Chapter 25

**(Edited)**

Gemma's POV

"Bye, I'll be back soon" Brody whispers while kissing me softly and walking out the front door with some of his family members. I'm so scared to be left alone without him in a place I don't know. His grandparents home is so big it's confusing, and I don't know how I'm going to answer and deal with all the questions I'm going to get thrown my way.

Closing the door behind him I watch him walk away before there's a tug at the bottom of my shirt. When I look down I see a small little girl with the most beautiful blue eyes and brown hair. I think her name was Lacey, I'm almost positive she's Eliza and Grant's child. They are one of the couples I remember because they have Lacey and an adorable baby girl named Lindsey.

"Hi, Lacey" I tell her bending down to her small height.

"Ms. Gemma right?" She asks as I nod and smile. One thing I have noticed is that there is no tolerance for disrespect here. Everyone is always "Yes sir, yes ma'am" and "sir this and sir that" it's odd because it's rude to speak that way in New York for a lot of people.

"Yes, that's me and you're Lacey with the blue eyes!" I speak to her as she smiles and nods.

"So what can I do for you Lacey?" I ask as she sighs and looks at me, "Uncle big Brody is my friend" she tells me as I smile and nod. They all call him Big Brody, I'm just waiting on the baby pictures before I believe it. I know he's big now, all six foot four and two hundred and something pounds of him. I'm not entirely sure that he's her uncle but that's what a lot of the family members call him so I get it.

"He's sad" she whispers as I shake my head no. After we cried for an hour, he seemed to calm down a bit.

"He's not sad, he's just unhappy about GG passing away to heaven. I'm glad uncle big Brody is your friend though, did you both spend a lot of time together?" I ask as she nods and then shakes her head no.

"Not anymore, he left. But before that, he tried to braid my hair one time" she tells me as I smile.

"Speaking of, these braids are so pretty!" I tell her grabbing her piggy tails as she smiles and flips them off her shoulders.

"Thanks! Mommy did them!" She squeals making me smile.

"Do you like makeup Lacey?" I ask as she nods and then pulls me closer to her, "Don't tell daddy but me and mommy do it when he's not home. He said it gets in the floor" she whispers as I grin.

"I'll have to talk to mommy about that. You know I own my own makeup company?" I ask as she shakes her head no. "Really?" She asks as I nod.

"I might bring you some samples if mommy likes it but, don't tell daddy!" I tell her as she shakes her head yes. I haven't started a children's line, but looking at her really makes me think hard about it, and she's beautiful.

"Lacey, you know you have to go wash your hands before dinner!" I hear Eliza as she walks up to us.

"Yes ma'am" Lacey mumbles before walking past me to the bathroom.

"Sorry about that, she just loves to talk. She just wouldn't eat a while ago and she needs something on her belly." Eliza tells me as I shake my head, nod and smile.

"She's nothing but a joy but I want to admit something. She did tell me about you both doing makeup." I tell Eliza as she smiles.

"It got in the carpet in her room one time and Grant was so mad so we do it in the bathroom now. What daddy doesn't know won't hurt him." She tells me smiling as I nod.

"I actually brought a few unopened samples with me and I'd love to give Lacey some of them if you wouldn't mind. They would look really beautiful on her, and you as well considering you've both got blue eyes." I tell her as she nods.