Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

By ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... More

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
47. Betrayal And Consequences
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

36. Comfort In Your Touch

6.6K 456 189
By ExhaustedSoul06

You woke up, feeling sluggish and sleepy. Sunlight pierced through the open window.

Yesterday's event rushed over and you groaned, feeling embarrassed.

Claude had walked you to your room. The walk was silent and awkward on your part because, despite your attempts to get him to talk, he remained mute, lost in his thoughts.

With a flick of your forehead, he was gone.

You reached out and caressed your forehead, the same spot Claude had touched. Even though he did it with a cold indifferent face, something about the gesture felt soft. Gentle. Intimate

You slammed your head on your pillow. Stop overthinking! Dammit, what the hell is wrong with me!? It's definitely a side-effect of reading too many romance novels. Now it's gotten in my head.

You rolled over and got up from your fluffy bed reluctantly when you realise you weren't going back to sleep. You went through the daily routine. You threw your Healer's uniform and pulled your hair into a high ponytail.

You arrived at the second floor of the white tower where the archive for healers was built.

"Good morning old man!" You chirped at Roman who grunted in annoyance at your nickname for him.

Instantly he passed you stacks of books with a glare. "Memorize them all. Imperial examination for Healer is coming soon. You need to prepare yourself for oral and practical exams. We'll go through mock practicals once you're done with this."

You could only watch with your jaw dropped in disbelief. "What?! I've to memorize all of this! There are at least 10 books here! And so fat at that!!"

"Within one week. And there will be more to come."

"I'll die!!"

"You should've thought it before becoming Healer. Just because you're a prodigy and the youngest girl to acquire a room for yourself in the white tower doesn't mean you won't have to put effort into your position." He haughtily adjusted his glasses. "Try not to die."

"I hate you, old man!" You cried out as Roman walked away with a victorious smirk. For today he won the unclaimed battle of tormenting the other.

You looked at the stacks of books with a pained look and decided to get moving if you wanted to finish it within a week. Being a healer sucks!!

You chose your room to concentrate on your work. After hours and hours of torture of memorizing godawful names, you took a break.

Sighing you looked out the window the cool breeze always calming you before looking at the notes you made. Stupid studies.

"Let's go meet Claude and Felix. See what they are up to!" You nodded to yourself.

The event of yesterday flashed and you grabbed your head. "Nope! Let's not think about it."

You hummed your favourite song as you made you way your way to Gannett Palace. You passed Claude's Nanny who smiled at you kindly, guiding you to the room. She waved you goodbye.

You entered the lobby to see Felix relaxed back and rubbing his temple tiredly.

You were surprised. The always-smiling Felix looked tired today.

The instant he heard footsteps he straighten up, fixing his posture.

"Hey,( Y/n)" He greeted you with a soft smile that looked exhausted.

You frowned in concern. "Felix are you alright? You look burnt out."

You sat beside him reaching for his forehead. His temperature was normal so he wasn't sick.

Felix smiled tiredly at your concern. "I'm fine. Just the regime has gone more strict. My body's still not used to it so the exhaustion. Once my body gets used to it I'm sure I won't feel this fatigued."

"Hmm." You softly brushed his red hair off his forehead. His cheeks flushed at your tender touch as he leaned in like a touch-starved puppy.

Yeah, you had forgotten just how hard becoming a knight was. The brutal training progressively gets harder as you rank up. He must be getting burnt out.

"How about I give up a massage?" You offered

Felix blinked. "A massage?"

You beamed, lightly hitting his forehead. "Yes. When I used to get tired Mom used to give me a head and shoulders message. And it did wonders on my fatigue."

He hastily shook his head. "I don't want to trouble you. I'm really fine without it."

"Nonsense. There is no trouble." You wagged your finger at him. "I'm your friend, Felix. Would you find it troubling if I asked for help? No right!? Then let me help you. It's no big deal."

He sighed, smiling softly. "There is no changing your mind, huh? Alright."

You snapped your fingers in delight. "That's my knight! Felix, would you mind sitting on the carpet? Your height is sorta problematic."

Curse you, my stupid height!

"No. It's fine." He sat down on the carpet, before you.

