Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

39. Unexpected Appearances

6K 384 183
By ExhaustedSoul06

"You look fine. I'm glad to see you're doing good." Penelope smiled, tugging a loose strand behind her ear.

You were still frozen in shock. Why was Penelope here?

She looked expectantly at you and you realised that she was waiting for your answer.

"Ah, yeah. I'm totally good, I mean fine." You awkwardly smiled at her.

She next greeted Claude with a elegant, cutesy bow. "It's a pleasure to meet you, your highness. I'm Penelope Judith from Judith house and I'm (y/n) big sister. I hope I didn't intrude on you."

You watched amazed. Penelope was no longer cute, adorable but had become a elegant lady with well mannered etiquette. You wondered if Etiquette enforcer Rosalia trained her. You shuddered at the thought of going through same routine.

Claude raised a eyebrow looking indifferent. "I think you should know the answer to that. It's rude to barge in middle of a conversation."

Penelope flinched and you had to admit it was real cold of him and you were reminded of your own first --er second meeting with him.

"I'm deeply apologize. I was so happy to see my sister that I couldn't control myself. Please pardon my mistake." Penelope bowed and gave Claude puppy eyes stare.

You could only stare bewildered at her. Happy? Her? To see me? Did she eat something wrong?

Claude didn't even bat an eye at her cutesy act. "Just be careful next time. Not everyone will overlook it."

His demeanor went cold as he looked away from her in disinterest. Taking a step close to you when you shivered from the cold breeze.

"We should take it inside. It's getting cold." Claude said, watching goosebumps that raised on your neck and bare arm as you shivered again.

"Sure." Penelope visibly deflated and her smile faltered but she forced it back. Glancing between you and Claude with slightly narrowed eyes.

You all started to walk back to lobby. Penelope tried to walk beside Claude. But Claude immediately switched position to your right. Using you as a wall to keep distance between them.

You could only awkwardly glance at Penelope, feeling half amused and half confused. You were sure she didn't stink so why was Claude treating her like plague?

"It seem like it's going to rain." Penelope started conversationally as awkward silence prevailed after the stunt Claude pulled.

She looked at Claude but Claude continued looking forward, not answering.

You stepped up before the silence got more awkward. "Yeah, it does look like it. But I don't mind. Rain is nice."

"You like rain?" Claude questioned gazing at the gathering grey clouds then at you.

"Yep! I love it." You eagerly nodded. "I love it even more to sleep on the sound of raining. It's so calming. So relaxing and soothing!"

"Sorry to bust your bubble but it's not going to rain. The grey clouds are just false alarm."

You let out a disappointed sound. "Aww, I was looking forward to it."

Penelope feeling like a third wheel tried to hide her frustration but it was crystal clear on her face.

She forced a smile and tried to revert the topic on herself. "Seem like you're enjoying your life here, little sister. You never tried to contact us. It makes me sad that I couldn't meet you. Now we have time to bond and I want to talk all about it. My first debutante you missed it and I want to tell you all about it."

"Debutante?" You tilted your head in confusion.

Claude shot you a amused look. "It's coming of age ceremony where a girl makes her official debut in society. Marking her eligible in social faction and heiarchy. How come you don't know about it?"

"Oh. I actually heard about it but I don't know the details." You sheepishly said.

Penelope tried to join in but Claude cut her off, not giving her a chance.

"Hmm. Let's see. So far I know. A girl makes her debute on her 14th birthday."

Huh? You thought girls normally debuted at the age of 18 according to all the historical manhwa you read. Maybe it's different here.

"14, huh? I still got one year then."

"One year too short, little sister!" Penelope said incredulously. "You need years to perfect your dance moves. Years! You can't just learn it in one year. You need to choice a partner who is single and eligible. There is couple dance then group dance with all other girls. So learning dance is essential."

"There is dancing?!" You asked horrified listening to her ramble.

Claude chuckled. "You're going to make a fool out of yourself."

"Don't jinx it!"

"Don't worry, little sister. I will help you with it. I don't think you can master it perfectly but we could work with it." Penelope said doubt clear in her voice as she tried to cheer you up.

Nah, Dancing..? Nope. I think I'd rather break my legs then as in Claude words make a fool out of myself. Dancing requires energy and all your energy was already being spent on your classes. Where the hell would you find energy to learn dancing?!

"I think I'll pass. Can't I just skip it?" You asked hopefully.

