The Astronomy Tower- Edmund P...

由 -kpotter

DISCONTINUED (harry potter x narnia crossover) "The Cassiopeia constellation- a constellation in the northern... 更多

cast
one- fifth year
two- the ravenclaws
three- an unexpected breakfast
four- potions partners
five- the astronomy tower
six- lucy pevensie
seven- friends, or not?
eight- the scarf
nine- quidditch changes
ten- sever ties
eleven- clipboards
twelve- hog's head
thirteen- antics at breakfast
fourteen- malfoy's plan
fifteen- dobby's place
sixteen- gryffindor vs slytherin
seventeen- nocturnal
eighteen- a day with edmund
nineteen- christmas special
twenty- happy new year
twenty two- infirmary visit
twenty three- jealous, cassie?
twenty four- valentine's part 1
twenty five- valentine's part 2
twenty six- tracey davies
discontinued
new book!

twenty one- hogsmeade

271 10 9
由 -kpotter

A/N: ik this chapter is longer than usual, i hope you all love it as much as i do bc i'm obsessed w it

Feeling movement from behind and next to her, Cassie woke up on January 1, 1996 with a smile on her face. Memories from the night before filled her head as she gained consciousness, and it seemed the same was going on with whatever was moving next to her. Lifting her head up, Cassie noticed the boy she fell asleep on grinning down at her.

Immediately jumping up from the bed, Cassie noticed the smirk on Edmund's face. "Er- good morning, Ed."

"Good morning, Cass." he said, sniggeringly. "Happy New Year."

"Oh- did I fall asleep before midnight?" she asked, earning a nod from Edmund. "I'm sorry, Happy New Year."

"It's alright, I fell asleep too." he told her reassuringly. Edmund didn't regret kissing her head, and frankly he had a feeling she wouldn't have minded, but seeing her flustered in the moment- he decided not to tell her. "I'm going to shower, meet you at breakfast?"

"Yep!" said Cassie, mentally cursing herself. "Yeah, see you at breakfast."

Edmund couldn't help but smile at how Cassie has been acting around him. He didn't want to assume anything, seeing as he got red around her also. Drowning in their thoughts, they both showered and got ready to meet each other at breakfast- both taking longer than usual.

Cassie showed up to breakfast first, shooting the professors smiles as she sat down. She noticed Professor McGonagall looking at her, then at something behind her at the entrance of the Great Hall. Looking back, Cassie saw Edmund and shot him a wave.

"Sorry I'm late, the walk was longer than usual." he said, taking the seat next to her.

"It's alright- crepe?" she asked, handing him the plate.

He smiled, "You know me too well."

From behind is back, Edmund pulled two books out from behind his back and handed one to Cassie.

"And you know me too well." said Cassie.

Sitting in warm silence, the two ate their breakfast as they read their books like every other day. As mentioned before, their silence was enough. Looking around the table, Cassie noticed the other students missing.

"Where are the other people who stayed home for the holidays?" asked Cassie.

Edmund looked up, seeing the same missing students. "Maybe they slept in. Everyone returns tomorrow, and last night had some celebration. Either way, more for us." he added jokingly.

Cassie gave a small laugh. Feeling eyes on her, she decided to look to her left and noticed McGonagall once again staring at her, now with a pleasant smile on her face and her eyes flickering between her and Edmund. Cassie shot her a confused smile back, and directed her attention back to Edmund- who was already staring at her with a smile.

"Do I have something on my face?" she asked, grabbing a napkin and dabbing the corners of her mouth.

"No, that's not it." he said, now turning red. "You look really pretty today."

Cassie gave a small smile and looked down, attempting to hide the fact that her face was heating up. "Thank you, Ed. You don't look too bad yourself." she said nervously, looking him in the eye.

"Well aren't you a charmer?" he asked smirkingly, returning back to his meal. "What do you want to do today? Last day of holiday."

"Are we allowed at Hogsmeade today?" asked Cassie, earning Edmund to shake his head. Cassie thought for a moment, a smile approaching her face once a plan came to mind. "Are you done eating?"

"Yeah, I guess. What are you thinking?" he asked, curiously.

She handed him the book back, now whispering. "What if I told you I knew a way to Hogsmeade?"