"Kick back and just relax! You have a professional massager (y/n) at your service, exclusively!"

Felix chuckled at your childish antics. "Hmm."

Your hands rolled over his head, applying the right amount of pressure. You felt him relax as he melted in your touch letting out a happy sigh.

"See. Works better than magic doesn't it?!"

"You're right. I feel relaxed."

"You should take it easy you know. You can't push yourself too hard." You knead his shoulder adding a bit of your mana to help him with his fatigue as you voiced your concern.

Felix gently shook his head. "I have to. I have to get stronger to be the person Claude can rely on to have his back. The person he can trust to help him."

Ladies and gentlemen the Oscar for best wingman goes to tomato boy: Felix!

"You already are, Felix." You smiled at him.  "You're his knight in shining armour, Felix. All you lack is self-confidence. Try increasing that."

Felix bashfully smiled at your words before he choked once he registered your words. "K-knight in shining armour?!"

"C'mon, Felix don't be shy. You deserve the title. After all, you're the one who comes running in to help when you see him in trouble just like a hero~" You said slyly as the boy's cheeks flushed.

"Please, stop it!"

"Oh my. The future knight is so shy! It's adorable." You laughed as he spluttered out in embarrassment.

The playful atmosphere waft around the room as you massaged his shoulders. Suddenly the door opened and Claude walked in, face scrunched up as he seem irked by the stuffy collar of his expensive suit.

"Yo, Claude!" You greeted like usual. Felix too smiled in greeting, face still flushed.

Claude froze. His poker face twitched as he took in the duo.

"Just what did I walk into?"

You made a face."What do you mean by that? I'm just giving Felix a massage."

Claude took a seat beside you and you jolted in surprise. He ignored your baffled face and leaned back lazily on the sofa.

"Want one?" You asked trying to erase your sudden self-consciousness.

He replied. "No."

You shrugged your shoulder at his cold reply. "Fine. Suit yourself."

....

You choked at the awkward silence. Claude was scrutinizing you with an intense look, face leaned in his palm casually with an air of indifference but he slightly looked displeased.

"Felix your hair is soft!" You start conversationally, desperate to break the tenseness.

"Really? I just wash them." Felix scratched his cheeks in a shy manner.

You blinked. "You mean it's natural? Aww, why do people like you get the best of deals."

"What so nice about his hair? They look like rotten tomatoes." Claude commented.

Felix visibly deflated.

"Hey! They don't look like rotten tomatoes. More like soft petals of roses." You patted his head consolingly.

As if a switch flipped on, Felix brighten up with a dazzling smile.

Claude gave you a dubious look. "You need to get those eyes checked. His hair looks like a year-old writhed roses."

Instantly Felix deflated, all brightness gone replaced with a depressive aura.

You rebutted instantly. "Hmph! How would you know? You didn't even touch his soft, fluffy hair. They not only look nice but also feel nice!"

Felix beamed, brightness returning.

"Tch. Like I would ever touch those frizzy, shaggy hairs. It looks gross. What more evidence do you need to stay away from it."

"Don't speak before you even experience it. They look soft and they are soft." You were stubborn as you patted Felix's crimson hair and you refuted.

Felix's face twitched, caught between beam and frown. Stuck at a strange expression as if his face was getting whiplash from changing expression rapidly.

"Let's agree to disagree. We'll never see eyes to eyes on this matter."

"Fine. But I still stand in point that Felix's hair is the softest thing ever." You said stubbornly with puffed cheeks.

Claude scoffed. "Dream on. He can't compete with mine."

You too huffed. Both of you looked away from each other pointedly. Felix chuckled nervously, feeling like he was caught between two tantrums throwing children.

You continued with the massage with a small pout. You gently thumped his shoulder with your fists.

"Is that relaxing?" He shrugged off his coat and leaned back, crossing his ankles. He had gotten comfortable to the point that he openly complained about stuffy suits and coats and how he wished he could strangle the person responsible for such uncomfortable clothes.

"It is, your Highness. You should give it a try!"

"Let it be, Felix. He wouldn't want me to---"

"Fine. If you insist. I'll give it a shot." Claude cut you off, nonchalantly replying.

