Chapter 42

**So I decided to give you guys a little snippet into Brody and Gemma's life since their relationship moved so fast. Brody's story is not over, and I love Gemma's character with all my heart so don't hate me for this.**

(9 Months Later)

**(Edited)**

Gemma's POV

I don't know where Brody is and I'm losing my mind. He was supposed to be home over an hour ago and I've called him ten times and he won't answer. I'm worried to the point of me vomiting up all my dinner and I'm sitting beside the front window in the hallway to look for him. I've been staring at the driveway for thirty minutes calling him over and over again.

I don't know where he is. I called Cruz and his wife, I called my mom, I called his quarterback coach, and the only one who knew where he was was his coach and he said Brody left at his normal time. I'm worried about him. Being pregnant makes it worse, it's like every emotion I've ever had had multiplied and tripled until I'm a mess.

When I feel the vomit rise I rush to the bathroom off the hall and drop to my knees launching myself at the toilet. I'm so sick of this, it was supposed to go away after the first trimester and it never did. I guess our little girl wants to make mommy puke. She's been kicking like crazy at my bladder, and she's already a handful. I remember the day we went to the doctor and she told us we were having a little girl. I cried I was so happy, and Brody was disappointed but I know he's still happy. I might go through this one more time so we can have a little boy but I was so happy to get a little girl to spoil rotten and so was my mom.

I'm just terrified of going into labor, so I haven't. I was supposed to get induced a week ago and I couldn't do it, and I freaked out. I had a panic attack, I couldn't breathe and I couldn't handle it. I'm not ready yet, and she's just going to have to stay in me until I'm ready. Brody being gone doesn't even help with the stress. I'm freaked out because I trust him, but I don't know where he is.

I wash out my mouth and brush my teeth before holding my back in one hand and big belly in the other and walk around the stairs to go up them. I climb up them and make my way into Adeline's nursery. We chose Adeline two days ago after literally reading names everyday until we both found one we loved, and her names Adeline Grace Kingston. I brought up the idea of naming her after Grace, and Brody immediately said yes, he still goes and sees her grave when we make it down to Atlanta for the holidays.

I start folding up onesies and repacking and organizing my hospital bag for the hundredth time. I just don't want to miss anything I might need and I don't want to forget the essentials. I'm nervous about giving birth, I'm scared of it and I haven't even told Brody. He found out when I couldn't do it a week ago and I can't do it now.

I sit down while looking at the pink walls and the teddy bears as I smile. It looks so good, and Brody did such a good job painting and putting all the furniture together while I bossed him around on the color choices. I look over at my ultrasound pictures and smile. My favorite one is hanging on the wall, my mom is there holding my hand, and Brody is rubbing my belly as the ultrasound technician does her thing. The doctor took it before she walked in the room and I love it.

I lean back before she starts kicking. "Hi Adeline. Are you being a bad girl?" I whisper down at my stomach before rubbing my hands under my shirt feeling it. I can't wait to meet her, but the birth of her, I want to skip that part. I rub the left side of my stomach as she kicks my hand and I smile. She only does this for Brody and I. She knows our hands because she won't do it for my mom or the doctor. She especially loves when Brody leans onto my stomach at night and starts talking to her. I swear I can hear her giggles already when he starts tapping his fingers over my belly.