Chapter 30

It was the beginning of June, now. I had felt...off for a couple of weeks, at least. My appetite had gotten all funny, and had started to feel more nauseous more often...I had no idea why, but I ended up putting it down to stress and anxiety. I had felt like this back in August 2017 with the whole Simon shenanigan. 

Harry had been amazing the last month or so. He had slowed down his schedule to spend more time with me, and I really appreciated that from him. I had gone completely off of the radar with everything to do with social media, keeping in contact with my friends and family via text message or facetime. 

It was a really cleansing break, and I was really embracing it. Harry was thriving, along with the rest of the Sidemen, and life was finally starting to look up again. 

"I'm going out to film, bubs. I should be back early afternoon," Harry said, leaning down over the sofa and pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead. 

"That's a long shoot..." I said out loud, noticing that it was only nine in the morning. 

"Yeah, I know. We're doing this Sidemen go back to school thing I think, we're bringing back someone we had guest appear a while ago. It should be a laugh," he tells me, and he genuinely seems so interested. I'm happy for him. 

"Have a good time, love. Text me when you're on your way home," I made him promise, waving him goodbye and closing my eyes again when he left. 

This morning was the same as the rest, feeling a little under the weather, not hungry at all, besides, if I was I would be scared that I would throw it back up again anyway. 

I text Freya, she must be by herself too if they're filming a Sidemen video. 

helloooooo

Hey Soph!!! You alone?

yep, harry just left for the shoot

So did Josh. I can come over if you'd like??

sounds amazing, but i do feel a little ill right now :(

I'm fine to come over if you're up to have me. If not, don't worry!

don't be silly!!! of course you can still come over if you want to!!

I'll be there in half an hour x

Well that was a relief. I didn't really want to have to spend the whole day by myself, even if I Harry had been home nearly everyday for the last couple of weeks. 

I liked having company. 

Freya's timing was on point as usual, and exactly half an hour after her last text our doorbell rung. As I stood up, a wave of nausea rushed through me, and it felt like I was going to throw up. I looked around in panic, not really knowing what to do. 

One hand clutched my stomach, quickly rushing for the door and unlatching the lock, letting the door swing back before running off in the direction of the bathroom. 

I'd have to apologise to Freya later. 

My head hung over the toilet seat as I somehow emptied the contents of my very empty stomach into the toilet, wiping my mouth with my sleeve as I sat back up. This couldn't be just stress or anxiety, could it?

"Sophie? Oh my god! Are you alright?" Freya asked desperately, rushing over to kneel next to me, scooping my hair behind my ears and holding it there. 

"I'm fine. I'm good honestly, I think it's just a bug going round," I lie, trying to fake a smile.

But nothing got through Freya. "Don't lie to me. What's going on?"