You gawked at Claude's sudden change of heart. Blinking you cleared your throat to hide away your surprise.

"Sure. Let me finish with Felix first."

"He had enough. Don't you, Felix?"

Felix feeling the imminent doom quickly nodded his head. "Of course. Thank you, (y/n) I feel more refreshed and relaxed than ever before."

"But--" You opened your mouth to protest but let it go with a sigh. "Okay fine. You can ask me for another round anytime, Felix. Don't hesitate from asking me okay."

He nodded with a smile as he stood up and stretched his muscles.

You looked expectantly at Claude who raised an eyebrow.

"Come, sit down."

"Do I have to sit on the floor? Can't--"

You cut him off. "Nope. You might not be as tall as Felix but you are still tall to be a problem. So yeah, you've no choice but to sit down on the floor."

"Don't treat me like a dog." Despite his words, he sat down, leaning against the couch.

You started with his head, gently putting pressure and using your finger to rub his scalp.

Claude jumped at the contact and stiffly let out a shuddering breath. The instinct to throw you off coming strong.

You didn't notice his frozen form, too occupied by his soft hair. He wasn't kidding when he said his rich golden locks can't compete

It was soft like feathers. Silky smooth to run your fingers through it all day and never get tired. Aww, I'm jealous. I wanna such soft hair.

"Can you relax? I'm not going to pick out your hair, you know."

He tensed up, even more, shoulders stiffening. You rolled your eyes at his stubbornness.

"Never mind then."

You pulled back his head gently to massage his forehead. Hands moving in circles on his temples.

His piercing blue eyes stared at you as you rubbed circles on his forehead.

"..." You gulped overwhelmed by his otherworldly features and mesmerizing blue eyes. It should crime to be this beautiful!

"..." Claude wordlessly seems to be searching your eyes much to your confusion.

Your heart skipped a beat as you continued to stare into his glimmering blue eyes. A strange hush falls in your mind. It felt so intimate with your hands running through his shimmering silky golden locks. Your hands faltered at the strange warmth encompassing your heart, making it race. You hastily pushed his head forward to break the eye contact.

Your cheeks heated up. The hell?! What's wrong with me?

"What was that for? Are you trying to dislocate my neck?" Claude sharply said as he glared at you.

"Ah! Sorry! My bad!" You hastily tried to lessen the heat in your cheeks.

Why am I apologising? You should be one to blame! Do you have any idea just how dangerous your beauty appeal is for this fragile heart?!

"Whatever." He clicked his tongue.

Mentally taking a deep breath you continued with the massage, moving your hands down his shoulders.

"Holy crap! Your shoulders are stiff as a rock. Relax!" You exclaimed astonished. It felt like you were kneading a hard rock instead of human skin.

Claude did exactly the opposite. He tensed up like before.

"I said relax. Not to become a stiff board." You said again.

He remained silent before his voice came out strangely timid. "I....don't know how."

"Huh?" It was silent Felix who let out a surprised sound along with you. Both of you were dumbfounded.

He bristled, getting defensive. "What? Like I said I don't know how to relax. My body is so used to being on guard and alert. I no longer know how to undo it."

You raised your hand in surrender at his defensive tone. "Okay, Okay, no need to be upset. We are not judging you. It just came out as a surprise that's all."

Felix too tried to appease his fuming brother. "Don't worry your Highness. I understand. We can help you relax."

"That's right! I can help you. Just follow what I say, yes?" You tenderly pressed your thumb to his temple, rubbing in circles and Claude flinched.

Taking a deep breath Claude gave you both a sceptical look before nodding slowly.

"Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Release it slowly." You instructed softly.

Claude looked lost for a moment before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath and he exhaled slowly.

"Again. Deep breath. Release it slowly." You repeated the instructions and Claude followed them like an obedient child.

It took a whole minute for his shoulders to sag and his stiff muscles to relax. And your mana helped too as you let it surge through him in gentle waves.

You beamed at him proudly. "That wasn't so hard, was it? Now, whenever you want to relax just take deep breaths or maybe think about something that makes you relax. Normally I look up at the stars to completely relax but you can find other things that make you relax."

