The Astronomy Tower- Edmund P...

By -kpotter

DISCONTINUED (harry potter x narnia crossover) "The Cassiopeia constellation- a constellation in the northern... More

cast
one- fifth year
two- the ravenclaws
three- an unexpected breakfast
four- potions partners
five- the astronomy tower
six- lucy pevensie
eight- the scarf
nine- quidditch changes
ten- sever ties
eleven- clipboards
twelve- hog's head
thirteen- antics at breakfast
fourteen- malfoy's plan
fifteen- dobby's place
sixteen- gryffindor vs slytherin
seventeen- nocturnal
eighteen- a day with edmund
nineteen- christmas special
twenty- happy new year
twenty one- hogsmeade
twenty two- infirmary visit
twenty three- jealous, cassie?
twenty four- valentine's part 1
twenty five- valentine's part 2
twenty six- tracey davies
discontinued
new book!

seven- friends, or not?

443 13 2
By -kpotter

A/N: The plot is exposed in this chapter and it may be a little confusing but you guys j gotta wait to see how it plays out n put trust in the process.

Cassie sat in the library until she was dragged out by Madame. Unfinished homework in hand in the cold corridors, Cassie then made her way to the Astronomy Tower. When she got there she opened the door slightly, and when green robes came into view she stepped in.

"Miss me already?" said Cassie questioningly.

Edmund turned quickly and looked at her, smile increasing when he saw her in the doorway.

"You have no idea how good it is to have a friend out of Slytherin."

"And why is that?"

"The blood supremacy is getting out of hand- all that talk about Harry.." he drifted.

"Y-you believe Harry?" asked Cassie surprisingly.

"Of course, anyone who doesn't is an idiot." said Edmund laughing, looking over his shoulder to see Cassie's happy reaction. "Could I ask you something?"

"Of course." Cassie said.

"What- do friends do?" Edmund asked, scratching the back of his head. She could tell he looked uncomfortable asking it, but there was something that threw her off.

Cassie stepped back. She'd seen him around with Draco Malfoy Blaise Zabini at Hogsmeade and meals and supposed they'd been friends.

"Friends?" she asked.

"Yea- you've got plenty of them. What do you do- what would we do?"

"Edmund I think you're over thinking it. You can do anything with your friends- as long as you're happy. We could stay here and do homework, or go to the library, or Hogsmeade. There's no rules for friendship." said Cassie, trying to figure out Edmund's confused look. "D-do you not do that? With Blaise, or Malfoy?"

Edmund look a seat in front the biggest window in the tower and gestured for Cassie to sit next to him. "In Slytherin it's like- people are forced to be friends. Parents connections mean friendship connections, if you will, and since my pure blood family are open supporters of Dumbledore..I think you can figure out the rest."

Cassie hadn't expected for him to be this vulnerable. She was a good listener, not comforter. Cassie looked up at Edmund with a soft look in her eyes, "I'm sorry I'm more of a listener.."

Edmund threw his head back and let a laugh escape his lips. "It's alright, I've said too much."

"No no, you can tell me how you feel- and as a friend I can try and comfort you. We are friends, aren't we?" Cassie asked with a smile on her face.

His brown eyes met her blue ones and his lips tugged upwards. "Friends."

Cassie pulled her book bag out and began working on her essays while Edmund did the same. They both worked in comfortable silence and only talked when asking each other homework questions. It felt nice- being in the presence of someone you know won't judge your beliefs, house, everything. Edmund would occasionally look up to make sure Cassie hadn't disappeared, still hoping she wouldn't be fooled by his acting and figure out what's going on. He wasn't sure why he did it- listening to Draco Malfoy's suggestion of owling her when he should have waited until the next potions class. But once he saw her smiling face on the platform, running towards her friends, he had a feeling he needed to befriend her- to get to know her. In the moment he looked at her while doing homework, he realized he made the wrong choice by agreeing to Draco's plan.

-

September 1, Slytherin Common Room

"I'm sick of these Gryffindors, thinking they rule the world." said Malfoy, wrapping his arm around Pansy. "You agree, don't you?"

She looked at him dreamily, "Of course I agree, who wouldn't?"

"Pevensie." said Malfoy, drawing all eyes on him.

"Of course I agree, nasty Gryffindors.." Edmund said, somewhat mumbling the last part.

"People don't think so." Malfoy said, now whispering, "I think we could use that to our advantage."

"How so?" asked Blaise, now joining in the conversation.

Draco scoffed at the question, as if he were expecting people to read his mind. "Who's a Gryffindor we all hate that's too nice for their own good?"

"Colin Creevey?" asked Blaise.

"W-what?" Malfoy asked, baffled. "No, Scamander. And I have the perfect plan to give her a taste of her own medicine- using our own Edmund Pevensie."

