11. Getting On Nerves!

Hello!

"Thank you for the lift, Sir. " I thanked Mr. Malhotra after getting out of his car and closing the door behind.

He just gave me a nod before asking his driver to start the car.

I turned towards my building after they left and headed towards my house.

I was greeted by Chachaji and Nalini who had her bags packed.

"Chachaji. " I hugged him and he patted my head.

"Nandu, how are you? " He asked as we broke the hug.

"Good, how are you? " I asked smiling.

"Absolutely fine. " He answered smiling.

"Di, we'll have to leave, train is in an hour." Nalini said causing me to frown.

"But I just came. " I told her looking at Chachaji.

"Nandu, we were just waiting for you. Now we'll have to leave or else we'll miss the train. " Chachaji told me.

"Okay but promise me when you'll come to drop her back, if not more, you'll at least stay with us for a whole day." I asked and he smiled.

"Promise Nandu." He promised and I bid them farewell.

The weather was changing and it looked like it was about to rain heavily.

Coming back home, the first thing I did was searching my phone to tell Mehula didi that she can take off till Nalini doesn't comes back, but couldn't find it anywhere.

May be I left it in Mr. Malhotra's car! How can I be so irresponsible?

Sighing, I got myself washed before changing into my comfortable T-shirt and shorts and sat in front of the tv after heating the dinner that they have left for me.

I was just done with eating and the electricity went off and since I didn't had my phone with me, I had to light candles in the house.

Seeing that it was raining, I went to my balcony with my mom's diary and sat their feelings the cold breeze. It just felt amazing.

I hope Nalini and chachaji reached the station before this began. And even if they didn't, the weather is not that bad, they won't face any problem. Instead they'll feel good.

My thoughts were interrupted by loud knocks on my door and I got up and went towards the door, taking a candle in my hand and keeping the diary on the table.

My eyes widened when I saw Mr. Malhotra outside from the pin hole.

"Sir. " I said as soon as I opened the door and he looked at me.

The wind was blowing way too much and my candle was about to extinguish when I brought my hand in the way and saved the flame.

Looking at Mr. Malhotra, I still found him looking at me blankly, which was a bit uncomfortable.

"Sir. " I called him again but there was no response.

"Mr. Malhotra. " I waved my hand in front of his eyes and he jolted a bit.

"What brought you here, Sir? " I asked and he looked here and there in embarrassment before composing himself and looking at me again.

"Your phone Miss. Murthy, you left it in my car. " He forwarded my phone.

"Thank you Sir, but you didn't really had to bother. I would have taken it from you, tomorrow as well. " I told him smiling a bit and taking my phone from him.