Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... Еще

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

43. Master Manipulator

6.1K 369 399
ExhaustedSoul06

I'm enjoying my time here. Everything exceeds my expectations. The luxury, the wealth, servants. Everything.

Hope you're doing better. And be successful in your endeavours.

Your lovingly sister,
    Rosalia

Penelope smiled, folding the letter her sister sent her. She picked up the cup with delicate hands and sipped elegantly.

Her sister Rosalia was currently in southern part of Obelia. Being courted by Count Ferdinand; a wealthy man with many fertile lands. Rosalia was quite lucky that on her debutante, the Count was smitten with her and now she was enjoying her time being pampered by him. It was good investment.

Penelope wistfully gazed at her cup. Someday she too would enjoy the wealth, the respect of a princess.

It was time she set up her plans. She'd been doing it the day she arrived on the request of The Emperor. It was a meticulous job with critical observation and calculation.

Imagine her surprise when she found out you were friends with Second Prince.

It was unexpected things but beneficial for her. It became even more easy to get close to the Outcast Prince and pave her way to his heart.

"Marie."

"Yes, milady?"

She smiled at her submissive behaviour. The maid infront of her was your caretaker but it wasn't hard to gain her loyalty. Money afterall speaks volumes. Now she omitted everything she knew. The inside gossips, the relationships. Information she could use.

"Has his Highness arrived?"

"No, milady. His highness hasn't arrived at."

Penelope sighed. The walls surrounding Claude's heart was thick made of steels. It was going to take a while for her to replace you. Time to go hunt her fiancé.

She grasped her red hand-fan and gently flapped. Marie followed her as her guide. Showing her the way.

Soon enough she did find her fiancé, in the Royal library, studing. She stood in the doorway looking at the nonchalant Claude who was immersed in Wars strategy.

Sensing her presence, Claude looked up face unreadable, eyes freezing cold.

"May I disturb you?" She sweetly smiled and used her charming face. "Would you mind taking a walk with me. It's quite pleasant outside."

Claude opened his mouth to decline but Penelope cut him off with a pleading look.

"Please. I do insist. It will be lonely to take a walk outside when I can have the company of my beloved."

People always told her she was a smooth, sweet talker. She had bewitched many with just her words.

She watched as he calculatively looked her way, weighting his options. The tension in the room continued to increase.

"Sure."

It was a curt response with no emotion. Contrast to the way he talked to you.

Penelope felt agitation in her heart. The dull answer was expected but it wasn't pleasant. But she hid her agitation with a sweet smile.

She had to keep up the pretense. Now wasn't time to show her true colours.

Claude reached her and she linked her arms through his. Penelope eyed how her fiancé stiffened but didn't protest.

She smiled in satisfaction. The small victory send sense of triumphant through her body

Small steps.

"Let's go my darling fiancé. Let's take a lovely walk together."

Claude looked at her with a strange emotion.

Yes, darling fiancé, be curious. Be intrigue. That's how my plan would succeed. And in no time you would fall in love with me.

"Your highness is always working hard despite no one acknowledging you but please don't overdo it. I'm worried you would fall sick."

"You don't need to worry about that."

"How could I not? It's only natural to worry about your fiancé. Especially one who works so hard and neglects his health."

Claude turned away and Penelope laughed joyfully. "Don't be embrassment. After our marriage, my worries are only going to increase. And you'll have to face my concerned self."

As they walked Penelope continued to shower him in compliments. Sweet talk her way to his heart.

No one rejects praises. Especially not the one who's been deprived of it all his life.

Penelope leaned her head on his arm. "You look refreshed. As if some burden is taken off your shoulders."

Claude said without missing a beat. "I had a talk with (Y/n)."

Of course her sister had something to do with it. She smiled in disdain, covered up  by her hand-fan.

"No wonder. She always find ways to cheer you up. I'm glad she's your friend."

Claude grimaced, his eyes wavering for a moment. And that's all she needed to know. Feelings. He had feelings for you.

As long as the feelings weren't acknowledged the more better it would be. Because him realising his feelings would only complicate things. That wasn't good for the plan.

