HER ARROGANT BASTARD ✔

By yourdreamgirl25

Being a doctor is a great responsibility which comes with honour. But if you are a doctor in a private hospit... More

AESTHETICS
FOREWORD
1| MICHAEL MAXWELL
2| YOU DESERVE BETTER
3| LESSON TO BE LEARNED
4| OBNOXIOUS BASTARD
5| CLINGY
6| HELPLESS
7| BREAK UP
8| GOLDEN TREASURE
9| HYPOCRITICAL LIAR
10| LEECH GET OFF
12| DISGRACE
13| MESS
14| LIMITS
15| COURAGE
16| UNACCEPTABLE
17| RING EXCHANGE
18| LOST IN THOUGHTS
19| NO CHOICE
20| DRAMA
21| OPTIONS
22| CHARACTERLESS
23| GAME IS OVER
24| I WILL BE YOURS FOREVER
25| HOLDING
26| A DAY OUT
27| A GIFT
28| THE PERFECT DATE WITH A PERFECT PROPOSAL
29| MARRIAGE PREPARATIONS
30| THE DAY
EPILOGUE

11| COMPARISONS

2.8K 102 2
By yourdreamgirl25

CHAPTER 11:

Party was in full swing. Lillian was the host. Michael for the first time in his life was enjoying himself after setting aside everything. Live in the present once Evelyn told him. He was following her. Everyone was happy at Michael's return. They were blessing him. David was discussing a few things about business with Michael when Julia entered the venue with her family. She was dressed in black gown which was quite revealing. David gasped at his sight. He excused himself from Michael and went after Julia. She was greeting Michael's mother. After his extreme surprise she turned towards Michael. He felt his heart sinking. Michael often used to complain about his childhood fiance. The beauty who charmed his heart actually turned out to be his best friend's girl. When Julia tried to hug Michael he pushed her away violently. Julia fell on floor and Michael yelled:

"Stay away from me leech."

Julia tried to hug Michael but he pushed her angrily. Julia fell on the ground. Everyone in the party turned towards them. Lillian was shocked at her son's inappropriate behavior. David was standing beside her. She motioned David to get Julia and she dragged Michael apologizing to her side. She pushed her son in the nearest room and locked the door. Michael tried resisting but when he saw the cold red eyes of his mother. He remained quiet. An awkward silence prevailed through the room as Michael was sitting on the bed and Lillian was waiting nervously. Michael spoke in order to break the silence.

"Mom", He said

"How dare you Michael?"

Lillian shouted at the top of her voice. Michael got up and held her. He squeezed her shoulders to calm her down.

"Mom please I....can explain. Listen to me first." He said gently.

"No you listen to me Michael!" Lillian held Michael by his collar.

"How dare you lift your hand on a girl? Is that what I taught you?"

Michael scoffed at this.

"Did you actually teach me anything?"

"What was that?" Lillian snapped

"Please mom it was necessary to try to understand she was being a leech......ahh" Lillian slapped Michael.

"She wasn't an animal though. You could have used your tongue instead of lifting your hand."

Lillian shouted. The guests were still out there.

"Shh mom guests are still out there. What will they think?"

Do you think I haven't tried?

"I did but that girl is always throwing herself on me. I seriously hate such types of girls let alone having such leeches in marriage."

"Then what are you Michael?" Lillian asked

"Pardon?"

"If Julia is an animal then you are not a saint either. You embarrassed me in-front of my whole circle. It's funny how you think so highly of yourself when in reality you also have the blood of the same drunkard monster in your veins that ruined my life.....
"Mom..." Michael was breathless.

"I am saving you from yourself Michael. I can't see you turning into the same monster as your father honey."

"Am I turning into a monster?"

Michael felt tears clouding his vision.

"Yes and the only way to save you is to get married to Julia."

After hearing Julia's name, the face of Evelyn flashed in front of his eyes.

"But mom..."

"No but Michael....What I am doing is best for you! Let's be practical. I see nothing wrong with Julia. I gave my word to her mother. Everyone knows. I don't know how your business world operates but this is my world and here we abide by our values. Norms are norms Michael I am not hearing a no from you in any case." With this Lillian stormed out of her room like wind leaving a very broken Michael. She called him a monster once again. She compared him with his father. He felt it difficult to breath. He dashed out of the room and picked up his gun and car keys.

After that he left the party. He felt conflicted and disguised. Enveloped in the covers of norms his mother was forcing him into something really distasteful. Just because a thing is followed for long doesn't mean that it has to be right. We tend to cage ourselves in the useless molds of norms continuing the same domino's effect for centuries; failing to comprehend that everyone is unique, born free to live each day.

***********************************************

David took Julia outside. She was heavily crying. It broke his heart to see her like that.

"Mam do you need anything?"

"Yes....Michael."

Julia hiccupped and covered her face. She kept crying like this for some time. David felt helpless. He turned and held her hands. Julia stared at him with cloudy eyes.

"Listen he doesn't love you."

"....but I love him." Julia yelled back

"It doesn't work like that love has to be from both sides.

" David tried reasoning "both sides have to be in love to make a relationship work."

"I only had him. I never thought about anyone else but now I just don't know anymore." Julia broke down fiercely again and David held her, not knowing a really angry Michael who was staring at them from a little distance.

*********************************************

Evelyn finished off another successful surgery. Dr. Charles praised her for her hard work. The patient was critical but just because of Evelyn's timely act she was alive. He gave her a day off and Evelyn was happily packing her things now. She lent a scooter from Hailey with a promise to treat her with lunch. When Evelyn tried to start it she failed. Ran out of fuel again! Evelyn cursed her bad luck. Now she will have to take the trump at this hour of night.

Frustrated she collected her things and walked out only to meet with someone distasteful.

"Evelyn!" Kris ran after her.

"Stop ,stay away from me.

I have nothing to do with you now."

Evelyn harshly pushed him away and kept walking. Just near a tuck-shop located near the hospital he grabbed Evelyn's arm and dragged her. He harshly pinned her on a nearby wall.

"It's not easy to walk out on me."

He held her jaw while staring in her eyes. Evelyn struggled but failed. "You are mine, Evelyn only mine."

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 48.4K 59
Book 1 in U-Tale Series: The CEO and Doctor Romance. •|One is the heartthrob billionaire, while the other is the hardcore doctor. •|She playfully ca...
471K 23.1K 63
For her, he is the light of her life. She never thought of leaving him. But unknowingly they got into a fight. He went out leaving her alone in the h...
1.1M 29.9K 43
Highest rankings: #1 in Rich 17 December 2018 and #1 in Player 31 December 2018 Alexander Evans is studying a degree in Medicine. All she has to do t...
7.6M 228K 40
Alessandro Romano, a ruthless billionaire. For him money is everything. He is clever, cunning, and time-oriented person. Even if he was born with a s...