Chapter 38

Hello readers from Tiktok, crikey there have been a lot of you!! Thank you for reading Miniminter's sister and now this, I'm trying to upload as quick as I can so you can finish your binge! Hope you like this chapter, and thank you for all the love. 

also a psa for readers that this story is linked in with selfish so for more of a backstory make sure you read that xox

I decide against telling Harry about what Simon had told me. Besides, if I had, he would've sided with Simon anyway. Ultimately, he was family orientated and it was so clear to see. Apart from Simon, I didn't really speak to my family. The last time I had spoken to Nick and Johnny was after the cancellation of my tour, when they had reached out to see if I was alright. 

The issue had been bugging me more than I had liked to admit. I couldn't stop thinking about it, and every time I did I became more frustrated with myself. I didn't want to be thinking about it!

I wanted to forget that it was even a thing. How dare they even have the audacity to ask to be apart of my kid's life...they hadn't even wanted to be in my own life. 

No, that wasn't fair...Simon was right. I had pushed them away so much it had been impossible for them to come back, even if they had wanted to. Me moving out at sixteen also probably hadn't helped...blaming this on them wasn't fair. 

However, it wasn't to say that them wanting to barge back in was fair either. And it wasn't happening, whether or not it was Simon's dying wish, or whatever. Completely dramatic. 

"Bubs?" Harry asks, alerting my attention away from my thoughts, and instead trained on him. 

"Huh?"

"Mum's on the phone," he said, gesturing to the phone that was still in his hand. "She's wondering if we'd like to go back to Guernsey for a few days," he continued, looking between me and the phone. 

Why not? It would, after all, be a nice little break with everything going on. Besides, I hadn't seen Rosie in literal years, so it would be nice to catch up with her too. 

"Let's do it. I'm down!" I tell him, watching his face light up as he left the room, mouthing that he'd be back. That had been unexpected, to say the last, but also very welcomed. 

I loved Guernsey, I had enjoyed my last visit so much, and now I could look forward to going again. 

-

"I think I'm going to crash asleep as soon as my head touches a pillow," I say to Harry, stifling a yawn as we wait in the lobby of the small airport in Guernsey. The flight had been sweet and short, and Harry's parents were driving down to pick us up from the airport, except today the traffic had been bad, or something, because we'd been waiting here for a good twenty minutes. 

He had his arm slung around my shoulder, keeping me warm as we waited. Luckily as it was a small airport there wasn't really anyone here, especially no fans which was a blessing in disguise...greeting fans had become so much more difficult and stressful when pregnant, and I had actually started to avoid going out so I could skip such interactions. 

"I was going to say, I didn't think I saw you sleep on the plane...you must be exhausted," he said sympathetically, rubbing a smooth pattern on my arm. 

"It's not easy being nearly four months pregnant and travelling in a plane," I say sarcastically, but not mad at all. I was actually very excited to see his family again. 

"And I'm so grateful for everything you do...but you already know that," he grins, and I feel a small kiss on the side of my head. 

We stay like that for a little while longer, looking out of the long windows just across the room from us, watching the lit up runway with amusement. It's not too long before Harry's phone buzzes again, and it's his Mum this time telling him they're outside.