Chapter 26

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

Going to bed tonight, I'm quiet. I lay down in my bed as I listen to Gemma in the bathroom. I just-, I never cry. I never break down like I did with Gemma, ever. I was so upset and still am, but I'm just happy she wrote me a letter, a final letter. She said goodbye in her own way and I can live with that.

Gem comes out the bathroom wearing a tank top and pajama shorts before grabbing her bag. She's not wearing makeup, her hairs damp, and her eyes are puffy just like mine. I move the covers and stand up going over to shut my bedroom door. When I do I lock the door, and cut on the TV.

It's not that late, and we ate dinner probably three hours ago. Gemma takes out a black dress and walks over to my closet hanging it up before grabbing my bag and taking the tuxedo out. Next, I'm surprised to see she has a steamer. She must have thought about how wrinkled our clothes would get.

"Gem, you don't have to do that tonight." I whisper while flipping through the channels as she shakes her head.

"I want to do it tonight and tomorrow morning to make sure they both look good. I don't want them to be wrinkled." She tells me as I nod. I stand up and help her put water in the small steamer before she grabs my tux and starts getting the wrinkles out.

She does the whole thing while refilling the water, and then doing her dress. She'll look beautiful in it, it's an appropriate length and it drops right before her knees.

It's quiet as she finishes. She called her mom earlier and told her goodnight, so now it's just us for the night. At least I hope so, I've never slept in the same bed with her before. I'm kind of looking forward to it, because I'll be able to hold her all night.

"So I need to tell you something and I don't think you'll like it" she whispers while sitting down on the comforter right in front of me.

"Okay" I whisper as I rub her soft kneecap.

"Do you remember today when you left with most of your family to set up the funeral arrangements?" She asks as I nod. I went with my dad, grandpa, uncles, cousins, aunt Tayson, and grandma to set up the flowers and ceremony space, along with the graveside chairs, and flowers. I left Gemma with my mom, sister, girl cousins and aunts.

Gemma's POV

"Yeah, did something happen?" He asks as I shake my head no, and then shake it yes.

"It was just kind of odd around Alee. She pulled me aside to talk and she just asked about you. It was so odd, it was like she was more concerned about you than she was about Brock. Brody I get a bad vibe from her and somethings not right with her." I whisper to him as quietly as I can.

"Why would she ask that? What was it like?" He asks as I sit still.

"She wanted to know about our relationship, your football team now, how we met, like all this personal stuff and I pretended to be a dumb blonde so I wouldn't have to tell her but god Brody. It just felt so odd, I think she has a motive and not one that's in Brock's best interest. I think Lily is amazing and she balances Brogan out. He's so stern and serious and she's quiet and calm and they work. But Brock's girl, she's odd. I lied and told her we have been dating for three years so she'd back off. I mean did he even tell anyone he was bringing her?" I ask as he shakes his head no.

"I've noticed her looks but I didn't think anything about it."

"She's off. My radars up because I don't trust her." I tell him as he nods. He leans forward and kisses me softly before pulling away.

"That make it better?" He asks as I shake my head no. I lean to him and kiss him as I smile. I force my tongue into his mouth as he moans and grips my hips.