51. Shower.

Hello there!

Nandini's pov.

"As you wish Mr. Malhotra. We'll talk tomorrow now cause you can really use  some sleep right now." I told him taking my hand away from his grip.

He just looked at me with puppy eyes and I sighed offering him my hand again, which he took with a grin. To be honest, I feel a little worried and anxious after his confession. I know he is drunk and I shouldn't take him seriously but it's too much to take from someone who has only tortured me for as long as I've known him. Mr. Malhotra has only brought pain and worries in my life and the last thing I want right now is to hope that everything will be fine between us.

I had to take up responsibilities and be practical to survive in this world, hence I know what these hopes lead you to. This is not a fairy tale and Mr. Malhotra is not my Prince Charming and I should never forget that, not even for a moment.

"Will you sleep now? Or do you wanna change first?" I asked him sincerely and he looked down at my hands. He held my left ring finger in and frowned deeply.

"Why don't you have a ring Nandu? Aren't you my wife?" He asked in confusion like this wasn't the most painful truth of my life. I am his wife because he got his way with me and forced me into this.

"You never gave me one." I told him plainly and he looked at me like I was some weirdo. Right back at ya Malhotra!

"Why?" The audacity.

"Because you forced me into this and we only signed the papers." I reminded him and he frowned again.

"But I have always wanted to marry you. Ever since I saw you Nandu. " He mumbled causing me to roll my eyes.

I really need to find the medicine that woman mix in his drink, he has totally gone mad. I wonder what she could have done with him in this condition.

"Okay too much bull crap for a day Mr. Malhotra, let's call it a night. Now go change and sleep." I told him standing up and he looked at his empty hands intently.

"I want to get you a ring." He told me looking up at me and I sighed.

"Give it to me in the morning, I prefer given rings at the day time." I tried reasoning so he shuts up and goes to the washroom without more arguments.

"If that is what you like, then I'll give you a ring every morning." He told me smiling and trying to get up but failing miserably.

"Coolest thing ever Mr. Malhotra. Thank you so much." I thanked taking his hand in mine and helping him up.

I took him to the washroom and he thankfully didn't put up any fight. Taking off his jacket, I made him stand under the shower and an idea popped up in my mind. Too much for the tortures Mr. Malhotra.

I turned the shower on and he jerked, almost falling on the floor. I didn't try to help him, so unlike me but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I watched him as he coped with water and somehow grew conscious of his surroundings. Water made his shirt stick to his body and I had to gulp as my throat went dry.

He works out and it shows but I'm not looking for a show right now so I better head out before he realizes that I'm checking him out. Also, he can handle himself now which leaves me with no reason to stay.

As I turn to leave, his hand drags me in the shower causing me to shiver. He brings me so close that my body collides with his and my face plants on his chest. Okay.

I gulp trying to get away but he held me tightly to himself and I take a deep breath to calm myself down. A shiver runs down my spine and I feel goosebumps everywhere, obviously because of the cold water. His proximity has nothing to do with it.