Chapter 19

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

When we make it the wine venue in the city Gemma is shocked and smiling all in one. I did good, I really did. I tried my hardest to make this one of the best, if not the best date Gemma has ever been on and I think I'm doing my job.

I've made her feel special and she's special to me. I want her happy; I love watching her white teeth smile when she's happy and I'm going to do everything in my power to keep her that way. I think Gemma's the one, and after tonight, I'll know whether she is or not. I've never been a very indecisive man, and I know what I want. I knew when I needed to move out and trade teams. And now I know that I've never met a woman quite like Gemma Sabrina Ashton.

I walk her over to the doors as we open them and see the distillery and wine tasting sections. She immediately walks us the the line, "I have a confession to make" she tells me as I nod and rub her hand. Her hands are so soft, and she always keeps them that way.

I have never liked holding hands with a woman. I hate the way it looks from a bystanders perspective but, with Gemma I don't give a fuck who looks at us hold hands because she's mine and only will be mine.

"Wine is my favorite and it's the only thing that gets me drunk so don't let me have a lot." She tells me sternly as I nod and grab two or the wooden trays filled with wine samples. We sit down at the barstools and another server brings out cheesecake samples as we grab the first one.

I drink the first red wine sample and look at her as she smiles, "Brody I think that's my new favorite" she mumbles drinking her whole small amount.

"Here you can have mine" I tell her gladly handing over mine. I don't like wine, I think it's disgusting, it's right up there with champagne on the nasty drinks list. I'm definitely not a New York guy, I don't like any of the food and drinks here that aren't plain.

"I really do appreciate you doing this for me, major brownie points." She whispers rubbing my hand as she leans over to me and kisses my cheek.

"Well, I wanted to make you happy." I tell her as she smirks grabs my hand.

"You do make me happy." She tells me while rubbing my arm.

"Can I ask you something?" She asks as I nod and watch her closely, "Promise me you won't take it the wrong way." She tells me as I nod. This can't be good, whatever it is might piss me off.

"What made you want to date me? Is it because of Christian? I know you both hate each other" she questions as I rub the napkin in front of me. She's valid I'll give her that.

"No, the only thing we have ever talked about was that we'd see who got starting quarterback this coming season. I didn't even know who you were until you showed up at the bar looking hot as hell and I knew you didn't need to be treated that way." I tell her as she sighs and nods.

"But I can read you Gemma" I whisper at the end as she laughs, "Brody nobody can read me except my mom" she tells me as I nod.

"You're scared" I tell her as she stills, "You're scared of dating me because you don't want to get hurt. You're scared of not making me happy or not making you happy. Am I right?" I ask as she nods and looks down.

"I guess you can read me" she whispers as I reach over and grab her hand.

"Gemma relationships are about trust, you have to trust me." I tell her as she rubs my hand back.

"I'm going to try, really I am but I don't want to get hurt and I'm scared I'm not enough. What's stopping you from cheating on me or worse?" She asks as I lean forward. I grab her neck and bring her face to mine before I kiss her softly.