"And if I don't oblige?" asked Edmund.

"I may pay a visit to little old Lucy Pevensie."

Edmund's jaw and fists clenched, regretting his nezt words. "What's the plan?"

-

Present

"And then she gave me five points, but took them away because I called her Minnie." said Cassie in between laughs.

"Minnie?" asked Edmund. "Where'd you get that?"

"Dunno, think I read it somewhere. It makes sense- her name is Minerva."

Edmund shook his head and his attention was drawn to the clock.

"Bloody-"

"It's two?" questioned Cassie as she began to pack her things. "Man Hermione's going to kill me."

"Wish someone cared about me that much." Edmund whispered, shaking his head.

"I do." said Cassie with a smile.

Edmund then turned a deep red. "You do?"

"Well yea- we're friends." She then stood up and swung her bag over her shoulder. "Goodnight Edmund!"

"Goodnight, Cassie."

When Cassie got to the common room that night she noticed Harry asleep on the arm chair with papers spread around him. She decided to fill in most of the work while he slept, besides his Divination charts for she had no idea what to do.

-

Cassie woke up the next morning by Hermione- like always. While getting ready she noticed her bags had gotten somewhat bigger, but decided not to hide them. She put her hair in a messy low bun and made her way to breakfast with Hermione. Hermione was suspiciously quiet, but Cassie assumed she had a rough night on homework. After fifteen minutes of a quiet breakfast, the chatter began.

"Where were you last night?" asked Hermione.

"Fell asleep in the library- managed to finish all my homework." said Cassie blankly.

A slight "hmph" sound came from Hermione before she started again. "Where's Harry?"

"Dead, probably." Cassie said while drinking her coffee.

Hermione shot her a dead glare.

"What- oh I'm kidding obviously..He's probably just tired from his detention and homework that's all."

Harry, turns out, had an awful night. He stayed up late to finish his homework and wouldn't have finished without Cassie's help. Cassie, however, was glad to help her friend. She was caught up and one of the top students in Transfiguration. On her way to dinner with her friends her and Harry was stopped by Peter again, only for Harry to get yelled at which ruined his already sour mood.

"I'm in detention!" yelled Harry as Peter withered away. "I'd rather be playing Quidditch than being in a room with a toad!"

"At least it's only lines.." said Hermione consolingly. "It's not as dreadful as a punishment, really.."

Harry looked unsure as he picked at his steak and kidney pie.

"I cant believe how much homework we've got." said Ron while groaning.

"Why didn't you do any last night?" Hermione as suspiciously. "Where were you anyway?"

"I-I fancied a walk.."

Hermione then looked at Cassie. "And you fell asleep in the library?"

Cassie didn't look up to meet her eyes, knowing she couldn't lie to Hermione. "Mhmmm.."

It seemed as though everyone but Hermione was concealing something at the moment. Harry, Ron, and Cassie all met each other's eyes at the same time and immediately looked down from each other. They continued to eat in silence until someone threw a paper ball at Cassie's head.

"D-did someone really throw a paper ball at my head?" asked Cassie, holding the ball and looking around the hall.

"Looks like there's a note-" said Ron, snatching the paper and reading the letter.

Thanks for the help last night, you're a great friend. Same time tonight?

EP

"Who's EP and why were you with them last night?" asked Ron.

Cassie reached across the table and snatched the note. "Don't worry about it."

"EP as in Edmund Pevensie?" said Hermione.

Cassie looked up slowly and put a sheepish smile on her face.

"You're friends now?" asked Harry. "Right after I face Voldemort, he asks to be friends?"

"I'll have you know he told me he believes you." said Cassie while shifting uncomfortably.

"He's just friends with you to get closer to Harry." said Ron blankly.

A wave of hurt had been slashed upon Cassie's face. She felt guilty second guessing Edmund, but felt stupid to not consider what Ron had said. She felt looks being burned in the back of her head and turned around to make eye contact with Edmund. Cassie then ruffled her eyebrows, stuffed the note to the end of her book bag, and left the Great Hall.

AN:

Call her dramatic but when I second guess myself I blame myself and take it out on me, so she left the great hall so she wouldn't get angry at her other friends. Idk might be dramatic but I don't think so.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 6.5K 67
Anna Potter is starting her fifth year alongside her brother after an eventful fourth year. She goes to the astronomy tower once more. Only this tim...
520 6 6
Cassiopeia-Jamie Lupin-Black goes to Hogwarts, where she meets her God brother Harry Potter and makes lots of new friends. This book will follow CJ's...
4.3K 135 10
Made to appear as dangerous criminals, and deprived of their home, the Potter twins will find themselves forced to leave everything behind, setting o...
276K 11.7K 84
"Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood..." With one sentence, her life would be changed forever. Andy Collins could never have expected how her lov...