Penelope mused on how to get rid of his feelings for you. She needed a plan with no holes and she needed it quick.

Claude paused and Penelope stopped, snapping out of her plotting.

She followed his gaze and spotted you talking to the gardeners.

Almost reflexively Claude changed direction. He trotted towards you with eager steps.

Penelope too followed with a subtle frown. Arms still linked.

"It's important. Prioritise the healing herbs. All other plants can wait. The knights would need immediate pain reliever. Understood?"

"Yes. We would do that."

"Thank you."

You turned around after waving at them with a smile only to be startled to see Claude so close standing behind you and you fell back in surprise.

You glared at his smirking figure. "What the hell?! How many times I've to tell you. Don't sneak up on me!"

You tried standing back, only to fall back with a pained yelp.

Claude was quicker to catch you as he left Penelope's side. Penelope blankly stared at her empty arm before hiding a hateful glare. Patience. She needs more patience. She chanted to her to stop the frustration bubbling under her skin.

Penelope watched you both with a frown. Had you already reconciled with each other? Well, she did expect it but not so soon.

"Be careful, you idiot." Claude reached out and gently kneeled you down on the ground.

"Who's fault it is, huh?!" You grimaced in pain when pressure was applied on your ankle. "I think I sprained my ankles."

Claude clicked his tongue before grabbing your leg. "Let me see."

You scrambled backward hastily, shaking your head vehemently. "No! No need. It's fine. I can heal myself."

"How? It's not a wound. You're not specialized in this. Let me help." Claude sarcastic tone made you swell in indignation.

He moved forward and with swift moment caught your leg and poked the swilling ankle. You yelped.

"Fuck! That hurts." You tearfully exclaimed.

"Naturally." He muttered sarcastically.

Penelope watched how dazed your expression was as Claude carefully held your ankle on his lap and used his magic. Your brows knitted together in concentration as your eyes ran over his features like you were burning it in your memories.

The look in your dazed eyes wasn't hard to interpret.

So you finally realised your feelings for him. Penelope could tell from your expression that you knew about their engagement too. You poor thing.

His highness was truly cruel. He was giving you crumbs of hopes. Hopes of something that would never happen.

Couldn't he see your trembling hands? The way you bit your lips? Your shaking moist eyes that looked on the verge of shedding tears? The deep pained look residing within them.

Penelope quietly snorted. His little sister choose someone so dense that he unintentionally was digging knifes in freshly inflicted wounds made by himself.

But she couldn't really do anything. Rosalia already secured a luxurious future. Even you who hated the social hierarchy had secured a wealth future by becoming a Royal healer. She too had to secure her desired future even it meant trampling on your feelings

You protested when Claude tried lifting you up in his arms.

"Why not? You can't walk with the swollen ankle. Give the healing magic at least 5 minutes to settle down and heal you completely."

"Thanks but no need. It's embrassing to be carried like a child!" You cried out, dodging his arms. "Especially by you!"

Claude astounded glared at you. He again reached for you only for you to scramble away with a cry of protest.

Another figure joint the tomfoolery.

Your [c] lit up in relief. "Ah, Felix you're a life savior! Just on nick of time." You made childish grabby motion to him and Felix sweat-dropped. "Pick me up."

"Huh?"

"I can do it." Claude turned around with a swift glare, making Felix take a step back in fright, sweating. He looked exceedingly confused.

"You can but you won't. Not in this life time! Felix please pick me up." You again gesture Felix to pick you up. Felix stepped closer only for Claude for bark at him.

"Why him, not me?" He asked irritated. His blue eyes glaring daggers at you.

You stuck your tongue out. "Well you lost the privileges since you're engaged. No picking other girls now! Your fiancée would get upset. Isn't that right, Penelope?" You playfully winked at her. And pointed a finger to Felix who jolted in surprise at being centre of attention. "Felix is knight. Remember the famous saying. He's definitely the knight in shining armour. So my Knight please help your damsel in distress!"

Penelope smiled weakly at your pretense to stay cheerful.

