Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

41. Distance between us

6.4K 414 271
By ExhaustedSoul06

You sneaked a look outside the window of white tower having finished your assignments. You were drained from all the healing you done. Your mana exhausted. You had not energy to play nice.

Left, right, up, down.

Huh? Coast was clear today.

No Penelope sighted.

You stepped out, bracing yourself for Penelope to pop out like a ghost but she didn't.

She wasn't there smiling creepily, holding a parsol or hand-fan, flaunting her beauty and greeting you.

Was she sent back home after yesterday's visit?

No, you saw her in the morning. Just a glimpse of her but that bebunked the leaving theory. But why wasn't she here?

Which was strange but cool. You didn't have to energy to entertain her.

You shrugged and sluggishly made your way to your usual meeting place.

Come to think of it, where is my troublemaker Cat? I hope he isn't tormenting Penelope or terrorizing the servants.

You finally reached your destination and reached out your hand before you stopped hearing murmurs coming from within.

Was Claude in there?

....But, you pressed your ears close to the door you could hear another voice. A female voice.

"......I'll tell....er..myself."

"Of course....highness... don't want to hide things from her as....sister."

The voice was too low to make out actually what they were saying. Only bits and pieces making sense to you.

Giving up on eavesdropping you barged in. That was enough to startle the two figures inside.

Penelope and Claude were quick to control their expression. And calmly return back to their composure.

"Where is the fire?" As expected the first one to comment was Claude with his sarcasm dripping words.

"Little sister, don't come in so quickly, you startled me." She breathed out, tightening her hand on.. You squinted your eyes. Why was she latched on Claude's arm and why wasn't he throwing her off.

Your mood immediately soured as you stomped your way in. "There is no fire. I was just eager to see but you seem quite comfortable without me. Hmph!"

You rudely plopped sofa opposite of them because dear old sister had taken your place beside Claude.

To Claude's credit he didn't, at least look comfortable with Penelope beside him. You would have exploded right there and then.

"You seem to be in a merry mood." Claude's sarcasm made you even more irritated.

"Working for straight 5 hours does that to you." You reached out and took a aggressive bite of the donut giving Claude stinky eyes.

Claude frowned.

Penelope worriedly looked at you. "Oh dear, are you alright?"

Do I look alright to you? You grunted giving another aggravated, 'hmph!'

Penelope's brow creased at your rudeness.

Once finishing your donut you took a deep breath trying to pinpoint why you felt so agitated, especially when Penelope inched closer to Claude.

You forced a smile after a while. "Sorry. I was hungry. I feel much better now."

Both of them quietly eyed you as if you were ticking bomb. Your smile twitched but remained in place.

You got straight to the point, the curiousity momentarily covering up your agitation. "So why did majesty called you both yesterday for? At the same?"

Claude instantly stiffen while Penelope looked oddly pleased as she sipped her tea.

"....No reason" Claude had this strange look in his eyes you couldn't understand as he stared at you and averted his eyes.

You huffed. "So he called you for nothing? Does he have nothing better to do?"

"(Y/n)." Penelope again sternly looked at you. "Show some respect. He is the Emperor.

"I show respect those who deserves to be respected." You said rolling your eyes and Penelope tensed up. "Anyways, the answer please."

"Like I said it was for no reason that interests you." Claude said flatly as he drily looked at you. "But if you really want to know I can tell you everything we discussed about war strategies. That would certainly satiate your curiosity."

"No thanks." You bit your lips and silently bristled at his apathetic tone and dismissive words. You didn't like his cold attitude, right now.

Penelope sighed at you as if you were a unruly child. "And he called me to see if I was enjoying my time here. It was a coincidence that we were called at the same time."

"Really, that's it. A coincidence? So why are you guys behaving so suspiciously?" You narrowed your eyes.

"...It's all in your head." Claude again merely stared with blank face with those strange emotion in his eyes at you before he got up. "I've something to take care of. Excuse me."

"What? You're leaving so soon?" He didn't answer instead sped walked up to the door. "Claude, wait!"

He left, slamming the door shut behind him.

You stood there dumbfounded and bewildered.

What just happened?

"(Y/n), you shouldn't disturb his highness. You aren't children anymore, at least he isn't."

"Huh?"

