Chapter 5

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

"Shit man, I hate him and I respect you so much for that shit. I'm Cruz, wide receiver" I look at the man beside me as I nod. He seems pretty cool, he's a shorter than me but he's built and looks like an obvious ladies man. He's tall, dark, and not a bad looking guy, he reminds me of a few of the guys I played with in college.

"Just call me Brody, and he wanted to talk shit so I put him in his place" I tell Cruz as he takes his pads off in the locker spot right next to me. Cruz Collins, he seems like a cool guy. We had to practice together and run drills but he's good, and he's always smiling so I know he loves his job and being here.

"I'm glad you did, he's a fucktard" he tells me as I shake my head no.

"I'm not about calling him names and shit, I think he's scared he'll lose his contract but it's a team. It's not just want he wants, it's about getting to the Super Bowl this year." I tell him as he nods.

"Hell yeah, I need a raise" he tells me as I smile.

"A couple of the guys are going to the bar in town for drinks after we shower. Want to come, maybe hang out get to know the city? I promise the whole teams not dicks, just avoid Chandler and Christian, they're dicks not men." he tells me as I take off my cleat. Why not? What else do I have to do besides sit at my apartment by myself and watch TV?

"Yeah, why not? You live in the city?" I ask as he nods and slips grabs a towel as we walk to the showers together. I have never and will never be self conscious of my body. I am fit, and I know I am from working out so damn much but Brielle's friends and other girls have always tried to get with me.

"Yeah, I just moved into a townhouse with my woman. She's pregnant and I'm going to be a dad in six months." he tells me as I look at the glass shower stalls and strip.

"Congrats man" I tell him hitting his shoulder as he grins.

"What about you? Got a woman? Look at you man, a legendary Kingston and a quarterback, you've got to have somebody." he speaks as I grab the disposable body wash and start scrubbing the sweat off my body.

"No, not for a while I hope. My ex girlfriend was crazy, crazy doesn't cover it. She's ruined relationships for me for a while at least." I rasp out as he shakes his head.

"It's a big city, you'll find someone sooner than you think. Who knows it might me the most unexpected girl ever" he tells me as I shake my head laughing and finish washing. I sure as hell hope not, I am not ready for another relationship yet, I've only been out of one for a little over a month and a half.

~~~~

"This is the best bar in town, hands down. Come on I'll buy the new guy a drink" Cruz tells me pushing me through the city as I finally take a look at it. It's bigger than huge, there's not even words to describe this place, it's just so big. I literally got lost in my house for years, and now I'm in the biggest city in the United States and I'm bound to get lost.

June Arrow is written across the door as he opens it and I look at the place. It's expensive as shit, and a drink is probably twenty dollars. Not that I'm worried, I don't plan on getting drunk, and I don't plan on wasting the money I'm making.

"Thanks man, so how long have you played for the Giants?" I ask as we sit down at the bar and he orders two whiskeys. I guess he's doing the hard liquor.

"Four years, I played for the Jet's for a little while. I think I played with-" he goes to start as I cut him off, "Caleb Kingston, my little cousin" I tell him as he nods.