It was quite pitiful to watch you pretend to be happy when you were hurting deep down. Penelope felt sorry for you but that was the extent of her feelings. She wouldn't make any sacrifice to make you happy.

"Ah, sure." Flushed red, Felix lifted you in his arms without any complaints though he looked puzzled. But one look to Penelope and he understood. He looked at you with pained eyes and you cheerfully beamed at him, no traces of internal pain your face

"You're light, (Y/n)." Felix remarked as he adjusted your weight in his arms.

You looked up at him with exaggerated glittering eyes and exclaimed happily. "Are you trying to charm me Felix? Because boy, you nailed it!"

"Hah." Claude stood dusting his clothes. He quietly gazed at him almost like he was sulking.

Felix and you talked cheerfully while Claude followed them staring with intense jewelled blue eyes that hosted vague sense of jealousy.

Penelope tried in vain to converse with him who looked glum.

She huffed in irritation, giving up. Instead she observed your behaviour. Just how hard you were trying to ignore them.

"So Felix, hope you're not overworking yourself."

Felix shoulder shook as he nodded. "I'm not. You don't have to be concerned about me."

"There is no way I won't be concerned about you!" You nudged his shoulder, laughing. "How can one friend not worry for her another cute friend."

"Please stop with your teasing!" Felix instantly shrieked.

"Haha. You look even more adorable when you're flustered, Felix."

Felix shrank back in embrassment and you poked at him more, laughing at his blushing face while he pleaded for mercy.

Claude grumbled beside her making her face soured in distaste.

Before you all could reach the usual resting room you stopped Felix.

"Hmm. Felix, put me down. I think my ankle is alright." Felix complied, carefully put you down, his tensed arms just hovering over you ready to catch.

"Yep, all good. Thanks Claude! Though it was all your fault to began with." You didn't looked at him as you jumped on your place testing your ankle.

"Mention not." Claude gave you a dry smile, still grumbling.

Your eyes flickered to Penelope and Claude and their linked arms before you grimaced. "I'm not feeling well. I think Imma take a day off."

Penelope smirked. Ah, her little sister was getting pricked at the closeness of them. How amusing~

Claude beside her jolted in surprise and strode forward grabbing your wrist in haste.

"Are you avoiding me? I thought we were over it." He had a disgruntled expression as he scowled.

Penelope scoffed. So this bland person was capable of expressing feelings. Why to only you though? 

You pulled back your hand, the moment a bit aggressive. "You're overthinking, really. I'm just not my energetic self today so taking a day off. This has nothing to do with you."

Claude raised a eyebrow. "Really. Why do I not believe you?"

You looked at him, glaring with enough ferocity that made Claude astonished. Before you flipped and smiled.

"Geez, love your faith in me! What's there not to believe? Why do you think I'd avoid you? There is no reason unless you can think of one." A bitter smile formed on your face as you turned away waving worried Felix.

"I'm just feeling a bit stuffy. Don't be alarmed. I'll see you guys tomorrow." You waved him nonchalantly, ignoring Claude's call.

Penelope liked how you were creating distance. The agony of unrequited love was clear in your action that was filled with resentment. Good. Now she could spent more time soothing his fiancé wounds, giving him sympathy and eventually making him fall in love with her.

She just needs to create more misunderstandings and create a big rift between you two.

"Please excuse me, your highness. I hope we can continue this lovely stroll at evening. I'll be looking forward to it.

Claude nodded absentmindely. Your sharp glare still lingering on his mind.

Penelope sped up her pace. to catch up to your forceful steps. You turned around from the sound of footsteps with a cold look.

"What's up, Penelope?" You struggled to keep the resentment out of your voice.

Penelope panted a bit, feeling stuffy in the gown before she gracefully smiled. "Little sister, would you mind giving me the herbal tea leaves. The one you gave is finished. I'm quite used to the taste. So if you don't mind."

Penelope knew the tea leaves was specifically made by you. You were the one who introduced it to the family. And the family ever since had become a fan of its healing taste. So monthly like a ritual you sent it to them.

You nodded immediately, trying to end the conversation quickly. "Uh, sure. I think I've a extra batch of it separately. I'll sent it to you."

