48. Twice!

Hello☀️

Thanks for being so patient with me, I love you guys❤

Slowly, without making any sound I was setting the dining table for breakfast. Last night's conversation of Mr.Malhotra and Natasha is still fresh in my mind and I don't wanna piss her off cause here Mr.Malhotra won't even care to save me.

I heard footsteps from the stairs and saw her coming down while engaged in a phonecall. She was wearing a white one piece with a coat on, paired with a diamond bracelet and her golden watch that she was wearing last night too.

Mr. Malhotra came down jogging behind her and overtook her to reach to the table. He looked at me for a moment and then pulled a chair out and stood beside it waiting for her.

Who pulls a chair for their bestfriend?

She came closer and looked at that chair and then at him who was grinning at her. Narrowing her eyes, she shook her head and pulled another chair to sit on. Mr.Malhotra sighed as she sat on it and he sat on the chair pulled out by him. Wow!

In order to not grab much attention, I sat down too and the househelps came from ths kitchen with food.

"Just let him know I wanna have a conversation. " Natasha was busy talking and Mr. Malhotra was scrolling through his phone whe I sat there awkwardly, waiting for the food to be served.

So what if she orders murder like pizza, she won't kill me for making a little sound right?

"And none of that is my concern Jack! You have been hired to look after these things and if you can't, then lemme know." Her tone was stern and really calm.

"Whatever!" She disconnected the call and looked at Mr. Malhotra.

"Did you read today's newspaper?" She asked Mr. Malhotra and he looked at her.

"No not yet." He told her and she looked at Victoria.

Victoria immediately left and got back with the newspaper and handed it over to Miss. Bossy Khurana.

"Here." She handed it to Mr. Malhotra and I peeked at the front page.

No way! It looked like a wholesome apology from the publishing house and I closed my eyes.

"They won't dare again." She assured Mr. Malhotra but he was still looking at the newspaper intently.

After a few minutes of silence, he looked at her and kept staring until she looked at him too.

"What?" She asked and he passed the paper to her.

"How did you get his quote?" He asked and she looked at me for the first time today causing me to look down. I don't know why I'm so nervous!

"Not important. " She dismissed.

"It is important Natasha. He's my dad, how on earth did you get his quote even after everything?" He raised his voice and I looked up at him and then at her, who looked like she was in a business meeting.

Mr. Naren Malhotra gave a quote? Damn! I need to know this, I need to know if he has left any information about his whereabouts.

"As you must have guessed, he didn't do it out of his love for you or even humanity cause that's just not him. He got a fair deal so he had to." She told him and frowned.

I had an idea that the father son duo were not on good terms since Mr. Malhotra must hate his father for what happened with his mom but why does the father hates his son?