Epilogue

HELLO WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ SELFISH DON'T BE A DUMMY AND READ THIS BC IT WILL SPOIL THE WHOLE BOOK FOR YOU SO GO READ SELFISH THEN COME BACK I AM WAITING!!!!

also if u wanna be extra emo when u read this, either read chapter 39 rn or read it straight after this chapter :)

ANYWAY MOVING ON!!!

It's here.

"I never got to tell him I was pregnant," I whispered, not to anyone in particular, but with Talia, Harry and JJ in the room. It was the first thing anyone had said since it had happened, nearly an hour and a half ago.

"Sophie -" Harry started, but Talia shook her head at him, and silenced him. I briefly looked up to meet her gaze, where she smiled sadly.

"That's why you were inviting us round tomorrow?" She asked, and she looked weirdly happy about it. Almost too happy.

"I -"

"He knew, Sophie. If it gives you any comfort at all, he knew. Or, at least he had a feeling you were," she tells me, extending out her arm, waiting for me to interlink fingers with her.

And now, every sob I'd been holding in for the last hour came out, and I was there in the room, a blubbering mess, holding onto Talia with the one hand, the other squeezed into a fist, trying to subtract the internal pain I was feeling from today.

"I'm sorry - I'm sorry for crying. You're hurting too. We're all hurting," I manage to say through tears, attracting JJ's attention now too. He scoots his chair forward, so he's in the little circle, and slowly reaches out for Talia's spare hand, and also Harry's arm too.

Harry motions for me to take his hand too, so I unclench my fist, taking Harry's hand, the warmth spreading from him to me.

We sit there together, and I manage to regain my breathing and control it, just watching out of the window as the sun slowly starts to set, ending one of the worst days of my life.

AUGUST 22ND 2023

liked by taliamar, ksi, wroetoshaw and 24,826,017 others

@sophhx: this hurts so much. i will never ever forget you. i love you

comments have been disabled for this post

// not saying you should listen to someone like you whilst reading this part. but listen to someone like you (by adele)

AUGUST 29TH, 2023

"He has not stopped crying the entire plane ride, it's like he knows something's up," Talia sighed, slotting into the seat next to me as we start to descend.

"He probably does," I tell her sadly, looking down at Henry, who was wailing in her arms.

"Why'd you choose Guernsey to do it? Was there a reason? You seemed pretty adamant about it," she asked casually, bouncing Henry up and down on her leg.