Chapter 8

Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt your feelings just yet.

"So, I guess what I'm asking is, Sophie, will you marry me?" He asked me, and I was shocked to the very core. My whole body froze...it was like everything stopped working momentarily. 

His words circled around in my head - it wasn't that I was confused, or indecisive...no, I knew exactly what I was going to say. It was just such a big thing to say, and right now I couldn't bring myself to say it. 

But he was right there. Looking at me expectantly. He needed an answer. I could tell by the look in his eyes that my silence was driving him crazy. 

"Yes," I said, after a few more seconds silence. 

"Yes?"

"Yes, yes I will marry you. Yes," I told him, a huge grin breaking out on both of our faces. He leapt up to his feet, hugging me so tight I could feel my insides being squeezed. 

"You had me worried you were going to say no for a second," he admitted, stroking a finger against my cheek. 

"Hmm? You really thought I'd say no to you? I love you so very much, and I'm ready now...I'm so ready to spend the rest of my life with you. Plus, on my birthday, in Paris, by the Eiffel Tower...this is absolutely perfect, literally everything I've ever dreamed of...I am the luckiest girl on this whole planet," I gush, aware of how sappy I sound but too happy in the moment to care. 

"Will you let me put the ring on your finger?" He asked coyly, causing me to roll my eyes and hold my hand out. 

"Of course you can, idiot," I teased, appreciating the ease in which the ring slipped onto my ring finger. I held it up in the air, marvelling in how beautiful it looked. 

"Since when did you get so good at choosing a ring, huh?" I asked him, finally sitting down in my seat at the table. I was so ready to eat some food. 

"Honestly, I have no clue...I just went in, and saw this one and I just knew you'd love it...I guess my hunch was correct, huh?" He grinned, before turning around and waving the waiter over. 

Whilst he did, I just stared at my hand, which now felt complete with the ring. It was like I had been waiting for this, and now that it had happened, I felt that much more satisfied. 

"I ordered you a drink...saw you drinking it in the hotel room earlier," Harry told me, bringing a smile to my face. Honestly, it was impressive at how attentive he had become. 

"Thank you," I told him, leaning back in my chair and looking at the view. Oh how I wished I could have a quick photo shoot here...

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I heard him ask. I turned back to him, raising an eyebrow. 

"And what are you thinking?" I ask, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. 

"I'm thinking we should take some photos, whilst we are in the presence of this amazing view," he tells me, and his words remind me of why I love him so much. We're on the same wavelength all the time. 

"Yes, definitely yes! But let me take this ring off - I want to post some to my Instagram, and I'm not quite ready to tell anyone yet," I tell him, desperately hoping that he'll understand. 

"Of course, give it here, I'll look after it..but, just so we're clear, when you say tell anyone, do you mean you want us to keep it to ourselves, or?"

"No! I just mean no internet...I'm dying to tell Simon, and Freya and everyone..." I admit, knowing how much Freya and Talia are going to freak out over the news.