10. Pass Time!

Hello!

Sorry for being late! I'll be earlier next time.

"Get in Miss. Murthy. " I opened the door on his command and kept the coffee mug on his table.

He looked at me before taking a sip and putting the mug down again.

"Not bad like the earlier ones. " This is the seventh coffee that I've brought to him and he's saying 'not bad'.

What's the punishment for one murder?

"Can I go now Sir? " I asked him and he looked at his laptop.

"Yes and tomorrow morning get me this before 8:30." He instructed and I gave him a nod before leaving.

As soon as I sat on my chair, my body relaxed and I exhaled deeply. I have no idea why is he doing this to me, I've not done anything to him ever.

I wish I could go back in time and never leave the job I was doing before.

"So finally he liked it. " Amyra entered my cabin and I sighed.

"What have you done that he's doing this to you? " She asked sitting on the chair in front of me.

"Honestly, I've no idea what have I ever done to him. We met a few days back, he asked me to join his company, actually not asked, threatened, he threatened me to join his company and now he's doing this to me. " I told her and she looked confused.

"He doesn't gives this treatment to all his employees, why you? " She asked in confusion.

"Strange. " She said before getting up.

"All the best Nandini. " She wished before leaving and I held my head.

"God, what have I done so bad to deserve a psycho boss like him? " I groaned before opening my file.

After that I didn't got any call or instructions, which I was really glad about. I worked till 6 pm, one hour extra than my shift, to recover the time I've wasted in preparing coffee for my oh-so-beloved Boss.

Packing up my stuff, as soon as I got up, I heard the wireless ring.

"To my office, now. " He demanded before disconnecting the call.

How does he knows that I'm still in the office? Did he even see the time before calling?

Shrugging all the questions, I headed to his cabin and knocked twice.

"Come in. " I entered on his permission and stood in front of him.

"What are you still doing here? " He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry Sir but I didn't see the time. I was about to leave. " I lied, of course I couldn't tell him him that I was making up for the time I've wasted in preparing coffee for him!

"No need, sit there, we'll leave together in half an hour. I'll drop you home. " To be honest, I was surprised.

"But I've booked a cab Sir, it's coming. " I told him.

"Then cancel it Miss. Murthy, I said I'll drop you home. Now sit there. " He said pointing at the couch near the large glass wall that had a beautiful view of outside.

I obliged without a word and sat down. Cancelling the cab, I took out a file to work on while I was waiting.

"Working is your favorite way of passing time." I heard him saying and looked at him to find him looking at me.

"I've got nothing else to do. " I told him and he frowned.

"Are you not in any social site? " He asked crossing his arms with interest.

"No Sir, that's way too time consuming and distracting. And I can't afford wasting my time currently. " I told him and he nodded before looking at his laptop.

I too looked back at my file before switching on my laptop.

"So there's nothing that you like to do besides working. " He said again and I looked at him.

"That's not the case Sir, there are other things that I like doing but talking is clearly not one of them. " This was my way of letting people know that I'm not interested in talking. I smiled sweetly and he looked amused.

"Got it Miss. Murthy but I still want to know what are those other things. " He insisted. Some people just don't get the hint!

"Cooking, gardening, I like raising plants a lot." I told him and he nodded.

"Raising, good. " He mumbled nodding and I got back to work.

We didn't talk after that and about forty minutes later, he got up.

"Let's go." He said and I nodded before packing my stuff and following him outside.

By now there was no one in the office except the security guards.

We went to the parking lot and his driver opened the door for us.

I didn't realize it back then but it's really strange and uncomfortable, going home in Boss' car. What if someone sees? They'll think that there's something going on, this is so wrong.

But there's no one around, from tomorrow, I'll leave on time with everyone.

Sighing, I looked outside the window at the busy streets.

Nalini's vacations are starting from tomorrow and she's leaving for Nasik, where our Chachaji and Chachi live, so I'll be all alone at home. I'll give Mehula didi an off, I can cook for myself or even order, no big deal.

"What is it that keeping you so engrossed? " I jolted a bit at his sudden interference in my thoughts.

"Nothing Sir, just Nalini and home. " I told him faking a small smile.

"Miss. Murthy your phone. " He pointed and I looked at it to find it vibrating.

Chachi's name was flashing in it.

"Pick it up. " He insisted and I followed even after knowing why she was calling me.

"Chachi. " I said receiving the call.

"Nandini, did you see the picture I sent you? How did you like him? " She asked excitedly.

"I didn't Chachi, and I don't want to either. " I told her for the umpteenth time.

"But Nandu-" "Chachi please, I've already told you so many times, I'm not interested. I just want to focus on my work and Nalini right now. This is not even in my list, not until I get Nalini treated. " I told her and heard her sigh.

"We are all there for Nalini Nandu, you need to understand this that having a partner in not a hurdle but a help in clearing all the hurdles. It's sharing of responsibilities. He's a nice guy, at least look at his picture. " She insisted causing me to sigh this time.

"Chachi, I know he must be great, that's why you've chosen him but it's not him, it me. I don't want this at this point of my life and I'm on my way to home, I'll talk to you once I reach. Bye. " I told her.

"But Nandu-" "Bye Chachi. " I disconnected the call and exhaled deeply before holding my head.

"Stressful. " Mr. Malhotra commented and I looked at him to find him looking at me.

"It is. " I agreed before looking at the window.

I just hope, this time Chachi gets my point and stops nagging me for getting married. Anyways Nalini is leaving for their place tomorrow, so may be she can make her understand. God save me please!

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked the chapter.

Don't forget to turn the white star orange and drop a comment before you leave.

Love
Aashi ❤