Chapter 13

Gemma's Flowers!

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

After a hell of a practice I'm ready to see Gem. I'm ready to leave this place and see my girl. I walk to my truck and hop in driving to my apartment. I just want to see Gem.

I drive for a few minutes in the hell of New York traffic even at nine. It's night and people should be home now but it's crazy. I drive to the flower shop right up the road and buy a bouquet of baby pink and red roses, I know she'll love those.

Once I get them, I pull into my parking spot and walk into the building before going to the elevator. I wait for it to reach the ninth floor before I knock on the door waiting to see Gemma. I gave her my key. I hadn't put it on the same key ring as my truck keys yet and I don't even have a key to my apartment, she has it.

I knock again as it opens and shows my beautiful Gem, I hold the flowers behind my back hiding them. I'd love to come back everyday and see this, "Hey Gem" I whisper walking in as I grab her into my arms and hugging her. Before she can protest I wrap my arms around her and lift her up. She looks beautiful, she's in a blue dress, light makeup and her hairs curled around her face.

I wrap her legs around my waist, closing the door and walk into the kitchen as I sit her on the countertop. I smell the food already and it smells so good. I love when she's wrapped around me like this though, I love being with her.

"What's all this about?" She asks as I smell her hair. It smells fruity and clean, and it always looks healthy and beautiful.

"I missed you" I whisper to her as she smiles and kisses my cheek shocking me. I hold the roses under her behind as I pull them away and show them to her.

"Brody I was joking but they are so beautiful and my favorite colors." She tells me smiling as she rubs my cheek and holds her hand over mine on the roses.

"I wanted to see your face." I tell her as she grins and sets the flowers down.

"I'm glad; I wanted to see you too, I made dinner." She mumbles as I let go of her and look at the countertop. She didn't make dinner, she made a whole damn buffet. There's baked potatoes, macaroni and cheese, fried chicken, green beans, rolls, and for dessert she made an apple pie.

"Gemma you made all this?" I ask as she nods. "I looked up southern food and this is what I found. Do you eat all this?" She asks smiling as I nod. Just the fact that she had to look it up and make sure I ate it is enough to make me happy.

"I wanted a redo of our first dinner where I know you hated the food." She tells me as I smile. I kiss her forehead as she grins at her product.

"Gem you didn't have to do all this. You could have got take out and I'd be okay." I tell her while rubbing her hip as she slips off the countertop. Her bare-feet, dress, everything is perfect.