He mutely nodded, there was a shyness to his actions as he averted his gaze, looking anywhere but at you.

"We should start your training. Like I promised I'd teach you how to open a mana portal." He cleared his throat before commenting

"What? Can't we do it later? I'm tired." You pleaded and grinned mischievously as your arm snaked around his neck and you leaned in, chin resting on his head.

You swayed his head as you continued to plead. "And I got tons of homework to finish. I swear that old man is secretly trying to give me more work than usual. Sly bastard. Ah, just thinking about it makes me so exhausted."

"When are you not tired?" Claude rolled his eyes, stiffening slightly at your proximity. "You're already stalled enough with your silly excuses. Let's start tomorrow at the Imperial library."

Much to your gleeful delight, he didn't resist when you hugged him.

"Library?" You hummed in question. Wow, his hair is so soft. Softer than my favourite pillow.

"Yes. People won't disturb us since it's specific for royals. No outsiders are allowed. But no one uses it since everyone in the royal family has built an in-room library. So it shouldn't be a problem if you entered it." Claude continued.

"Oh, ~ Is our little perfect Claude finally entering the rebellious phase and being a rule breaker? Interesting."

"Don't push it. I'll double your work if you keep up the nonsense." He flatly said.

"Ack! No, no. Forget what I said. I looking forward to our training, Sensei!"

You deflated already exhausted just thinking about doing work. Why wasn't I born a stone or maybe a cloud? Being human sucks!

"Hmm?" As minutes passed you become bewildered and perplexed when he didn't make a move to order you to stop hugging him, he only awkwardly averted his eyes in a grumpy yet shy manner and didn't protest even when you messed up with his hair.

The Claude who loved his personal space would've sent you flying over his shoulder the moment you came anywhere near his bubble without batting an eye.

But now he made no move to remove you even though you were smothering him with your arms.

Is the world ending or something?

"What?" He raised an eyebrow when you made confused slash shocked sounds.

You gently placed your hand on his forehead and he made a face in return.

"Ah, you're not sick. So why are you acting so out of character?" You mused as you placed your head on his.

"Huh?"

You pulled his head back and looked at him with an intense look. "It's weird for you to act all docile like this. It makes me worried. Did you eat something weird? Or did you fall for my irresistible charms?" you added the last part with a cheeky grin.

Multiple veins popped on his forehead as he gave you an annoyed look.

He deadpanned. "As if. The only thing charming about you is when you're not talking. Only then do you become slightly bearable."

"At least you didn't deny my charms!" You playfully ruffled his hair. "Even a cold-hearted person like you couldn't help but give in to my quirky charms, huh? Makes me so damn proud of myself!"

His forehead throbbed violently at your conceited self-praising. "I had it with your arrogance."

With a twist of his body, he grabbed your wrist that was messing his hair and before you could even let out a surprised yelp you found yourself landing on the opposite sofa, upside down.

You stared at highly irritated Claude glaring down at you coldly with a cheeky grin.

"How can a person be this annoying is beyond me." He huffed with an exasperated look on his stoic face.

"You're a sweetheart too, Claude! Taking care to make sure I didn't fall on the marble floor and hurt myself. What a bizarre way to show your care for me. But I don't mind! I'm always up for new ideas." You gushed in a sing-song voice accompanied by the most infuriating smirk ever.

Claude exploded. "Shut it!"

Ah, there he is. My cold cinnamon roll looks so adorable when he loses his stoic composure, you thought with sadistic glee.

Poor Felix just sat there pretending to be a happy, invisible, frightened puppy to not get caught between your violent slash and playful banter in case he too got tossed around. He doubted that his brother shows the same mercy to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 16.1K 51
Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter only to dot on his niece. Life is truly un...
6.5K 207 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...
183K 5.2K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...
65.4K 2.6K 21
โ”€โ”€โ˜… ห™๐Ÿ“๐‚๐‹๐€๐”๐ƒ๐„ ๐ƒ๐„ ๐€๐‹๐†๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐€ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ! ๐‚๐Ž๐๐‚๐”๐๐ˆ๐๐„! ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐— ๐•๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž๐”๐’(?) ฬŸ !! โDid the idea of being a pa...