Chapter 31

**(Edited)**

Gemma's POV

I'm numb this morning. I can't cry because I've cried out all my tears and at this point I'm just exhausted. I'm so terrified of being alone, and now I am. That's why I was with Christian for so long, I loved him, but after everything that happened it slowly dissolved into a friend love. I just don't like being lonely, I hate the feeling of not having someone. But when that someone is Brody, who's unquestionably amazing, but wants kids, I don't know what to do. I think I was falling in love with him, and the fact that I don't want children has been nagging me because I know he does. He'd make an amazing father, and now that my mom told me I don't carry a cancer gene, that ones out of the way.

The other one is that I'm scared of raising a child alone, but I don't think Brody would leave. But I didn't think my dad would either and he did. He left me because I wasn't good enough and I can't help but wonder if I was boy, he would have taken me. My mom told me he was mad when she got pregnant, but he was madder when he found out I was a girl. Maybe if I had a penis he'd still be in my life, and that's something I've dealt with my whole life.

I'm never good enough, and with Brody, I felt like I was. He treated me so well, and he never made me feel bad about who I was. He just held me, showed me he cares, and he was open. I'm the closed off one that can't get her mind together.

I cried myself to sleep, and it's past the time for me to go to work and I just can't do it. I'm heartbroken because I broke up with the potential love of my life. I knew Brody was special, but I didn't think I'd be this messed up after dating him for such a little bit of time.

"Gem, you alright honey?" My mom asks tapping my door as she opens it and sees my back facing her, and towards the New York skyline.

"No" I whisper as I wipe a few tears from my face. I'm still a mess and I broke up with him. I did. I saw his calls on my phone, and saw his messages but I just can't. Especially knowing that he's coming back today, and I can't even walk into the hallway.

"Gemma, go talk to him" she whispers as she comes over and rubs the side of my back. She wraps her arms around my back lifting my covers back as I turn over.

She's dressed for today, and she's got her head scarf on. "I'm going out. I have to go get a dress for the launch party and I want to go get a new wig that's my natural color." She tells me as I nod and lay down right in front of her as she rubs my face.

"I'll come with you" I tell her trying to stand up as she shakes her head no.

"Actually, I'm going out with one of the women from my chemotherapy group. So, I'll be okay. You've got company in the living room." She tells me standing up and pulling her shirt down along with her trousers. She grabs her purse from beside me on my nightstand.

"Who? Who is here?" I ask as she smiles and kisses the top of my head.

"Go find out, I love you Gem, I'll see you this afternoon sweet girl" she tells me kissing the top of my head while smiling. She pulls away and walks out of the door as I stand up. I walk to the bathroom, slip on my slippers, grab a hoodie, and brush my teeth. I was my face quickly before throwing my hair in a large bun and wiping my face. I look rough, I look worse than rough, probably the worse I've ever looked.

I walk into the kitchen and stop when I see Brody standing beside the countertop. He has his arms crossed on his chest, and he looks pissed. I feel my heart hit my ass, and almost cry when he stares and sighs. I don't know how to react, so I run to my room.

~~~~

Brody's POV

Standing in front of Gemma's apartment door this morning, is something I have to do. I know I messed up pressuring her, and I get it now. We aren't done because I don't want to break up, I don't want to be done.