She could see it like a clear sky, the look in your eyes. Resentment flickered in your eyes. It was more visible now then before. More strong than before.

But still you didn't act on those grudges. She couldn't decide whether you're a good person or a foolish one.

"Would mind giving it to me personally. I'll be in the garden in the evening. We could've some sister bonding." Penelope requested.

"Penelope. I'm busy.. I don't think I can.."

No. It was important step to her plan. She couldn't have you backing away. It has to be you. "Please. Last time you gave it to the maid and she lost it. And you said it is the last batch. Please I'd like to have it secured in my own hands."

"Alright." You reluctantly agreed, awkwardly looking away.

"Thank you." She really was grateful for you think willingly walk in her trap.

"Nevermind." You replied blandly and turned to leave.

Penelope watched you with a smile before looking at the beautiful palace. Now all she had to do was wait.

Penelope covered her mouth to hide her smirk.

                   ****

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Penelope stared at the dipping sun and the colourful. The beautiful flowers surrounding them.

"Lady Penelope. Let's not beat around the bushes and get to the topic. Why did you call me here?"

Penelope clicked her tongue. So typical of him to cut to the chase.

"Your highness. I wanted to ask you something. Something pertaining to my future out future. " She deliberately tried to stretch the suspense.

Claude curled his lips at her words. "And what that might be?"

"Your highness, what are we?"

"What?" He was confused.

Yes, everything was going according to plan.

"What are we? Even though we are brothel, you do everything in your power to ignore me? Why?" She confronted him and kept her face serious even though she wanted to smirk at the stiffen expression of her fiancé.

"Am I not the girl you wanted? Do I not stand up to your expectations? I know you wanted to cancel the engagement. Is the reason me?"

"No. That's not...it's not you."

Back him in a corner, don't let  him have a chance to think. Penelope thought as she looked at him with desparate green eyes.

"Why, your Highness? Why won't you see my efforts? Why can't you recognise my feelings? Why can't you acknowledge it?"

Those words, do you recognise it. Penelope internally smirked. The very words she was using was something he said to his family long time ago when he wanted to be accepted by them.

She could see how the words had deep impact on him. Bring back the agony and trauma. The bitter memories he buried within him.

She could finally take a glimpse of the neglected, abused child nestled deep within the steel fort of himself. Shivering in cold agony and stale despair.

Despair. His entire expression splashed with despair. Crumbling his strong front as he took a shaky step back. Fist clenching, breathing picking up.

"What nonsense are you speaking?" He forcefully glared at her but she remained unfazed.

She should play a little more with his feelings. Twist it, distort it until he expects her feelings. Manipulate his very broken essence to accept her.

"I know you have feelings for my little sister. And I'm nothing before her. Just a girl with a pretty face and nothing else."

This was how you felt when compared to your big brother Anastacius by your family, didn't you! She forcefully brought back all the ugly feelings, the bitter memories.

"Stop. I don't want to hear anymore. Cut this fucking crap right now!" Claude struggled to distinguish between past and present. Caught in the storm of drowning sensation, he was frozen in his place unable to run away.

"But you need to hear it. I don't want to keep it inside anymore. I want to tell you just how much your neglecting self hurts me. How I feel like nothing but dirt you step on."

Claude flinched. The poisonous words overlapping with his younger self pleas.

More pain, more and more agony. More and more traumatized memories. More despair. More anguish.

She needed to make him believe that they were same. Make him feel like they were kindred souls. That they shared the same agony.

Penelope took his silence as affirmation to continue. The feelings he has for you, she needs to destroy it completely. Demolish it into nothing.

It was natural he had feelings  for you who he knew intimately for years. Shared himself with.

Those who lived long in darkness and cold would latch on first warmth they see. It was natural. It was impossible to not get attached with the warmth you been longing for so much times.

And that's was the case here. The person was deprived of warmth and light for so long when you came showering him in it, he had started to develop feeling for you. There was no other way.

But the person infront was more afraid to lose that warmth than be glad to have it. Afraid that he would get abandoned again.

