Can You Love Me Most? | 𝘙đ˜ĻīŋŊ...

By jxlvpin

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 đĨđ—ŧđ—ŧ𝐤𝐞𝐝 đĸ𝐧𝐭đ—ŧ 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝐈 đŖ𝐮đŦ𝐭 - 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘." ĪŸ Selene Black is the younge... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
1| Hello
2| Dementor! Dementor!
3| First Lesson
4| Nice Isn't He?
5| We Meet Again
6| Patronus
7| Brother
8| It Can't Be, Can It?
9| T H E T R U T H
10| Opinion
11| Heal
12| Waterloo
13| The Marauder's Map
14| Innocent
15| Holidays
16| Under the Mistletoe
17| Christmas Bliss
18| Trust Gred and Feorge
19| Triumph
21| Hurt
22| Monica's Discovery
23| Valentine's Day
24| Killjoy
25| Remus's 34th
26| Hermione
27| A Change of Patronus
28| Confessions
29| The Fight
30| Regrets
31| Champions
32| Luke Montez
33| Exams
34| Padfoot's Plan
35| Mission Slightly Failed
36| Chaos at the Shrieking Shack
37| Revelations
38| Peter Pettigrew
39| The Full Moon
40| And Everything Fell Into Pieces
41| Heartbroken
42| Last Hurrah
43| Last Train Ride and Letters
44| Ghost
45| 19th
46| Safe and Sound
47| The Beginning of The Auror Life
48| Training
49| Back at Hogwarts
50| The Third and Final Task
51| Aftermath
52| News
53| The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black
54| Recruiting For the Order
55| Reunion
56| Apology Accepted
57| Anastasia Dolohov
58| Peace Offering
59| Finally
60| The Advance Guard
61| Harry
62| Night Talks
63| Affirmations
64| Celebrations
65| False Alarm
66| Sick
67| Caught In The Act
68| A New Affair
69| Adjusting
70| Return
71| Suspicions
72| Lyall Lupin
73| Strained
74| Grief
75| Date
76| Mark Me
77| Mates
78| Red
79| St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
80| Happy Anniversary
81| Christmas at Grimmauld Place
82| First Day of the Year
83| Jealousy, Jealousy
84| Hell
85| Love of My Life
86| Congratulations, We're Engaged
87| The Will of Orion and Alphard Black
88| Down South
89| Last Days
90| Forever
91| Charles Dumbledore
92| Love Me
93| Just The Two Of Us
94| Angry, But In a Playful Way
95| An Unexpected Surprise
96| A Little Lupin
97| Level Nine, The Department Of Mysteries
98| You Promised
99| Spread Your Wings And Fly Away
100| A New Beginning
101| An Extraordinary Attachment
102| Remus' Babies
103| Butterflies and Baby Names
104| Come Back, Please
105| A Nostalgic Place
106| Reunited
107| I Gave You My Heart
108| The French Veela
109| Preparations
110| February 10th, 1997
111| Welcome To The Family
112| Everything
113| King Of My Heart
114| Dumbledore's Downfall
115| Until The End
116| Harry's Arrival
117| Mr. And Mrs. William Weasley
118| Everything Has Changed
119| Regulus Arcturus Black
120| The Capture
121| Not Who He Seems
122| Good To Have You Back
123| Enough
124| Birthdays and News
125| Two Unexpected Gifts
126| It's Happening
127| The Battle Begins
128| Fire & Blood
129| Live For Me
130| The End
Epilogue

20| Tighter Security

8.5K 212 35
By jxlvpin

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

A very loud scream jolted me from my deep sleep, I leaped from my bed, completely awaken by the strange sound as I browsed the room with my tired eyes. I saw light movements beside me, and saw that Monica too was awake.

"What was that noise?" she asked, fixing her hair as she stood from her bed and lighted the lamp on her nightstand.
"I have no idea." I said, my eyebrows scrunched together.

The two of us traded shaken looks and decided to go out of our room to inspect what was wrong. The common room was illuminated by the flicker of the dying fire in the fireplace, and it was untidy from the mess we made during the party. It looked as though a swarm of Cornish Pixies had invaded the room.

"Who shouted?"
"What're you doing?"

Those were the questions that filled the common room as the commotion continued. The other girls had descended from upstairs looking sleepy, as well as the boys.

"Guess I wasn't dreaming." I heard Luke yawning, buttoning the first button of his pajamas.
"You guys heard that scream too?" Ollie asked, approaching me and Monica as the latter nodded in response.

As we got closer, we all realized that the scream belonged to Ron. He was looking so frantic and was being questioned by Harry and his other friends. "Excellent, are we carrying on?" said Fred, who was beaming. Monica gave him a glare, which probably meant 'no you idiot'.

"No, Fred." I said.

Percy then appeared from his common room, and was fastening his Head Boy badge to his pajamas and told everyone to head back upstairs, but his request was ignored.

