Chapter 3

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

Today's the day I'm telling them. My whole family, I'm telling them I'm taking the spot for the Giants. I need to, not only for my career but because I want to be coached by someone that's not related to me. I want that experience and I want to be able to fully play to my potential. I just know that I need to go to New York. I found an apartment in the city already, and it's a few blocks from the stadium.

"Mom?" I ask walking into the kitchen as I look around. Bri's been home for two days, and this is the time. Especially since Brogan's here and my grandparents.

"Yes honey?" She asks walking up to me as I look down at her.

"I need to talk to everyone." I mumble as she nods. My dad's standing on the other side of the kitchen talking to Brogan as I look over at them both. They are talking under their breath as my grandma and grandpa make their way to the table to sit down. Then it hits me, and I feel so guilty I don't think I can do it.

I can't do this. I walk away to the hall bathroom as I hold my composure and shut the door. I can't break my moms heart, she wouldn't be able to take it if I left.

I love my mom but I need to do this. I need to go to New York and I know it's the right thing to do. I made up my mind today when Katherine called me over and over again trying to talk. I know my way out of here, and it's with this offer.

"Brody, you alright man?" I hear Brogan behind the door. I open it up as I lean back on the sink and look at him.

"I know about your offer" he tells me as I nod.

"I got one too, it's time for a new draft, and mom doesn't get it." He tells me as I nod and stay still.

"What about you? Are you taking yours?" I ask as he looks at his hands, "Truthfully, I want to, but I don't know. I can't leave Lilly, and I can't leave Atlanta, my offers for the Panthers. But I know yours is for the best team in the NFL right now Brody. You have to take it." He tells me as I nod and stay still. We have always been super close, and I respect Brogan so much.

"I planned on telling mom, but I don't want her to freak out on me". I tell him as he smiles.

"She birthed you, she's always going to be worried about you. Just spend this last month with her before you go. She'll support you." He tells me as I walk out the door.

"You know for a little brother you're alright." I tell him as I push his shoulder. "I'm going to bigger than you anyway". He smiles as I walk back into the kitchen.

I sit down at the kitchen table as my nonexistent anxiety kicks in, "Brody what was it?" My mom asks the second we sit down. Shit, here we go. I look over at my great grandmother Grace in her wheelchair as she smiles at me. I told her a few days ago when I went and saw my grandparents, Grace and Beau always know everything about my life before it happens, well that was before Beau died.

"I got an offer for another team" I tell everyone as they all still except for my dad, brother and grandpa who already knew. My mom had to know this was bound to happen. The drafts always a big deal and it changes everything.

"It's double what I make now, and I know you and dad are ready for me to move out. You just won't say it, I'm twenty six and still living here, it's sad. I know I need to grow up. It's for the New York Giants." I conclude as she stares at me.

"Brody I'm so happy for you" Bri tells me as I nod, "Thank you."

"Brody baby, is this really what you want to do? I know you can renew your contract here" my grandma adds as she grabs my hand and I nod.