Chapter 44

"It's been cancelled, hasn't it?" I asked Harry, already knowing the answer. We'd been monitoring the news for the last day, not knowing if it would be safe for us to travel out to Italy for our honeymoon. 

But it seemed like the new virus had proved too stealthy, and had already travelled over to Europe, spreading like wildfire. 

"Yeah," he tells me sadly, showing the phone screen, where an email from the airplane company was displayed, letting us know our flight had been cancelled. 

"Oh well, it's safer this way I guess," I say quietly, not really knowing how to turn this into a positive situation. 

"Hey! We'll find a nice hotel in London - or we could go back up to our Manchester apartment for a week...this doesn't have to mean it's just cancelled!"

"True, I guess...we could always see if that hotel we went to for my birthday has any free rooms? That place was lovely..." I thought out loud. 

"Well, shit! That's a really good idea...I'm pretty sure I have the details somewhere in the cupboard, I'll dig through. But please don't stress over it, I promise I'll sort something out," he says to me, holding both of my hands in his, before a brief kiss on the forehead. 

"Alright..." I called out after him, but he had already disappeared from the living room, leaving just me and our packed suitcases. I sat back down on the sofa, one hand rubbing on my stomach comfortingly. 

My bracelet made a small little noise, alerting me to the little charm Talia had bought me last year...

Herb...

I missed him so much. It would nearly be a year since we lost him, a year that had gone by way too quickly. 

No, I wasn't going to cry right now. Herb was in a better place, and he wasn't in pain anymore. I loved him, and that was all that mattered. 

"You would've loved Herb," I whispered, looking down at my stomach in front of me. "Maybe one day we'll get another dog, when you're born. You guys will be best friends," I whisper, picturing the scene...a couple of years into the future, where we would live in big house with a nice garden, and our kid would run around with our dog, having fun. 

A text from from Simon pulls me from my thoughts. It's from Simon. 

Heard about the honeymoon. Gutted for you both :(

yeah, it is what it is. harry's looking for a hotel in london now bless him !

I'm sure the two of you will make the best out of a bad situation. You always do!

we'll try to! maybe it's for the best we're not flying anywhere anyway

True, but you still deserve a relaxing honeymoon. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

of course ! i'll text you soon

"They have a room!" I heard Harry yell from the other room. Relief flooded through me at the sound of his words. At least we were going to be able to salvage this honeymoon a little bit. 

"That's amazing! When do we leave?" I walk into our bedroom, seeing him sat cross legged with his laptop on his knees on the bed. 

"This afternoon, for three nights...I know it's not as long as Italy, but it's the best I could do with such a short ti-"

"You better not be apologising right now," I warn him, gently sitting next to him. "Even booking the room in this little time is amazing. Three nights is a perfect amount of time to relax, alright?"

"You're sure?"

"I'm spending it with you. To be quite honest, nothing else really matters to me."

-

"It's just as nice as I remember it to be...wow," I gasp, opening the door to our room, heading straight to the window, looking at the view we had. It wasn't the nicest of days, you know, it being February and all...but it was still beautiful from up here.

"Oh yeah...I forgot to tell you -" he started, causing me to turn around and eye him up. 

"What did you forget?"

"Nothing bad! Stop glaring at me! I just may have failed to mention that there's a heated swimming pool on the roof...that we have access to..." 

"What?!" I screeched, my face lighting up in excitement. "So that's why you told me not to take out my swimsuit...you're so secretive!" I protest, but rushing in for a hug with him regardless. 

"I'm also pretty sure they have face masks and shit like that in here too - oh, sorry," he corrected himself after I gave him the look for swearing. 

"I promise I won't swear when they're born!" He added on, kissing my cheek to make up for it. 

"You better not. I don't want them growing up foulmouthed, otherwise you'll be sleeping on the couch," I tell him, unable to hide the sly grin that appeared on my face. 

"You wouldn't!" 

"Oh I so would, Lewis," I spoke teasingly. 

"No you wouldn't...Lewis," he challenged back, the new use of the surname feeling weird, yet also comfortable. 

"That's Lewis - Minter to you," I correct him, not really caring about it. I'd decided to keep my name as Sophie Minter for publicity, but for personal, and legal proceedings it would be Sophie Lewis. Our child would also take Lewis as a surname, too. It had been an easy decision for the two of us. 

"Sorry, sorry, you're right...maybe whilst we're at it I should just call you wife?" He flirts, that look in his eye. 

"I'm reminding you that I am nearly eight months pregnant right now Harry. Don't go getting any ideas in your head," I say sarcastically.

He huffs. "I know, I know. But a kiss wouldn't hurt, right?" He asks, and he looks so innocent I can't say anything other than yes. 

"I suppose a kiss couldn't hurt...only a kiss, though."

He didn't need telling twice. He was stood opposite me in less than a second, his right hand coming up to tuck the hair behind my ear...a feeling I had unknowingly missed during the months of pregnancy. 

His lips graced mine first, and it felt like I was just falling in love with him all over again. The feelings I had felt over the last four years of our relationship came crashing back, flooding me all at once, and this kiss felt timeless. As if everything around us had stopped and we were the only people moving freely. 

We both didn't want it to end, but slowly that initial passion, the fire, started to die down, and a few seconds later he pulled away, panting a little. 

"That was -"

"- you are -"

"- amazing -"

"- incredible -"

He started laughing first, wiping his mouth a little before wrapping his arms around my neck, as if inviting me to dance with him. 

"I am so in love with you," he whispers, our foreheads touching for a second. 

"I'm in love with you too!" I repeat light heartedly. 

"No, no, you don't understand...I'm really in love with you...infatuated, completely, actually. I love you," he spoke sincerely, catching me off guard a little.

"And I love you too...are you alright?" I ask tentatively. 

"I'm amazing," he confirms, nodding his head. "Just grateful for you and the life we have. It just sort of hit me, you know? I'm lucky to be here, and I'm lucky to be loved by someone as amazing as you are, that's all. I'll stop being soppy now."

"It's our honeymoon. You can be as soppy as much as you like. It's just you and me."