Butterflies || MarkKit

By starrytown

❝Me? Fall in love? In your dreams.❞ ♡ Kit is a Medical student aiming to become a doctor. He's hard-working... More

CHP 1 || Mark.
CHP 2 || A Change of Heart
CHP 3 || A Proposition
CHP 4 || Kid, No Less
CHP 5 || Round and Round
CHP 6 || Brink Of Collapse
CHP 7 || Deal?
CHP 8 || Smooth Bastard
CHP 9 || Impossible, Really.
CHP 10 || What's This?!
CHP 11 || Yes or No?
CHP 13 || Cutie.
CHP 14 || Friends?
CHP 15 || Kit.
CHP 16 || Missing... Something.
CHP 17 || Kit Wants An Explanation
CHP 18 || Such An Annoyance
CHP 19 || That One Kid
CHP 20 || Annoying, Annoying, & Annoying!
CHP 21 || Peace of Mind
CHP 22 || Stuck With You
CHP 23 || Strangely Beautiful
CHP 24 || The Evening After
CHP 25 || Heavy On My Mind
CHP 26 || Way Into My Heart
CHP 27 || I'll Prove To You
CHP 28 || Are You Falling in Love?
CHP 29 || The Moon Under My Care
CHP 30 || Not So Cliche, Not So Romantic
CHP 31 || He's Not Attractive to Me!
CHP 32 || Secretly, My Weakness
CHP 33 || P'Kit's Gorgeous to Me
CHP 34 || Fervently, My Heart Approves
CHP 35 || Intoxicate Me
CHP 36 || A Look I Can't Fathom
CHP 37 || Before I Fall
CHP 38 || Fully to You, I'm Addicted
CHP 39 || His Touch of Fire
CHP 40 || Fight.. or Flight
CHP 41 || Bane of My Existence
CHP 42 || I Confess to You
CHP 43 || My Addiction
CHP 44 || The Beauty of the Moon
CHP 45 || Kit, My Love

CHP 12 || Absolutely Not!

826 62 23
By starrytown

●○●

-Kit-

"You're serious P'Kit?!" Mark's voice was like a megaphone and I immediately looked around at my surroundings while slapping his arm as hard as I could.

Thank fuck no one was looking over at us.

"For once, can you stop being so loud?!" I whispered fiercely, "Yes, I'm serious. Now shut up and drink your freaking smoothie!"

Kit- what are you saying? Why did I..?

"I'm so relieved to hear that, you know that Phi?" Mark settled back in his chair, rubbing his arm where I had slapped him before he beamed all happily at me, taking a sip of his smoothie through the straw, "-Mm! This tastes wonderful P'Kit, do you want to try?"

"No." I scowled.

God! These are the consequences I get from admitting the truth, right? An overly happy Mark. Shia!

I took a sip of my espresso and turned my gaze to face the scenery out of the window. I didn't want to talk to him right now. He was being so extremely bouncy and hyper that I feared for my life, say less.

"Yes, I'd like an extra straw please!" I heard Mark say, "Thank you!"

"What are you doing?" I pursed my lips, fuming at how I realized the waitress was coming over to our direction shortly, a wrapped straw in her hand.

"Thank you." Mark crooned, ignoring me and accepting the straw.

He opened it up, putting it into his smoothie before nudging the tall glass into my direction.

"Try it. It's delicious." He encouraged.

I glanced down at the blend of whipped cream and cookie bits and the little cherry on top.

"No thank you. This is going to be too sweet for my liking." I started to nudge the glass back.

"Try it!" Mark insisted, placing a palm in front of the glass as so I couldn't push it any closer.

I sighed in displeasure, frowning so angrily at his annoying face. He didn't even blink. He just smiled back, waiting for my response. He won't stop until I try it, right?

Gosh...

I leaned down slightly, bringing my lips to the newer straw and I took the smallest sip possible.

"There." I grumbled, trying to push the glass back again.

"Good, right?"

I mean... I'm not the type to lie. It was really delicious. The sweetness balanced perfectly as well, so it wasn't bad at all.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"You can share it with me."

"N-"

"I insist."

Mark was all happy again as he clapped his hands softly together. He was staring at me once more. 

