SCARS | 𝖠𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖲𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈...

By obx_cult

❥︎ "JJ is missing Pope! What do you not understand about that? He could be getting tortured right now and we... More

1 - John B and Sarah are gone
2 - Heywards Offer (part 1)
4 - The Phantom
5 - Helping JJ
6 - Breaking the wall
7 - Changes
8 - The Fight
9 - Run away
10 - Thoughts
11 - Still children
12 - Comrades
13 - Truth?
14 - Kiara's missing
15 - "Is that a hickey?"
16 - Pogues don't keep secrets
17 - "Stay the hell away from our daughter!"
18 - Depression?
19 - Parents
20 - Break in
21 - Plans
22 - Drugs
23 - Breaking Kie out
24 - Small Confessions
25 - Friday evening party
26 - Aftermath of a party
27 - Cover Up
28 - Friends or Lovers?
29 - Arrested
30 - Here Again
31 - Assault
32 - Heyward's Sacrifice
33 - Kicked Out
34 - Scars for a Maybank
35 - "Just us?"
36 - Last summer's boat ride
37 - "This shit has got to stop!"
38 - First Day of School
39 - "Like father like son"
40 - Ending of our Childhood
41 - 1 month later
42 - "It's not a request, it's an order"
43 - "Did you do that to yourself?"
44 - The Shooting
45 - The End of the Pogues
46 - The Raven Haired Boy
47 - The Hooded Figure
48 - Missing Person
49 - Where is JJ?
50 - Drug Runnings
51 - The Gun Shot
52 - He's alive!
53 - Attempted Escape
54 - Rescue
55 - Life Support
56 - Luke Maybank pt.1
57 - Luke Maybank pt2 /// Jiara

3 - Heywards Offer (part 2)

2.5K 34 11
By obx_cult

{ JJ POV }

I didn't question Heyward at all because he probably thinks I didn't hear what he said so I just let him usher us towards his car.

It was a small, black jeep which was enough to fit 5 people in, I climbed in and sat in the back with Pope.

We were both pretty much silent the whole way apart from mumbling an occasional 'yes' or 'no' to Mr and Mrs Heyward who were trying to make small talk with me, but I wasn't in the mood for chatting. For once in my life I was not in the mood for talking.

I don't know they're acting like nothing happened, I was just tired of all of this. Why did we have to get handed the bad deck of cards in this game of life.

"Mum, Dad just leave him alone" Pope said effortlessly.
"Don't have to be so grumpy sweet heart we're just trying to get to know him a little better" His mum snapped back.

"But mum, you have literally known him for the past 4 years" Pope argued back.

I just smiled to myself, the fact that Pope can say that to his mum without at least getting a slap surprised me. But what else do I expect especially with my crappy dad, and I know that Pope's parents would never hurt him.

"No it's okay Pope" I said smiling at him
"sorry Mrs Heyward it's fine, I'm just a little tired right now"

"Sorry sweetie, I should of thought you were tired after the rough day you've had"
I just nodded and leaned my head against the seat, why was everybody acting like everything is normal. Nothing is fucking normal right now! We had just lost our best friend, no scrap that, he was family.

I started feeling the anger in me again, why do I have to be like this? Why can't I just be normal? Why do I have to be angry in every situation even the sad ones, why can't I be able to feel sadness? It's just replaced with anger. I quickly clenched my fist worried that I was gonna snap, I tried to distract myself from the thought of John B.

We had just pulled up to Popes house and I jumped out of the car and started walking up to his front door.

I literally had nothing with me except for the clothes Im wearing and a spare jacket that was tied round my waist. "You okay son?" Heyward asked as he fiddled around trying to unlock the front door.
"Yeah" I replied. Of course I'm not fine! how could I be fine!?

The door swung open and I stepped inside. It doesn't matter how many times I have been here but each time I come, I still get a fresh wave of  shock because of how nice it is.

It may be small but it's perfect it's gives off nice family vibes, something I'm not used to. The atmosphere feels safe and comfy and I always love coming to Popes house because I feel loved, and they treat me like their son.

{ Pope POV }

I let out a chuckle because every time JJ comes he looks around like it's his first time here. "JJ, what are you doing" I ask him as he is staring at the pictures on the wall

"What does it look like I'm doing dipshit" he replied raising his eye brows.

" I don't know staring at the pictures of me, admiring my beauty" I said sarcastically.
JJ just rolled his eyes.
"Whatever you say Pope"

"Boys, you hungry?" Dad asked I shook my head and so did JJ, we just wanted to go upstairs and talk in private. "Ok than goodnight make sure you actually get some sleep ,okay" He said to us as we started making our way up the stairs.

We got into my room which was a medium sized basic room with a desk and a wardrobe on one side of the room, and a double bed with cream covers on the other side. There were also posters of science groups and NASA and space X or as JJ called them 'nerdy posters'.

As soon as we got in JJ threw himself onto my bed " oh Pope, Pope, Pope" he said sighing.
"Yes" I said looking at him
"This is so fucked up, isn't it? All of it"
"Yeah it is"

"One day we're just the ordinary teenage Pogues just hanging out and having a good time, and then next we on the run from the boys in blue and now John B is gone" JJ stated.
"It's crazy" I replied.