"Stop being a girl." Claude said amusement lacing his words. "And you don't have to learn dancing."

"That's impossible! Totally not possible! How the hell one change one's gender, huh?!"

"Then you're doomed."

Penelope again being left out sighed in frustration, as she tried to interject herself into the conversation to no avail.

You narrowed your eyes at his sarcasm. "Do you know dancing?"

He gave you smug smirk. "I'm perfect in it. I had to learn it when I was little even though it was pointless. It comes along with being a royal member. You've to perfect everything."

"Sounds tough. I'm glad I'm not you. But....I can't imagine you dancing." You tried imagining Claude dancing but all you got was a annoyed Claude yeeting his partner out of the ballroom with a 'go die, you suck' attitude. This guy can be every bit arrogant and picky when comes to doing something that requires unnecessary energy. He was way more lazy than you when it comes at expending energy.

You tapped your chin in thought. "You're perfect in dancing and I need a dance partner. Hmm? Claude, be my partner."

You said in serious tone, giving Claude the most dead serious look. Claude eyed you  for a moment before looking forward.

"Sure."

Your serious expression broke into wide grin. "For real?! I expected you to straight up reject me. Thank you!! You're my hero." You bumped your shoulder with his.

"E-eh?"  Penelope breathed out in shock.

Claude rolled his eyes. "I don't want to hear you nag me day and night. I can spare you one dance."

Penelope choked on air at his nonchalant bold agreement and your bold request. She stared bewildered, her green eyes rolling between you two in shock. "Are you sure about that, your highness? Tradition says only--"

"Stupid tradition are for stupid people. Those who fear changes blindly follow nonsensical traditions foolishly." Claude scoffed coldly.

You brow furrowed in confusion, you looked between them. They seem to know something you didn't.

Penelope looked distraught she tried to pursue Claude again.

"But rumours would start up. I'm sure you don't want a false rumours to spread around, especially since you're the second prince."

"I don't cares about rumours. Rumours are just stupid notion for fools to indulge in. I didn't take you for a gossiper, lady Judith." Claude coldly spared a flat look to her.

"No, of course not. I'm just worried about my sister's reputation. It's my responsibility to protect her. Don't you think, (Y/n)?"

The obvious answer was no. You mean technically yes since you knew all about it considering you had a little annoying sister but the responsibility of a big sister didn't fall on her because she's not your sister. But you couldn't say that.

You were still speechless at her unexpected questions so you decided to dodge the question.

"I guess. So Penelope, what are you doing here?" You asked instead.

She weakly smiled at you and sadly clutched her parsol. "Are you unhappy with my presence, little sister? I guess you haven't forgiven me yet. You're still blaming me. I understand."

Huh? What the hell? Just what did she interpret from your words?! It was a just friendly query!!

Did she have to bring that up infront of Claude? Did she not know that one should not bring their dirty laundry out in public?! You suddenly wanted to snatch her parsol and whack her on the head.

So you forced a smile and lied through your teeth. "I don't know why you think that but that's not true. I don't dislike you." I actually hate you now. Sorry but not sorry.

"Ah, I see. I'm relieved that you don't hate me. I don't know what would I'd done if you did say you hate me. But I truly glad." She sighed in relief as if a heavy burden was lifted from her shoulder.

Was she really worried about you hating her? She never brought it up when you lived in the Judith Manor. Could it be that she was scared you would blow up on her? You felt slightly guilty. Was she feeling burdened with your Momma death, blaming herself and never confronting you? And you never really tried to talk with her.

As you mused about it ,Penelope threw a subtle glance to Claude who looked slightly intrigued but one look at your uncomfortable face and he dropped his curiousity.

You cleared your throat, shoving down the unpleasant memories that came along from seeing her. "So what are you doing here? Did you came to visit me or is there other reason?"

"Father has returned. I came here to meet him."

"Mister is back?" You blinked in surprise.

Penelope nodded. "Yes, he's currently in audience with his majesty. I'm sure father would love to see you. Why don't you go and greet him?"

"Sure. I'll do that." You were actually happy to hear the news. In the whole Judith family the only person who was likable was Lionel.

"Wait. I was hoping to have sisterly bonding time with you. Afterall it's been three years since we talked." She pleaded with hopeful eyes.