He was expecting me to take another sip, wasn't he?  Well, if that's what he wants and really insists on, I'll feed him his own medicine. I'll finish it all before he could even try it again, ha!

I brought my lips to my straw, beginning to drink down his smoothie.

I'll show him. He thinks it's about sharing a smoothie together, eh? Well, I think of it as an opportunity to take. I bet that kid wasn't expecting this, was he?!

I heard the soft rustling of his chair but I didn't pay any mind to it. I had a goal in mind and I was going to fulfill it. Can't wait to see the freaking look on his face when he sees that his whole drink is gone.

I lifted my eyes up while drinking, wanting to challenge him with one of my glares...

...And I nearly spat out all the sweetness I had in my mouth.

Mark, who was drinking out his own straw from the same glass, looked back at me with earnest.

"What the f-?" The back of my hand flew over my mouth as I unconsciously pushed back into my chair, shock going through my whole brain.

"What is it, P'Kit?" Mark responded, picking up the cherry and consuming it all in one bite before he twirled the stem between his fingers.

"The fuck are you doing?" I rasped out, my throat aching.

"Sharing the drink, I thought I told you so."

I opened my mouth like a fish before closing it again.

This kid wanted to die, right?!

I lifted my eyes angrily to his, ready to scold him as much as I could.

"And here we have your order of our classic Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, our delicious Grilled Club Sandwiches, and the assortment of our most popular muffins. Would you like extra plates?"

The waitress arrived at Mark's practical moment of death, placing down the dishes in front of us.

"Would appreciate that, thank you." Mark responded.

"Right away, sir." She went and reappeared, placing down a few extra plates and utensils.

When she left, Mark immediately began serving himself some pasta. My glare at him softened and I glanced down at all the food instead. Everything smelled so undeniably appetizing, especially the pasta. Swallowing, I looked out of the window again, busying myself with my coffee.

Kit, you're not hungry. You already had lunch.

"Here, Phi." The plate which I thought Mark was piling up for himself, was placed in front of me.

He then added another plate next to it, which was half the share of the sandwiches and some fries.

"It's so much more fun to have meals when they're shared together with someone else." Mark stated, twirling his fork into his share of the pasta before taking a small taste, an approving smile growing on his face, "...Oh, mm- as delish as it looks! You must try it, P'Kit."

I cleared my throat quietly, picking up my fork and beginning to eat some of the pasta.

"Lovely, isn't it?"

"Quite so." I commented.

"I knew you would like it!" Mark made a cheering motion with one hand as he continued to eat, averting his whole attention back to the food.

As I chewed my mouthful, I unconsciously began staring at him, watching how his face lit up happily with every bite he took. He really was a child, wasn't he? 

"I have never seen someone so insanely happy to be reunited with food." I grumbled, unimpressed.

"Oh?" Mark swallowed a bite of his sandwich, "Me?"

"...Who else?" 

"Not because of the food, Phi."

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to hear anymore of his explanations, "Yeah yeah, whatever."

"But because you're the one here with me, sharing all this." Mark's voice was genuine, "And well- that makes everything so much better than it is, P'Kit. It wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for you, you know."

...Oh.

I stared back at him, hiding under the facade of my annoyed expression, yet resisting my urge to smile.

I guess... maybe, it wasn't so bad to give in to him once in a while. He's just a kid, after all, isn't he? And plus, after this week is over, I don't think he'll come pestering me again. So I was safe... right?

●○●

●○● A/N: Oh my goooooooooooshhhhhH!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Sin By LaceyRay

Fanfiction

30.6K 1.7K 18
Ming, following Kit's wishes, stays away from the grouchy Med student. It tears him up inside but a new friend helps him heal and maybe learn a few t...
1.9K 234 35
[ ON-HOLD ] ❝will you hold me in your arms and listen to me?❞ Lee Donghyuck is an anorexic patient and Huang Renjun is a nurse who takes care of him...
25.6K 1.1K 28
𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐧! 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐧 x 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐭! 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞́ ㅡ wherein their love story bloom in the hospital. 💌 :: purely fictional and...
3.5K 261 5
[Kin x Pong] Kin has a problem. That problem is Pong. * Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction using characters from "Hotel Stars The Series"...