Darling [h.s]

Bởi xAshleighElizabeth

"Darlene, I want you to fuck me like you hate me" Harry pushes, taking a step closer. "I do hate you" I spit... Xem Thêm

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84

3

4.2K 96 122
Bởi xAshleighElizabeth

Song For this Chapter:

Medicine- Harry Styles

"I had a few

Got drunk on you and now I'm wasted"

Harry's POV:

I stood up my date, I kinda feel bad but then again it was just going to be another one night stand. I'll come up with some bullshit excuse later as to why I didn't make it. Got in a car crash or maybe my cousin fell gravely ill or some shit.

It was useless at this point cause for weeks all I could think about was her. I'll even admit I almost called a random hook up her name during sex. I caught myself though, saved myself from probably getting kicked in the balls. But no matter who the girl is I find my mind wandering to what it would be like with her.

At this point my imagination is more appealing than who I'm actually fucking. Might as well just use my hand in that case. Fuck, she's got me all messed up but she can't even seem to give me a second glance. It's maddening, she's maddening.

I'm pretty sure she hates my guts which means I probably won't ever have the pleasure of having her, but fuck, I'd never forgive myself if I stopped trying. In case of the off chance she agrees. She's addicting, despite her attitude.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure she hates me but that doesn't mean she doesn't also annoy the fuck out of me sometimes. She's so damn stubborn and hard to read. I'm good at reading people, but the only time I'm able to is when I catch her off guard. She's barely given me any information on herself which is annoying when all my mind does is nag me with a million questions.

Where is she from? What college does she go to? and even dumb ass questions like her favorite color. I'm pretty sure it's blue though, she has a blue phone case and when she paints her nails they're almost always blue.

She's the reason I stood up my date and she's the reason I'm now trying to drown out my thoughts and guilt at this random ass bar. This is not how I usually spend my saturdays nights, alone and wallowing in self pity.

I hope this doesn't become a new habit of mine, ditching my dates. I just didn't feel like pretending my mind wasn't thinking about a completely different girl than whatever girl I was gonna hook-up with, Ally or was it Abby?

I don't know, but I'm two whiskeys sours in and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

All because of Darlene fucking May. Even her name is pretty.

God she's so pretty. I don't use that word for women, usually the word I'd use to describe them is 'hot'. But it doesn't feel right to group her in with the rest.

Fuck clearly I need another whiskey cause I'm still thinking about her.

Get out of my head.

I clear my throat "Another please" I say, pushing my glass forward. The man looks at me in sympathy,

"Rough night?" He ask as he begins to pour my drink.

"Yeah, I uh...got stood up" I lie, no one is going to understand why I'm drinking away my problems if they know I'm actually the one who stood my date up.

"That's never fun, I'll make that a double for you, on the house" the bartender says as he pours more whisky into my glass, a sympathetic look on his face.

"Thanks" I say raising my now filled glass a bit giving him a weak smile and a thankful nod. He just gives me a simple nod back before he's off to help another customer.

Well shit now I feel even more guilty. I don't deserve this double shot but that doesn't mean I'm still not going to drink it.

Which I do in two gulps, the liquid burning my throat and overwhelming my taste buds.I keep the drinks rolling for a couple more rounds, keeping myself sat at the bar. One drink after another, after another, after another.

"Hi can we have 6 shots of tequila please"

Well shit, now I'm hearing Darlene's voice in my head. I apparently need a lot more alcohol then I thought. Or maybe I need to stop, am I thank drunk I'm hallucinating? Can alcohol even do that? I'm almost positive it can't.

"Ooo and 2 martinis please" wait, is that Maya? Shit, there's no way I would have imagined her voice too. She's not the girl constantly running through my mind.

 I snap my head to the side and see Maya and her standing not too much further down the bar. Maya seems to notice me the second my eyes land on her.

"Oh my gosh! Hey Harry!" She says enthusiastically with a smile and a waves. She begins walking closer with Darlene close behind her.

"Hey Maya, how's your niece?" I ask, I'm genuinely curious too. Mayas a sweet girl which is part of the reason I'm strictly friendly with her. I'd rather not corrupt her, she's too nice for this world.

"She's great, they finally decided on a name too, her name is Rose" she beams.

"You have to send me pictures later, you got my number right?" She nods her head smiling at my genuine interest.

I  lean back in my stool to get a glimpse of Darlene who appears to be purposely hiding behind Maya. See what I mean, she hates me.

"Hi darling" I taunt, she's not off the hook that easy. 

"Harold" she nods her head to me, acknowledging my greeting purely as a obligation.

 I am confused but also amused by the nickname, I don't know where it came from but Harold isn't my actual name. It's just Harry. But I guess it's hypocritical for me to correct her seeing as I call her darling all the time despite obviously knowing her actual name.

