4. Interested

Hello!

"Wait for a minute Nandini, Mr. Malhotra just called saying, he'll attend the meeting too." Mr. Chopra stopped me before I could start my presentation.

This was the report I was working on from the past week and I was really confident about it until now. I don't think I'm prepared enough to give this presentation in front of Mr. Malhotra.

"But Sir how can I-" "What's the problem Miss. Murthy? " I stood stunned as Mr. Malhotra intervened my sentence.

Gulping, I looked at Mr. Shankar to find him smiling at me. Among Mr
Chopra and Mr. Shankar, Mr. Shankar was friendlier and I was more comfortable with him. Whenever I got stuck, I have always looked at him.

" Your presence can make anyone nervous Mr. Malhotra, it's not her fault actually. " Mr. Shankar defended me chuckling and Mr. Malhotra looked at me.

"Do I make you nervous Miss. Murthy?" He asked taking slow steps towards me.

Not only nervous but you intimidate me as well. You are the Monster business, is this even a question? I wanted to say all these things but of course I couldn't.

He stood close to me and his strong expensive cologne hit my nostrils, making me feel a bit dizzy and lost. It was so good.

"I expect an answer Miss. Murthy. " He said and I came out of my wonderland.

"I um, I..." I couldn't gather words and courage.

"Miss. Murthy, begin with the presentation, we have faith in you. And Mr. Malhotra, I request you to please take your seat. " Mr. Shankar came to my rescue.

He made Mr. Malhotra sit on the chair opposite to the screen and came towards me.

"It's do or die Nandini, all the best. " He whispered before taking his seat and I took a deep breath after turning to the screen.

It's do or die Nandini. C'mon. It's a great opportunity for you, think how good can it be for your career.

With determination and a business face, I turned towards them again and the lights dimmed. C'mon Nandini.

I began with the presentation with confidence and soon came in the flow. I could feel Mr. Malhotra's eyes on me all the time but when it came to my work and ambition, I was prone to everything.

"Thank you so much. " I finished the presentation with a thank you and everyone looked quite impressed except Mr. Malhotra. His face was expressionless and eyes were stuck on my face.

"Impressive Nandini, great job. " Mr. Shankar was the first one to praise me and I gave him a nod with a smile.

After that, I got praises from all, except that one man. He stood up after almost everyone left, and walked towards me.

He stood in front of me and I looked down, intimidated.

"I don't think my presence makes you nervous Miss. Murthy. The way you gave your presentation is a proof of it. Good work. " I was on cloud nine when he praised me and left from there. I wanted to jump, scream, dance in excitement but that would be completely inappropriate for office, so I maintained my straight face and headed out of the room after taking my belongings.

Remind me to dance, after I reach home.

.*.*.*.*.*.

"I envy you so damn much! I can't tell you how much! " Navya whined and I chuckled.

"Why is he all of a sudden so interested in our office? " Megha asked biting her pencil.

"Because he is working with us Megha. " Payal told her in a duh tone.

"Yeah but all we have to do with him is supplying steel, then what's the point of coming here again and again? " Megha's question was valid. Why is he taking so much interest in our work?

"What is your problem? Isn't it good, we still have chances. " Payal said and she nodded before taking out her make up pouch.

"I'll be right back. " She got up taking her pouch and left. Megha and make up, still a better relationship than many.

"I'm going to get myself a cup of coffee, do you want one? " I asked Navya before getting up but she shook her head in denial.

"I'm on detoxification. " She told me and I shook my head before heading to the canteen.

As far as I know Navya, her detoxification drama won't last even for a whole day.

Chuckling at my thoughts, I gave my order and sat on a chair, waiting for the arrival of my coffee.

I took out my phone and began typing a message to Mehula didi, asking about Nalini's health.

"I'm interested Miss. Murthy. " I was startled as I heard Mr. Malhotra's deep voice, out of nowhere.

Getting up immediately, I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Mr. Malhotra. " I acknowledged his presence and he sat on the chair opposite to mine.

"Have a seat Miss. Murthy. " He asked and I looked around to find no one near. Where has the population vanished when I need them?

"Miss. Murthy. " He gained my attention and I sat down, intimidated.

"Why are you sweating Miss. Murthy? Are you okay? " He asked and I blinked rapidly.

How can I converse with THE MANIK MALHOTRA? Who am I?

"I get it that you are an introvert but I don't like it when people ignore me Miss. Murthy. " His tone turned dangerous which made me gulp almost immediately.

"I-I just get intimidated by you. " I blurted out without thinking and he raised his one eyebrow at me.

"Really? " He asked narrowing his eyes and I looked down flushed.

"But you were really confident while giving the presentation. " He pointed out and I looked at him.

"When it comes to my work, I'm prone to everything Mr. Malhotra, even your intimidating personality. " His facial expressions gave the hint that he was impressed by my answer, which helped me in gaining confidence.

"When I came here, I told you something but you didn't paid attention to it. " He said causing me to frown.

"Sorry Sir, I really have no idea. " I told him and he leaned on the chair, crossing his arms. Is it a bad or a good sign?

"Okay then, let me repeat it for you, just for once. " His tone was intense and firm which had a hidden warning that he won't repeat again and he doesn't likes repeating his words.

"So I was saying, I'm interested Miss. Murthy. " His words made me frown deeply.

"Interested? In what Sir? " I asked and he had a little bit of amusement in his eyes.

"In you Miss. Murthy. " His words made my eyes widen.

"Excuse me? " I got up and a smirk came on his lips.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked the chapter!

Mr. Malhotra is quite interested in Miss. Murthy.

If you liked the chapter then don't forget to turn the white star orange and drop a comment before you leave.

Love
Aashi❤