"Sirius Black! In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!" whispered Ron.
The common room went very still, shaken chatter began to arise, and some of the Gryffindors had begun to look at me with judgemental looks, but Monica moved forward, defending me. "Nonsense!" said Percy, but he was beginning to look startled. "You had too much to eat, Ron – had a nightmare –"

But Ron kept on insisting that he did see Sirius and he entered their dormitory. Then, a startling sound came from the portrait and we all looked around, only to find Mcgonagall entering the common room, looking very furious. "I certainly didn't authorise this, Professor!' Percy huffed. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare –"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"

"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have got through the portrait hole?" Mcgonagall said suspiciously.
"Ask him!" said a very shaken Ron, pointing his finger at the back of Sir Cadogan's picture. "Ask him if he saw –" Mcgonagall went outside as we all listened attentively.

"Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?"
"Certainly, good lady!" cried Sir Cadogan.

The whole room burst into a deafening silence, nobody dared to utter a word. Not a single word came out of anyone's mouth, Mcgonagall was looking very shaken and her face was as white as chalk. She asked Sir Cadogan how could Sirius enter the common room if he didn't know the password.

"He had 'em! Had the whole week's, my lady! Read 'em off a little piece of paper!" answered Sir Cadogan. My eyes widened, and there were terrified squeaks from the crowd, Monica clasped her shaking hand against her lips and the next thing we knew Mcgonagall had returned to us, looking very pale. "Which person, which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?" she asked in a very taken aback voice.

There was utter silence, Neville Longbottom, raised his shaking hand slowly into the air. Mcgonagall's face turned from terrified to furious when Neville raised his hand and we all heard that he was banned from all future Hogsmeade trips and had to wait outside for someone to give the password.

Everyone casted disgusted looks at Neville who was hanging his head low in shame, but I was one of the few exceptions. I felt sympathetic for him. Really. Mcgonagall had left the common room to alert the other professors and search for Sirius throughout the castle.

"No," said a voice from the crowd and I realized that it was none other than Cormac Mclaggen, a student who was a year above Harry and his friends; I despised that kid to bits. "I don't think it's Longbottom's fault why Black entered Gryffindor Tower."

"Then who's fault is it?" another Gryffindor asked.

Mclaggen was smirking and said. "Selene Black, of course!" he pointed his finger at me, and everyone's attention had flew towards me. My eyes widened in anger, and I felt a rush of anger burning in my face.

"What makes you think that?" I snapped, crossing my arms.

"Well, you're Black's sister aren't you? And, that means you might have been his accomplice and you're helping him enter the castle so that he'll kill Potter." said Mclaggen, which made Harry furious as well.

A few Gryffindors, who I supposed were his friends, supported this and being chanting 'she's evil' over and over again. Monica then stepped forward, facing Mclaggen.

"So, just because she's Black's sister means that she's a mass murderer as well?" Monica yelled. "Well, I'll tell you what Mclaggen, she's nothing like her brother, and she's close friends with Harry. So, if she was his accomplice, they wouldn't be close. So if you don't shut that hole in your face and talk trash about Selene, you're gonna face me." Mclaggen looked terrified right now and moved at the back of the crowd.

"Anyone's got a problem with Selene?" Monica said, looking at the crowd. Nobody said a word and remained silent.

"You didn't have to do that." I said sheepishly. "And let him pick on you?" Monica muttered. "I will hex anyone who offends my best friend." I smiled gratefully at my best friend.

Not one of us slept that night and we all  stayed awake in the common room, waiting to hear whether Sirius had been caught.

McGonagall had finally returned at dawn, and told us that he again escaped. Everywhere we went the following day we saw signs of tighter security.  Sir Cadogan was sacked and his portrait had been taken back to its deserted landing on the seventh floor, and the Fat Lady was back, much to our relief. She had been expertly restored, but was still extremely nervous, and had only agreed to return to her job if she was given extra protection.

Sirius was the frequent topic of discussion of the whole school the following days.

A/n: hi guys! Sorry if this chapter isn't as interesting as you thought, but I'll be a bit busy tomorrow, coz I have a virtual seminar.

And also, Helen McCrory, the actress who played Narcissa Malfoy in the HP films has unfortunately passed away. Such shocking and sad news, but what's important is that she's in a safe place now with Alan Rickman and the other HP actors who have left this world.

She'll really be missed but will never be forgotten.

Let's raise our wands Potterheads!!

Anyways, thoughts on the story so far?

Comment, vote, follow!

Love,

Jazl xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 6.8K 39
She can't stop thinking about the whirlwind romance she had this summer, but when she walks into Defense Against the Dark Arts on the first day of he...
58.3K 2.1K 53
PAUSED ❝I do love you so much that I crave you more than you'll ever know. I crave you in the same way the stars crave the moon. The stars need the m...
14.7K 740 36
Sirius Black is starting his sixth year at Hogwarts. With all the abuse Sirius faces at home, all he really wants is a loving family. Sirius starts t...
318K 9.3K 35
Explained in the reader's point of view (also with a bit of Professor Lupin's, and a bit of Harry's) Story takes place on the events of the Prisoner...