I found myself slowing down until I pulled over on the side of the road. I could see Peter’s apartment building in the distance.

No more.

Those words echoed around my mind. “How?” I found myself whispering to myself.

Then I saw him again. Standing in front of my headlights, clear as day. I didn’t waste any time in jumping out. He ran into the woods next to my car and I found myself running after him. I had only ever seen him outside my dreams a few times and I never even had the chance to walk up to him, but this time was different. He wasn’t hiding anymore.

It may not have been the best plan in the world. To chase someone I didn’t know into the woods at night when there were assassins after us all, but I needed to know.

“Who are you?!” I yelled as I chased him. “What do you want?!” He came to stop among the trees and turned to face me. “Please…” it came out as a begging whisper. “Tell me.”

His face softened as tears almost spilled down my cheek, almost. “I am sorry child.” He spoke in that deep raspy voice laced with a thick German accent.

“Sorry for what? Who are you?”

“I am Hans Kalb and I have been watching over my bloodline since I was killed by my 12 year old daughter, 259 years ago.”

“What?” I asked with eyebrows raised.

“Her mother… a women I believed to have been my wife at the time was like you. A Nix. She killed my wife and took her likeness, tricking myself and everyone we knew. It was only after our daughter’s birth did she tell me the truth and leave. If we did not share a child she would have killed me. 12 years later my daughter drowned in the lake near our village. She came back like you, but she didn’t have a werewolf side to help her nor the knowledge of an emissary. She lost who she was and I became her first victim. I watched over her and the daughters in her bloodline. Very few have awakened the curse, only one other before yourself some century ago, but she died by the hands of hunters as my daughter did before her. I watch the Nix, the evils of its ways.”

“It? You say it like I’m possessed.”

“In many ways you are child and I chose to believe that you are for if I think any different it means my own daughter who I loved more than anything and raised on my own murdered me in cold blood for no reason other than to bring her joy.”

“Why do you watch when you can’t do anything?”

“I watch and I observe in hopes that one day I will see the Nix defeated in some way that doesn’t end in death’s kiss delivered by a hunter and instead the girls returned soul and compassion.” Everything he said was in a manor like it was from another time and I guess that’s because he was. My great, great, great, you know what I don’t know how many greats there are I just know there’s a lot, grandfather. “You have almost accomplished that. The Nix is part of who you are, there is no changing that, but I believe you can learn to control it on your own without the assistance of your friend. When you achieve this, my child, I can move on.”

“Move on? Are you like a ghost with unfinished business?”

“No. Spirits, if they chose, can watch over the world, but they cannot interact or be seen by anyone, accept those who have a connection to the other side. A Nix is a spiritual being, that is how you can see me and speak to me now, but I’m afraid if anyone was to see us conversing you would be considered quite mad.”

“Great.” I said a little sarcastically, looking around for anyone who may be able to see us. Which of course was pointless considered I was in the woods at night. “Hey, am I immortal? I mean I read that Nix’s were and Peter never really gave me an answer.”

“Only if the Nix controls you. It is the evil and emotionless side of you that has been cursed with immortality. So long as you remain true to yourself you will age just as your friends, although…”

“Better?” I asked with a grin.

“Yes, much.” He nodded and I couldn’t top a little, and I will admit slightly diabolical, chuckle. “A Nix cannot love, Annabelle.” He said, using my full name that no one had used since before I reached double digits. “So long as you hold onto that you will hold onto yourself.”

“I love my friends.” I stated in confusion.

“More than friendship or family ties. Someone who is your equal and your match, someone who can pull who back more easily than Scott can with the bond.”

“Who? And no offense, but you kind of sound a little cliché.”

“I cannot tell you, child.” He said ignoring my statement.

“It would make the whole process easier if you did.”

He walked up to me and placed a kiss on my forehead, “You have my love, Annabelle, for you are a daughter of mine and I wish you all the best.” I squeezed my eyes shut and when I opened them again he was gone.

With a sigh a slowly walked out of the woods and then stopped dead in my tracks at the sight of Parrish standing next to my car. He turned and saw me.

“Anna? What the hell are you doing?”

“Midnight stroll?” I explained poorly. “What are you doing?”

“I just got off work. I was driving home when I saw your car and noticed you weren’t anywhere near it. Now what exactly are you doing and please don’t say going for a walk again, because you weren’t.”

“You don’t know that.” I said with a smile, trying to somehow get myself out of this. It would be so much easier if he knew everything. Especially considering he always seemed to be the person to catch me doing things I shouldn’t be doing. The curse of a small town and knowing everyone in the station.

“Anna, it’s almost midnight and there’s a serial killer somewhere in the town. You shouldn’t be out alone.”

“I couldn’t sleep and I’ve had self-defence classes.” Technically true, right?

