Captured

By Kayy_B

Nala would do anything for her sister Cami, even cover up the murder of the visiting Alpha's cousin. She did... More

Synopsis
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Update: Please read
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three

Chapter Four

7.1K 233 26
By Kayy_B

*Not Edited*

Chapter Four

I needed sleep, my body was craving it but my mind just would not switch off. All the things that could go wrong kept running through my head. Our plan only consisted of what we had to do to stay undiscovered but what if someone found out. What would we do?

I had to have another plan, just in case.

Cami came home from work and needed to take a shower. She popped her head into the living room to say hello and then went upstairs. I decided now would be a good time to take a break from my uni assignments and went to the kitchen to make myself and Cami a hot drink. I was grabbing some mugs when there was a knock on the door, I flung the door open expecting it Mrs McClusky but instead there was a man. He forced his way in, I tried to stop him but he was too strong. I ran to the kitchen, I needed to get out of the house but he was too quick and grabbed me.

My memories are muddled up here, I can't remember exactly but he attacked me and I defended myself. I hadn't meant to kill him, I wanted him to stop. Next thing I knew, he was dead and I was standing over him with a knife. I panicked, I didn't know what to do so I grabbed the rug from the living room and wrapped him up in it, taped it up and dragged it to the back garden. Cami came down just as I was cleaning up the blood, I told her I dropped some wine and told her to put something on Netflix while I made us some food.

When Cami fell asleep I drove the car to the back of the house, dragged his body to the car and drove to Saddleworth Moors. I buried him there and then came home. Cami knew nothing about this, she had no idea what happened.

That would work. If it came down to it and somehow we got caught, that's what I would say. No one has to know the truth and Cami would be safe.

A muffled scream had me jumping up from the bed, without turning the lights on, I ran to Cami's room, tripping over the shoes I discarded earlier.

I barged into Cami's room, expecting someone to be there, hurting her but no one was there.

"I'm sorry, I just had a nightmare. I didn't mean to wake you up." Cami sobbed into her pillow as I switched the lights on.

Placing a hand over my racing heart, I went over to her and got into bed. "Shh, it's okay. It was just a nightmare. I'm going to stay here with you."

"Thank you." Cami sniffed and turned around so she was facing me. "I'm sorry, Nala."

"Shh, just try to get some rest." I told her quietly as I stroked her hair. It was something mum used to do to the both of us when we were younger and had a bad dream. It would relax us completely and within minutes we would fall back asleep.

"You know what I was thinking, half term is only a couple of weeks away and it's been a while since we've been on holiday. We could go somewhere for a few days, relax during the day and drink shit loads of alcohol during the night."

Cami made a noise that sounded like a sob and a laugh mixed in one. "I'm underage, I can't drink."

"Just this one time I will look the other way and by the other way I mean buy you the drinks."

Cami smiled weakly. "Where should we go?"

"It has to be in Europe, I don't think we can afford anywhere further at the moment. How about Italy? I've always had a thing for Italian men and I love pasta."

This time Cami laughed which warmed my heart. "Stop stereotyping! I thought you had a thing for Greek men?"

"Italian, Russian and Greek are my top three."

"How? You've never even been with any of them!"

I shrugged. "There's just something about them, especially Italian and Russian. Based on the movies I've watched and by "stereotyping" them, they seem so mysterious and dangerous. If soulmates were real for us, mine would Italian or Russian. Or maybe both."

It was silent for a few minutes before Cami started to talk again, her voice barely over a whisper so I knew she would be asleep soon. "I like the idea of soulmates. Someone who loves you unconditionally and will always protect you."

I continued to stroke her hair in silence, but my one thought ran through my mind.

I will always protect you, Cami.

It had been a few days since the incident and as the days went by I felt myself relax. Cami went back to work straight away which I disagreed with. She explained that in order to not raise any suspicion we had to carry on with our life as normal. She made a valid point but it was hard to let her out of my sight for that long.

Not only that but she needed time to process what happened, she couldn't sleep at night without having any nightmares. I had them too but I knew mine were nowhere near as frightening as hers. So we stayed in the same room, drawing comfort from each other at night and acting like we're completely fine in the morning.

Cami didn't talk about what happened, I wanted to give her space but I was worried she was bottling it all in and one day she would explode. I wanted to comfort her and make her feel safe, something I knew she did not feel anymore but I didn't know what to do.

I dropped and picked her up from college and work as I had to know where she was all the time. She came home during her frees and I skipped my lectures to stay with her. We spent a lot of time together which caused me to worry, I didn't want her to feel suffocated like I'm sure she was feeling. I didn't want Cami to go through life with her big sister watching her like a hawk but I also knew this was for the best, I had to keep a close watch on her even if she didn't like it.

I was looking at tickets to Rome when my phone started to ring. Cami's name was on top of the screen and I quickly grabbed the phone.

"Hey, you okay?" I breathed into the phone as I looked down at my laptop screen to check the time. It was just after 3pm so her shift hadn't ended yet.

"Nala, I don't know what to do." Cami whispered frantically.

"What's going on? Are you okay? What happened?" I fired questions at her as I slammed the laptop shut and ran to the hallway.

"There are werewolves in here, they're asking questions about him. Oh my god, they know what I did."

"Cami, calm down." I tried to soothe her as I grabbed my car keys from the table in the hallway. "They don't know anything, take deep breath and calm yourself down. You'll can't draw any attention to yourself."

