Chapter 49

Two things before we start. 

Go follow my tiktok! It's the same @as my wattpad - multiixfandcm! i'll be posting updates and other exciting things on there!

Secondly, I have just released the first chapter of my new SALIA fanfiction! It's going to be very different from what I usually write, and Simon is going to be a much more complex character, but all that aside, I hope you enjoy it! Anyway, onto the chapter :)

One week had passed since we were allowed to bring Orla home, and it had been the happiest week of my life. I was finally starting to feel like myself again, and with her and Harry both at home it was hard to keep the smile off of my face. 

Today was a special day. Freya, Josh, and the other guys were all coming round to meet Orla for the first time today. Talia and Simon were also coming along, as were Elouise and Isobel, so it would be a chance for all of us to spend an afternoon together. 

Safe to say, I was very excited to finally see my friends again. I knew Harry was too. 

"What time did you say? Two?" I asked, currently holding Orla, trying to stop her from crying. She hadn't stopped all morning. 

"No, one!" he responded, trying to make himself heard over her cries. 

"One?!" I asked, clearly not expecting it. "But - but it's half twelve! That's half an hour, and I'm nowhere near ready!" I complained, looking down at the screaming child in my arms, and back across at Harry. 

"I did tell you this morning -" he started, but I cut him off with a hand motion. 

"Take her for me?" I asked, holding her out for him to take. He nodded, taking her from me, letting me go into our room, to get ready. I couldn't exactly greet our friends in pyjamas with my hair everywhere. I looked like a complete state. 

I didn't have time to properly get ready, instead using dry shampoo for my hair, trying to style it the best I could. I threw on a smart enough top, resorting to just wearing leggings and hoping they wouldn't mind. 

I made my way back out into the living room, catching a sight of Harry and Orla by the window, looking out onto the view of London. It was a picture perfect moment, and it was suddenly very handy that I had my phone right next to me...

I snapped a quick picture, deciding to keep it for myself. Pocketing my phone I cleared my throat, Harry turning around with Orla. I managed to hear him say the world Mummy and beautiful, and that on its own was enough to make me blush. 

"I hope I look decent," I worry, catching my reflection in the window. Not too shabby. 

"You look perfect. But I should tell you that Simon and Talia are going to be here early."

"How early is early?" I question him, noticing that the apartment was still messy. 

"Uh, like, in the elevator right now in this building early -" he started, widening his eyes as I opened my mouth to say something, but deciding that it would be no good raising my voice when Orla had - 

"Hang on, how the heck have you managed to stop her from crying?" I asked. It had been so peaceful, I hadn't even noticed. 

"I dunno...she just stopped when you gave her to me," he shrugged. "She loves her Daddy, that's what it is, huh?" He asked, switching to his baby voice and playing with her chin. 

"Well - would you mind putting her down and helping me clear her toys out of the way? We have a lot of people coming round - don't want them sitting on anything they shouldn't be," I say, picking up a squishy caterpillar off of the sofa, chucking it Harry's way.