32. Keep Her Safe.

Hello!

"I really wish you could stay longer, we haven't even explored the house together yet and our game of business is left unfinished." I told Nakul pouting who looked equally sad that he has to leave this soon.

"I don't want to go either Mami, but these elders! Who can make them understand?" He asked sighing and I sighed too.

"Tell me about it." I mumbled and Nakul shook his head with me at the 'elders'.

"What are you teaching him?" We heard Nakul's grandmother's shriek and she yank him on to her from my side.

"I was teaching her Nani." Nakul said sheepishly and it was really difficult for me to resist myself from laughing on the Witch's face.

"I asked you not to talk to her. You know I hate it when you disobey me like this Nakul. You should never forget the discipline I'm teaching you. Be like your Mamu, he never disobeys me." She said the last line, looking at me with a smirk on her face.

Good for her. At least the Head Of Evil listens to someone.

"I don't want to go back just yet Nani. I want to spend time with Mami." The little boy mumbled looking down and I really wanted to pull him in a tight hig and hide him from his Witch of a Nani but of course I couldn't.

"We will have to leave Nakul, I can't compromise with your education." She told him sternly and I gave Nakul a sympathetic look.

"But can't we go after two days? Just two days please?" He pleaded and she shook her head.

"Of course not! Your school starts day after tomorrow. No way in hell we are staying here." She said causing me to frown.

"You shouldn't be using that word in front of a child. He shouldn't learn that." I said without a second thought and received a death glare in return.

"Are you trying to teach me parenting? How dare you? For your information, your so called husband has been raised by me too. And don't you dare open your filthy mouth in front of me again." She shut me up and I saw Nakul lowering his head.

I have no doubt that you have raised Mr. Malhotra, seeing he's the actual leader of Hell anyways.

"We are leaving in five minutes Nakul, go and check your room for anything you have forgotten to keep." She ordered the kid and he ran back in.

Mr. Malhotra took this time to come out and immediately hugged her.

"I wish you could stay. I'll miss you." He said and she caressed his head.

"I'll miss you too Manik and I'll try to be back soon. If not me, I'll try to send Natasha, so that you at least have a company in this big lonely house." She said causing me to roll my eyes internally.

As if the Devil cares about being alone and hey, she just refuses to acknowledge my presence and I know better than pointing it out loudly.

"Sure thing Masi, it's been long I have met her anyways." He told her and SHE SMILED! OH GOOD GOD! THIS LADY SMILED!

Okay, so I know for a fact that she really really loves Natasha and she shipping her with Mr. Malhotra like a teenager.

And hence, all this hate for me.

Nakul came back running and hugged my legs. Smiling, I went on my knees and gave him a tight hug.

"Come back soon, we need to explore this place before I end up getting lost here." I told him and he giggled.

"Aye Aye Captain!" He gave a salute causing me to chuckle.

I ruffled his hair with love before standing up and he went to his Mamu.

"Keep her safe until I come back, will you?" Nakul asked Mr. Malhotra, refering to me and he looked at me.

"Okay, I will." He replied picking Nakul in his arms.

"And you take care of her until then." Mr. Malhotra told him pointing at his Masi and Nakul nodded.

"I will." The little boy responded leaving a smile on her face.

"We should leave now." His Masi said and Mr. Malhotra nodded.

"I'll drop you guys to the airport." He said and she began walking.

"Can I come along?" I asked because I really wanted to see my little man off.

"No." The lady straight up rejected my offer causing Nakul and I to pout.

"Pleaseeee." Nakul's puppy face worked and I was reluctantly allowed in the 'family time'.

I sat with Nakul on the back seat and the lady sat on the passanger seat while Mr. Malhotra drove us to the airport.

The whole drive was filled with the laughter of Nakul and I as we were playing and exchanging funny jokes.

I don't remember the last time I laughed and talked this much and all this reminded me of my Nimmi.

I saw Nakul off with teary eyes as we had really gotten close in these two days, we have stayed together and I'm really going to miss him.

I sat on the passanger seat on her way back home and I was busy looking out of the window, thinking about both the kids.

"You got really close to Nakul." Mr. Malhotra commented and I looked at him.

"Yeah, he was the only person who liked me in that house." I told him and didn't say anything after that for the longest time until we reached the gate of the house.

"I just hope he comes back soon." He mumbled and I couldn't agree more.

"Same." I told him before we got off the car.

"How is your health?" I heard him ask as I was walking inside the house and stopped on my track.

After the mushroom act, two days ago, it was the first time he ever asked about my health.

"I'm fine and all ready for another torture." I told him and he looked away before walking past me inside the house.

"I'm going to see Nalini." I told him from behind and he stopped.

"I'll come with you." I frowned at his words.

"Why?" I asked and he came back.

"Because I'm paying for it, now let's go." He again sat inside the car and I joined him.

We drove to the hospital in complete silence, while he was still looking at me time to time.

We reached and I immediately got out of the car and ran inside without waiting for him.

I went inside her room and it was no different.

With a paining heart, I sat beside her and caressed her hair.

"Every morning, I get up in the hope that you'll be fine and I'm losing in until you are actually fine Nimmi, which you will be." I assured her kissing her forehead.

"She will be fine, only if you continue paying." I heard the Head Of Evil's voice and sighed before looking at him.

"I'm going to see her doctor, don't go anywhere." He said and I nodded holding Nimmi's hand.

"I just hope, we get a good news from the doctor about your recovery Nimmi, I'm missing you so much." I whispered to Nimmi.

_______________________________________

I hope you are liking the story so far.

Love
Aashi ❤