"If they don't know then why are they here? They must know something!"

"Cami listen to me." I said firmly, trying my best not to snap at her. "Calm down. They don't know anything. Where are you now?"

"I'm in the bathroom. I was on my break and they came in. I heard them asking questions so I called you."

"Okay, this is important so pay attention." I told her as I got into my car. "Don't lie, if they ask about that day, tell them you saw him and then you went home. If they ask about other days, tell them he spoke to you briefly. Don't give too much detail and act like he was just another customer."

"I don't know if I can do this." Cami whimpered down the phone. "Nala, I'm scared."

"I know you're scared but you have to do this, they'll speak to you for a few minutes and move on. You can do this Cami, I know you can! Keep your phone on you and keep me on the line. I'm going to mute myself so they won't hear anything. Can you do that Cami?"

"Okay."

"You're going to be fine, just carry on as usual."

"I'm going to be fine." Cami echoed back.

I pressed the mute button on the phone as I started to drive. I heard Cami mutter to herself as she tried to calm herself down. I didn't want to alarm Cami further but I was completely shitting it. I was scared she would say something that would point to us.

I felt helpless as I heard Cami exit the staff bathroom and briefly talk to a colleague. I wanted to run into the café and pull her out but that would draw too much attention to us. I would just have to wait outside and listen in to what they ask.

"I'm going to the front. Nala, I'm so scared." I heard Cami whisper.

Me too.

"There you are Cami." A male voice said from a distance. "This is the Beta Kieran, he's got some questions he wants to ask you."

"Oh, erm, hello Beta Kieran. Wh- what kind of questions?" Cami's tone was laced with fear.

The man who I assumed was her colleague ignored her. "Beta Kieran, would you like to use the office at the back?"

"No." Beta Kieran answered. He sounded casual, like he didn't suspect anything. "We can talk at the front.

I heard movement and the distant sound of people chatting became louder.

"Have you seen this man?" Beta Kieran questioned Cami. It was difficult to hear him clearly with the noises in the background.

"Y-yeah, he came in a few days ago. Why?"

"How often does he come here?" Beta Kieran asked, ignoring the question Cami asked.

"I'm not sure, I don't work here every day."

"What days do you work here?"

"Erm, it depends. We have a rota. Most of the time I work during the weekend because I have college." Cami explained, her voice slightly shaking.

"How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen." Cami's voice was barely audible.

"Hmm. Did you talk this man, on the day that he came in?" Beta Kieran asked after a moment of silence.

"Not really."

It was silent after that and I didn't know what to think of it. Did he believe her? Did he suspect she knew more?

"Cami, was it?"

"Y-Yes."

"Can you lead me to the back office, I want to have a look at the security tapes."

"Okay. I don't have a key though, only Daniel has it. He's the manager."

"Go get the key." Beta Kieran demanded.

I heard Cami mutter a response as I parked up behind the store. Maybe I should come up with an emergency and tell Cami's manager she has to go home now? Would that work? Or would I just cause Beta Kieran to become suspicious of Cami?

No, I had to wait until her shift ended. He doesn't sound like he suspects anything, we need to keep it that way. Cami was doing so well, seeing me might change that.

The constant buzzing sound of people talking started to fade and all I could hear was footsteps. Cami must be walking Beta Kieran to the office. It was like this for half a minute or so but it felt like hours, not hearing any of them speak was making me more anxious than when they were talking.

"You can go now." Beta Kieran dismissed her.

I could hear Cami practically run away. The slamming of the door seemed extremely loud and echoed into my ear.

"Oh my god. That was so scary." Cami muttered into the phone.

I unmuted my phone. "You did so well Cami, see everything is going to be okay."

"I'm going to keep you on the line until they go, it feels like you're with me."

"I'm waiting outside for you, as soon as the Beta leaves I'll come get you. I'll tell your manager there was an emergency or something, okay?"

"Okay, thank you." Cami sounded muffled which I assumed was because she was putting her phone away again. "I'm going to leave the toilets now, you need to mute yourself."

I was just about to tell her I'm going to do that when I heard some voices in the distance. I put myself on mute and waited for Cami to leave the toilet.

I heard Cami exit the toilet but instead hearing her footstep I heard a thumping noise, as if Cami had bumped into something. I wanted to ask if she was okay but had no way of knowing if anyone was around her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you." Cami uttered the words quietly. Judging by the tone of her voice, she must have bumped into Beta Kieran or another werewolf.

It was silent for a few seconds before Cami spoke again. "I have to get back to work."

"Stop." A deep voice growled.

"S-sir? What are you doing?" Cami questioned, her voice filled with alarm.

There was a little scuffle noise and I held the phone tightly, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Your scent little human is very...interesting."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you liked the chapter. Please let me know what you think of the story so far. 

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments and votes. I really appreciate your support!

-Kayy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474K 24K 41
When Leah is gifted with an abusive mate, you'd think she would give up on werewolves altogether. But a new experience opens her mind and heart to pa...
1.7M 51.5K 41
~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **Mature Content** Rylan Cooper was different from the other little boys and girl...
13.4M 421K 110
Malia Pierce at the age of nineteen was alone, constantly moving in fear she would be hunted down and found by her tormentors. She is the Alpha's dau...
1.5K 58 35
Taliah has two siblings she loves more than anything, a younger less caring brother and a joyful seven year old sister. Taliaha's brother discovers a...