A smirk approached his face. "Cass, are you telling me what I think you're telling me?"

"Go get dressed for the weather. I'll meet you at the statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor on the fourth floor in half an hour?" she asked eagerly.

"See ya there." he replied.

Both of them stood at the same, leaving them somewhat close to each other. They both mumbled a 'sorry' and parted ways once approaching the exit of the Great Hall.

Once she reached her dorm, Cassie grabbed her jacket, a beanie, and her Gryffindor scarf. She was about to grab Edmund's, until she realized it might give off a certain impression. Exiting her dorm, she turned to her right and entered the boys' dorms. Cassie introduced the Marauder's Map to Harry in third year after being shown it by Fred and George. Saying she could use it at any time, Cassie decided now was a good moment. Entering the fifth year boy's dorm, she made her way to Harry's trunk and found the map at the bottom, taking it, and exiting Gryffindor Tower with it open in her hands to make sure she wouldn't run into anyone.

Noticing Edmund around the corner, she jumped and scared him from behind.

"Please, never do that again." he said, clutching his hand.

Cassie was now covering her mouth to prevent her laugh from escaping, "Anyways, I'm about to show you something so serious that you have to promise me you won't tell anyone."

She held out her pinky.

"What are you doing?" Edmund asked, skeptically.

"A pinky promise." she replied. "It's a muggle thing, my mom showed it to me."

"Your mom's a muggle?" asked Edmund, "I didn't know that."

"You never asked." she said jokingly. "Anyways, you just connect your pinky with the person you're making the promise with. It's super serious."

He smiled at how happily she explained such a small thing. He held out his pinky and connected it with Cassie's, "I pinky promise not to tell anyone."

"Alright," she pulled out the parchment, "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good."

Edmund watched in awe as the parchment Cassie was holding was filling with ink and words. "How did you.."

"Fred and George showed it to me in third year. It shows hidden passageways in Hogwarts that lead to Hogsmeade, and that's what we're going to use to get to Hogsmeade today." she said with a smile on her face, now turning to the statue. "Dissendium."

The hump of the statue moved and revealed a narrow tunnel underneath. Smiling at Edmund, she held her hand out, "After you."

"Oh, you're too kind." he replied sarcastically, entering the tunnel and waiting for Cassie. Once she closed the hump, she turned back to Edmund and walked down the tunnel together.

Once they reached the end of the tunnel, Cassie began again. "Okay, when I lift the latch, we're going to be in Honeydukes cellar so make sure to be quiet."

"I'll try my best." Edmund replied, putting his hands up.

Cassie lifted the latch, noticed the room was empty, and gestured it was okay to move. Once they both got up, they dusted themselves off and made their way to the main part of the shop.

The walls were lined with all sorts of wizarding world treats and candies, amongst them fudge and chocolates. On a normal weekend visit, one could barely move in the shop due to the amount of customers. Seeing as most people were celebrating with their families back in England, Cassie and Edmund had the shop to themselves.

"What do you like? Treats on me." he told her noticing her looking around excitedly.

"Oh, no it's alright- you don't have to, I'm going to stack up anyway." Cassie said, shaking her head at the boy.

"No, I want to. Trust me." Edmund said reassuringly.

Cassie smiled at the boy, "You can buy me a butter beer at The Three Broomsticks, if you insist on buying me something today- but I'm buying my own treats."

"Alright, if you insist."

After ten minutes of 'oohs' and 'ahs' from Cassie, the two paid for their sweets and exited the shop. Cassie had obviously gotten double the amount of sweets as Edmund, and got flustered when the cashier mentioned it.

"Do you mind if we stop at the quill shop? I need some more ink and quills, and Hermione said they began selling these muggle writing utensils called pens." asked Cassie, throwing Edmund a sheepish smile.

He couldn't say no to the girl, "Of course, I don't mind."

Grabbing new quills, pens, and bottles of ink, Cassie went to the counter and placed her items down.

"7 Sickles and 1 Knut." the cashier said kindly, bagging the items.

As Cassie reached into her pocket to grab the currency until she heard metal banging against the counter, and the sound of plastic moving.

"What are you-"

"Have a nice day, you two!" said the cashier, waving goodbye as Edmund grabbed her arm and pulled her along.