You cringed. You never actually interacted with her much. Most interaction you ever had was with Rosalia constantly nagging you to behave like proper lady. So you didn't know how to answer her. "Maybe later. Once I meet up with Mister, we can talk if you want to."

"Alright. Let's meet afterwards." She smiled happily. And you felt slightly guilty for not putting the same genuine efforts to connect with her.

You quickly walked away, waving at Claude. Her words sounded sincere but why did you feel so uneasy, that those words didn't truly feel sincere. She can't be faking it, right?

Claude watched your distancing form with a frown, deep in thought.

"Your highness?"

Claude turned his gaze on Penelope.

"Can we take a walk? I'm not familiar with the premises. I was hoping you could show me around. Maybe the garden first. I've heard lots of wonderful things about it. I'd like to see it myself." Penelope asked sweetly, a charming smile on her face as she coyly twirled her loose strands with her finger.

Claude merely blinked at her. "It's in opposite directions. I don't have energy or time to waste. Ask a maid to help."

"But your highness.." Penelope tried once again only to shut up from Claude's sarcastic words.

"I'm sure you'd have no problem in finding your way wandering around just like you found us. And interrupted us."

Penelope face redden in embrassment as she spluttered out excuses.

Luckily or unluckily for Penelope, a maid passed by. Claude recognised her as your temporary caretaker: Marie.

"Marie."

Marie deeply bowed in respect as she stopped before them. "Yes, Your highness?"

"Show this lady the garden. Make sure she doesn't wander off on her own and barge in on someone's conversation."

Marie nodded, slightly confused. "As you wish, your highness."

Claude walked away, not sparing a glance at the fuming, redden brunette who clenched her parsol to the point of snapping it.

                *****

You reached the waiting room, quietly taking a seat outside. You tapped your feet as you impatiently waited for Lionel to come out from the audience room.

Your mind churning from earlier encounter with Penelope. Her words were eating at you more than you like you admit. It was true you resented her for your Momma's death but it wasn't her fault. Not truly. You never knew that she knew about your resentment towards her.

Creaking sound snapped you out of your musing. You head shot up in anticipation as the double door opened only to fell back in absolute disappointment.

"He won't survive it." Anastacius said and walked out with a triumphant smirk. He didn't notice you at first too engrossed in whatever victory he was celebrating but shortly after he stopped and turn to you much to your dismay and fear.

Great, the death flag was walking towards you. Was he going to pull the same stunt as before and try to kill you. Should you make a run for it?

"Well, well if it isn't the prodigy of the white tower." Anastacius stopped before you and smirked lazily. "You've been quite the talk among the knights and staff recently. It's quite a pleasure to meet you finally. It's almost felt like you were avoiding and hiding from me, Miss (Y/n) Scarlet."

You gritted teeth as he feigned innocence. He was behaving like he never tried to murder you in cold blood.. This freaking jerk!

He wouldn't be further from truth. Yes, you did your best to avoid him the ultimate deathflag. But curse your fate you just had to encounter him when you were still reeling from Penelope appearance.

Did everything not to gain his attention but it seem it wasn't enough.

"Wonder why that is, Crown Prince?" You said bitterly. You hadn't forgotten his assassin attempt on you.

Anastacius smirk widened almost creepily. "I suppose I might have an idea. But let's forget and forgive. It's in the past, there is no reason to bring it up now."

"You can't erase the past, your highness. Absolutely not even if you tired. Only one can learn from it and realise one's mistakes and repent it. But it seem someone has yet to realise it!" You smiled, a bitter sarcastic smile.

Anastacius smirk disappeared, he paused almost as if listening to something and scowled. "Did my little brother filled your mind with how much of a bad guy I am?"

What? Really? Is he seriously going to play the blame card on Claude?

You deadpanned. "No. Claude didn't say anything. I can see for myself."

"And what do you see, enlighten me?" He spread his arms in mock grand gesture, a sardonic smile on his face that pissed you off.

"A bitter, insecure person."

"..."

".....I've go meet my father so if you'll excuse me." You bowed slightly, watching his face darkened as his cold eyes glared at you.

You grimaced as you walked passed his eerily stilled figure. You just provoked him, it was miracle he was letting you leave intact. So you took the opportunity as zoomed away, stopping at the end of the hallway. You bend over your knees panting trying to calm your racing heartbeat. Fear and nausea coursed through your veins. It was same as before. You couldn't place why the fear always consumed you along with nausea. It's as if your body had come in contact with foreign parasite trying to attack you. And your body was repelling it.