"His highness is grown up now. He has responsibilities now and will have more responsibility in the future. So don't feel bad if he doesn't have time to play with you anymore."

Her words stung and the rest of the break went suffocatingly quiet with her mindlessly chartering and you nodding on absentmindely.

The day quickly went away with Penelope's words ringing in your head.

                  ***
The next day simply went more strange than previous one. Claude didn't show up. And Penelope continued to nag you about leaving him alone. At some point fed up with her patronizing, you gave her the bird and she did shut up, fuming in offense.

"Claude!"

"No. I don't have time for idle chitchat. I'm busy."

You reasoned that he must be busy with the war preparation. So your tried next day. But the day went the same way with Claude strangely avoiding you and you trying to talk him..

"Claude, for god's sake, wait! We need to talk!"

"I'm a atheist. And I'm busy."

The day after same with Claude avoiding you and you chasing him. It was becoming a daily routine much to your dismay and confusion. You practically felt like a bloody hellhound out to find Claude to no avail. He was way too good at avoiding people. Or you sucked at finding people.

"If you said you're busy one more time I'll punch you, Claude!"

"....You're annoying. Like I said I don't have time to spare. Leave me alone." Saying those dry words, he left, leaving you dumbfounded with your veins threatening to pop.

The next day you were at the forth floor of the white tower having finished your last patient. You sat beside the window, pen spinning between your fingers.

What's wrong with Claude? He was being ridiculous. What the hell was he so adamant at avoiding you? Just what the hell happened?

Your jaw ticked as as your fingers spun the pen more aggressively. What the hell does he think I am? The evil nurse and this, a horror game where he has to avoid me at all costs to survive. Right now, I certainly do feel like murdering him.

Your colleagues eyed you with wariness. Your dark mood was spreading through the room, sending chills down their spine as they argued who would dare to approach you.

"Hey, (Y/n) where should I put this? Roman gave me the list and said you to check it."

Your gloomy mood was interrupted by your colleague Kevin who coolly approached you while hoping you wouldn't hear his pounding heart.

"Let me see." You sighed and took the check list. You had to tick mark the knights you had given treatment to. It was easy but tedious. So you numbly storm through the checklist.

Kevin sat there, waiting you to finish with wary eyes.

You were almost done when a view outside paused you. From the window you could see half of the Imperial ground including the gardens placed around different palaces. Ether was there chasing with his claws out after a butterfly that looked familiar but that's not what called your attention. Two barely distinguishable small figures were walking slowly in the garden filled with colourful flowers and shades of trees.

Your eyes twitched.

It didn't take genius to figure out who they were. Claude and Penelope were taking a stroll through the garden while Penelope was giggling and whispering to him. All the while Claude had a stiff expression.

Oh. After avoiding you so persistently, Claude was taking a lovely stroll in the lovely wheather with your lovely fake sister. How lovely indeed~~

"The p-paper?! It's on fire!? It's b-burning?!" Kevin shrieked in panic as orange flames erupted from your hands catching the fragile paper in its scorching heat.

You blankly stared at the burning paper in your hands that soon turned into ashes and fell on the table.

Kevin was still shrieking and crying over it. You looked up and in the most monotonous voice you said. "Ah, my magic. It went haywire."

"The p-pen?!" Another shriek.

Another monotonous reply. "Oops, Sorry I broke it."

Kevin spluttered out, jaw dropped to the floor, eyes bulging out of sockets as he gobsmacked watched the metal pen broken in halves.

"Kevin, cover for me. I got something super important." You dashed to the window, grabbed it's frame. "I'd help you next time. Thanks!"

"W-wait. Roman will have my head!! Don't--Ahhh she jumped!!" His terrified scream faded way as you jumped off the window.

You opened the gate linked between Ether and you, connecting your magic. You summoned a gust of wind which dispelled your momentum of your free fall from fourth floor to death and you landed on your feet, stumbling at the sudden adrenaline rush.

"Whoa! That was cool. Nope. Nope, Not the time." You caught yourself from admiring your cool skill and ran to them.

"Claude!"

Claude turned to you stunned. And again the same strange emotion flickered within his blue eyes you been seen through all this wild goose chase. You sped up already knowing he was going to bolt again with stupid excuses.