She looks good, the little black dress she's wearing is leaving little for the imagination.

"6 shots of tequila and 2 martinis" The bartender announces as he places their drinks in front of them.

"Ready?" Maya says turning to Darlene with a smile on her face.

"On three, 1-2-3" Darlene states before they proceed to throw back each shot, their faces scrunching up in disgust at the taste.

"Cute" I state chuckling at them, my eyes honing in on Darlene specifically.

"Can it smirky, come on Maya" She snaps, rolling her eyes as she grabs onto her arm to try and tug her away, but Maya doesn't move.

"Don't be rude" I hear Maya whisper to Darlene, I am honestly finding this way too amusing.

"Let's finish our drinks over there" Darlene warns but also pleads to Maya going to grab her arm again to urge her forward.

"Okay, Harry wanna join us?" She questions, clearly not understanding Darlene disinterest at all.

"Maya" Darlene scolds, huffing in defeat.

"What?" Maya shrugs, she has no idea. Her attention turns to look at me again waiting for my answer

"As much as I'm sure Darlene would love that," I say earning a glare from the woman herself, "I actually have to get home soon anyways, but maybe another time?"

"See he has to leave now lets go" Darlene states in relief, trying to tug her away again.

"Sure, it was nice running into you Harry" Maya smiles and waves goodbye as she gets dragged away by Darlene.

That was not at all what I expected to happen tonight. Clearly my plan to drown the thoughts of her out of my head was a huge fail. I really do need to get home now though because seeing her in that dress has got me hard and I don't see the issue getting any better by staying here.

I finish my whisky and pay, I really have to piss and I have a feeling waiting until I get home won't be fun so I walk to the bathroom. I try and be quick, really wanting to go home now. I just want to sleep at this point.

As I'm leaving I run into the familiar face that's been haunting my mind.

"We have got to stop running into each other like this" I say with sarcasm but humor still laced in my voice.

"Very funny" she says crossing her arms which also pushes her boobsup. God she is making it so hard not to look right now, she's not even trying.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you were trying to follow me into the bathroom" I say smiling to myself. I know I'm not that lucky but pissing her off is my specialty.

"You are just full of jokes tonight Harry" She says in sarcasm giving me a sickeningly sweet smile, one too sweet to be genuine.

"Doesn't have to be a joke, I wouldn't mind going in there with-"

"Aw but why would you need me? You have a perfectly good hand" She says in faux confusion. I know she said that to try and offend me but I don't see anything wrong with helping myself out.

"I'd much prefer fucking you against the sink to my hand but you're right, it will work perfectly fine" I states as my eyes darken, the thoughts I just implanted in my mind making my hunger for her even worse.

Darlene's eyes widen and I swear I hear her take in a breath. My eyes wander down her body shamelessly taking in how nicely the dress shows off every flawless dip and curve of her frame.

"I know you're very familiar with using your hands as well darling" I state my voice lowering as I lean closer to her. She seems frozen in place, looking up at me in shock. She's isn't moving away though, which I find surprising.

"Anyways I have to get going, but it was a pleasure talking to you" I whisper into her ear, a smirk on my face. I step around her and head to the exit of the bar.

 I don't have to look behind me to know she's still frozen in shock. I smirk to myself, usually she has some smartass come back but she seemed a bit flustered back there. I better not read too much into it though, could just be the alcohol clouding my judgment along with hers.

------------

Darlene's POV

Running into Harry at the bar was the last thing I expected to happen tonight. I come to this bar all the time and I've never seen Harry here once. I swear to god I almost killed Maya when she tried to get him to come sit with us. Like I said everyone seems to love Harry but me.

I'm walking back over to Maya from my bathroom trip, I should order myself another drink after the interaction I just had with Harry. His words went straight to my core and I feel like my body is betraying me for wanting to take him up on his offer.

"What took so long" She asks giggling, looking at me with a bit of confusion.

"I ran into Harry on my way to the bathroom" I say giving her a knowing look, huffing as I take a seat.

"Oh my god," Maya squeals, "He is so into you, please fuck him, do it for me" She begs holding her hands together dramatically.

"Maya" I say in surprise, she usually isn't this forward.

"What?" she shrugs "He's crazy hot why wouldn't you" 

"If you find him so hot why don't you sleep with him then?" I say raising my eyebrow at her.

If she says yes this will be perfect, maybe I can finally get Harry off my back.

"Hey don't try and change the subject" She scolds as she points an accusing finger at me.

 I just look at her unamused, I don't want to talk about Harry almost as much as I don't want to be around him. Just the thought causes frustration to course through me.

"Seriously Darlene ,why do you hate him so much?" She asks with a sigh, seeming confused on my distaste for him.

To be honest I really don't have an answer other than the fact that he's irritating.