She took advantage of that deep rooted fear. She would replace you and your warmth with herself. Every sweet memory of you, she would paint it in black. Make it unrecognisable.

Claude twitched violently, hand shaking beside him "I..I.. Stop.... Fucking stop it."

Of course she knew. She was nothing but cover up. He was finding someone to fill up the hole in his heart. Not someone to love. But she could do that. She would use that longing to carve place in his heart.

Fake could turn real if you weren't careful enough.

So she continued to dig his old wounds and shouted in desparate voice. "It feels like I'm not enough for you! I never asked for it. I never wanted it. But now that I have forced into it. Please just give me a chance!"

Claude's breathing shuddered as memories of his childhood self pleading to his family came back in full force.

Drown in those traumatizing memories, suffocate in those ugly inadequacy feelings so she could save him and make him fall for her.

She would make him accept her, even if she had to break him in the process, she didn't mind it. She just wanted to reach her goal. Whatever the cost.

"W-why are you saying this?" Claude moved forward, startling Penelope back at the sudden animalistic behaviour. A sharp fear shot up her body and she shuddered.

But she had to it. He was completely vulnerable and exposed, she wouldn't get this chance again. She needed to make most of it.

Penelope smiled sweetly, tearful eyes looking at him and she took a step close to him. "Because I'm in love with you. Ever since I saw you, I fallen for you."

She took another step as he watched her with wide eyes, completely frozen stiff, wavering.

And now was the time to put bandages on the old wounds she ripped and teared out and made them bleed again. Sooth the pain and take it away from him.

Claude was deeply shaken. "I can never love you."

Penelope put her hand on her heart and in earnest voice she could fake she said, "That's not true! I've seen your heart and I know it's full of love. Ready to spent on someone. So please give this relationship a chance. Give us a chance. You won't regret it."

"You're fucking delusional." Claude stated, his aggressiveness appearing again. He was trying to hide his vulnerable self behind those crude words. He didn't want to show just how much those words he longed to hear had impacted him.

"Maybe. But love is like that. Dreamy and surreal."

She slowly walked towards frozen him, her eyes fixated on his trembling blue eyes that looked like eyes of wounded, traumatized child.

"I want you to know that no matter what I'll always love you." She gently brought his hand up and pressed it against her cheeks. "No matter what I won't abandon you."

Fell for this sweet lies, let your traumatized self take control of your rationality and let her in your heart.

Claude was speechless, the fluttering feeling in his stomach catching him off guard.

"I love you, your Highness."

She took a final step close and trailed her hands up on his chest and he shuddered.

Pressing herself close she whispered in sweet voice, "I love you."

And she pressed her lips to his. Claude froze for a second, not knowing how to react. Mind blank he shuddered again at her warmth emitting from her body and in desparate attempt to forget his past and bury those ugly feelings he kissed back. Latching on the warmth she was emitting even if it was fake to the very core.

Penelope's lips curled up into a croaked smile. Into a victorious smile.

She finished the second step and manipulated the broken boy's feeling, morphed it to her liking.

She slowly opened her eyes still kissing back. The final step was complete too.

Her green eyes focused on the silhouette at the edge of the garden.

Your trembling silhouette, aghast face and pained eyes shot a triumphant shiver down her spine as she deepened the kiss.

There it was. She crushed every last hope. The red string binding you two was cut off, withering freely in the air.

Now the boy standing infront of him was her. Only her.

The future key to luxurious life was now in her complete possession. She smiled victoriously.

Unaware of the jewelled eyes that gazed at them in pure amusement. Eyes flickering to each figure. Before a wicked smirk appeared. "How interesting~"

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

8.2K 288 11
Claude only had one wish, save Diana from her fate, love her properly the way he couldn't in her short life, and create a family with her, with their...
18.6K 642 16
This story evolves around a girl named Y/n who enters the world of a story/novel of [who made me a princess]. This was the novel she read just befor...
95.8K 2.5K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...
9.3K 461 19
Mallory, who had lived a life full of regrets, had always desired to live more abundantly. She was envious of the freedom and joy that others seemed...