Chapter 32

**Gemma's Flowers**

**Gemma's Dress**

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

Asking Gemma to be my date for the Giants dinner is kind of a big deal to me. I've never had a girl go to any of the things with me, not even when I played for the Falcons. So now that we've been officially dating for a few weeks I think it's time. After she broke up with me, and we got back together she's different. I feel like she's trying to trust me, and she still hasn't told me she loves me but, I know she does. She's just hard to get to know on a deeper level and I feel like we're finally in that place.

Her dinner is tomorrow night and she already asked me to come with her and her mom. But I haven't asked her yet, and today is our last day to tell the people running our dinner if we have a plus one or not. She's probably scared of going, but I hope not. I generally mentioned it and she'd said she would go but that was almost two months ago and I really want my answer now.

I park outside of her work building fresh from workouts this morning with clean jeans, and a Giants tee shirt and hat on. I grab the flowers from the passengers seat that I got on way here and walk to her building. I immediately recognize the girl at the front desk as she smiles as wide as she can when she sees me. I smile and walk past her going straight to the elevator. I think she might like me, but Gem's the only girl getting my attention. I meant what I told her weeks ago, she's the only girl I want.

I click the button and take it to her floor before the doors open again and I see the familiar place, except I don't have to hide this time. Time I step off the elevator people immediately look at me and my body frame. I know I'm big, and I could probably touch the ceilings if I wanted to, but the looks are odd.

I even hear a few gasps as I hold the big flowers in my hands. Walking up to the front desk I smile at the elderly lady Mrs. Noel.

"Excuse me, Can you tell me where Gemma is?" I ask as she smiles. She almost speaks as I hear heels behind me.

"Brody?" I hear behind me as I turn and see Gemma in her outfit. She's got a hot pink dress on with nude heels and her hair is perfectly curled. In her hands is a few palettes and a whole chart of colors. She looks damn beautiful.