"He's just annoying" I state, grimaces at the memories that quickly flash through my head where he made my frustration rise. I just shrug at Maya , taking a sip of my drink. But she just looks at me with a disbelieving look.

"I'm not trying to force you to do anything but if a stupidly attractive guy was into me I'd go for it" She says putting her hands up in surrender.

"Seriously why don't you just sleep with him Maya?" I groan in frustration.

"Because I like someone else Darlene" She states, playfully rolling her eyes at me.

I raise a questioning eyebrow at her, a mischievous smirk grows on my face.

God I probably look like Harry right now with the expression on my face.

"Spill"

"If I tell you who will you at least consider, I don't know, talking to Harry?"

"Fine, sure, whatever" I say quickly swatting my hand as if it's no big deal.

I won't talk to him outside of work but maybe I'll think about actually keeping up a normal conversation with him during a shift. I'll do just about anything for Maya reveal this to me. We don't usually talk about guys, so I'm extremely intrigued.

"Okay" Maya says nervously taking a calming breath, "Its...Niall" she says her eyes diverting from mine and two the table.

 My eyes widen and a huge smile grows on my face. I wish she had told me this sooner. How long has she liked him? Do they already talk often? Does Niall like her?

"You can't tell him Darlene, promise you won't" Maya rushes out worriedly, her eyes pleading with mine.

"I won't I promise, but please let me help set you two up" I beg desperately. I can't just not set my two best friends up with each other, I'm both their wing woman now. I'm on a mission.

I don't know why I've never tried to set them up before because in this moment I realize I don't think there is any two people more perfect for eachother. Niall is kind, funny, and upbeat and so is Maya. Plus I know he isn't an asshole, I know he would treat her right. Maya is too sweet of a person to end up with some dick. Not that she'd even put up with one in the first place.

"I don't know Darlene" Maya says with a hesitant voice, she breaks eye contact again looking away nervously, her mind seeming to contemplate everything.

"How about I invite him out for drinks with us next saturday? Nothing too crazy." I say, trying to reason with her.

She ponders for a second, letting the idea sink in.

"Okay fine, but just make it seem casual. Please don't make it obvious" She says with apprehension. I can hear the stress in her voice. 

Now I have to try and subtly get Niall's opinion on Maya, I have a feeling he probably likes her too. There's no way he doesn't.

"I will relax, it's just Niall, you know how friendly he is" I say trying to reassure her. She slowly nods seeming to actually take comfort in my words.

Suddenly Maya gasps which startles me for a second, "We should invite Harry too"

"Why the hell would we do that?" I say in confusion and shock at her suggestion.

"One, because you promised you'd talk to him and this is my way of making sure you keep up your end of the deal and two, then it will seem like just a group of co-workers going out and getting drinks" She says smiling about the plan she just came up with. 

To be fair this is kind of a perfect plan, I just wish it didn't have to involve Harry. Just because the plan is good doesn't make me want to do it anymore.

"Niall knows I can't stand Harry though, he knows I'd never invite him out. I almost beat him up for making Harry cover him the other day" I point out trying to change her mind.

Was I going to actually beat Niall up? No. Am I saying that to exaggerate my point to try and convince Maya to to change her mind? Yes.

"Then just say I invited Harry, you bring your friend Niall and I'll bring my  friend Harry" She shrugs, continuing to make her plan even more flawless. 

 I mentally groan, I don't think I'm gonna be able to get out of this one. 

"You," I point at her, "are frustrating"

"So that's a yes?" She asks in excitement.

"Yes, but you can ask Harry to come, last thing I want is for him to think I enjoy his company" I sigh out before leaning back in my chair and finishing the rest of my drink.

She squeals in excitement, I hope she understands I'm doing this for her. I hate being a good person sometimes but I am now making it my mission to get her and Niall together. 

"Come on let's go get another drink" She says happily, I definitely need one after what I just agreed to.

-------

A/N: Harry is struggling y'all. How do you think he's going to handle everything? I hope you enjoyed besties, things between Darlene and Harry are only going to get more intense.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.5K 21 8
"Why love a man, when you can love a gun?" She asks, loading her gun. "I can do many things a gun can't do" I give her a cocky grin. "Wrong answer" m...
1.2M 19.2K 77
*MATURE CONTENT* (18+) PLEASE DON'T COPYRIGHT "Go fuck yourself Harry! this conversation is over you need to leave" I hate him so much, but I seem t...
700K 13.9K 66
'The arena was huge. I mean, I knew this girl was famous, but this is as big as the stadiums I would play in during my One Direction days, and those...
122K 3.4K 47
[COMPLETED] Esmereld Payne, better known as Emera or Esme, has always been a rebellious young woman. She doesn't take shit from anyone and will put s...