We aren't truly devastated yet because the reality hasn't set in yet and it probably won't for a little while.

{ Narrator POV }

The boys just sat on the bed for a while talking about everything that had happened the past 2 weeks. "I already miss him" Pope confessed feeling his eyes getting watery.

JJ patted his shoulder
"Me too buddy, but ey you will always have me okay? I ain't going anywhere" JJ said with a weak smile.

After 20 minutes they were both asleep on Pope's bed.

_________________________________

The next morning at 10am Pope and JJ came downstairs to see that there are pancakes on the table "oh wow" JJ remarked sitting himself down and starting to eat.

Pope sat down next his blonde friend as they ate, they didn't realise how hungry they were until they started shovelling down the pancakes. Mrs Heyward just laughed at the two.

"Thankyou, Mrs Heyward they were delicious" JJ said taking his plate to the sink
"Yeah thanks mum" Pope added
"No problem boys, oh no JJ it's alright dear I will clean up"
"Ok if you insist" he replied backing away

{ JJ POV }

"Ah there you are" Heyward beckoned for me to come over.
"Hey" I said coming over with a small smile
"Ok son I have something to ask you"  he announced.

I became a little nervous, he isn't gonna ask about my dad is he? Pope walked into the room and took a seat on the chair next to me, I also decided to sit down. I nodded motioning for him to continue.

"So, JJ I know about your dad"
My breath hitched in my throat and I tensed, oh shit this isn't gonna be good.

"And I used to work with him and I know that he is uh quite the hot tempered sort of guy, isn't he JJ?" he chuckled

I nodded plastering on a fake smile trying to keep my breathing normal.

"Anyways I'm gonna cut the shit and get straight to it I know that he isn't exactly father of the year so, me and my wife had a talk and we would be happy for you to come and live with us"

Wait what? I released a breath which I didn't even realise I was holding in. "Are you serious?" I whispered
"Yes of course I am"
I looked over to Pope and saw his eyes widen in excitement.

"I um uh - I - I don't really know..." I stuttered.

How would my dad take this? He would for sure kill me if he found me? What do they know about my dad? I looked over to Pope eyeing him suspiciously he just shrugged his shoulders and gave me a thumbs up.

I hesitated further "I'm sorry.. but I can't accept" I spluttered " I just - I mean I'm fine with my dad and th-thankyou for offering but I don't think so.."

"It's okay I get it " Heyward reassured me patting my shoulder.

I felt sick, what does he actually know about my dad? Did Pope snitch on me?

"Ok but if you ever need anything you know I'm here for you" Heyward promised.

I threw my arms round him and hugged him tight. "Your always welcome here JJ" he added wrapping his arms around me. I pulled away after a few moments

"Your really skinny you know that" Heyward mentioned giving me a light prod on the stomach, I just shrugged.

"Sorry to break the moment dad"Pope strided over and placing a hand on my shoulder " but me and JJ got places to be at"

"Oh yeah of course you do, I was actually gonna ask you a few more questions JJ but I  guess it will have to wait until you get back" Heyward exclaimed.

"Well actually I was gonna go back home in a minute to like change and everything and than I will come out to the docks with you and Kie" I reminded them

"Oh ok" Heyward said
"Is it important" I asked
"Well I mean, not that much but I will be talking to you about it"

"Wh-what is it about?" I asked nervously
He sighed before replying "your dad"

I tensed. What the fuck does he want from me!?

"Like I said you are like a son to me and I just wanna make sure your ok"

I think Pope noticed the state I was getting into so he quickly said that we have to go and he grabbed me and steered me outside the house.

"What the fuck are you okay" he questioned
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine Pope" I replied trying to relax. Ugh why am I like this, I hate being questioned about my home life.

"Bro are you actually gonna go home! Do you know how mad your dad is gonna be we stole his fucking boat and it's not just any old boat man, it's a Phantom" he recalled.

"Pope relax!" I snapped grabbing his face and looking him in eyes "I'll be fine, okay? I'm just gonna go in get ready and come back out again okay man, he might not even be home for fucks sake!"

"Alright, alright just be careful, make sure your at the docks in an hour okay? Me and Kie will be waiting" he said.

I really didn't feel like hanging out with them at all. To be honest I just wanted to go and stay in bed, forever drowning in my sorrows.

But seriously how the fuck are people pretending it's fine. Or are they? Maybe I'm hallucinating.

"Ok I just might be a little late though, and if I am please don't come to my house?" I pleaded

"Hmm, we'll see, meet you in 2 hours at most, okay"
"Yep" I replied before starting to shakily walk back to my house.

I knew what was going to happen, my dad's gonna be pissed about what happened to his boat and I'm really going to be in for it...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 1.1K 28
One Direction. The biggest boyband right now. There debut album has just dropped, and the tour starts in a few months. But what happens when a girl...
277K 8.2K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
2.8K 87 18
Maya finally gets to a point in her life where she's had enough of people telling her she's too young but what will change regarding her relationship...
199K 4.2K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...