Chapter 16

all i can say is im sorry for the next two chapters i promise itll get happier pls dont hate me

ONE WEEK UNTIL TOUR

"Have you talked to him yet? You probably should, you know we don't mind having you here, but you go on tour in less than a week and he said he's at a loss of what to do," Simon tells me as we sit in his office eating takeaway he had ordered earlier. 

"No," I said with an exasperated sigh. "I haven't talked to him yet, and I know I probably should but he's made me feel cautious around him and I don't want to have to feel cautious around him. I should be able to trust him and I don't. I'm scared that if I forgive him too quickly it'll backfire and damage us permanently, and I don't want it to do that."

"Alright, but I never said you had to forgive him, did I?" He replied, taking a sip of his drink. "I just think you should reach out to him maybe. You told him no contact and it's been two weeks. He's miserable."

"Look -  I don't want him to feel miserable, I don't, but he should've thought about the consequences when going round his ex-girlfriend's house. I'll see him before I leave, alright? Please just drop it, I don't want to talk about it," I said sadly, suddenly losing my appetite. "I'm gonna go finish this in my room. I'll see you tomorrow," I said, getting up and leaving before he could say anything else. 

On the way, I stopped in the kitchen, putting the rest of my food in the bin and the cutlery in the sink. When I went into the bedroom, I could see my phone lighting up from notifications. It was Harry again. 

Sophie

I know you said not to contact you unless an emergency

This is an emergency

You need to come home now

Herb's ill

Really ill and I dont know what to do I'm freaking out

Please come home if you see this

Hold up what do you mean he's ill???

Oh thank god you replied, he stopped eating and perking up so I took him to the vet and they want us to go in and discuss next steps, that sounds bad right??

I'm on my way. I'll pick you up on route give me ten minutes

I shut it off, my heart dropping as I read it was about Herb. I had noticed he hadn't been acting his usual self but I hadn't assumed it was because he was ill - should I? Had I done something wrong and now he was ill?

I didn't have time to stop and think, I needed to leave and pick Harry up and go and see the vet about Herb. That was my priority right now, I pushed out all of the other feelings I had. 

I'd explain it all to Simon later, I had no time to tell him where I was going now. With nothing in my hand except my phone and my car keys I raced out of his flat, pelting down the stairs, not even waiting for the lift to open. 

I reached my car, unlocking it and starting the engine immediately. I was going so fast I didn't even realise I hadn't got my seatbelt on, having to do it at a red light. It was only a five to ten minute drive to our apartment, but I went a little quicker and got there in six minutes. 

By the time I reached the carpark Harry was waiting outside of the building, not even caring that it was raining. I flashed the lights, making him aware I was there and unlocked the car door. 

"Sophie, I'm so glad you're here, I've been panicking all afternoon, I would've contacted you earlier but it wasn't an emergency then and you said to only-"