You give me no other choice, Claude! Two magic circles opened up under Claude and blue chains shot up but with just a flick of his wrist he nullified your magic, giving you a sharp look.

You knew your magic was way too weak compared to him but you didn't know he could disable your magic with just a careless flick of his wrist. Fuck.

"I forgot something really important. I have to go." He turned to Penelope and said in unhurried, calm manner. Before you could even reach him, with a bright blue flash he teleported away.

His magic traces still charged in the air as you stopped and clenched your fists.

Why was he acting like a guilty child caught red-handed breaking a vase and was running away from getting his ass whooped?!

"Dammit!" You cursed more. Penelope walked to you, frowning.

"Sister. What's the matter you look distressed?" She asked with a sweet smile that aggravated you beyond words. Something about the smile was triggering and provoking.

"Fine. Fucking fine!" You almost screamed in frustration. "I've something important too. Bye!"

You left Penelope gaping at you with bulging eyes. She never knew you had such vulgar mouth.

The next day your gloom felt even more profound.

"A ghost?!"

"Depressed Apparition?!?"

"No, she can only be evil Poltergeist!"

"Y/n, is that you?!"

"What happened? Is she dying?"

"Wow, she's not messing with us. Certainly something happened."

The peaceful workplace erupted with loud exclaims as you tread inside lifelessly, shadows of gloom covering you in pitiful state. You looked haggard, pale with dark bags under your eyes. You walked like a zombie, slow and lifeless. No wonder those remarks.

Normally Ether and you loved to mess around with them but you didn't have a penny of energy to spare and so you sluggishly just went on with your work ignoring the bewildered, cautious glances of your colleagues.

Your cheerfulness was sucking away. Dark clouds of melancholy clustered above your head, making it impossible to cheer up.  Claude was one reason but your sleepless night was culprit too. You've been having strange dreams, dream that made no sense. Dreams that you were having on daily bases with no recollection. You always woke up to the strange dreams already fading into nothing leaving behind the soul-clenching sense of loss and melancholy. You couldn't sleep and headaches were starting to become pain in the ass. Your sleep deprived mind was also restlessly trying to piece the reason why Claude was being so distant to you.

You walked through the hallway once it was break time, mind blank. You didn't want to go to Garnette Palace.

"(Y/n)" A voice called out but you couldn't hear. Too lost in your mind. "Hey!"

"Oh. Hi Felix." You turned around to greet him with tired smile.

"What happened? You look awful." Felix said patting your head in concern.

You smiled. At least someone cared. "Nothing. Just stressing about a certain someone who's been a jerk."

"Eh?" Felix tilted his head, puzzled. "I don't understand but you should take better care of yourself."

"Like you're one to talk." You scoffed, playfully nudging him. He smiled sheepishly.

"Your highness." Felix' looked up and smiled.

You tensed up and whirled around to see him, the person who you've been chasing all this time. Along with him was Penelope, clinging to his arm with a sly smile. You ignored her instead you focused on him.

"Claude." You reached out to him but he only bypassed you and said
l in cold apathetic voice.

"If it's nothing important, don't disturb me."

Your mouth went dry, heart throbbing in sharp pain. Your eyes teared up and a droplet dripped down your pale cheeks at his callous, cold attitude. The pain from past days coming in slamming. You couldn't understand why he was suddenly ignoring your very existence, being so distant. Did you do something wrong? Did you do something to upset him?

"(Y/n) are you crying?!" Felix said panicking.

Claude stopped in his tracks and Penelope paused too, glancing at him before looking over her shoulder with a hard look.

"No. Something went in my eyes. It's nothing to worry about." You rubbed your eyes with your sleeves, shaking your head. "I gotta go. Work is waiting."

Felix puzzled only nodded like a clueless child while Claude's face became unreadable and you didn't wait for him to turn around and scoff at your tears.

The next few days you didn't show up for your usual bonding break-time. Making everyone visibly worried while Claude grew more silent and withdrawn making Felix extremely concern and Penelope disappointed.

                  ***

Moon rays fluttered through the window of your as few rays fell on you. You tossed in your bed. Eyes scrunched tight in pained expression, your lips tugged into a grimace. Your were sweating profusely.