“You know when I can’t sleep I usually drink tea and watch something on the discovery channel. And if you wanted to go for a walk why drive here and why not bring your dog?”

“I wanted to go for a walk on the trail and then get a Big Mac.”

“The trail is another mile down the road and McDonalds a mile and a half.”

And this kids is why we don’t lie to smart police officers… unless you’ve rehearsed and have everything worked out.

“I saw a kitten cross the road and run into the woods, I didn’t want it to get hurt.”

“And where is it?”

“I couldn’t find it.” He crossed his arms and just looked at me clearly not believing me, and I didn’t blame him. God I missed the days I could actually lie, what happened to them? “Okay, fine. But you’re going to think I’m completely insane. And you can’t tell the sheriff about me wondering around in the woods at night with a killer out there.”

“Done.”

“Really?” I asked, not expecting him to agree.

“Yes, I’m off duty. Now tell me.”

“I’ve been having bad dreams. Really bad ones and a few weeks back I had one about Derek and he died. I filed it under stress and let it go, but when we found Jake…”

“Your dream was about Derek, not Jake.” He said sensing where I was going.

“I know, but it… his heart was missing… I saw it. In the dream Derek died the same way.”

“But it wasn’t Jake and this doesn’t explain why you’re out here tonight.”

“Jake always reminded me of Derek. I don’t know why, but he did. And tonight I had a similar, but about Scott and Scott was the one to wake me up and I guess a freaked out a little.”

“So you solution was this?”

“No… my solution was to get out of the house and I wasn’t really thinking. I just ended up here.” It was the best way I could explain it without actually explaining.

“Come on.”

“Where?”

“Maccas. I’ll drive and drop you off at your car once you’ve finished that Big Mac.” I couldn’t argue with that.

We went through the drive through and Jordan pulled up in the car park so we could eat our McDonalds in the car. I’d finished my burger and was picking at my chips when Parrish turned to me.

“I used to get nightmares after I joined the army. Not when I was working, but when I got back. Its normal, Anna. After your dad… I wouldn’t expect anything less.”

“Do you still get them?” I asked, finally across at him.

“Sometimes, but they’re not as bad. I just used tell myself that they were just dreams. They weren’t real and they would never compare to what really happened.” I managed a nod before eating another chip. “The fact that the same thing that happened to Derek in your dream, happened to Jake is just coincidence. A scary one, but it happens. And we don’t know for certain how Jake died. His heart was missing, but our best guess with that is…” He didn’t want to finish. I knew what he was thinking. Jake was found in a game locker that belonged to cannibals after all. I knew the truth, but I couldn’t say it.

“Thanks.”

“For what?”

“The chat.”

“Anytime.” He said before starting his car up again and driving back to mine. “You’ll be okay to get back.”

“Yeah, I’m feeling better now.” I said as I got out of the car. Before closing the door I leaned back down. “Also thanks for the Big Mac. I needed it.”

“Best midnight snack.” He joked.

“See you around, Jordan.” He nodded and I walked back to me car. He waited until I started my engine before driving off.

I thought about going back to Scott’s but I suddenly felt really tired again and Peter’s place was a lot closer so within five minutes I found myself unlocking his front door and face planting on his couch, not wanting to wake him up.

***

I somehow woke up before Peter the next morning and scrounged his pantry for food, but only found Pringles. I went back to the couch and curled up under the blanket and started working my way through the packet. A minute later Peter walked into the room just glaring at me, looking half asleep.

“Did you move in?” He asked me.

“Hi.” I said ignoring his question.

“What are you doing here?”

“Well…” I rambled out my explanation of the entire night starting with the nightmare and ending with the collapsing on his couch. “Also you need more food, all you have is Pringles.” I added on the end, eating another one. “You also need coffee.”

“I was just robbed of 137 million.” He said, taking a seat on the couch. I laid down further on the couch and put my feet on his lap.

“Pringle?” I asked. Extending the cylinder to him.

Hello :) Peter and Parrish in one :0 i love them. Thoughts?

Also, do you guys recomment any songs for this story? i'm finding it hard to find the right ones for the right moments and if you give me some that you think relate to a certain relationships, like Anna/Scott Anna/Peter etc. It doesn't have to be romantic or anything just fitting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 798 12
"All I know at the end of the day is you love who you love There ain't no other way If there's something I've learnt from a million mistakes You're t...
397K 18.5K 39
WAY WE GO DOWN. ❝𝙒𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬...
335K 7K 43
My name's Ciara Charming, twin sister of Chad. When we were born, I was chosen to be the future King Ben's Royal Advisor. Since that day, I've been p...
87K 2.9K 19
They thought it was over. But it wasn't. I do not own stranger things or any of the characters/places/things associated with it. I only own those tha...