"You little- you paid for me!" said Cassie when they reached the door.

"And you can't stop me." said Edmund, not noticing Cassie's expression.

"No- Edmund seriously, I'm sorry I know you like helping but I don't need you to pay for me." she said, placing a hand on Edmund's arm. "Now, do you mind if I pay for my own butter beer at The Three Broomsticks?" she asked jokingly.

"I'm sorry, Cass. I was just trying to show my gratitude for these past couple of months. If you don't want me to pay, I won't pay- just know I want to though." he said honestly, placing his hand atop of hers.

"Okay," she said with an un-wipeable smile, "do you have anywhere else you'd like to go?"

"I'm not much of a Zonkos kid, leaving The Three Broomsticks as our last option. Is it too early?" he asked.

"Of course not," Cassie said, dropping her hand off of his arm, "let's go."

Turning around, Cassie didn't notice the look and smile Edmund gave the area her hand touched his arm.

"You coming?" she asked.

"Y-yeah, sorry."

Like Honeydukes, The Three Broomsticks was much emptier than on a normal Hogsmeade trip. Edmund choose a table for them at the back of the inn, somewhat close to an old couple on the left.

Madam Rosmerta soon approached them, "What can I get for you two?"

"Could we have two butter beers, please?" asked Cassie kindly.

"Of course, two butter beers coming right up."

Cassie turned to Edmund, "Y'know Ron used to have a crush on her?"

Edmund chuckled, "So did Blaise in third year, it was quite funny- seeing his attempts to flirt."

Cassie sniggered as she removed her scarf, Edmund removing his as well.

"You don't think they'll notice us missing at Hogwarts, do you?" asked Cassie.

"The only one that would go looking for us is Umbridge, but she isn't allowed to enter our dorms so if she asks we can just say that." said Edmund.

Madam Rosmerta soon came by, "Two butter beers, here you are. I added whipped cream, I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all." said Edmund, grabbing his glass and placing one in front of Cassie. She grabbed the glass and brought it to her lips, a surprised expression approaching as she underestimated the amount of whipped cream.

"Oh, Merlin." she said, embarrassed as she began to wipe the topping. Edmund just watched her cutely, unable to hide the smile on his face as he saw her embarrassed. "Did I get all of it?"

"You have some on the left." he told her, gesturing with his fingers.

"My left or your left?" Cassie asked, beginning to reach to her right side.

"Your- here, let me." Edmund said, reaching across the table and grazing her upper lip with his thumb. They both got red in the moment and looked downwards, but when they made eye contact, they couldn't hold their laughter from the moment.

"Ooh, look how cute you two are!" said the elderly lady next to them. "I always knew Gryffindors and Slytherins were a good match- didn't I, Tommy?"

They both looked at each other before looking at the elderly couple, "Oh, you're right, Phyllis. You two are dating, right?"

"We-"

"Actually-"

"Oh, you're both stuttering- even more cute. I wish the best for you two, defying house stereotypes. It's truly a sight for sore eyes." the woman said, placing a hand over her heart. "Tommy, we should go- it's 11:30, St. Margo's isn't going to wait for us."

The couple left the inn, leaving Cassie and Edmund mouth dropped. They weren't uncomfortable, just shocked at the couple's words. Is that how other people saw them? As a couple?

After finishing their butter beers and laughing at witty comments, the two left The Three Broomsticks and decided to make their way around Hogsmeade to enjoy the slight snowflakes in the cool air.

"Do you want to sit down before we head back to the castle?" Edmund asked Cassie as they walked down the line of shops.

"Sure, any ideas?"

"Shrieking Shack?"

He gaped at her, "Isn't it haunted?"

"Nah, it's a myth. C'mon, I'll show you how to get inside."

Cassie led Edmund through branches and trees and thick snow, through the door, and up the stairs.

"How do you know it's not haunted?" he asked, carefully walking up the stairs.

"You know how Professor Lupin is a werewolf?" he nodded. "The cries and moans came from him, he would hide here to make sure he wouldn't hurt anyone."

"That's- actually really nice of him, making sure he wouldn't hurt anyone." said Edmund. "He was my favorite professor."