"Fuck, I just let my emotions take control again." You grabbed your head in despair once you calmed down. "I hope it wouldn't come back to bite me in the ass."

You sat there, leaning against the pillow as you waited for Lionel to show up. You were too scared to go back and see the Crown Prince. What if he attacked you? You were powerless against any magical attacks even if it's weak.

You didn't have wait for long for Lionel to come as he arrived. Walking with a distressed expression. Lionel's eyes widened when he saw you and he smiled, quickening his pace.

"It's good to see you, my child." He hugged you once he reached you. You stiffen in surprise.

"You've grown so much. I can't believe it's been 3 years. I missed so much. I've lot of catching up to do." He released you and patted your head, checking you head to toe.

"So how you been? Did anyone mistreat you?" He asked worried. "Did they force you to do something dangerous thing against your will?"

He shot one after another question as you tried to keep up and ease his worries. "No, mister. They all are nice. A little bit rude but they never harmed me. They taught me all about healing herbs and even magic too! Just like you had said!"

He breathed out in relief and smiled tiredly. "I'm glad. I was worried the king wouldn't keep his words and might have hurt you. But looks like all my fears are for nought."

Lionel had aged drastically, mostly from stress and tension. His lush brown hair had gone grey, losing his luster. There were deep wrinkles on his tired face.  Deep eyes bags stood off on his pale feature which looked gaunt. He looked to have lost weight and wasn't looking healthy. He complexion sickly pale white. He was fading away fast.

What the hell happened to him? Was the mission that stressful?

"You don't look good, mister. Are you sick?" You worriedly scanned his pale features.

Lionel gave you a tired smile, his eyes unfocused as if reliving some nightmares. "It's the repercussions of using black magic, child. I knew I shouldn't have listened to the Emperor when he told me to use forbidden curse spell on the Monarchs of the Pristella. I'm paying the price as you see it."

Your eyes widened. "Black magic..?"

Lionel shook his head, eyes focusing on you. "It's nothing to worry about. I knew what I was doing. Just not the price I'll pay with my life. But I had to protect my family, protect you. Keep my promise to your mother......I'm rambling off, aren't I? Seem like I'm too tired to control my tongue today."

W-what?! Curse? Black Magic? What was he talking about? Protect you? Was he gone insane!?

He was scaring you with his mindless muttering. "M-mister?"

"It's alright. Once this wars finishes I'll take you away from here. You can be free."

"War? What war, mister?" Confused you asked. It hard to keep up with how much fast he was rambling.

"The war between Pristella and Obelia. It was long due. The deadly tension between us has to come to an end. They shouldn't have challenged the Obelia. This war will surely grantee our victory. I've made sure of that. Victory will certainly be ours."

You watched him with wry eyes. The way he was talking was honestly creeping you out. Was it the effect of using the black magic? Did he truly used black magic on someone?

You jolted when he grabbed your shoulders with a eager smile. "You will come me, won't you? We'll go back to home together once all this mess is cleaned. Aways from this cursed place filled with nothing but greedy people."

You hesitated, avoided looking into his dull lifeless eyes.

"Do you like it here?" He questioned when you couldn't come up with an answer.

"It has become familiar to me."

Lionel released your shoulder with a disappointed sigh. "Well, you still have time to think. Let me know once you decide. If you are worried about your education, I've contacts in Atlanta. This won't interrupt with your education. You'll still receive top notch Healer's course."

"Oh. I'll think about it" You were touched at his consideration. But still you hesitated in answering him.

"I won't pressure you. So think about, okay." Lionel patted your head with a smile.

"Okay." You gave him a small timid nod.

"I've to go now and prepare for the upcoming war. I'll see you once it over. Take good care of yourself, child."

You watched him with sorrowful eyes. He was the same kind person yet he wasn't. Something has gone awfully wrong with him during the mission in Pristella. Something that was slowly erasing his true self.

Why did bad things happens to good people? It wasn't fair. Life wasn't fair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.8K 2.5K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...
416K 16.1K 51
Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter only to dot on his niece. Life is truly un...
49.9K 1.5K 11
What if Athanasia from "Lovely Princess" didn't die? (The original novel by Plutus and webcomic by Spoon do not belong to me. Also, please be aware...
183K 5.2K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...