Chapter 24

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

After holding Gemma and waiting for a few minutes to get everything together, I walk into the garage with Gem. She gasps as she looks at all the cars. I'm surprised Brielle's car is here, she's probably on her way back from school right now.

"This is my dads truck, Brogan's truck, Brock's since he bought a new one in Wisconsin, my moms car, Brielle's car, and then the two traveling SUV's. My dad and grandpa have to use them so people won't follow them to the stadiums and stuff. They have blackout windows and are bulletproof." I tell her as she nods and keeps walking with me past all of the vehicles.

I grab the keys to one of the SUV's as I hand my dad the keys to his truck. He takes my moms hand and they get into the truck as Brogan gets into his truck with Lily, who Gemma actually liked, and Brock gets in his truck with Alee.

Opening the door for Gem, she gets into the passengers side of the vehicle before I go to the driver side. "Are you okay to drive?" She asks as I nod.

I think I'm okay, I'm just coping.

I open the garage and watch everyone else pull out before Gemma and I follow them. The drive is quiet until I reach over and grab Gemma's hand.

"I'm sorry" I whisper as she rubs my hand quietly.

"Brody-" she goes to start as I cut her off. "No Gem, I shouldn't have acted that way towards you. I shouldn't have made you think that I wanted to break up when I don't. This morning, Christian started shit, then I got the call, and then I saw him with you and it brought up every damn fear I have. I was upset, angry, and thought I couldn't trust you when I know I can. I'm sorry for flipping out and making you feel bad." I tell her as she nods her head silently. I keep driving following the road to my grandparents house quietly.

"Why would you think that I'd pick him? I know you didn't say that directly but where you scared that I'd cheat on you?" She whispers as I lock my jaw.

"It's happened before" I whisper as she rubs my hand. It did happen before, Katherine cheated on me with another guy on the football team while I was under her spell. I felt like I wasn't good enough.

"Brody, I would never do that to you. Ever. I couldn't do it and live with myself much less, live with doing it to you. You mean a lot to me, I could be in New York with my mom right now, or setting up production, but I'm not. I'm here, I'm here with you because I want to be. Christian doesn't mean anything to me anymore besides a past. I don't trust him, want him, or respect him the way I do you. He's doesn't even hold a candle to you. You are the guy I care about, you make me happy." She tells me blushing as I move my hand to rub the side of her face. God I love her.

"I'd never do that to you either" I whisper as she nods.

"But I am sorry. I can't say I won't be angry again but I'll work on it". I whisper as she nods. She leans into my hand before leaning all the way over to console and kissing me softly.

"I know you're going through a lot right now and I'm here for you. Whatever you need I'm here." She tells me rubbing my thigh as I nod. I kiss her cheek softly as she rubs my hand and thigh simultaneously. I need this right here, I need her.

"I know you are, thank you Gem. For being here, being my gem." I whisper as she smiles and blushes.

"I'll always be here." She tells me as I smile. I hope so, I hope she's always be right here with me.

~~~~

Pulling up at my grandparents house feels odd. I know it's because Grace died here, and I don't want to walk in knowing that. When I cut off the car I go around to Gemma's side and see everyone's car. From aunt Tatum, to uncle Turner, to my cousins and distant relatives. They are all here. The driveway is packed, it almost looks like Christmas just without the happiness.