Cassie smiled, "Mine too- but don't tell Minnie."

Edmund just shook his head and gave an exasperated laugh in reply, sitting on the bed and patting the space next to him for Cassie to sit.

Taking off her hat and scarf, she folded them into a pillow and laid back. Edmund looked at her cutely, and soon did the same, now laying next to her. At some point, possibly in the comfort of one another, both of them closed their eyes and fell asleep.

Hours later, Edmund woke up first. Seeing the sun setting through the window and Cassie on his right, he smiled at the sight. After a moment of realization, he began to lightly shake Cassie's arm.

"Cass." he whispered. "Cassie, wake up- we gotta go."

"5 more minutes..." she mumbled, turning her back on him.

"No, Cass listen- we fell asleep in the shack and the sun's setting right now."

She jolted up, looking out the window and back at Edmund.

"Oh Merlin, let's go before they notice we're gone." she said, grabbing her scarf and hat and putting them back on. Her and Edmund grabbed their bags and scurried out the shack, carried their feet through the snow, and ran back to the tunnel. Cassie pulled out the map, made sure the coast was clear, and led both of them to her dorm.

"We still have forty five minutes of dinner left, if you want to go." Cassie said once they entered her dorm.

"Sure, I could go for a sandwich right now." said Edmund.

Upon entering the Great Hall, all the professors' heads looked up in the direction of the door- besides Dumbledore, who was already smiling. Ignoring their looks, Cassie and Edmund sat at their usual seats and began to eat in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Er- Are we still going to eat meals together when everyone comes back from holiday?" asked Cassie, biting into her fries.

"I mean, if your friends would let me sit with you guys- I would love to. The Slytherins won't be happy, but the ones that stayed over for the holiday probably already owled their friends." he said, laughing during the last sentence.

"Hermione likes you, Harry doesn't like nor dislike you, but he seemed to be happy when I told him you believe him and Dumbledore. Ron might take a while, though- it seems he's been on his period this whole year." Cassie said, mumbling the last part but making sure it's loud enough for Edmund to hear.

He laughed at her comment, "At least I have a majority of you guys."

"We could always sit with Louis and Timothée if Ron isn't okay with you, I wouldn't mind."

"I've never talked to them before.." he said slowly.

"It's alright, they're just protective but that's all. Louis also has a lot of Hufflepuff pride, so maybe compliment their Quidditch team or something."

"But their Quidditch team sucks," he said, earning a look from Cassie, "fine, I'll compliment them."

Shaking her head, Cassie returned to finishing her meal, as did Edmund. When finished, they made their way back to Cassie's dorm so Edmund could collect his sweets from Hogsmeade.

"If you don't mind, I'm gonna turn in early tonight. I got some letters to send, and I'm feeling kinda tired." said Edmund once he picked his bags up.

"Don't worry about it, I'll walk you out."

Leaving the dorm, Cassie grabbed Edmund's scarf. They soon made their way to the portrait when Edmund turned back to Cassie.

"Do you want your scarf back?" she asked, holding it out for him.

"Nah, I want you to have it." he said, smiling down at her.

"Thanks." she said, smiling. "Goodnight, Ed."

He looked at her hesitantly, before leaning in and kissing her cheek. "Goodnight, Cass."

Once he turned back, Cassie raised her hand to her kissed cheek and could feel her face heating up. Looking at her hand and looking back up, Cassie caught McGonagall looking at her. McGonagall raised her eyebrows with a smile on her face, and walked away- leaving Cassie confused at her reaction.

Turning back to her common room, Cassie went back to her dorm, showered, read a book, and fell asleep.

All with a smile on her face, and butterflies in her stomach.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

421K 11.5K 34
EDMUND X READER "Edmund, I... I like you" I confessed. Fiddling with my fingers. My eyes were looking at everything. Anything. Anything but him. "I j...
70.2K 2.1K 17
- 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐑 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑑𝑚𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝�...
204K 4.3K 31
𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢? 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑎𝑑, 𝑎𝑚 𝐼? Katherine Edwards has lived next door to the Pev...
199K 6.6K 67
Anna Potter is starting her fifth year alongside her brother after an eventful fourth year. She goes to the astronomy tower once more. Only this tim...