"I'm also your daughter, father. What would it take for you to love me? Should I be more like Jeanette?" A girl cried out in despair and desperation.

"She's your daughter. Why can't your majesty just spare her a fraction of your affection?" The plead of a fragile woman.

"You're getting ahead of yourself. Why would I considered the words of a filth like yourself." The cold, sharps words filled with contempt.

You bolted upright. Feeling the remnants of the dream still lingering in your racing heartbeat and palpitations. In your heavy breathing.

How long it had been since your had dreamt about it..?

You couldn't remember. Didn't want to remember. No, you remembered everyday. But you had no freaking idea about what you dreamt that brought tears to your eyes and such anguish to your heart.

This dream always brought so many emotions and feelings sometimes it was just hard to breathe. It took all your strength to bury those feeling deep within your core and erase it.

Dream. It's just a freaking dream.

It was making your head swirl in dizziness. Your stomach was churning when the image of a  blurry grief-stricken girl's back flashed before your eyes.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

Taking a few more deep breaths, you let out a long drawn sigh. What the hell's up with this dreams?'

As your conscious finally focused, you felt a gentle pat on your cheek. You opened your eyes and peered at your concerned cat who whimpered.

"It's alright. I'm fine. It's just a dream. A dream."

Deciding the next best course of action was freshen yourselff up and take a stroll to get some fresh air to alleviate your tensed muscles.

You stood up and wobbled towards the window, watching the full moon brightening the sky.

"A walk. I need fresh air." You murmured to yourself and climbed out the window. Ether sat in your shoulder, rubbed his whiskers on your cheeks.

The window's magic flickered as you went out through it.

Claude had put a magic spell on it so that no one could peer in. He was ticked off at the quote unquote, 'Uselessly useless design' of the window when you first time showed him the room.

Your heart throbbed at the thought of him and you hurriedly shook your head to erase his image from your mind.

You lazily started walking, a place in your mind. Still reeling from those dreams, no nightmares.

Some paranoid part of you wondered if it was really a dream. Why did those dreams felt so real?

No, no, don't think about it. It's just manifestation of stress, nothing more. Nothing more.

The cool air, the gentle rustling sound of leaves, the sweet tweets of night insects soothed your overwhelmed mind and brought a serenity.

Soon you reached your destination. A pond, more appropriately a lake filled with clear crystal water near a clearing. With tall trees bordered around it. A beautiful, peaceful solitude place.

It was abandoned since a new lake was build out at the Imperial Palace. One which only the Royal members used.

So you could come here without anyone disturbing you and just have a 'me time'.

You sat on the soft grass and watched the breathing taking scene infront of you. The lake surface reflected the stars and the moon and occasionally the water rippled as wind passed through it.

The wind gently caressed your skin and you closed your eyes letting out a hum.

It was beautiful. It was peaceful. More importantly it was a escape from daily stressful things. Escape from him and your restless thoughts of him.

You dropped back on your back with Ether parched on your chest purring as he clawed at it. It tickled so you grabbed him from his scruff and put him down only for him to climb back and make himself comfortable.

You huffed amused but let him be.

The sky was full of twinkling stars as they glittered like diamonds on the midnight coloured canvas. A small smile formed on your lips.

"So beautiful." Your hand extended to the sky as if to grab it's beauty and you looked through gaps of your fingers. The stars looked even more brilliant.

"I knew I would find you here."

Startled you let out a small surprised cry and sat up quickly. You whirred around only to see the person you longed the most to see. Also dreaded and wanted to avoid.

Surprisingly Penelope wasn't with him. How rare. You thought drily. Your mind could still make sarcastic remarks despite reeling from shock.

"Claude." You stared wide eyes as he walked towards you. "W-hat? How...how do you know this place? And most importantly what are you doing here?"

Claude made himself comfortable beside your frozen figure. He had this rare slight anxious expression and your stomach sank in nervousness.

"I came here to see you. We need to talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 209 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...
184K 5.9K 39
Everyone thought the first princess died on the guillotine. But in fact, she fooled them all. Now living happily with her husband and three kids, wha...
96.4K 2.5K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...
8.3K 291 11
Claude only had one wish, save Diana from her fate, love her properly the way he couldn't in her short life, and create a family with her, with their...